Any guests arriving November 1 to 30 receive FP+ testing invites?

I can't see Disney having full roll out of the FP+ system to all park guests, including off site guests, until 2014. They still haven't rolled out to the rest of the resorts, which is more than half of the total resorts rooms. And I don't think they have replaced the current paper ticket FP machines with RFID enabled ones yet. I would think that they have to replace the FP machines themselves before they can completely switch their FP systems.

So I think that anyone with a trip in 2013 will be able to pull FP's using their KTTW cards, whether or not they have Magic Bands.

I don't believe they are replacing the current FP machines with RFID ones. I'm pretty sure they're going away and the only way to get a FP in the park will be to use the MDE app or a kiosk where you scan your MB and then choose the FP you want.

I hope they would allow you to get both kinds of passes, and I assume they will keep the FP- working for off-site guests, but I don't know how they could. Allowing all resort guests to double dip will cause fast passes to be taken up very quickly. I see them still giving the KTTW card in Nov and Dec if full roll out happens, but it not letting you get FB- too. I would guess they can deactivate that from them or the machine or something.

What would you need the KTTW card for then? Just to get into your room? I'm not sure that would really be worth them handing out the KTTW card, but I guess it is possible that your MB won't work. From what I've read, most of the problems have been with the RFID readers and not the bands themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I am very definitely looking forward to FP+ and MB and of course I hope we can double dip and use the old FP as well. I just find it a bit funny (and ridiculous) that people stress so much about the form all this will take, some even suggesting they would cancel trips over it. As long as YOU the traveler go with the right attitude you WILL have an awesome time regardless of the system.
Personally, the FP+ I am looki g forward to the most is for MSEP. I know when my kids were small one of my daddy duties was to secure our spot. I would sit there for two hours! But every once in a while my kids wold wander by woth their mom and bring me treats and drinks so it was fine and leaves good memories. Like I said....Attitude!

I am sorry, but I have to disagree. I don't think it is all about attitude. I should be happy to wait in a 2+ hour line just because I am at Disney?!?! The problem I have, and most people have with the whole system is we have come to expect a certain type of vacation from Disney. This whole system has flipped that. No one knows what to expect. People are getting nervous, and I for one, don't blame them. Our family has never waited in a line longer than 20 mins because we knew how to work the FP system plus always arrive for RD. This has been the same for whenever we go whether it be June or Dec or Nov (now we haven't gone Xmas week or Easter week). I don't think it will be a problem with this trip, but who knows what will happen after this whole thing goes live with everyone using it. I don't think it is ridiculous for people to ponder cancelling trips. My dollars and time are precious. I won't be spending them on a vacation that I deem not worth it anymore. If in the end, offsiters don't get to book FP+s until the day of and all the TSM FP+s are gone 60 days out, we will go elsewhere. Might sound ridiculous to some, but I don't buy tickets to Disney to sit on a bench. I buy tickets to Disney to ride rides. Now with all of that said, do I really think it will come to that?? No. I think that once this system rolls out fully people will learn it and will be able to use it to its full advantage just like they do with the reg FP right now.

Oh my gosh, I am 64 days away! I am so stalking my MDE this is so crazy. :rotfl2: Every day I log onto the computer and my first two things are check MDE to see if I anything has changed there then I head over here to see what all of you are experiencing. Is this nuts? :hyper: I really wish those of you who are 60 days or less with stays starting in Nov would give us some good news.... anything even a morsel would be nice. :dance3:
Well, hopefully in a few days I will be able to have some news :goodvibes

While I completely agree that FP+ will not determine whether or not we have a great trip I must confess I would be a bit disappointed if for some reason we end up in a window of time where they don't use it and then poof it's up and running after our trip. That would be a bit of a disappointment.

No good news here and I am at 56 Days staying BWI :sad2:

No good news here and I am at 56 Days staying BWI :sad2:

Shucks, we are at BWV, maybe no testing there? I think that is odd and disappointing. You can't even "personalize magic bands" yet? It seems like once I start to get a theory it is blown out of the water :confused:
Disney what are you doing? Inquiring minds want to know :rolleyes: :listen:

Oh my gosh, I am 64 days away! I am so stalking my MDE this is so crazy. :rotfl2: Every day I log onto the computer and my first two things are check MDE to see if I anything has changed there then I head over here to see what all of you are experiencing. Is this nuts? :hyper: I really wish those of you who are 60 days or less with stays starting in Nov would give us some good news.... anything even a morsel would be nice. :dance3:
Well, hopefully in a few days I will be able to have some news :goodvibes.

Right there with you! Although I do try to not check MDE every day. Not working so good.

55 days left and still no change at MDE. But I will, just for you, keep checking and let you know if there is a change!

I've only been casually following this thread so for those of you who are less than 60 days out and still can't customize MBs, why do you suspect that is? Perhaps their resort is not one that is participating at their travel times?

I'll be at the 60 day mark next weekend, staying at CSR. Now I'm concerned! Have there been any educated guesses as to the participating November resorts for testing (assuming they ARE testing in November)??

I've only been casually following this thread so for those of you who are less than 60 days out and still can't customize MBs, why do you suspect that is? Perhaps their resort is not one that is participating at their travel times?

I'll be at the 60 day mark next weekend, staying at CSR. Now I'm concerned! Have there been any educated guesses as to the participating November resorts for testing (assuming they ARE testing in November)??

Rumors for November MBs have ranged to full roll out of all resorts, to no new resorts added. You haven't missed much! :rotfl2: It will only be confirmed, it appears, that your resort is not participating in November testing if by mid-October you are still not able to customize the MBs.

I am sorry, but I have to disagree. I don't think it is all about attitude. I should be happy to wait in a 2+ hour line just because I am at Disney?!?! The problem I have, and most people have with the whole system is we have come to expect a certain type of vacation from Disney. This whole system has flipped that. No one knows what to expect. People are getting nervous, and I for one, don't blame them. Our family has never waited in a line longer than 20 mins because we knew how to work the FP system plus always arrive for RD. This has been the same for whenever we go whether it be June or Dec or Nov (now we haven't gone Xmas week or Easter week). I don't think it will be a problem with this trip, but who knows what will happen after this whole thing goes live with everyone using it. I don't think it is ridiculous for people to ponder cancelling trips. My dollars and time are precious. I won't be spending them on a vacation that I deem not worth it anymore. If in the end, offsiters don't get to book FP+s until the day of and all the TSM FP+s are gone 60 days out, we will go elsewhere. Might sound ridiculous to some, but I don't buy tickets to Disney to sit on a bench. I buy tickets to Disney to ride rides. Now with all of that said, do I really think it will come to that?? No. I think that once this system rolls out fully people will learn it and will be able to use it to its full advantage just like they do with the reg FP right now.

EXACTLY! If we are using vacation time and a lot of money, I want to get at least a similar experience as past trips to WDW. I do not want an inferior one. We go early....usually not rope drop......and can easily pull 6-8 FP a day. We are ride junkies, not waiting-in-line junkies. We go at lower crowd times because we HATE crowds and waiting in lines. I am in no mood to be limited to 3 FP.

Forgive me for not being so grateful that WDW let me in the gates that I happily accept any limitations they place on me. I can't simply pop on a huge pair of rose colored glasses and pretend that 3 FP a day is just as good as 6-8. Sorry, I have math skills.

Again, having been to Universal a few times and discovering how much I LOVED their FOTL privileges for onsite guests, I can say with certainty that WDW is on the verge of losing me (and others like me) who are not entranced by the idea of waiting in line after line after line. If a line is longer than 20 minutes, I am not getting in it.

WDW charges more every day and if they severely limit the number if FP I can pull, what's in it for me? FP+ essentially benefits WDW, and doesn't really do much for the visitor. Geez, unless you showed up in the afternoon, who COULDN'T pull at least 3 FP a day?

Again, simple math says 3 is not as good as 6 to 8. Attitude can't change facts. And being oblivious while walking around singing the Rubbertree Plant song is not my style.

For those panicking - remember that the October rollout didn't happen until August 22 or so. Nothing has been officially announced for November, and it's entirely possible that nothing will be until around the same time this month. While most of us will be within 60 days when that happens, they're probably more concerned with timely getting the MBs out to those people arriving on 11/1. No need to panic.

Those of us that have spoken to CMs specifically about this have heard very promising things. For now, I'd just say hang right, and we'll probably know for sure in about 2 weeks or so.

For those panicking - remember that the October rollout didn't happen until August 22 or so. Nothing has been officially announced for November, and it's entirely possible that nothing will be until around the same time this month. While most of us will be within 60 days when that happens, they're probably more concerned with timely getting the MBs out to those people arriving on 11/1. No need to panic.

Those of us that have spoken to CMs specifically about this have heard very promising things. For now, I'd just say hang right, and we'll probably know for sure in about 2 weeks or so.

We arrive on 11/2. So I hope they decide to be timely about getting me our MBs if the testing is extended at POR :rotfl:

I staying at AoA in Nov. (we were there in August too) they had MB testing in Sept. Does that mean that it will continue into Nov or does that mean just Sept until full roll out?

I called into IT today for a MDE issue and I also asked about MB and FP+ for my Pop stay in November. He said we will definitely get MB's and FP+'s but the system should allow this happen around the 40 day mark prior to arrival.

I staying at AoA in Nov. (we were there in August too) they had MB testing in Sept. Does that mean that it will continue into Nov or does that mean just Sept until full roll out?

If they had it in September, they will have it in October and November too. Disney hasn't stopped MB use at any resort.

I called into IT today for a MDE issue and I also asked about MB and FP+ for my Pop stay in November. He said we will definitely get MB's and FP+'s but the system should allow this happen around the 40 day mark prior to arrival.

More possible evidence of a full rollout by 11/1.

More possible evidence of a full rollout by 11/1.

For currently testing resorts. Still not sure what to expect for those not testing. Do you all think the rest will go live together? Or a staggered approach? Any theories?

We're arriving Nov. 2 also, at BWV, and really hoping to get MBs! When I spoke to a CM the other night about a problem with MDE, I asked about adding testing resorts for November. She claimed that they have no knowledge yet of any plans past October.

I think another group of resorts will be added soon. Maybe this week for end of Oct/nov arrivals. I have no insider info, just from what I have read online and sense of how the system has been operating. I think we will see a third and fourth group of resorts added, and then go live in Jan. With the elimination of reg. Fastpass to follow in spring. Gradual changes are easier for the system to accommodate, as well as, the public.
Just my opinion, could be wrong.:confused3

If they had it in September, they will have it in October and November too. Disney hasn't stopped MB use at any resort.

Thank you! I haven't been following too closely all the tests.

When we were there in Aug. a CM told a lady wearing a MB that she was not supposed to also get FP through the machine. (This was at Buzz) the lady said the resort told her she could double dip. Anyone else hear about CMs restricting the FP machines?

EXACTLY! If we are using vacation time and a lot of money, I want to get at least a similar experience as past trips to WDW. I do not want an inferior one. We go early....usually not rope drop......and can easily pull 6-8 FP a day. We are ride junkies, not waiting-in-line junkies. We go at lower crowd times because we HATE crowds and waiting in lines. I am in no mood to be limited to 3 FP.

Forgive me for not being so grateful that WDW let me in the gates that I happily accept any limitations they place on me. I can't simply pop on a huge pair of rose colored glasses and pretend that 3 FP a day is just as good as 6-8. Sorry, I have math skills.

Again, having been to Universal a few times and discovering how much I LOVED their FOTL privileges for onsite guests, I can say with certainty that WDW is on the verge of losing me (and others like me) who are not entranced by the idea of waiting in line after line after line. If a line is longer than 20 minutes, I am not getting in it.

WDW charges more every day and if they severely limit the number if FP I can pull, what's in it for me? FP+ essentially benefits WDW, and doesn't really do much for the visitor. Geez, unless you showed up in the afternoon, who COULDN'T pull at least 3 FP a day?

Again, simple math says 3 is not as good as 6 to 8. Attitude can't change facts. And being oblivious while walking around singing the Rubbertree Plant song is not my style.

All I have to say is good riddance and shorter lines for the rest of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter