April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Wonder to Hawaii- who is with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone who has already sent in their lanyard information. So far I have 89 people on the lanyard list----but I am certain that will grow over time (on the WBTA last year we did just under 300!!).

Now that I've started to go through the emails people are sending to register for lanyards, I have gotten my spreadsheet up and running. If you would like to take a look at the current list, click HERE
Note: This is a google spreadsheet that you will be able to open from the web without signing in or anything---you will NOT be able to make changes, additions, or edits to the sheet (sorry---I'm a control freak! :lmao:) but if you see that you are missing or there is an error or a change, just shoot me an email to the lanyard email address and I'll get it all squared away!

Reminder----the lanyard email address is dcl.hawaii.lanyards@gmail.com ....so keep that information coming!

I got a copy of Oriental Trader today and there are some Hibiscus Flower hair clip ons. They are on sale for $2.99 a Dozen. I remember someone saying that for the Champagne Girls it might be flowers and boas. I think Mandy and Deb are in charge of the CG. This might be something for them to look into. The catalogue #BU-34/1526.

I'll mosey over to facebook and alert Deb to this! Thanks.

Laundry: I do some on the ship, mostly because I want to pack light, so for the longer cruises I may do a load or two. I do use DCL's pressing service though....no ironing in those tiny laundry rooms for me!

We will also be doing laundry on the ship. As much as I don't like the idea of having to do laundry, we will be away for 18 days, and well...I don't have 18 outfits, nor do I want to pay the airlines for so many bags! We are on a budget as well, and I'd like to save money on the bags to spend in other areas!

Hey folks...another thought, too.....I am NOT on facebook. (For a variety of personal & political reasons I've opted just not to create an account or use that site at all)....but I know that lots of others are...and I think I even heard there might be a facebook group for this cruise, right? If so....and there are DISers who maybe utilize that site more than here....make sure they know how to get lanyards for the trip! :thumbsup2

I received a reply to my email to DCL. It was not a form reply. Apparently the girl was the same one that answered me. before as she noted some things in her response. Again she assured me that the pin situation and the lack of attention the Wonder got on the PC would be addressed by the appropriate departments. Hopefully we will see some improvements.

Everyone has such great expectations and plans for the upcoming Hawaiian cruise. So much to do, so much to see. The distinct beauty of each island not to mention that my sister and brother-in-law live in Kauai and my two nieces in Honolulu. However, I am SO looking forward to hitting my favorite Saimin noodle shop on Kauai and don’t get me started on the Spam Musubi.

Everyone has such great expectations and plans for the upcoming Hawaiian cruise. So much to do, so much to see. The distinct beauty of each island not to mention that my sister and brother-in-law live in Kauai and my two nieces in Honolulu. However, I am SO looking forward to hitting my favorite Saimin noodle shop on Kauai and don’t get me started on the Spam Musubi.

So, what's Saimin??

Never mind...I looked it up:
Saimin is a noodle soup dish unique to Hawaii. Inspired by Japanese udon, Chinese mein, and Filipino pancit, saimin was developed during Hawaii's plantation era. It is a soup dish of soft wheat egg noodles served in hot dashi garnished with green onions. Kamaboko, Char siu, sliced Spam, linguiça, and nori may be added, among other additions.

Sounds good to me!! Esp the Linguica :)

I ended up doing laundry 1 day on the Alaska cruise (I had left somethings at home)...I had no problems with the washer or dryer. I don't remember what day this was.

Erik & Jason....I will be emailing you my information for the lanyards as soon as a traveling companion decides if she wants her own DIS name or if she wants to be lumped in w/ me. Spreadsheet looks great!

I ended up doing laundry 1 day on the Alaska cruise (I had left somethings at home)...I had no problems with the washer or dryer. I don't remember what day this was.

Erik & Jason....I will be emailing you my information for the lanyards as soon as a traveling companion decides if she wants her own DIS name or if she wants to be lumped in w/ me. Spreadsheet looks great!

Thanks! I should have mentioned in a previous post that if you go through the list you'll see some people whose "name" is "XXXX"-----those are individuals who don't yet know exactly who will be traveling with them....and that's fine! Nobody should feel like you have to have all your party's details squared away before you register. If you know you're going to be a group of 4 but you don't yet know who the other 3 are yet, send me the info anyway and I'll put in those "XXXX" placeholder lines for you....it's just a good way for me to get an accurate headcount.....and if your party changes over time (you add people, drop people, or switch people, etc.) then that is fine, too...just send that information along as well. I'm totally fine with that spreadsheet being a "living document" and staying pretty organic until the cutoff date (I will probably cut the list off for good at about 60 days out from the cruise so I have time to order the lanyards, print the badges, get it all delivered, etc.).

I don't mind doing laundry. We tend to stay up late we work 3-11. On the canal cruise we had no problem doing it. We pack the Purex sheets every vacation. Plus we have the fold down hamper too. We just stick that in the closet.

For those that did the Alaska cruise how was the pin issue? Any problem getting them?

They put a piece of paper 1 night on our beds....it told us where/when to show up to get the wristbands in order to be able to get the pins. If you had a wristband, then you got the pins.

The piece of paper had a picture of each pin too.

Disney inspired eye makeup.

aladdin-eye-makeup-590kk.jpg

ALADDIN

lion-king-eye-makeup-590kk.jpg

LION KING

tangled-lantern-eye-makeup-590kk.jpg

TANGLED

alice-in-wonderland-eye-makeup-590kk.jpg

ALICE AND WONDERLAND

nightmare-before-christmas-eye-makeup-590kk.jpg

NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS

snow-white-eye-makeup-590kk.jpg

SNOW WHITE

does anyone have the cruise logo (jordaks) image saved to a photobucket or flickr acct etc?....when i copy it from the thread the resolution is too low....if you can provide link i would be grateful :)

also saw last week that oriental trading has lots of fun hawaiin stuff, as well as local party city stores, and dollar tree right now..

dcl has one room available right now and honolulu is back on they're day by day schedule, must have lit a fire under those IT guys...

thanks to the lanyard organizers/lanyard teams!

ALADDIN

LION KING

TANGLED

ALICE AND WONDERLAND

SNOW WHITE

They are cute, but you would keep walking into things as you would have to keep your eyes shut!!!

does anyone have the cruise logo (jordaks) image saved to a photobucket or flickr acct etc?....when i copy it from the thread the resolution is too low....if you can provide link i would be grateful :)

also saw last week that oriental trading has lots of fun hawaiin stuff, as well as local party city stores, and dollar tree right now..

dcl has one room available right now and honolulu is back on they're day by day schedule, must have lit a fire under those IT guys...

thanks to the lanyard organizers/lanyard teams!

Try this link and the image should be one of the first. I think you'll find it is 300 dpi
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee285/jordak67/disney magnets/Disney blank plates/

For those that did the Alaska cruise how was the pin issue? Any problem getting them?

The pin issue on the repo and Alaska cruise were a non-issue actually. As someone else pointed out already, we got an announcement in our rooms letting us know that they would be distributing wristbands to passengers and when and where to get them. In the letter in our rooms they indicated that there was a limit of 500 wristbands total. It was one wristband per passenger (NOT per cabin) and each wristband entitled the bearer to purchase two of each pin available. Sale of the actual pins then started at noon on that same day and you could go to the gift shop and purchase your pins (and turn over your wristband when you did so). They had a cutoff date by which you had to use your wristband to get your pins that was about 3 days later---so you had plenty of time to get them. After that cutoff what they did was make whatever stock was left of the pins available to folks who wanted additional pins or who did not have a wristband to begin with.

As you can imagine, there was quite a line on the morning of wristband distribution....but the line moved pretty smoothly and quickly. There were some people who got in line in their pajamas in the wee hours of the morning----but I have to be honest....I do not think that was necessary. I think those people did that because they wanted to and that was part of their overall experience.....because my understanding is that for BOTH the repo and the Alaska cruises, they did not even distribute all the wristbands (although I may be wrong) and that it ended up being that everyone who wanted a pin got a pin.

For my and Jason's part, we thought the process worked well and we got our pins without a lot of extraneous work or headache. This is just my two cents....but I have to be honest that I think part of the problem that DCL has with the pin distribution sometimes is that our fellow cruisers are discourteous about the pin process (i.e. rude behavior in lines, excessive impatience, trying to hoard unnecessarily large volumes of pins so they can sell them on ebay, etc.). Our experience on the Alaska cruise and repo was much calmer, more civil and well organized----and maybe I'm wrong, but I think it resulted in a lot fewer disappointed or upset customers, as well.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We will also be doing laundry on the ship. As much as I don't like the idea of having to do laundry, we will be away for 18 days, and well...I don't have 18 outfits, nor do I want to pay the airlines for so many bags! We are on a budget as well, and I'd like to save money on the bags to spend in other areas!

Sometimes we go to WDW for three weeks at a time and I've never had to laundry, but four weeks and a family of five....whole different story! :goodvibes I'm thinking the cruise will be the best time to do a load or two since we have so many days at sea.

They put a piece of paper 1 night on our beds....it told us where/when to show up to get the wristbands in order to be able to get the pins. If you had a wristband, then you got the pins.

The piece of paper had a picture of each pin too.

That sounds a lot better. Still, I heard there were some other merchandize issues with those on early dinner missing out on the special merchandize?

ALADDIN

LION KING

TANGLED

ALICE AND WONDERLAND

SNOW WHITE

I so love this eye make up, but it is so impractical.

Corinna

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter