August 2015!?!

Am I crazy to start planning a trip for August 2015?

Possibly for the week of August 10th. What is stopping me is worry about the crowd levels.
I would very likely stay at All Star Sports. I have two kids 13 and 10 who love sports. I am not at all concerned about ADRs, but somewhat concerned about FP+ availability, especially as I might not get this plan off the ground by the 60 day mark.

I admit, it's not the cheapest time to go, plus the crowds. But I want to go to WDW this year so bad!

Totally not crazy, if you have not started yet you can still get in on the fun. Crowds will be high but a crowded WDW is better then staying home.

Goose

I have a party of 10 heading for All Star Sports on 8/14/15 through 8/23/15. My party includes my great niece who is 7 and her brother who will be celebrating his 5th birthday at Chef Mickeys. The best part is they have no idea we are going. Their parents are surprising them the morning we leave. We have another character breakfast at Hollywood and Dine. Then a lunch at Be Our Guest and a late lunch or just snack at Beaches and Cream. We also have an 11 year old and a 17 year old besides the adults. It will be a lot of fun showing the kids the parks for the 1st time.

We have a HUUUGE group going this August.

We're going to be @ BWV from 8/15-26th then HHR to follow for 2 nights.

During the 1st part of this trip there will be 5 families including us checking in on the 15th -22th .
And also mid trip the inlaws will be checking in on the 19th thru-26th.

So, all in all at the middle of the vacation there will be 27 of us....4 families at BWI/V , 1 @ Swan, & 1 at PoP.party: Can't wait. But like DisneyFreak06 said earlier, I don't want to Wish the summer away Either...

Either way...I'll see everyone down there.:wave2:

We have a HUUUGE group going this August.

We're going to be @ BWV from 8/15-26th then HHR to follow for 2 nights.

During the 1st part of this trip there will be 5 families including us checking in on the 15th -22th .
And also mid trip the inlaws will be checking in on the 19th thru-26th.

So, all in all at the middle of the vacation there will be 27 of us....4 families at BWI/V , 1 @ Swan, & 1 at PoP.party: Can't wait. But like DisneyFreak06 said earlier, I don't want to Wish the summer away Either...

Either way...I'll see everyone down there.:wave2:

Don't forget KEVIN! (If you have seen Home Alone). lol

Driving again this year....This will be our 3rd time from NJ... roughly 18 hours.

I was hoping to make it a nice spread out trip, which so far it appears on track.

We'll be driving down on Fri. Aug 14th ( after work ) & arriving around noon on Sat. at VB. Staying until the 18th, then driving the short 1hr 45 min ride to the BWV until the 26th, then driving back up to Disneys HH for a 2 night stop, & hopefully 1 more stop in Williamsburg somewhere, to totally break up the drive coming home, ( which is always hard, & Depressing:sad: ) lol

See everyone down there...pixiedust:
We are leaving from Sussex County, NJ. Leaving at 6pm and hoping to be there by noon the next day. The drive is relaxing once we get thru DC.

We are leaving from Sussex County, NJ. Leaving at 6pm and hoping to be there by noon the next day. The drive is relaxing once we get thru DC.

We've done this drive, but left at 4:30.p.m. *( Right after work ) & got there around 11:30 or so. But made many stops, because the kids were younger and needed more pitstops before bedtime.

It got squirrely between those 1:00 am -5:00 am hours for sure.....

This time I have more vacation time, we're leaving around 2:30 a.m., so we'll be stopping hopefully in S.C. or Ga. for 1st night. The only difference now is we're going straight to BWV on the 15th thru 26th.

We've done this drive, but left at 4:30.p.m. *( Right after work ) & got there around 11:30 or so. But made many stops, because the kids were younger and needed more pitstops before bedtime.

It got squirrely between those 1:00 am -5:00 am hours for sure.....

This time I have more vacation time, we're leaving around 2:30 a.m., so we'll be stopping hopefully in S.C. or Ga. for 1st night. The only difference now is we're going straight to BWV on the 15th thru 26th.

do you drive thru PA to get to I 95 or do you get on it in NJ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter