Best Hollywood Studios Guide - Tips, Tricks, Must do's, Please Contribute!!!

WOW omg what a guide!!!! My 2 cents, is go straight to TSM, get fastpasses, then book it over and ride RnRC and ToT!! If you want a good laugh by the way... click the 2nd link in my sig. It's my first ride on ToT... :rotfl2:

Minor snack tip at DHS. The Coke stand just inside the park entrance has an "iced mocha". Not to be confused with the slushy 'frozen mocha' that you can find all over. It's a snack credit and is a perfect coffee drink on a hot day. Maybe there is another place that has them, but I haven't seen it.

Maybe I missed it, but does anyone know the hours of the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground? On another thread, someone mentioned it closing at 4pm, which was supposedly "dusk"! We are going in a couple weeks, and dusk is officially at 8:45 pm! Will they still close at 4? Also, when does it open on an EMH morning?

We usually head for Toy Story and get the fast pass (I feel like im cattle being hearded)...get the fast pass and then head right to Star Tours and you get on with no wait......then we run to the Little Mermaid(still no wait as everyone is on Toy Story.....Great Movie Ride(no wait) and then Muppets(no wait)...and last but no least before we eat the Backlot which just reopened with no live guide but a lousy recorded tour voice.......

We then eat...either prime time(yes walk on, it can and always gets done there) or the play and dine(same walk on).........

By now its crowded and we watch the Beauty and the Beast show and do the drawing classses(over and over again...and if you do this ask for Issiac as he goes to all my Orlando wrestling shows and tell him you know the Maniac)

Parade and home.......

Updated the Restaurant Info and the updated the abbreviations based on DIS approved abbreviations. I think I will submit for approval of some other commonly used ones like LMA and BLT. BUt that is for another day.

Nice work to all who have contributed, but can you tell me were I can find the incredible characters?

thanks for all the info everyone. I will be traveling for the next two weeks and I won't have easy internet access for most of my trip. If you have any last advice or tips please post them.

thank you

IMwink ;)

Radio Disney used to have a radio studio in DHS from which they did a four-hour broadcast daily. We stopped by during off-air hours and they gave us a nice tour, explained the technology, and sent us off with some trinkets.

I didn't check when we were there in December - is the RD station still in existence? I know BB Good left the station last year.

Found a description on the main site: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/mgm/st-radio.htm ,
but I think it's out of date.

The best American Idol Experience show to go to is the Finale at 7! You get to see all the winners from the shows throughout the day and then you get to vote on who should get the golden ticket to audition at the real American Idol.

For the Backlot Tour, if you don't want to stand around and watch the first part (the volunteers do a skit), just keep walking past everyone and proceed into the building..if you move fast enough, you can catch the tram that's already boarding! If you miss it, that's alright..you now have time to look around at all the props being displayed in the building!

1. The best time to do ToT and /or RNRC is during the parade time or Fantasmic!
2. Do TSM first! Use the single rider line if possible!

Can you still get the Brown Derby cobb salad at Starring Rolls? That salad is the only thing I want...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter