August 2012 Car Rental Thread

buffettgirl

The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet.
I haven't seen one - can we start one? I know it's a bit early but if anyone finds anything, will they please post it? Thanks!

Best rates I'm finding right now are Alamo: base is $366 on a midsize
I use AMEX code 7014291 ($54.90 off) and coupon AD2359FDF ($35 off)

276.10 for 6 days (before tax ). (aug 21 - 27)

I have a full sized car booked through Expedia.ca.

Dates are August 26th to September 2 (Sunday-Sunday).

Our rental through Budget (which includes unlimited mileage, all taxes and fees, and a free spousal driver) totalled $142. :drive:

We snagged a compact car for our January trip for $69 taxes included (one week rental) with my Alamo Insiders membership ten days before our departure, so we are still holding out hope that we might get a better deal a little closer to our travel date. If not, I am totally okay with what we have.

Looking forward to hanging out with y'all for the next few months! We had snow today :sick: so the prospect of a summer week in Orlando is what keeps us from going crazy until Mother Nature wisens up.

We got a standard size SUV thru Alamo using a BJ's wholesale club coupon/discount code: $271.40, 8 days starting Aug 11th...includes taxes, fees, extra driver & unlimited mileage.

We got a standard size SUV thru Alamo using a BJ's wholesale club coupon/discount code: $271.40, 8 days starting Aug 11th...includes taxes, fees, extra driver & unlimited mileage.

Hello ... May I inquire as to when you booked this? I also have a ressie thru Alamo, using the BJ's ID and and E-Coupon that I found for $35.00 off of a weekly rental. My dates are 8/9 pick-up, 8/16 drop off and the rate I got was $301.46 for a fullsize car icluding taxes, fees, unlimited miles, and an additional driver.

I'm crossing fingers that the rates will go down as August gets closer.

Can someone post the coupon codes that are in the 2012 entertainment books for National please.

i am looking for the codes for..free upgrade, free weekend day and $$ off rental.

We are debating on buying a book but if the codes work out, then it will be a benefit to buy the book.

Im too cheap to spend the $20 to buy a book BEFORE I can see if it will benefit us for our August trip..but i will go and spend $220 a night at YC/BC in August. Go figure. :rotfl2:

Thanks all

Hello ... May I inquire as to when you booked this? I also have a ressie thru Alamo, using the BJ's ID and and E-Coupon that I found for $35.00 off of a weekly rental. My dates are 8/9 pick-up, 8/16 drop off and the rate I got was $301.46 for a fullsize car icluding taxes, fees, unlimited miles, and an additional driver.

I'm crossing fingers that the rates will go down as August gets closer.

We booked this back in late February and our dates are from 8/11-8/18. The coupon is for $25 off (3 day minimum) good for a convertible, minivan or SUV. I just tried checking again and it's still coming out at $271.40 for the week we're going.

the best rate I can get for my weeks for an SUV is 287 and that is BEFORE taxes. (with a 35 coupon and amex discount.

We booked this back in late February and our dates are from 8/11-8/18. The coupon is for $25 off (3 day minimum) good for a convertible, minivan or SUV. I just tried checking again and it's still coming out at $271.40 for the week we're going.

Are you flying into Orlando and picking up/dropping off your rental there? When I plugged in your dates with my BJ's code and $35 extra dollars off with an E-coupon, I saw closer to $400 for an SUV. I'm just wondering if you may want to try the $35 code with your rental and perhaps take another $10 off ?

I must be doing something wrong because my dates are similar to yours and the prices that I am seeing are higher. Maybe they went up? IDK but I have been checking prices pretty much daily from January and they seem to only be going up, so far.

Are you flying into Orlando and picking up/dropping off your rental there? When I plugged in your dates with my BJ's code and $35 extra dollars off with an E-coupon, I saw closer to $400 for an SUV. I'm just wondering if you may want to try the $35 code with your rental and perhaps take another $10 off ?

I must be doing something wrong because my dates are similar to yours and the prices that I am seeing are higher. Maybe they went up? IDK but I have been checking prices pretty much daily from January and they seem to only be going up, so far.

We are flying into MCO, taking the Magical Express to our resort then picking up our rental at the Dolphin...maybe that's the difference? When I went on the BJ's site today & repriced it out, it was still $271.40....have to be honest though, I didn't see a $35 off coupon...where was that listed? I just double-checked again & the only higher coupon listed is a $40 off but that's for a 10 day rental

We are flying into MCO, taking the Magical Express to our resort then picking up our rental at the Dolphin...maybe that's the difference? When I went on the BJ's site today & repriced it out, it was still $271.40....have to be honest though, I didn't see a $35 off coupon...where was that listed? I just double-checked again & the only higher coupon listed is a $40 off but that's for a 10 day rental

Hmmm, yes, picking up and dropping off at a different place can make a difference in price it seems. We are picking up in Daytona, but dropping off in Orlando. Even though we will be in FL for 9 days, we are renting a vehicle for only 7 (1 week) because I priced the 2 extra days and the amount went way up. Perhaps if prices drop considerably, I will be able to add the two days and pick up the car/SUV in Orlando, and not have to make a special trip to Daytona. If I use the BJ's code and the $25 off code with my dates and times, my total for a weekly rental of a SUV is $387.02. :scared1:

Anyhow - The E-coupon that I used was not from the BJ's site. I found it online. It is AD2359FDF and it takes $35 off of the total, before taxes I think.

Can someone post the coupon codes that are in the 2012 entertainment books for National please.

i am looking for the codes for..free upgrade, free weekend day and $$ off rental.

We are debating on buying a book but if the codes work out, then it will be a benefit to buy the book.

Im too cheap to spend the $20 to buy a book BEFORE I can see if it will benefit us for our August trip..but i will go and spend $220 a night at YC/BC in August. Go figure. :rotfl2:

Thanks all

BUEHLER...BUEHLER....BUEHLER....BUEHLER...

Anyone have an entainment book ?

I'm watching and waiting but I haven't booked anything.

We are doing a split Universal/Disney stay and I will only rent a car if the cost is comparable to car service+taxis to where we need to go over the entire trip (including taxis to resort dining reservations). I know that there will be a charge for parking at Universal as well (2 nights).

There are pluses and minus to doing either one in my case as I'm traveling with my elderly grandmother and an 8 year old.

Right now without any codes, I'm close to $500 after taxes- not worth it!

I have odd flight times, so I'm more or less renting so that we have a car on our first and last days only, but if it comes out less than car service (since we're not eligible for ME at SOG) then I"ll rent. But I'm sure if we have it we'll use it.

Currently have a minivan reserved through Travelocity/Budget using BCD x474200 for $287 all-in, plus an additional $25 off at drop-off with MUWZ023. We are spending a few days on-site before moving to a condo, so we will have the off-site agency pick us up and then return at the airport.

Still hoping for a better rate, but not really expecting it to drop. Dates are 8/11-8/18. You can book it directly from Budget, but there was some chatter about it being a Travelocity code, so I booked it through that site. Called the location and verified everything was kosher; even though Travelocity doesn't mention the coupon code and the Budget site says the off-airport location won't accept the coupon, the agent at the site says all is good to go :)

I'm hoping prices drop. I see a lot of good june rates coming out just now (from the June thread), so I think we'll probably see something good come June/july.

Currently have a minivan reserved through Travelocity/Budget using BCD x474200 for $287 all-in, plus an additional $25 off at drop-off with MUWZ023. We are spending a few days on-site before moving to a condo, so we will have the off-site agency pick us up and then return at the airport.

Still hoping for a better rate, but not really expecting it to drop. Dates are 8/11-8/18. You can book it directly from Budget, but there was some chatter about it being a Travelocity code, so I booked it through that site. Called the location and verified everything was kosher; even though Travelocity doesn't mention the coupon code and the Budget site says the off-airport location won't accept the coupon, the agent at the site says all is good to go :)

Where did you find this code? I just tried it and it took $50 off my rental for 8 days and gave me a full size SUV instead of an intermediate SUV ! Do i need to show anything when i get there if i use this? Looks like a great deal , bit with the same code the intermediate one i had booked would have been $200 more ! Wonder if it is a coupon for certain types of cars.

Bumping this up...
I will be looking for a standard or larger from August 23 or 24th (not sure yet) to September 3rd.

We just returned on Monday. Prices started out high just like this and we eventually got down to just over 200 for van for 10 days. From all of my watching since February, it's still too soon for the big deals. But keep watching!

Right now I don't see anything decent at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter