• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

All I have to say is good riddance and shorter lines for the rest of us.

I go to WDW to be happy and do stuff with my family... Not to be angry and be mad about things I have no control over. Let's all take time to take a chill pill huh?

Look, everyone is entitled to an opinion and there's no doubt a lot of us are somewhat nervous about how and when this is all going to shake out. There's no need for negative, snarky responses like "good riddance". If you don't agree, fine. But being unpleasant to other posters doesn't help anyone. Just my opinion......:goodvibes

Look, everyone is entitled to an opinion and there's no doubt a lot of us are somewhat nervous about how and when this is all going to shake out. There's no need for negative, snarky responses like "good riddance". If you don't agree, fine. But being unpleasant to other posters doesn't help anyone. Just my opinion......:goodvibes

If WDW succeeds in running off repeat visitors because of FP+ while simultaneously managing to keep the snarky, oh-too-happy to accept whatever crumbs WDW offers/"good riddance" crowd, Universal will be packed. But me? When I'm forking over thousands on a vacation, I actually have reasonably high expectations. I love WDW, but it's not.....and I know this comes as a shock to some......The Promised Land.

And if Universal gets crowded due to WDW refugees, I'll still be in good shape with my FOTL privileges.

I was able to select FP+ ride options for our Nov stay. We are arriving on Nov 8th and just staying at POP for the weekend. I did not try to request new MBs since we have already ordered some for our Oct trip. We also have SAPs but they expire the last day of our Oct trip...we will be renewing while we are there since we have to do it in the park (after the RFID conversion).

I'd really like to swap a HS ride option for Fantasmic...but haven't had parade or Fantasmic options for either trip.

I was able to select FP+ ride options for our Nov stay. We are arriving on Nov 8th and just staying at POP for the weekend. I did not try to request new MBs since we have already ordered some for our Oct trip. We also have SAPs but they expire the last day of our Oct trip...we will be renewing while we are there since we have to do it in the park (after the RFID conversion).

I'd really like to swap a HS ride option for Fantasmic...but haven't had parade or Fantasmic options for either trip.

I can only assume your ability to do so in November has something to do with the fact that you also have an October trip. I make this assumption because I just tried and failed (November 3rd arrival at AoA)

Thank you for the info! This seems consistent with what we've been hearing. It seems like once you've been given MB and have tickets linked like APs people have been able to continue to book FP+. Also early november dates seem to be loaded for people with late october check in dates. So far i haven't heard that anyone has been able to book for late november dates though.

Is anyone else getting the option to pick FP+ selections but then having a window pop up saying something like 'We're sorry, you are not within your FP+ selection window'? I was getting something similar before but the pop up was saying an error had occurred and then it was fixed and not letting me see anything to do with FP+ but now it is giving me the FP+ window message. Wishful thinking perhaps but could this be a good sign??? :)

I just wanted to add that we are staying at POFQ which is not currently participating in the test so the FP+ being linked to a reservation for there could be promising!

I have gotten this window. My stay starts Nov. 14 at Fort Wilderness cabins, keeping my fingers crossed! :earsboy:

If WDW succeeds in running off repeat visitors because of FP+ while simultaneously managing to keep the snarky, oh-too-happy to accept whatever crumbs WDW offers/"good riddance" crowd, Universal will be packed. But me? When I'm forking over thousands on a vacation, I actually have reasonably high expectations. I love WDW, but it's not.....and I know this comes as a shock to some......The Promised Land.

And if Universal gets crowded due to WDW refugees, I'll still be in good shape with my FOTL privileges.

:thumbsup2 Let's hope Disney knows what they are doing . . .

Also early november dates seem to be loaded for people with late october check in dates. So far i haven't heard that anyone has been able to book for late november dates though.

My worry is that if FP+ is available for those checking in during late Oct. with stays extending into the first week of Nov.............will there be any slots open for those of us checking in Nov 1st,2nd or 3rd ?

Keep in mind, having not seen the FP+ selection page, I am just assuming they could fill up like ADRs ?

And you continue to make snide comments about those who trust Disney and expect things to work out all right. A real class act.

And you continue to make snide comments about those who trust Disney and expect things to work out all right. A real class act.

Trust Disney all you want. I can enjoy Disney without trusting them blindly. Others can verify from experience that their IT department is awful. Glitches on top of failures on top of screw-ups. FP+ is in the testing stages on a small scale and people are still experiencing a fair amount of problems. They are not ready to take it to full roll out.

And even if I thought FP+ was going to run as smooth as glass, it is a no-brainer that 3 FP a day is inferior to the 6-8 we usually pull. I do not see WDW handing out 6-8 FP a day through FP+. So our family loses with FP+ as soon as it rolls out.

This is the real world. Disney is not Shangri-La. They are selling an experience for a LOT of money. For a lot of money, I expect..... a lot. It does not show a lack of class to express doubt when we have been given plenty of reason to doubt. It is not heresy to criticize a business decision by Disney. When I walk through the gates, I do not take leave of my senses. MY REALITY is that FP+ is shaping up to be something that will diminish our experience at WDW. Being able to get in my room with a bracelet and the few other benefits will NOT outweigh losing the 6-8 FP per day we were used to. For some, maybe FP+ will work to their advantage. But not for me and mine. It is largely to help the powers that be at Disney.

If WDW did FP+ and still let you pull regular FP when it is rolled out, I would likely be fine with that. But pretty much everyone seems to believe the regular FP will be a thing of the past. I liked the old FP system. Go to a park, pull FP if you want and leave them alone if you don't. Pull FP at one park and use them, hop to another park and repeat.

I see precious little about FP+ that enhances a WDW vacation for ME. And I see a lot of negatives. That's just being realistic.

Clearly, some people's Disney loyalty is as thin as cheesecloth.

Are you serious? Disney didn't give birth to me or raise me. Loyalty????? Yes, I love going to WDW, but it is an entertainment/vacation destination WHICH I PAY TO VISIT. They are not my mother ship. They offer a service and people pay for it. Or don't. I am loyal to my friends and family....not an amusement park.

They offer me something and I will pay for it as long as it continues to be as good a time as I expect. If the experience is diminished too much, I'll spend my money elsewhere. There are a lot of places to visit in this world, you know.

Really? Loyalty? I guess that explains where we differ. Although we have been to WDW several times, I believe THEY owe US a good time. I don't owe them......except for the balance on our upcoming trip.

I'll just be happy to be there after 24 hours in planes and airports. People survived before FastPass.

The discussion of whether or not FP+'s are a good idea is really not the topic of this thread. This thread is for the discussion of FP+ and Magic Bands for people who are checking into WDW resorts in the month of November.

There have been lots of discussion threads about the value of FP+. In fact, there is a new one here which might draw a bigger audience than a November thread will:

Is there a reason fp+ needs to be limited?

I'm one of the people who is hoping that MB's and FP+'s are available for our stay at WL in November. I'm hoping that good news comes out this week. :goodvibes

Seems this thread is wandering a little off topic, yikes! :scared1:

Anyway, has anyone had any invites for November stays yet? I read a few pages back someone mentioning IT told them to check on Monday so I dropped in to see if there was any news. I don't see any as yet and I personally have no change on MDE but if anyone does let us all know please!!! :goodvibes

Trust Disney all you want. I can enjoy Disney without trusting them blindly. Others can verify from experience that their IT department is awful. Glitches on top of failures on top of screw-ups. FP+ is in the testing stages on a small scale and people are still experiencing a fair amount of problems. They are not ready to take it to full roll out.

I'm not here to defend Disney or anyone specifically, but just because you have had a bad experience with IT doesn't mean it's IT's fault. Having worked in IT for many years, IT is done what they're told to do. IT doesn't make money, it uses money made by others in the company. If the business comes to IT and says "I want this, do it", they do it no matter how horrible it will be. Even if IT tells the business that it will not work how they want it to work, the business will still tell them to do it. That is how it works in the corporate world when you have to deal with corporate politics. Then they're forced to support it. Most likely, the person you get on the phone in IT hates the fact that they have to support something that doesn't function properly. They can't fix it, and they can't really help you because they have to pass it up the chain to someone that can fix it. I've had this happen many times in my career, and trust me, it sucks for everyone involved.

And even if I thought FP+ was going to run as smooth as glass, it is a no-brainer that 3 FP a day is inferior to the 6-8 we usually pull. I do not see WDW handing out 6-8 FP a day through FP+. So our family loses with FP+ as soon as it rolls out.

According to the FP+ FAQs, you can still pull FP+ for rides you didn't schedule in the park. If that's another 3-5 FP+, that remains to be seen.

As others have said, there are other threads around with the information. I know they have tons of pages of posts, but I'm going to see if I can find some of the answers to my questions, since I have similar questions like you do.

Seems this thread is wandering a little off topic, yikes! :scared1:

Anyway, has anyone had any invites for November stays yet? I read a few pages back someone mentioning IT told them to check on Monday so I dropped in to see if there was any news. I don't see any as yet and I personally have no change on MDE but if anyone does let us all know please!!! :goodvibes

From what someone else said about their October stay, they didn't find out until around the end of August, so they predicted sometime around 9/22 or 9/23.

The discussion of whether or not FP+'s are a good idea is really not the topic of this thread. This thread is for the discussion of FP+ and Magic Bands for people who are checking into WDW resorts in the month of November.

There have been lots of discussion threads about the value of FP+. In fact, there is a new one here which might draw a bigger audience than a November thread will:

Is there a reason fp+ needs to be limited?

Well said. It would be nice if we could stay on topic people. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter