• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2015!?!

We recently purchased a DVC membership, and we booked our first stay at VGF with the In-Laws 8/25 to 8/29 before our cruise on the fantasy. I know I have read that Pirates of the Caribbean will closed all summer, are there any other rides/attractions that will be closed this August? Also, will the cranes around the castle be gone by then?
The cranes should be gone and I can't think of any other closures at the moment. But I'm sad about Pirates.

We recently purchased a DVC membership, and we booked our first stay at VGF with the In-Laws 8/25 to 8/29 before our cruise on the fantasy. I know I have read that Pirates of the Caribbean will closed all summer, are there any other rides/attractions that will be closed this August? Also, will the cranes around the castle be gone by then?
I found this link after looking into the planned maintenance on the monorail this summer.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm

A Grand Gathering for me and family August 20 -30. 2 rooms at CBR, 1 at POP, and 1 off site for 11 of us. Expecting a great time as long as we all agree that we do not have to spend all our time together.

Am I crazy to start planning a trip for August 2015?

Possibly for the week of August 10th. What is stopping me is worry about the crowd levels.
I would very likely stay at All Star Sports. I have two kids 13 and 10 who love sports. I am not at all concerned about ADRs, but somewhat concerned about FP+ availability, especially as I might not get this plan off the ground by the 60 day mark.

I admit, it's not the cheapest time to go, plus the crowds. But I want to go to WDW this year so bad!

Aug 1 - 8 Pop Century....made the final payment today...all PAID!!!! Woohoo!!!!

:yay:

94 days!!! Started the countdown Jan 1 (230 days) we are getting there!!! Staying at CBR fifth year in a row can't wait:simba::simba:

We are 92 days away! It is starting to get so real:-) We started our count down on the day we had to leave POFQ last August (it was 355 days). We were in the pool, sad to be leaving and talking about when we'd return (we'd booked the BB offer). We figured out 355 days and began counting down. It is finally starting to feel close. We leave exactly 3 months from today!!! Very excited to be returning to POFQ for 2 weeks and 2 nights at BC!
:yay::yay::yay::yay:

We are 92 days away! It is starting to get so real:-) We started our count down on the day we had to leave POFQ last August (it was 355 days). We were in the pool, sad to be leaving and talking about when we'd return (we'd booked the BB offer). We figured out 355 days and began counting down. It is finally starting to feel close. We leave exactly 3 months from today!!! Very excited to be returning to POFQ for 2 weeks and 2 nights at BC!
:yay::yay::yay::yay:
Yay!! Have a magical trip!!

Aug 1-9 here! Just added another night today. I am booked at WL, but am I crazy for contemplating changing to ASMu? I have been looking at the Callypso section photos and I had a serious case of nostalgia happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter