Best Hollywood Studios Guide - Tips, Tricks, Must do's, Please Contribute!!!

Hi. Going on our 1st trip to DW in late June. I have just come up with a park plan for HS and would love to have some of you DW veterans out there take a look at it and give me some feedback. I know I may be WAY OFF with it. I will be at HS on June 23rd in late afternoon for H&V fantasmic ADR and going to amEMH on June 25th, so I have broken up the plan over the 2 days as follows:

June 23
1. Arrive around 3:00
2. get Indiana Jones FP if any left
3. Holywood & Vine for 3:35 ADR - estimating we will be out of there by 4:30
4. Little Mermaid
5. Star Tours
6. Indiana Jones 5:30 show
7. Fantasmic - get in line around 8:15 for 9:00 show

June 25
1. arrive ~ 8:00
2. get fP for Toy Story Mania
3. See Muppet Vison 3D
4. Studio Backlot Tour
5. Toy Story Mania
6. the great movie ride
7. if time before ADR, then Honey I shrunk the Kids
8. Sci Fi Diner - 12:10 ADR
9. Exit park (We would really like to go to Typhoon Lagoon in late afternoon, so I planned on missing the stunt show)

My crowd are not thrill ride people :scared:, so we will not be doing the RR coaster or Twilight.

Hi. Going on our 1st trip to DW in late June. I have just come up with a park plan for HS and would love to have some of you DW veterans out there take a look at it and give me some feedback. I know I may be WAY OFF with it. I will be at HS on June 23rd in late afternoon for H&V fantasmic ADR and going to amEMH on June 25th, so I have broken up the plan over the 2 days as follows:

June 23
4. Little Mermaid
5. Star Tours

June 25
3. See Muppet Vison 3D
4. Studio Backlot Tour
5. Toy Story Mania
6. the great movie ride
9. Exit park (We would really like to go to Typhoon Lagoon in late afternoon, so I planned on missing the stunt show)

My crowd are not thrill ride people :scared:, so we will not be doing the RR coaster or Twilight.

never known a need for FP for Indian Jones show. Did you mean to say get Star Tours FP????

Also is Honey I shrunk the Audience still open??? Someone here will know. I thought it was closed. (maybe you were referring to the kids playground for Honey I shrunk the kids tho)

Hi. Going on our 1st trip to DW in late June.
June 23
4. Little Mermaid
5. Star Tours

June 25
3. See Muppet Vison 3D
4. Studio Backlot Tour
5. Toy Story Mania
6. the great movie ride

Hey, didn't I just see you on the AK thread? :rotfl:

Thought I'd give your DHS plan a try as well. Mind you, these are just suggestions, not concrete. And I'm basing it on my old schedule and Times Guide (was there a month ago). Up to date show times, check out Steve Soarin's and studiocentral.com

1. Arrive 3:00PM
2. (There's no FP for Indiana Jones, I'd get FP for Voyage of the Little Mermaid or Star Tours.)
3. If can't get any FP, then just go straight to ADR and see how the wait is. Sometimes they'll let you in earlier, so you'll be able to get out earlier.
4. Star Tours (It's closest to Indiana, and you'll need 1/2 hr to get into Indiana to get a good seat 5-5:30)
5. Indiana Jones 5:30 show
6. Voyage of the Little Mermaid(But check what time is the last showing). Tip: If have stroller, park it before getting into line. People don't know and go in with stroller, than have to get out of line to park it.
5. Fantasmic

or
4. Little Mermaid
5. Indiana Jones
6. Star Tours
7. Fantasmic (this version might be better, timewise, fitting in Little Mermaid before last showing)

1. 8:00 Arrive
2. FP TSM (just past TSM is the Tour, have party wait there for your FP runner)
3. Studio Backlot Tour
4. Muppet Vision 3D
5. TSM
6. The Great Movie Ride (can be before/after lunch)
7. Sci Fi Diner (12:10)
8. Honey I Shrunk the Kids (playground, it's not a show)
9. Exit

June 23
4. Little Mermaid
5. Star Tours

June 25
3. See Muppet Vison 3D
4. Studio Backlot Tour
5. Toy Story Mania
6. the great movie ride

The only thing I might suggest - but it may ruin your timing is to ride TSM standby and then get a fast pass. Now maybe in June this won't work, but we did it on our last trip (10/09) and it worked great. It was a regular park opening - not EMH. We rode standby - waited maybe 15 minutes - then got a fast pass that was for 11:45 I think. That way we got to ride twice :thumbsup2

Otherwise I concur with the others

never known a need for FP for Indian Jones show. Did you mean to say get Star Tours FP????

Also is Honey I shrunk the Audience still open??? Someone here will know. I thought it was closed. (maybe you were referring to the kids playground for Honey I shrunk the kids tho)

Oops - yes I meant Star Tours fast pass. Not keeping track of stuff very well!:rotfl: And yes, I meant the playground. I thought the kids might enjoy it.

The only thing I might suggest - but it may ruin your timing is to ride TSM standby and then get a fast pass. Now maybe in June this won't work, but we did it on our last trip (10/09) and it worked great. It was a regular park opening - not EMH. We rode standby - waited maybe 15 minutes - then got a fast pass that was for 11:45 I think. That way we got to ride twice :thumbsup2

Otherwise I concur with the others

They are telling me that late June is crazy, but I guess I can take a look at the stand by line at that time to see if it is possible. I heard it is a great ride!

Hey, didn't I just see you on the AK thread? :rotfl:

Thought I'd give your DHS plan a try as well. Mind you, these are just suggestions, not concrete. And I'm basing it on my old schedule and Times Guide (was there a month ago).

I just changed my Fantasmic ADR HS plan to the one you suggested (the version with #4 being the Mermaid). It is definitely much better! I like the amEMH plan too, but I have a question. According to what I have found, the Studio Backlot Tour is not open during amEMH, so wouldn't I be better going to Muppets first as they are suppose to be open then? :confused:

We have been going to WDW for years and last year we decided to do Magic of Disney Animation. LOVED it! :cool1:

Anybody have a list of the latests characters seen at the Animation Building? Do they still send out the characters at 4:50 & 5:20?

Anybody have a list of the latests characters seen at the Animation Building? Do they still send out the characters at 4:50 & 5:20?

Do you have Verizon-you can download an app for your phone with characters times. It worked out great last year when we went. Make sure to see Daisy at HS she's a hard one to find unless you go to Tusker House in AK.

Magic of Animation is one of favorite things to do in all of WDW. I have the drawings in my office at work and my co-workers are amazed that I drew the characters so well :thumbsup2

Do you have Verizon-you can download an app for your phone with characters times. It worked out great last year when we went. Make sure to see Daisy at HS she's a hard one to find unless you go to Tusker House in AK.

The PP was talking about the random pop-up characters that come in on days where there's not an early Fantasmic (prior to 7:30). They wouldn't be on a times list.

I would say of all the parks, I would DEFINITELY avoid this one on EMH evenings!!!! It gets very congested, especially around the TOT and RNR area!!!

The PP was talking about the random pop-up characters that come in on days where there's not an early Fantasmic (prior to 7:30). They wouldn't be on a times list.

Verizon gave us the list of the characters that would be in the Animation building at 4:50 and 5:20 on the non-Fantasmic days.

Verizon gave us the list of the characters that would be in the Animation building at 4:50 and 5:20 on the non-Fantasmic days.

Unfortunately I don't have Verizon :( ... So they only bring the characters out on non-Fantasmic nights?

I remember last year I got pics with Cpt. Hook & Smee, Pocahontas & Meeko, The Red Queen, Aladdin & Jasmine, Minnie, Japetto (sp?), Belle, Snow White, Mary Poppins, and there were a few more but I didn't get pics with them.

I had planned my DHS day on a non-Fantasmic night to avoid crowds and then they added one every night in Oct. and now my night has two Fantasmic showings... one at 7:30 and then 9:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter