• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Hollywood Studios Guide - Tips, Tricks, Must do's, Please Contribute!!!

This may have been mentioned already since this is an old thread, but I found the best counter service at HS was Fairfax Fare. They serve ribs, brisket, that sort of thing. Everything we had was delicious! In a park full of mediocre CS dining (and sometimes mediocre TS from what I've read, although we got lucky at Mama Melrose's), Fairfax Fare was a nice surprise.

HOWEVER - finding a seat can be especially difficult since it shares a seating area, plus it's near the opening to Fantasmic! So if you go near the time when they start letting people into Fantasmic! be prepared to fight for a seat *L*

A must-have snack snack for me is an ice cold chocolate chip muffin from the Writer's Stop! We must sit down on the couch there, watch part of a Disney movie, and relax for a hot minute every trip!

One of our favorite meet & greets was with Mike & Sulley from Monsters Inc. The building that they are in is back by LMA & BLT. The building is not well marked at all. There is just a cardboard stand up of Roz at the front door. It was great, no wait and no one behind us so we could stay and play with them.

MikeSulleywithFamily.jpg

could someone tell me if Mike and Sulley still have this meet and greet.
I know some of the information on the first 3 pages are outdated--like the power rangers were given back to the original owners and will not appear in disney world.

I know some of the information on the first 3 pages are outdated--like the power rangers were given back to the original owners and will not appear in disney world.

As of March 22, they were still there. Hard to find but worth it because there was NO wait whatsoever. The only thing is they can't sign autographs, but Sulley does give great hugs! He's like a great big throw rug :lmao:

We saw Sulley there end of May of this year. No line. Went right in off the Back Lot tour.

Does anyone have experience with DHS opening earlier than the listed times? I've been an EPCOT when they have opened earlier and have done rope drop ceremonies at MK and AK, yet I'm curious if I get to DHS 30 min early will it just be a lot of standing around??

We saw Sulley there end of May of this year. No line. Went right in off the Back Lot tour.

we are back- at the back lot we met Sulley AND Mike together. The photopass guy says get our pic taken because it is very rare they are together.

Woo hoo. Again there was no line here for us either-- They dont sign nor do they stamp--its just for photos only

Add the Muppet 3D, Star Tours (if open),Lights Motor Action stunt show, and Great Movie Ride as must dos.

We are getting ready for our Magical Holiday vacation in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for The Osborne Family Lights?

I remember reading in past years that AP holders can get 3D glasses to view Osborne Lights. Since it must enhance the viewing of the lights, we are taking our own 3D glasses in December. I can't wait to watch it with the 3D glasses. It is amazing without them, I can't imagine how great it will be with them.

The glasses made it appear as though there are snowflakes or angels in place of the lights. I do not know if regular 3D glasses would do much. :confused3

I am sure I will corrected if I am wrong and I will take it like a woman. :lmao:

Slightly Goofy

Min & Bills has added a Pretzel Hot Dog to their menu along with a couple of other specialty sandwiches and you can also get a milkshake as a drink. The Pretzel around the hot dog is very good and somewhat like the Pretzel bread you get at EPCOT's Le Cellier. We eat here because it is right across from Idol and we love that, especially the last showing of the night that has the best of the best.

So glad to see this thread still going and what a great idea and it sure did fill the bill as far as need too! Thank you!

Oops, almost forgot, sitting on the steps of Drew Carey is still possible but it is not quite as good as it used to be because the pre show has moved up the street a bit. The pre show used to be right in front of the steps. Still an easy and comfortable seat to get though.

Slightly Goofy

Great thread, good advice. :)

I read the first page with updates, hopefully this wasn't already mentioned.
At the Magic of Disney Animation you can go in the right line which takes you straight to the characters and drawing area, if you don't want to watch the video. We saw the video the first time and loved the drawing class so when we came back to the park we took the right side and went straight inside. Even if you don't usually like drawing, I say go for it. Our family went about 4 times and we aren't that good, but it was so much fun and pretty easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter