ALOHA! Sept. 2015 PTR! * Updated 11/3 - p. 11*

Wow, theme park view?! I was jealous before at the club level with garden view! :laughing: I hope you can enjoy some time in the room and soak up that fantastic view! :cloud9:

I always tend to spend too much money on food while at Disney - it's a disease. :sad2: :rotfl2: I think any of the steak places would work well - I like both Yachtsman and Le Cellier, and heard nothing but good things about Shulas (check out emmysmommy's dining reports for reviews on all three, in case you've not read Brenda's reports!). I've never eaten at Whispering Canyon Café (at all) or Boma (for dinner) yet, but plan to try both during our next trip! I also loved our meal at Jiko a few years ago. I LOVED breakfast at Kona so I highly recommend that. :thumbsup2

I do adore the California Grill (as you know!). Perhaps you could make an ADR there and just order appetizers and dessert? Or eat at the Contempo Café and go to the California Grill just for dessert? I think even a short time there is worth it for the view and the atmosphere. ;)

Hey Jenny! I'm definitely planning on spending some time around the resort, it sounds amazing! Not only in the theme park view room and the club level lounge, but also the new pool that's almost finished, and TRADER SAM'S, which has just opened. Show me the cocktails please! :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

It sure is a disease! Partly thanks to you, I just booked Kona for breakfast :thumbsup2 and ENTIRELY thanks to you, I've booked California Grill! I think going there just for an appetiser and dessert will be perfect for me, so thanks for the great idea :goodvibes

KATIE!!!! I'm so sorry I'm so late to hear about your trip, but I'm having such a hard time keeping up with the DIS lately, not to mention trying to write a new TR (which is finally coming along, but I need to be a few days ahead before I start posting).
So excited to hear about this upcoming trip to DLP AND WDW. WOW!!!! :goodvibes

ROB!!!!! That's so fine, I've been (unintentionally) neglecting this PTR anyway :sad2: I know, it's sometimes difficult finding the time to write this stuff up. But when I do find the time, I LOVE it :thumbsup2 I'm so glad to have you here!! :goodvibes

I knowwwwwwwwwwww - I really want to! Why don't you just stow me away in your luggage?? That could totes work right? I mean, no one would notice me AT ALL :rolleyes1
I miss WDW so much it's not even funny!

Hahhah, this would be me and you at the airport......

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

There's definitely not much room for activities in there.. :laughing: (Is it weird that I want to quote Stepbrothers every time I speak to you? Like, can I just call you my stepsister or something?!) :thumbsup2

Following!
We stayed at the Poly for the first time this month and loved it! We are going back again in March and May!
We had breakfast at Kona and it was relaxed and yummy. :)

Hey, I'm glad you're here! I'm so glad to hear that you loved the Poly! (I'm sorry I'm a bit late replying) - So it seems like you were there in January, you just got back (maybe?) AND you're going in May!?! That sounds amazing! Do you live nearby or something? I'd love to be able to get out there more frequently, but it's just so far away from us here in England :sad2:
I'm glad you enjoyed Kona, I've booked it for breakfast AND dinner! :thumbsup2

Hooray!!! Theme Park view?! :love: Totally amazing and totally jealous!:worship:

Never been to Shula's but have been to Le Cellier once and Yachtsmans twice and we totally prefer Yachtsman to Le Cellier. You're so right, it's too close together at Le Cellier.

WL - TOTALLY enjoy Artist Point, mainly for their absolutely heavenly portabello mushroom soup. Oh my gosh. Delicious!:cloud9:

AKL - Have visited Jiko two and a half times. Weird I know. :rotfl2: Dinners are amazing, atmosphere is quiet, a bit on the darker side but romantic. And on this trip I went to Sanaa (by myself!) and it was delicous! Totally would go again - by myself or with others:lmao:

Had Sushi at Kona Cafe for the first time and were amazed at how fresh it was.

Thanks my love! I'm soooo excited! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Yeah, I ended up booking the Yachtsman again :thumbsup2 the steakhouses are so expensive, I would kick myself if I booked Shula's / Le Cellier and didn't enjoy it as much as the Yachtsman :sad2:

Ummm.. you've been to Jiko two and a half times..?!?! :confused3:confused3:confused3 :rotfl:

Ahhh as I've said in the update I just posted, I had to choose Boma over Jiko because I'm quite a picky eater, so it'll probably be better for me to be able to try a bunch of different options from the Boma buffet! And as for Artist Point, quite a few people suggested this to me! I've got Whispering Canyon booked provisionally because I'd really like to experience the unique atmosphere there. But I've been looking at Artist Point menu and it looks soooo good. I'm already considering changing my mine :confused3

Yay I have Kona booked! I've actually never tried sushi before! maybe Kona is the place to try it :thumbsup2

Your ADRs look amazing! Don't despair about BOG. When I heard that BOG had started taking ADRs :-)disrocks:) I was determined to try to make a BOG lunch ADR. I was a couple days late and there was nothing to be had. But a couple days later I snagged a reservation. My point is that you shouldn't give up, you'll get a reservation. I definitely don't want to discourage you against WCC but the food is better at Artist Point. I see your reasoning about the experience at WCC but in my opinion the food at AP trumps the experience at WCC. I don't think you could go wrong either way but it seemed like you were open to suggestions.

your ADRs all sound so good--they're making me hungry!

i'm so happy you made a kona ressie for breakfast! we've only been once, but it was so worth it. I think you'll love it!

can't wait to hear about your whispering canyon experience. it sounds so fun! i'd like to try that someday too. not to add to your list or anything, but have you all every done the Hoop De Doo Musical Review? I hear the food is amazing and the atmosphere is super fun.

i'm so excited for you! making ADRs makes a trip seem so real!

First, I feel your pain on booking with a third party followed by battling with them to get things done. I rebooked with Orbitz for our upcoming trip due to MAJOR cost savings. I didn't have a problem adding the reservations to MDE (the six digit number worked for me, plus I got an email from Disney with their 12-digit number in about 24 hours). The real bugger was getting my room requests attached and adding my uncle to a few days of our reservation - that involved about four hours of phone calls (taking into account wait time) between Orbitz and Disney World. :crazy2: :faint: It was obnoxious... but worth it! ::yes::

On a happier note, hooray for your ADRs! :yay: :yay: :yay: The great news about Whispering Canyon Café/Artist Point and Boma/Jiko is that you picked the more difficult to get ADR up front - if you change your mind and want the other restaurant, it shouldn't be tough to get! I love all of your choices! (And I will keep my fingers crossed for your other BOG reservation! ;))

It sure is a disease! Partly thanks to you, I just booked Kona for breakfast :thumbsup2 and ENTIRELY thanks to you, I've booked California Grill! I think going there just for an appetiser and dessert will be perfect for me, so thanks for the great idea :goodvibes

YAY!!! Oh my goodness, that's so sweet of you to mention me! I think you'll really enjoy both of them! We LOVED Kona on our last trip (the macadamia nut pancakes and Kona coffee were AWESOME!)and I'm so stinking excited to eat at the California Grill again! :dance3: I hope my enthusiasm and glowing recommendation match your experience! :goodvibes

Oh Lord Katie I feel your pain. My January trip was booked through Expedia (it was the only way to get a discounted WL room that I needed) and had to do the same thing. Call them to get the Disney confirmation.
I don't know if you've seen The IT Crowd (If you haven't... NETFLIX NOW!!!) but if you have I just keep picturing the phone tech support guy in one of the episodes.
Thankfully, my experience went smoothly.

Good lord I wish we could get offers like 14 day tickets for the price of 7. We can't even get 14 days. Granted most people here wouldn't buy that many days (outside of an Annual Pass ;), but who would ever do that?) so I guess it makes more sense to offer that to the UK where staying longer kinda makes more sense.

I've never seen that Itinerary planner before. Cool! It's weird that seeing something like that would normally be something I might want to hold off on. But in this case... NOT!

Look at all those ADR's. I've done a grand total of... 1. That's ok though because I know you're going to love all that you've chosen... I assume. :rolleyes: I think the choice of Whispering Canyon is a good one. Staying at the Lodge, I at least got to sample some of the atmosphere. Plus you've got a few more ritzy spots like Yachtsman to cover that aspect of dining. I say go for the fun. :rainbow:

:dancer:Okay, so the fact that you have a theme park view is making me insanely excited to see some pictures. I mean, Wishes FROM YOUR ROOM? Get out of here with that! :hyper: Also, your ADRs look fab -- I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on what you've booked after you eat there! We have a plan for our next trip, but can't book ADRs until June so fingers crossed we can get everything as easily as you guys did (though we peons have to make our own ADRs! :rolleyes:). YAY!

I made our ADR's last week, too. I was up at 2:00 am Alaska time, so I could be up for 6:00 on the East coast, and thennnnnn, the computer system wouldn't let me on. Argh!! So then I waited until 3:00, so I could call and spent an hour on the phone with reservations. I didn't mind. The agent was super nice (even if her computer did go down...:sad2:)and I got everything that I wanted. So we are doing:

9/24 Le Cellier
9/95 Via Napoli
9/28 50's Prime Time Cafe
9/29 Ohana for breakfast
9/30 BOG

The rest we are playing by ear (unless I can't stand it and make more reservation before we go! :rotfl2:)

Well, we had a little bit of a change too...we aren't going to be at the Poly anymore.:sad: We decided that with addition of my niece, we needed to save a little $$, so we are spending most of the time at POR and then we will spend four nights at AKL. We will still be at WDW the same dates as you, so I will keep an eye out.:magnify:

I'm starting to think about ADRs as well, the 180 days out is coming up fast!! Via Napoli, Be Our Guest and O'Hana are at the top of the list, and I love the restaurants at AKL, so we'll definitely eat at those when we are staying there.

I've never done any kind of trip report. Maybe I'll get ambitious...or maybe I'll just read yours...:rolleyes1

Aww well those are still two great resorts!! I looove POR. And I haven't been to AKL but I'm sure it will be amazing! YES definitely keep an eye out for us! You should start a PTR then I can memorise your face too! (...haha, that sounded weird.) :laughing:

Did you book your ADRs yet?! You've got some great choices there, I've eaten at Via Napoli, Be Our Guest and Ohana and enjoyed them all! Hope you get/got everything you wanted :goodvibes

(edit: - I've replied to another one of you comments somewhere below!!)

Hey Katie! You are so lucky you will be staying POLY TP view CL! That is awesome!!!! You are really getting the best of the best at Disney- Bc &GF for your past trip and now the POLY! So Cool! :thumbsup2

I love 1900 Park Faire, the character interaction is great! The stepsisters are a riot.
My Grandparents have been to Shula's many times, and absolutely love it! As much as they enjoy Yachtsman's, Shula's wins by a smidge! :) The best steak they have ever had!
Kona is great! They have really good sushi and their bread is heavenly! I am taking my friends there for breakfast this spring. I have never been there for breakfast but have heard such good reviews here on the DIS I have to try it. I hear the Tonga Toast is a must!
WCC is also a really great place to eat! The food is great, and the atmosphere is lots of fun!!

I can't wait to hear more of your plans! Planning a trip to Disney is always so much fun! :goodvibes

Alison!! You're in Disney RIGHT NOW! :cool1: I can't wait to hear about your trip :goodvibes

OMG I know, I can't believe we are staying there!!! I'm SO excited! I may have to be dragged out onto the Magical Express at the end of the trip :rotfl:

Thanks so much for sharing your dining experiences! I booked dinner at 1900 Park Fare for just that reason, the step sisters look like so much fun! Plus, for some reason, I really love a Disney buffet meal :confused3 People complain about the food, but I find it really exciting! :hyper:

As I mentioned in my update, I also booked Kona for breakfast AND dinner! I've never tried sushi before so maybe I'll give it a go :thumbsup2 I'm interested to hear how you found breakfast too :goodvibes

And yeah I'm excited for Whispering Canyon too! I booked it for the atmosphere, but it's good to hear that you enjoyed the food too. A lot of people suggested Artist Point instead so I'm still a little torn as to whether I should switch it.. I'm very indecisive with my ADRs though, I wouldn't be surprised if I change it :goodvibes

I hope you're having an amazing time!!! :jumping1:

GIIIIIIIIIIRL! Can I just say, you need to post ONE MILLION pictures from your trip on IG/FB while you're there so I can creep them before our trip?? We're going to be in the new DVC section of the Poly from Nov. 30-Dec. 5 and I am like, DELIRIOUSLY excited!!!! :) Like, jumping up and down and doing tiny claps just THINKING about it, excited!! :)

GIIIIIRRRRL!! :rotfl: Of course I will be taking pictures :goodvibes:goodvibes And yes, you should be excited! Especially now that you've successfully avoided the madman that was running around your town today :thumbsup2:laughing: You should definitely write a trip report :thumbsup2

(edit: - I've replied to another one of you comments somewhere below!!)

Joining along! Man! I'm so jealous of your three weeks in Disney! I'm excited to see how the Poly turns out after all of the renovations.

I read through your entire trip report and PTR today and I must say, the both of you are just too adorable for words and hilarious!

Hey, :welcome: !! I'm really excited to see it too, when we visited in September 2014 the place was a complete MESS! I'd have been so annoyed if I had paid all that money to stay there while it was a construction site :sad2: I bet it was worth it though :goodvibes And hopefully the construction on the east pool wont be too disruptive. I think we can avoid it though :goodvibes

Aww I'm so glad you like reading my trip report!! It means so much to me that people are enjoying it! Thanks for the kind words :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

WOW!! That sounds like a great trip. Two disney trips in one month!!! Could life get any better? I submit that it can not. Congrats on the Masters degree as well. That is awesome. I look forward to your PTR and TR's.

I know!?! It's going to be amazing! I'm so so excited. Thanks so much! I really appreciate it :goodvibes:goodvibes

Last edited:
I made our ADR's last week, too. I was up at 2:00 am Alaska time, so I could be up for 6:00 on the East coast, and thennnnnn, the computer system wouldn't let me on. Argh!! So then I waited until 3:00, so I could call and spent an hour on the phone with reservations. I didn't mind. The agent was super nice (even if her computer did go down...:sad2:)and I got everything that I wanted. So we are doing:

9/24 Le Cellier
9/95 Via Napoli
9/28 50's Prime Time Cafe
9/29 Ohana for breakfast
9/30 BOG

The rest we are playing by ear (unless I can't stand it and make more reservation before we go! :rotfl2:)

Sorry I'm a little behind on replying! I replied to your other message asking if you'd made your ADRs yet, then I noticed this comment!
Oh wow, 2am!! That's the opposite problem we have here - 6am on the east coast is 11am here in England! But I guess that's a better deal for you when you're booking fastpasses right? I think they're released at midnight east coast time :thumbsup2 I'll be up at 5am for that! :crazy2:

Well after all your difficulties I'm really glad you got everything you wanted! :goodvibes

Does your Via Napoli reservation mean you'll be spending the evening of 9/25 in Epcot? We're eating at the Yachtsman that night, but plan on taking a walk through International Gateway into World Showcase from there - because that's the first day of Food and Wine! So we want to check it out and maybe get a little dessert each or something :goodvibes:goodvibes

Hi Katie! I've been following your Sept. '14 trip report and saw that you have this one in the works! Wow, this trip sounds amazing!!

As far as restaurants, I really liked Artist's Point - their salmon was SO good! Also, Sanaa at the AKL was one of my favorites. I loved the atmosphere in there, the food was great, and if you go for lunch you can see all of the animals right outside the windows!

Look forward to following along and living vicariously through you and Jamie!! :)

Hey yeah of course, I recognise you from my other trip report! Thanks for stopping by over here! And thank you for sharing your dining experiences :goodvibes I've explained in my last update, but I've booked Whispering Canyon for when we visit the Wilderness Lodge, mostly for the atmosphere. But a lot of you have suggested Artist Point so I've been reading reviews and I'm considering changing! I'm not sure!
Also, I'd love to eat at Sanaa/Jiko in the future, but as i also said in my update, I'm a little bit of a picky eater..! So it probably makes more sense for me to be able to try a few different things from the buffet at Boma. But if I like most of the food at Boma I'm pretty sure I'll be visiting Sanaa/Jiko on a future trip :goodvibes

Aw yay! I'm glad you're here :goodvibes

Yay! :woohoo: :welcome: :goodvibes

the new format really messed with me too and was one of the reasons I've been gone so long! but i'm getting used to it now. i think i'm all caught up. woo hoo on the room change and upgrade! that is so awesome!

Hey Lori! Yeah it certainly took some getting used to. But now I can hardly even remember what the old forum was like :laughing: OMG I know! I'm SO excited! :goodvibes

(edit: I've replied to another one of your comments somewhere below!)

Hey Katie! :wave2:

Joining in on your PTR. Holy cow, Poly CL with a Theme Park View! Ahhh! How exciting. We were planning a September trip but we switched to November since that worked better for us - we were there last September and the crowd levels were fantastic. Hopefully you will experience the same. :thumbsup2

Hey! :wave: (How cute are these waving smilies?!)

I know, I cannot wait!! I won't believe it's really happening until we're there :goodvibes
I've never visited in November before but I bet it's amazing for you :goodvibes We got to see the christmas decorations at Disneyland Paris in 2013 and everything was so pretty!
Also, when were you there last September? We were there Sept. 2nd - 16th... It was SO quiet! We both definitely hit the jackpot huh :thumbsup2 I'm preparing for it to be busier this time around though, we'll be there late September and it will be the Food and Wine festival, I think that impacts the crowds quite a lot. But still, I'm sure it will be quieter than most times :goodvibes:woohoo:

Joining in :) sounds like an amazing trip you've got planned with the Poly club level theme park view, will be amazing.
I'm doing something similar to you with the WDW & DLP visit and near the same time, but mine is the other way round and slightly more time between, i get back from WDW and then 10 days later am off to DLP.

Look forward to reading more of your plans

That's exciting! Maybe one day we'll be prepared to visit every Disney park within the same year :laughing: will you be at DLP between Sept. 14-18th, or WDW Sept 22nd - Oct 6th?!

Your posts are amazing. Me and my husband are heading out 19th September for 3 weeks for our honeymoon and first anniversary. We got engaged at magic kingdom on our first visit together there back in 2011. Your post have given us so many new ideas of what to do. Literally can not wait :cheer2:

Hey, thanks so much!! :goodvibes oh cool, so you'll be there the same time as us! And 3 weeks at WDW!! That sounds like an amazing anniversary trip.

:eek: A Magic Kingdom engagement... That sounds so perfect!! How / where did it happen?! :love::cloud9:

Last edited:
Sounds super-fantastic all around!! You always seem to score an awesome room designation. Yeah you!!

Yeahhh us!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: I know, I'm SO excited!! :goodvibes

First thing I have to say is I am searing with jealousy. But it's okay, I still appreciate you. Theme Park View Club Level, at the Poly, wow! That's the kind of stuff we're planning for our 10 year anniversary. You've definitely got a keeper :P

We also so want to head over to DLP someday. Well, we want to hit all Disney parks, but my wife really loves the looks of DLP. I hope you'll include it in your TR, I'll be looking forward to reading about it!

Also, those meal options all look pretty great! I wish I could help with some insight but most of those restaurants, we haven't tried. Sometimes what we do though, if we want to experience the other resorts and eat there without having to spend big bucks, is we just head over to their food court! (Which is how we once got lost at the Grand Floridian, but you know, things will happen). I mean, ultimately you always end up having to eat some quick service meals anyway, so it just gives an opportunity to explore a bit. We've done Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary and it was pretty good. It is admittedly pretty standard of most resort food court offerings, but I've found that each hotel tends to have its own little twist on their QS menus. Plus, if you're just looking for a quick break away from the parks without necessarily taking up two hours of your day, it's a fairly short meal.

Hey Marie! Haha, I'm so glad you still appreciate me :rotfl:I cannot wait to stay at the Poly! It's definitely a dream resort :goodvibes:goodvibes

I think eating at the food courts is a really good idea. Especially because we don't want to spend as much money on food as we did last time (but of course, I went and booked about 200 restaurants :laughing:) There's still plenty of time between now and when we go, so maybe I'll see some sense and cancel a couple of them. You make a really good point though, ultimately you always end up eating some quick service meals, so we may as well build it into our exploring! I'm not sure how great it is, but I would like to grab a quick service meal at Pepper Market when we explore Coronado Springs! (We both loooove Mexican food!) Thanks for the tip! :goodvibes

Hi Katie,
I came over from your other tr that I haven't finished yet! How amazing! I can't wait to hear more!
Lindsey

Hi Lindsey! :welcome: I'm glad you're here! :goodvibes

Wow, 3 weeks..Im jealous!! That sounds like a lot of fun planning for all of those days!

Hey! Haha, I know, I looove planning!! Not too rigorously, but it's nice to have all that time to do lots of different things. It doesn't feel like we're rushing to get stuff done so we have great opportunities to relax at the resort too :goodvibes

Hello! I'm following along, a little late, but I'm here! :D I can't wait to read more.

Hey! :welcome: Thanks for stopping by! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Hi Katie! I'm also a Katie, and it looks like we'll also be Poly CL while you're there! You arrive a few days before we do, so I'll be anxiously following to see what the resort is like!

Hey Katie! Nice to 'meet' you :wave2: That's so cool that we'll both be staying club level at the same time!! We've officially passed the 6 month countdown, woohoo! :woohoo:

I've never stayed at the Poly OR club level anywhere so I'm not really sure how it works.. But you can probably count on me hanging around the food offerings every day..! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::
Say hi if you spot me :goodvibes:goodvibes

That's exciting! Maybe one day we'll be prepared to visit every Disney park within the same year :laughing: will you be at DLP between Sept. 14-18th, or WDW Sept 22nd - Oct 6th?!

Now that would be such a fun plan :worship:

I'll be in WDW 17th-26th September and then DLP 7th-9th October, never had two trips so close together before.

Glad you got your ADR's sorted, haha you would think they would be ready straight away to get them booked for you wouldn't you? ;) Glad you got your Disney number in the end from Hotels.com, I've booked a couple of my nights with them and had issues getting mine as they had no idea what I was on about, thankfully Disney sorted it for me

Your ADRs look amazing! Don't despair about BOG. When I heard that BOG had started taking ADRs :-)disrocks:) I was determined to try to make a BOG lunch ADR. I was a couple days late and there was nothing to be had. But a couple days later I snagged a reservation. My point is that you shouldn't give up, you'll get a reservation. I definitely don't want to discourage you against WCC but the food is better at Artist Point. I see your reasoning about the experience at WCC but in my opinion the food at AP trumps the experience at WCC. I don't think you could go wrong either way but it seemed like you were open to suggestions.

Colleen, that's made me feel so much better! And I'm really glad you managed to find an opening :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes I remember trying to book Ohana on our first trip (we only decided to go about 4 months in advance) and there was nothing available... I checked pretty much every day, and by some miracle, a spot opened up and I grabbed it! So I guess I'll keep checking, thanks for giving me hope!! It doesn't matter too much since we have an alternative reservation there a few days later, but I don't know, it was just so magical to eat there on our very first day last time! I'd like to do that again.

I'm definitely open to the suggestions about Artist Point, it's been the most popular opinion here by far. I've been looking at them both on trip advisor and I'm so torn. Still, there's plenty of time, and we have plenty of days that we could eat there, so I'm not feeling to worried about deciding immediately. Maybe I'll be even more ridiculous and book both of them?! :laughing:

your ADRs all sound so good--they're making me hungry!

i'm so happy you made a kona ressie for breakfast! we've only been once, but it was so worth it. I think you'll love it!

can't wait to hear about your whispering canyon experience. it sounds so fun! i'd like to try that someday too. not to add to your list or anything, but have you all every done the Hoop De Doo Musical Review? I hear the food is amazing and the atmosphere is super fun.

i'm so excited for you! making ADRs makes a trip seem so real!

Oops Lori, I need to be more organised, I've just replied to another one of your comments in a different post!

I'm excited for breakfast at Kona too! It was an impulse decision, but I think it's a good one :thumbsup2 I hadn't planned on it though, because I knew I would just want to get the Tonga Toast, but they sell it at Captain Cooks for cheaper, so I told myself I'd just get it from there instead. But then it dawned on me that I could get Tonga Toast from Captain Cooks... AND try some pancakes or something from Kona :rotfl: Why not, right?!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

OMG, I've been reading up on Hoop De Doo! We've never done it, and I think we'd really enjoy it :rotfl:I've been on the verge of booking it.. But we really didn't want to spend as much money on food this year, and I've already gone and booked every ADR under the sun :rotfl:oops.

First, I feel your pain on booking with a third party followed by battling with them to get things done. I rebooked with Orbitz for our upcoming trip due to MAJOR cost savings. I didn't have a problem adding the reservations to MDE (the six digit number worked for me, plus I got an email from Disney with their 12-digit number in about 24 hours). The real bugger was getting my room requests attached and adding my uncle to a few days of our reservation - that involved about four hours of phone calls (taking into account wait time) between Orbitz and Disney World. :crazy2: :faint: It was obnoxious... but worth it! ::yes::

On a happier note, hooray for your ADRs! :yay: :yay: :yay: The great news about Whispering Canyon Café/Artist Point and Boma/Jiko is that you picked the more difficult to get ADR up front - if you change your mind and want the other restaurant, it shouldn't be tough to get! I love all of your choices! (And I will keep my fingers crossed for your other BOG reservation! ;))

YAY!!! Oh my goodness, that's so sweet of you to mention me! I think you'll really enjoy both of them! We LOVED Kona on our last trip (the macadamia nut pancakes and Kona coffee were AWESOME!)and I'm so stinking excited to eat at the California Grill again! :dance3: I hope my enthusiasm and glowing recommendation match your experience! :goodvibes

That sounds like such a hassle!! But how come you had to go through Orbitz for your room requests? I assumed since it was all linked up to MDE you would be able to do the room requests with the online check in? This has made me a little nervous, because at the Poly some of the rooms don't have a balcony, and I reallyyyy want to request one! I hope it's not too much trouble... :crazy2:

That's really good to know about the ADRs actually! I thought the opposite ones would be more difficult to get! That eases my mind though, I don't feel I need to rush too much to make up my mind about Artist Point / Whispering Canyon :goodvibes And thanks for keeping your fingers crossed.. IT WORKED! The IPO managed to book us in at Be Our Guest for our last day :goodvibes We'll be eating there at 12:05pm, and our Magical Express will be at about 4pm(ish).. We're really going to squeeze in as much magic as possible! :rotfl:

The Macadamia nut pancakes sound amazing! I'll keep them in mind :goodvibes And you can recommend more items to me again once you've eaten at California Grill again! :goodvibes omg, your trip is right around the cornerrrr! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Oh Lord Katie I feel your pain. My January trip was booked through Expedia (it was the only way to get a discounted WL room that I needed) and had to do the same thing. Call them to get the Disney confirmation.
I don't know if you've seen The IT Crowd (If you haven't... NETFLIX NOW!!!) but if you have I just keep picturing the phone tech support guy in one of the episodes.
Thankfully, my experience went smoothly.

Good lord I wish we could get offers like 14 day tickets for the price of 7. We can't even get 14 days. Granted most people here wouldn't buy that many days (outside of an Annual Pass ;), but who would ever do that?) so I guess it makes more sense to offer that to the UK where staying longer kinda makes more sense.

I've never seen that Itinerary planner before. Cool! It's weird that seeing something like that would normally be something I might want to hold off on. But in this case... NOT!

Look at all those ADR's. I've done a grand total of... 1. That's ok though because I know you're going to love all that you've chosen... I assume. :rolleyes: I think the choice of Whispering Canyon is a good one. Staying at the Lodge, I at least got to sample some of the atmosphere. Plus you've got a few more ritzy spots like Yachtsman to cover that aspect of dining. I say go for the fun. :rainbow:

Oh maaan, now I need to add the IT crowd to my Netflix list (as well as catching up with Once Upon A Time!) It was a huge effort to try to explain it to him though.. He was completely oblivous!!! I ended up being pretty impressed though, because after quite a long time on hold, he came back to me with a number that worked perfectly :goodvibes I thought I'd be calling back multiple times, but it all worked out ok in the end :thumbsup2

That's surprising to me that you guys don't even have the option to book 14 days?! So, if you did want to go for 14 days straight, and it was your only trip in the year, would an annual pass be worth it?! I'm glad you've got your annual pass renewed, I hope that means plenty more trips over the next 12 months?!

Hahah, that document is a Disney planners dream!!! It made me want to fill the whole thing in though, I was almost tempted to ask them to book Hoop De Doo! Have you done it before?! I never have, and it looks so much fun.

Rob, it's a disease. I told myself I'd only book 3 or 4 ADRs this year to save money, but I've ended up booking 10!! I might end up cancelling a couple of them but I'm not sure. Where is your one ADR?!
That's what I was thinking about Whispering Canyon / Artist Point too. Artist Point has been a really popular suggestion, but do we really need another snazzy ADR? I really like the look of the atmosphere at Whispering Canyon. But looking at reviews/ photos on trip advisor, I'm doubting my decision a little bit! But there's plenty of time to decide :thumbsup2

:dancer:Okay, so the fact that you have a theme park view is making me insanely excited to see some pictures. I mean, Wishes FROM YOUR ROOM? Get out of here with that! :hyper: Also, your ADRs look fab -- I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on what you've booked after you eat there! We have a plan for our next trip, but can't book ADRs until June so fingers crossed we can get everything as easily as you guys did (though we peons have to make our own ADRs! :rolleyes:). YAY!

Doh, I've replied to two of your comments separately!

Yeah, WISHES FROM OUR ROOM!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: That is just so exciting!! I really need to make sure that we plan to be in the room in the evening on a few occasions. Usually I'm way to excited and stay out in the parks til late. But I'll make time for it, for sure!

Hahah, that made me laugh, what ADRs are you hoping to score?!

Also, when were you there last September? We were there Sept. 2nd - 16th... It was SO quiet! We both definitely hit the jackpot huh :thumbsup2 I'm preparing for it to be busier this time around though, we'll be there late September and it will be the Food and Wine festival, I think that impacts the crowds quite a lot. But still, I'm sure it will be quieter than most times :goodvibes:woohoo:

We were there the 13th-20th. We definitely did hit the crowd jackpot. We hardly waited for anything all week. Maybe 30 minutes for headliners but that's it!

We caught the first day of Food and Wine on the 19th, we had no idea of the F&W dates when we chose ours - I wish we would have been there longer! It was soooo awesome and I can't wait for F&W again this year. I'm sure you'll love it!

Oh maaan, now I need to add the IT crowd to my Netflix list

It's a UK show and it's HYSTERICAL!!!

So, if you did want to go for 14 days straight, and it was your only trip in the year, would an annual pass be worth it?!

Oh yeah for sure. You'd have to buy 2 tickets because the max is 10. So a 10+4 or a 7+7, the price is the same. And Annual pass is cheaper.

Where is your one ADR?!

Well now, where would be the fun in that??? ;)

Now that would be such a fun plan :worship:

I'll be in WDW 17th-26th September and then DLP 7th-9th October, never had two trips so close together before.

Glad you got your ADR's sorted, haha you would think they would be ready straight away to get them booked for you wouldn't you? ;) Glad you got your Disney number in the end from Hotels.com, I've booked a couple of my nights with them and had issues getting mine as they had no idea what I was on about, thankfully Disney sorted it for me

Oh cool, so we'll be at WDW at the same time for a few days! I know, I'm pretty nervous about how close the trips are.. I get home on the night of the 19th, then I only have the 20th and 21st to do all my washing and last minute shopping and PACKING, then we leave for WDW on the 22nd! :scared: It's going to be... interesting...

Haha, well it seemed to me like they booked my ADRs on my 179 day mark rather than 180! But still, Be Our Guest probably wouldn't have been available either way. I'm still checking though!! :goodvibes

We were there the 13th-20th. We definitely did hit the crowd jackpot. We hardly waited for anything all week. Maybe 30 minutes for headliners but that's it!

We caught the first day of Food and Wine on the 19th, we had no idea of the F&W dates when we chose ours - I wish we would have been there longer! It was soooo awesome and I can't wait for F&W again this year. I'm sure you'll love it!

I'm so excited for it too! I need to do some research because it looks like such a big event! I wouldn't even know where to begin :confused3

It's a UK show and it's HYSTERICAL!!!

Oh yeah for sure. You'd have to buy 2 tickets because the max is 10. So a 10+4 or a 7+7, the price is the same. And Annual pass is cheaper.

Well now, where would be the fun in that??? ;)

I do know that Richard Ayoade is in the IT crowd, and I love that guy! My brother watches it too, maybe I should jump on the bandwagon, I'm always looking for new shows to watch! :thumbsup2

That's crazy that you would need 2 separate tickets for a 14 night stay.. sounds like a hassle! Mind you, getting an annual pass would be waaaay cooler. There needs to be a time in my life where I can proudly show off an annual pass :goodvibes

Oh duuude, building the suspense already!!! :laughing::thumbsup2

Hahhah, this would be me and you at the airport......

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

There's definitely not much room for activities in there.. :laughing: (Is it weird that I want to quote Stepbrothers every time I speak to you? Like, can I just call you my stepsister or something?!) :thumbsup2

OMG I am dying over here, that would definitely be us :rotfl2::rotfl2:

And no that's not weird at all! And it's official now, step-sisters fo life! :thumbsup2 Is is weird if I start telling people I have a step-sister who lives in England? :confused3 Not that I would do that :scratchin :rotfl:

AWESOME ADR choices! Sorry you didn't get BoG for your first day but happy you did get it for 10/6! You'll have to let me know what you think of California Grill since the renovations - the last time I was there was years ago and I wasn't super impressed w/ the quality of food. But I have been reading pretty consistently positive reviews of CG over the last year or so and I would love to give it another try the next time we are there. Will be looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

Katie! Hi! :wave2: You have a PTR going too! I'm excited! :banana: First off I am super jealous that you are staying at the Poly...in club level...in a theme park view! :eek: Secondly I now can't stop hearing Allison from Bedazzled saying "three magical weeks" in my head! :rotfl: Do you have any idea what I'm talking about? :scratchin No? Just ignore me :rolleyes1 Anyway...I know what you mean about third party booking and trying to get a number for MDE. "I need my number. Like now...Seriously people do you not get that there are Fast passes to be booked?!" :confused: Guess not!
Sucks to hear you didn't get BOG the day you wanted. Hopefully some pixie dust will float your way. :tinker:I've only eaten at one of your ADR's as an adult and that was BOG. Funny story when we went in October/November 2012 we actually ate there when it was doing a soft opening. We had no idea what was happening we just wandered over to see what was going on and scored a table there and then! :scared1: Then two days later we got in again! :hyper: I doubt that will ever happen again :rotfl2:(We got free grey stuff it was delicious) We also happened to be there when F&W was on, now this we before I knew about these boards, but we had NO CLUE about it and just bypassed ALL the booths!! :scared1::scared1::scared1: Doh! :faint: Major face-plant moment there! :rotfl2: Whoops! I see a pattern of our noob foolishness appearing!
I really want to try Ohana's (haha autocorrect really really wants to say Obama's! Not sure the President of the USA would be too thrilled about that autocorrect :lmao:), and Kona. I too have ADRaritius...too many restaurants not enough time...:sad:

Hey, thanks so much!! :goodvibes oh cool, so you'll be there the same time as us! And 3 weeks at WDW!! That sounds like an amazing anniversary trip.

:eek: A Magic Kingdom engagement... That sounds so perfect!! How / where did it happen?! :love::cloud9:
:love::cloud9:

September 14th 2011. He dragged me to magic kingdom. (Normally i wouldnt need dragging but it was a long day and i needed my bed) to watch wishies. Casually standing there he came up behind me and telling me about how i made all his dreams come true, and that he wanted to make wishies come true. And then got down on one knee in front of the everyone on main street and asked me. (Im crying while i type)
Obviously i said yes and the rest was history. We also went and brought our mr and mrs mickey ears hats. Which we later used as part of our wedding decoration. Now i can not wait to relive it in 164 days :) xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter