August 2012 Car Rental Thread

We'll be needing an intermediate for Aug. 16-25. Intermediate should be good for family of 4 with luggage, right?! Checked National with no code and was still high.

We'll be needing an intermediate for Aug. 16-25. Intermediate should be good for family of 4 with luggage, right?! Checked National with no code and was still high.

I would think so if you don't have too much luggage.
Once rates start to fluctuate keep your eye on them. Some days when I checked for our May trip Vans were cheaper than compacts, or full-size was cheaper than standard. It pays to watch closely every day.

Budget BCD code D464700 gave me an ok rate on a friday-monday economy rental from O'hare in August 24-27. (about equal to Advantage's everyday rate, but their shuttle pick-up location is so inconvient) $167.60 plus taxes/fees. I found the code on retailmenot dot com. 128 comments is usually a good sign that it's a pretty decent code. I'll of course keep looking until I get ready to leave, but it's a start... :rotfl2:

I used X474200 on Budget for Aug 17-24 and got $225 before taxes for a minivan. Thank you Carina!:thumbsup2

I am looking for a rental out of LAX for Aug 25-Sept 4th. Best rate I can get right now is through Costco travel for $409 for Intermediate size car. Hoping for a price drop in next few months!

We are going the same dates wolf29! August 18-29th:cool1:

I have August 19-29 now.... an intermediate SUV through Budget for $340.32...booked Dec 2011. It looked pretty good at the time.

Now we are flying in a day earlier and the rates are :scared1:

Hope they drop!

I just need a 2 night rental - 24th - 26th. So far $112 is the cheapest I have found. We want to use the Car Care Center..so we are tied into Alamo/National.

Anyone find anything cheaper?

I just need a 2 night rental - 24th - 26th. So far $112 is the cheapest I have found. We want to use the Car Care Center..so we are tied into Alamo/National.

Anyone find anything cheaper?

OT: Just wanted to say hello from MN (North St Paul) :) We also need a car for just 2 days & the rates are still outrageous!!! Keeping my fingers crossed they will drop soon.....

A couple days ago I booked Aug 20 to Aug 25 for $145 mid size Thrifty. This sounded like a good rate.:surfweb: Oh it's from SNA. Other posters rates seem quite a bit higher, what gives?:confused3

I had a 10 day rate with Alamo in April for $114 for a mid-side. Best I've been able to do for a 10 day trip Aug 24 - Sept 3 is $220. That's using the AMX rate through Advantage.

Joining the thread! Our dates are from Aug 25-Sept 3. Hoping to get some great rates like last year. :goodvibes

I always rent from Alamo and with BJ's $40off coupon and insider member discount, midsize for 10 days is $202. It's not bad but not the greatest.

Last year, I really lucked out and had premium for 7 days for $85.

I am trying to improve my rate for mid July. But Using BJ discount will not let me use from insider discount. Am I doing somethng wrong:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter