• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Upgrade You've Ever Received?

i was once upgraded at AoA from a little mermaid room to the cars suite....but i didn't actually take the upgrade. The cast member looked at me like i was crazy :o

On our honeymoon in 2005 we booked a standard view at BC and when we checked in the CM upgraded us to club level! Our room looked right out at the lake and the boardwalk!

Just out of curiosity, are all these upgrades on cash resies or are any on Points? I asked for a room in the springs section of SSR after our room assignment and they gave that to me. and I do agree - it is way easier to upgrade a short stay than longer ones. Love the thread!

Just out of curiosity, are all these upgrades on cash resies or are any on Points? I asked for a room in the springs section of SSR after our room assignment and they gave that to me. and I do agree - it is way easier to upgrade a short stay than longer ones. Love the thread!

I have been upgraded on points but it's EXTREMELY rare. Last time it was because my room got pulled out of inventory due to construction. So instead of AKL standard view studio, I got a 1 bedroom at OKW. However, being located in the springs section at SSR is not an upgrade, just FYI....at least not for another year, if that's what they're going to call preferred.

I have been upgraded on points but it's EXTREMELY rare. Last time it was because my room got pulled out of inventory due to construction. So instead of AKL standard view studio, I got a 1 bedroom at OKW. However, being located in the springs section at SSR is not an upgrade, just FYI....at least not for another year, if that's what they're going to call preferred.
So it's like a room out of commission thing. Yea I know it's not an upgrade. More like best you can get on points ... If you're lucky!

We have gotten many view upgrades, once on points at BW from standard to garden. It actually got me kinda worked up, because we are stingy with our points and I noticed 15 were missing, but I didn't see how they then credited them back. We live two hours away and go once a month. So the probability of getting an upgrade increases since we go so often. Before we moved local and came only once a year we never got upgraded.

Mine was due to the fact the trip was my honeymoon. Upgrade from gardenview room at the poly to Magic Kingdom view concierge level at the poly. Hawaii building.

We received our first upgrade last year when we were set to stay in the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA and was upgraded to the Cars Suites. There were only 3 of us and it wasn't needed, but it was one heck of an upgrade and extra room is never a bad thing. Really started our trip off on a great note and it's a trip I will never forget.
How did you get that? Was there a mix up?

We lucked out on an upgrade on our first trip: booked a Studio at SSR and upgraded to a One Bed Villa! :) The CM on the desk didn't say anything and as we were staying for a week, we didn't expect anything other than the room we had booked. I cried when I realised... DH hadn't even realised!

years ago (probably 10-11) I was calling to make reservations on our first ever on site stay at Disney. The Cast member on the phone was so rude, (like beyond believable) We were looking at value resorts, and we were super tight on our budget, as a young family just starting out. Well after minutes of her berating me, (no lie) I asked for her manager. She hung up on me. I had taken down her name at the start of the conversation, so immediately called back, asked for manager, and so on Well long story, longer... We originally were looking at a value resort standard room, and the manager felt so bad we ended up with a savannah view, bunk bed king room. Was amazing for a first on site stay. But my poor husband said they created a monster... because now we always look moderate or deluxe haha I want to add, we NEVER asked for an upgrade, or anything. We truly didn't expect this. I just wanted someone to speak to the she-devil who was so mean!

How did you get that? Was there a mix up?

We think there may have been. We were going to stay at POP because we were unable to book the Little Mermaid because it was full. When my wife called to make the final payment she asked for them to check again at AOA and they said they had a room. I looked online and still didn't see one, so we think they may have overbooked. Other than that nothing "strange" happened. It was a nice surprise for sure.

I've been upgraded numerous times from standard to river view at POFQ. My best upgrade happened when I stayed at AKL several months after it opened. I was upgraded from a savanna view to concierge level! It was a nice surprise.

In 2009 we went to Disney for the first time as a family. DH and I had both been a few times growing up but never stayed on property (stayed with family in the area). The main point of the trip was for DH to run the marathon. I didn’t even know if my then 1 year old could enjoy any of the rides but thought oh what the heck let’s stay in “one of the hotels” and “go do some rides”. We checked into Poly and were upgraded from a standard room to club level… when we got into the room I could literally see the castle from my bed and BONUS free food & drinks. At that time we didn’t know what to expect from Disney but had the best time!!! We made wonderful memories and were blown away by the Disney experience. We were 100% hooked. Since then we’ve been back 10 times, on 4 Disney cruises, to Disneyland, Disneyland Paris & Disneyland Tokyo… We're huge into Disney now it all started with that trip!

We've had 2 great upgrades :)

On our honeymoon in January 2014, we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. They upgraded us from a regular room to a Savannah view room. The hotel was full that week and people were actually staying at AKL who had booked one of the value resorts. I don't have pictures at the moment.

The other awesome upgrade was at the Dolphin in May 2011. We booked a regular room. It's a long story but we eventually were upgraded to this huge suite.

IMG_0203-1.jpg

IMG_0189-2.jpg
IMG_0191.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg

I am enjoying reading everyone's upgrade stories. I have never received one, but that's ok. I always try to book the resort and view that I'd be happy with. I was just wondering about resort upgrades, when you are upgraded to an entirely different resort, are you notified prior to arrive or when you check in to your resort? I am just curious as to how this works. Congratulations to everyone that has received this special Pixie Dust!

We've been upgraded a bunch of times, mostly room views. The best one was checking into the BC, the lady with the clipboard asked if we were the "XXX" family, when we said yes, she spoke into her little microphone. I just assumed it was a call ahead, so they could have our information up on the computer when we walked in. We were speaking with the CM for a few minutes, when out came a bunch of CMS with balloons, clapping and singing. We clapped along and I was looking throughout the lobby to see whose birthday it was......no birthdays, we were family of the day! Upgraded the whole time to concierge, with a huge room. That was great. The second best time was when my sister and I went on a girls trip. We had booked little mermaid at AoA, and before we even got on the plane had gotten a text that our room was ready...in building 6!! I was so excited, I knew that that was the Lion King building! A suite for the 2 of us. It was great, we each had our own bathroom to get ready in the morning! No missing park opening because of make up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter