• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

I am so sorry for everyone. My thought and prayer are with all his friends & family.
What a sad day.

Prayers to Bob's family and all of the Podcast team.

I loved listening to Bob. I always knew he would say something to brighten my day. :sad1:

I can't even believe it. My wife called me at work to break the news before I saw it on the boards. I too am one who never met Bob face to face but am driven to tears thinking about what he meant to everyone and this community. I didn't seize the opportunity to meet Bob last August in Epcot when I had the chance. I now deeply regret that. I would have loved to just let him know how much we appreciated his love for Disney and everything he did for this community and the podcast. My thoughts and prayers go to the Varley family and the Dis family as well.

I raise a Mojeeto to Bob's passion, his spirit and his legacy.

Cheers Mr. Varley.

Wow. I am so saddened by the loss. I, like many people, were looking forward to searching him out on our next trip. My thoughts are with the Varley family and the Podcast Crew as they deal with this tremendous loss. I am sitting in my cube at work trying hard not to cry. I, again like many people, feel like I lost a friend. He has left a legacy, though. Thank you, Bob Varley, for your dedication to the wonder and magic of Disney.

My condolences to his family and also to his goods friends on the podcast team. I know it is difficult to lose a friend, and my prayers are with all of you now.

I couldn't be in more shock or sadness... How could this be? Life is so tenuous. Like other have said, I'm sitting here, my hands are shaking, my head is spinning, I keep thinking. How? Why? I am so very sorry for the enormous loss to the Varley family and the Pod Cast crew.

How could he be on the podcast I listened to yesterday and gone today?

We love you Bob. We'll miss you always! :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

I am just shoked to hear this. My heart goes out to the familiy! My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

It has been truly a blessing and a pleasure to get to know Bob through this site. His warmth and humor will resinate forever through the many podcasts and emails that I have enjoyed over this past year and a half. Please know that his enduring spirit will live on forever in our hearts and memories. As tears stream down my face, I can only imagine the sadness that the family and pod team are going through now. I hope through the tears that you are shedding that you can know that he was loved world wide for his passion, humor, and generosity of spirit that we as a community recieved on a regular basis. My prayers are with you all during this difficult time.

Much love,
Sammie

A very sad day indeed. Podcast team, please accept my sincerest condolences. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for you. I will keep Bob and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

I am sorry to hear of this. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

I'm shocked. Listening to your podcasts I feel like I know Bob and the rest of you. I am so, so sad to hear this. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends. He brought smiles to many.

Allyson

I am just now reading the news of our beloved Bob's passing. I am in shock. It's time to get my kids off to school and I'm just sitting here feeling a bit numb. I haven't had time to read all the responses...but I'm guessing this has hit everyone like a ton of bricks.

My deepest sympathy to Diana and Brian, as well as the entire DIS Unplugged Family. "Bawb" is irreplaceable and I hope once the emotions have leveled out a bit (and I'm sure it will take awhile), there will be a tribute podcast that includes all of our favorite "Bawbisms"...he may be gone, but he will never be forgotten. :sad1:

WE LOVE YOU BAWB !!!

Bob was a great asset to your team and especially your podcasts. My deepest sympathies to Bob's family and his DIS family.

He will be missed.

I am so sorry. I loved listening to Bawb on the podcast. I am here at work crying. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and the podcast crew. He will really be missed.

I am so sad to hear this. As most have said, Bob was loved by all even though we had never met him. May God give his family and friends peace and comfort in this terrible time.
Please know he is in a better place and is now chasing the angels with the Bawb cam :)
Again I am so sorry.:grouphug:

Cathy

Wow, what horrible and shocking news. I only discovered The DIS Unplugged about 6 weeks ago, but I've listened to many of the archived podcasts, and even after "knowing" Bob and the rest of the podcast crew for just a short time, I can't imagine the podcast without him. I'll be thinking about and praying for Diana and everyone else throughout the week.

There is no better sign at how much this man was loved by the outpouring of emotion from the people on this board. While very few of us ever met Bob we all felt as if we knew him and we have all lost one of our Tuesday friends. Bob seemed to be a very genuine person, and that is what made him such a loveable part of the show. Just the thought of seing an empty microphone brings a tear to my eyes. My thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family, and to the entire podcast team. He will be missed by many.

Bob, enjoy the great view of the shuttle launch...

I rarely ever post. But I can't tell you how sad this has made me. I feel that I have lost a friend. My thoughts are with you all and Bob's family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter