• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2012 Car Rental Thread

Right now I also have a mini-van for Aug 17-28 thru Budge with the same codes. The total price is $527. Hoping to go lower!

We currently have a "premium" rental (Convertable Mustang -- woot) for $537 for a week (aug 25-sept 2) all in -- if i can get that down a bit i would be happy..

Where did you find this code? I just tried it and it took $50 off my rental for 8 days and gave me a full size SUV instead of an intermediate SUV ! Do i need to show anything when i get there if i use this? Looks like a great deal , bit with the same code the intermediate one i had booked would have been $200 more ! Wonder if it is a coupon for certain types of cars.

It's a Travelocity code; I got it from another thread here. Others from the dis have called Budget and been told they need nothing special at pick-up; many have also already rented with no issues.

The National/KLM code is pretty good, too. Use corporate ID 8572130 after you sign up for KLM's free FF program and National's free frequent renter program and select miles for your rewards preference.

The National/KLM code is pretty good, too. Use corporate ID 8572130 after you sign up for KLM's free FF program and National's free frequent renter program and select miles for your rewards preference.

There was no spot for "corporate ID" so I put it in "contract ID" and it gave me a crazy low rate (for what we are seeing now)- $228 including taxes for an economy car 8/25-9/3. Did I put it in the wrong spot? (How do you sign up for that stuff?)

From the June/July threads I'm assuming that I will be able to get it even lower in the next few weeks though.

There was no spot for "corporate ID" so I put it in "contract ID" and it gave me a crazy low rate (for what we are seeing now)- $228 including taxes for an economy car 8/25-9/3. Did I put it in the wrong spot? (How do you sign up for that stuff?)

From the June/July threads I'm assuming that I will be able to get it even lower in the next few weeks though.

Contract ID is correct. I fanatically price my rentals and get each company's terminology mixed up ;)

You sign up for the KLM program on KLM airlines' website. I think it's called "Flying Blue," and it's free. They will send you an email confirming that you signed up but it's in French, so make a note of your number before you leave the page.

Then go to National's website (www.nationalcar.com) and click the link to sign up for Emerald Club. It will ask for your rental preferences, the cc you want to keep on file, and your rewards preferences. You can choose any airline with which to earn miles, but you need to have your KLM number saved in your profile to get the rate at pick-up.

You can stack the KLM code with any coupons National has out that apply to your rental, just enter the one you want to use in the coupon box.

It does take a minute to set it all up, but it was cheaper than any other rate and had all the insurance included. Also, National only charges actual tolls and a max of $6/rental service charge for using their toll pass, so it turns out to be a really good deal.

Signed up my business thro the "receive email, save money" tab and recieved 10% off.
rental for a small car 8/23-9/1 came to $270 total. Meduim size is $280 :goodvibes

I had a car rented through Budget for $201.00 for a full size car from 08/10/2012-08/18/2012. I checked www.carrentalsavers.com and was able to get the car through Dollar for $165 for Enterprise for $171.00. Check your dates and see if prices went down.

Rates are still ridiculous for my dates (8/23 to 9/3). I am trying to remember when they started to come down for our May trip. I am thinking it was February or March when I saw some movement. So if the same formula applies hopefully things start to move a bit soon. I'm still looking at more than 500.. which I would never pay.
200 is my bottom line. We need a standard size or larger.

same for me (3rd week). I've never rented in years (we usually just hire a car to take us to SOG) but I figured it would save some aggravation as we have a very early flight IN and a very late flight out. Being able to just drive ourselves would allow us to manage our time better and give us some flexibility in leaving the hotel on the last day.

We're going Aug 18-29, same dates every year. Usually pay in the $18 per day range through Priceline for a mid-size. Think it's usually mid-July before we start seeing great deals. Hoping and expecting to pay similar this year.

The same rental I have at $143 taxes included (fullsize with Budget via Expedia.ca) is at $542 today :scared1: .

Maybe this is the big swing UP in price before the rates start to fall?

We got a standard size SUV thru Alamo using a BJ's wholesale club coupon/discount code: $271.40, 8 days starting Aug 11th...includes taxes, fees, extra driver & unlimited mileage.

Just wanted to send along an update: We extended our trip and are now renting from 8/11-8/20. Using our Alamo insiders and a $35 coupon I found on Car Rental Savers, we are getting a standard SUV for $345.90 :). That same rental jumped to over $578, literally the day after I booked and is still that price today.

I'm going Augst 4-14. I really only need the car from the 4th through the 7th (we're doing US/IOA). Right now I have a convertible booked for those days, picking up at MCO and dropping off at the Dolphin for $200. Booked at Alamo through the VISA site which gave me 20% off plus a $15 off coupon.

Rates for my dates have come down a few hundred. Still at 300 for a 10 day rental for a Standard size car.
I am not ready to book at that price. My bottom line is still 200 and I am pretty confident I will see it at some point.
If not, I'll book the car to be picked up the night we get in, take it to Universal for those 3 days and drive it back over to the airport and use Magical Express to head to Disney.

I really liked having a van the whole trip in May but I only paid 200 for a van so I can't justify paying 100 more for a car.

I'm exhausted with checking rates, but I just refuse to believe this is as good as it gets. The same reservation I have for $277 all-in with National is now quoting a base rate of $464 :scared: I'm not sure where they are pulling these prices from, but I am glad to have checked early and am holding a rate that I can at least live with if I have to.

Next best deal going is the Travelocity/Budget code. $225 base rate on a minivan for 7 days. Hopefully that one doesn't disappear like the KLM/National one did

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter