Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

The discussion of whether or not FP+'s are a good idea is really not the topic of this thread. This thread is for the discussion of FP+ and Magic Bands for people who are checking into WDW resorts in the month of November.

There have been lots of discussion threads about the value of FP+. In fact, there is a new one here which might draw a bigger audience than a November thread will:

Is there a reason fp+ needs to be limited?

I'm one of the people who is hoping that MB's and FP+'s are available for our stay at WL in November. I'm hoping that good news comes out this week. :goodvibes

Thank you, very well said ::yes::

See... I think November is a perfect test month for this stuff.

Why? There will be very few rides per park with over a 20 minute wait, and we experienced people (and people researching) know what they are. Planning on going to Epcot? Get FP+s for Soarin' and Test Track, and you'll rarely find anything else with a 20 minute wait.

I can understand people griping over the summer if they're limited to 3 FPs/day; that would be a major change to a plan. But, November? You may lose a half hour at most. I think we all can handle that.

Anyway, back on topic. My 60 days is on Saturday, but I don't expect to see anything change until the November announcement is made. One of my co-workers booked a January trip last week and was told that the full rollout announcement would be "in a few weeks". Lines up nicely with a late September announcement, so we'll see what happens.

I just read what seemed to be some promising news on another thread. From MickeyMinnie1971:

" . . . I can make selections up until Nov. 7 even though my trip ends on Oct. 27th. Every day it opens up an additional day that I can make selections that is up to 60 days in advance."

I was under the impression that the FP+ window was *not* still rolling out; that it had halted at the beginning of November. Opening up FP+ for November dates is a step in the right direction. Fingers crossed!

Just reporting in.....arriving at the CR on Nov 1 (53 days out today), and still no options for MB's nor FP+'s.....:(

just got off phone with IT to fix one of our problems...she will be calling me back when its done! only on hold for 10 minutes!

I asked her about November arrival's getting MB / FP+ and she said they haven't been told as of yet if they will be released.

let's break out the popcorn:: it could be awhile before we find out!

just got off phone with IT to fix one of our problems...she will be calling me back when its done! only on hold for 10 minutes!

I asked her about November arrival's getting MB / FP+ and she said they haven't been told as of yet if they will be released.

That is not the news I want to hear. :worried:

Has anyone who has a November check in date for a resort that is currently testing been able to order their Magic Bands? I am most interested in people who haven't been to WDW on an earlier trip and haven't received Magic Bands from that earlier trip. I'll refer to them as first timers, people who are hoping to get their first Magic Bands. If people in checking into test resorts aren't getting Magic Bands, then none of us will. :worried:

Fwiw...

We were originally booked Sept 18-24 at AoA. Had received our MBs & made all our FP+ picks. A little over 2 weeks prior to check-in, we had to push the trip back to November. We are now at POR Nov 17-23. I hadn't given much thought since we already had MBs and I thought I read POR was testing so I figured at some point I could make my picks.

Well, I just check MDE and my MBs are "gone" from the linked ticket part and I don't have the option to order new and/or select FP+ times. I can't even see the FP+ screen.

Who knows.

Fwiw...

We were originally booked Sept 18-24 at AoA. Had received our MBs & made all our FP+ picks. A little over 2 weeks prior to check-in, we had to push the trip back to November. We are now at POR Nov 17-23. I hadn't given much thought since we already had MBs and I thought I read POR was testing so I figured at some point I could make my picks.

Well, I just check MDE and my MBs are "gone" from the linked ticket part and I don't have the option to order new and/or select FP+ times. I can't even see the FP+ screen.

Who knows.

I don't think any of the external systems (the ones the public can see) have been pushed to November. I wouldn't be too worried about that yet.

Never received an email, however today when I logged onto mydisneyexperience and clicked the magicband link, there was my invitation to customize my bands for our October 31st check-in :) We are beyond excited!!!! 52 days and counting!!! :hyper::banana:

Never received an email, however today when I logged onto mydisneyexperience and clicked the magicband link, there was my invitation to customize my bands for our October 31st check-in :) We are beyond excited!!!! 52 days and counting!!! :hyper::banana:

Woot woot!!!:cool1: Sooooo excited for you!!!!!:cool1:

Don't hold your breath...I don't know what issues you are having but I initially contacted them on Aug. 26th and they STILL haven't finished fixing our issues with our account/passes etc....

Just wanted you to know and not get disspointed as they told me they'd have it all fixed by Aug. 30th...

Just got off the phone with IT - our conversation was about my bands being shipped (my ressie cancelled because I overnighted a payment and it wasn't applied but anywho....)

Me: I just wanted to make sure my band order is being processed since my reservation was cancelled and reinstated, and that everything is still okay.
Him: Yes ma'am it is. I see the bands being processed right now.
Me: Okay, great. Now, I can use these for other trips after this one as well? (Ghost ressie to get the bands - questionable ethics I know :rolleyes1)
Him: No ma'am, as it is right now you'll get a new set of bands for each resort you check in and out of, and all resorts will be live on the system by October 1st.
Me: Oh....ummmmm, I didn't know this. I thought they were reusable. That seems sort of wasteful.
Him: Well ma'am, they haven't made an official announcement about reusing them, but for now each checkin gets a new set of bands. We may know more after all the resorts are on the system after October 1st.

Sooooo, obviously in true Disney fashion we have no idea how true this is at all, but could be some good news for us November people! :cool1:

Just got off the phone with IT - our conversation was about my bands being shipped (my ressie cancelled because I overnighted a payment and it wasn't applied but anywho....)

Me: I just wanted to make sure my band order is being processed since my reservation was cancelled and reinstated, and that everything is still okay.
Him: Yes ma'am it is. I see the bands being processed right now.
Me: Okay, great. Now, I can use these for other trips after this one as well? (Ghost ressie to get the bands - questionable ethics I know :rolleyes1)
Him: No ma'am, as it is right now you'll get a new set of bands for each resort you check in and out of, and all resorts will be live on the system by October 1st.
Me: Oh....ummmmm, I didn't know this. I thought they were reusable. That seems sort of wasteful.
Him: Well ma'am, they haven't made an official announcement about reusing them, but for now each checkin gets a new set of bands. We may know more after all the resorts are on the system after October 1st.

Sooooo, obviously in true Disney fashion we have no idea how true this is at all, but could be some good news for us November people! :cool1:

Happy happy joy joy :) :) :) fingers crossed!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yes, you will receive a new set of MagicBands with each room reservation.
Yes, they are also reusable. From the MagicBand & Cards FAQ:
Q. Can I reuse my MagicBand or card the next time I visit Walt Disney World Resort?

A. Yes. If you have a MagicBand or card that you like, and it is in working condition, you can continue to use it when you return to Walt Disney World Resort.

MagicBands are currently being tested by a limited number of pre-selected Guests. Due to the nature of the test, we are unable to accommodate requests to participate.

If you have multiple MagicBands or cards, you can manage which ones are active in the MagicBand section of My Profile.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/bands-cards/future-visit-use/

I hope we don't need new bands for each checkin:lmao:

POR 1 night
GFV 3 nights
BWV 1 night (garden/water view on waitlist boardwalk view)
BWV 3 nights (BWV view)

Don't hold your breath...I don't know what issues you are having but I initially contacted them on Aug. 26th and they STILL haven't finished fixing our issues with our account/passes etc....

Just wanted you to know and not get disspointed as they told me they'd have it all fixed by Aug. 30th...

well I've been lucky so far, we where having lots of issues getting our friends kids added, a mix up on resort ressies, etc. and everything has been fixed pretty much the same day...my only remaining issue is getting our Premier AP's added (they have 20 digits instead of 12) and I am still in the queue to be contacted by the special IT dept for that....lady I spoke to today said to keep checking back each week, all of those requests are put in arrival date order and since we don't arrive until 11/23 still have plenty of time!

I for one have had great interaction and responses from the IT dept, even sent a note to guest services in appreciation of one IT lady :goodvibes so not disappointed at all, just staying patient and looking forward to having a wonderful, magical trip with my DD and our great friends whether we get a MB and FP+ or not!

I for one have had great interaction and responses from the IT dept, even sent a note to guest services in appreciation of one IT lady :goodvibes so not disappointed at all, just staying patient and looking forward to having a wonderful, magical trip with my DD and our great friends whether we get a MB and FP+ or not!

I agree with this. The IT CMs couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. I have had to call them twice and, in both cases, they have been nothing but fantastic. My first issue was handled in less than 10 minutes. The second took longer and required being passed to an upper level CM, but it too was completely fixed by the time I got off the phone.

For those that have had great interactions with the IT department, please think about sending a note commending the CM(s) you have dealt with. People are often quick to complain but praise should be given too.

Off to write my note! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter