Best Hollywood Studios Guide - Tips, Tricks, Must do's, Please Contribute!!!

One of our favorite meet & greets was with Mike & Sulley from Monsters Inc. The building that they are in is back by LMA & BLT. The building is not well marked at all. There is just a cardboard stand up of Roz at the front door. It was great, no wait and no one behind us so we could stay and play with them.

MikeSulleywithFamily.jpg

I can't remember the name, but the book shop (streets of america I think) is a great place to get a coffee and a muffin and chill out for 15 minutes or so.

Just found it 'The Writer's Stop'. Looked at the menu, coffees, muffins, bagels, buns etc. all well priced for a short break and the best thing is no-one knows about it. Damn everyone knows now.

This is a must do for me also. It is just really nice to sit down and have a little snack or drink in the Writer's Shop. I have never found it to be busy, just nice and quiet. There are couches to sit on or little window tables to sit at and watch the crowds walk by.

What great posts! Just when I though I was ready, more great information to add to my folder. Thanks.

DaveStroem,

You have com through again. Besides being Princesses my DDs are big Monsters!! (Inc, fans that is!!!). They will love this, and even if they Don't I will. That is if the Characters don't scary the be-willies out of them.

mhalpern,

Thanks for Character Info, I didn't know all those characters were there. The Incredibles is my favorite Disney film (after the little mermaid but don't tell anyone that).

I will update the post later, but I have some work things I have to do right now, (24hr a day job over here).

This is great! Just when I think I have seen everything the DIS has to offer you come up with this OCD list for The Studios. I hope you plan to do the same for the other parks!!:wizard:

I love the banana slurpee type drink at Herbie's over by the Stunt Show. I like things I cannot find in the real world.

Drew Carey Show is a great place to nap.

The steps outside near to Drew Carey, across from Min & Bill's, is a great place to see the parade. You can get a drink and can usually get a seat last minute as not many people think of sitting there and folks are pretty nice about scooting over if you need a seat. Put the children down on the sidewalk so that they will be able to interact with the characters. No one is allowed to stand in front of you. Avoid those nice tables and seats across the road cause folks CAN stand in front of you there.

Avoid Osbourne Lights when they first open. You might sit up at the counter serve if you want to see when they first turn the lights on but the crowds are heavy at first and you cannot really get a good view of things then.

Pizza Planet has a pretty good pizza and salad combo that is good DP or OP and you can sit and people watch as well. It is especially nice when the Christmas decorations are up.

The Christmas Shop is a great place to find a usable vacation souvenir.

Hollywood & Vine has desserts from Starring Rolls.

Starring Rolls has some of the same foods as Brown Derby for much less. The flourless chocolate cake rocks! It is a snack credit as well.

Slightly Goofy

Slightly Goofy

Hi there!

I was over on your AK thread checking that out. It is hard for me to find new things about my favorite place but I have garnered a few from your threads. TY!

Osbourne Lights is the Christmas light display that the Studio has from late November through early January. It is awesome!

I am headed over to check your MK thread right this minute.

I haven't seen anything about HSM-SY. Does anyone have any info about it?

i dont know about SY, but last year with the HSM show, it was one of my daughters most treasured moments. they come down the main street like a parade and pull in by the large Sorcerer's hat. you can line up ahead of time, we were on one of the sides as they make you move from the center to let the float through. any child in the general front area can be pulled up into the staging area to dance, bang pots, and have a fantastic time with HSM characters. My daughter still talks about dancing with them.

I haven't posted anything about HSM because, as a newbie, I know nothing of it. BUT, I thought that would be a temporary show, and I didn't know if it would still be going on. I will post info in the main post if Ican get something solid.

Thanks

I appreciate anything you can find out. My DGD(7) is so into HSM and she found out some info on Disney.go and she wanted me to find out anything about it. We are going to WDW in one week so I would appreciate any info you find.:):banana::dance3:

I appreciate anything you can find out. My DGD(7) is so into HSM and she found out some info on Disney.go and she wanted me to find out anything about it. We are going to WDW in one week so I would appreciate any info you find.:):banana::dance3:

when u get there check the pamphlet for show times and make it to the area a little early, make sure to have your camera ready to film the fun she has!

Just Checking In

Going to start with some updates.

Robo had a great pic of the Fantasmic! Seating Area that I've got to post

A the MuppetVision show, if you have time, look under the mat in front of the box office (right side as you enter) and you wil find the key.

A question about LMA. Has the loading changed? When we were there, we entered at the bottom of the stadium and walk up to sit down.

Did some major updates

also updated Epcot Thread, link is on main post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter