A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

When DH read Pete's post to me last night, I just couldn't believe it. I cried last night, and I'm crying again now. It couldn't be - he just had some food poisoning.

My first Bawb memory was the now-infamous Dole Whip podcast, but I am so grateful that I have many more. DH and I commute together, and we just started listening to the podcast in the car. Yesterday afternoon on the drive home, we heard the voicemail from the young Disser who wanted to buy a Christopher Robin pin from Bob. It was priceless. You just knew that kind-hearted Bob would provide the pin - and never dream of taking any money for it.

I was lucky enough to have met Bob at the December 6th podmeet last year, but I considered him a friend well before that.

It is obvious that he was a good, kind, deeply caring person. His deliberate responses and unique vocabulary, both of which he used to draw humor out of the podcast crew, were his signature, and will not be forgotten.

Interventions, Sarasota Springs, and MoGeeToes will forever be part of my vocabulary.

So, everyone, raise your dole whip or MoGeeToe high and toast Bob Varley, the "French" Chef.

My thoughts and prayers are with Diana, Brian, and the rest of the Varley family, as well as the Podcast crew and the rest of Bob's DIS family.

Kathy Clawson

What a bummer way to start the day.

I was the one who started the "Bob for President" thread.

I know I will feel Bob in the parks every time I visit from now on.

Next time you feel that 'puff of air' blowing past you, thats Bob on KartKam making more videos.

Thanks Bob!

I am so very sorry to hear of Bob's passing. My prayers are with Diana and Brian as well as with Pete, the podcast team, and all of Bob's dear friends. May the Lord give you all comfort during this terribly difficult time. Bob always brightened my day and made me laugh as I listened to the podcast. He will be greatly missed, and I can only imagine how much more so by those that interacted with him in person.

I don't know what to say. My thoughts and prayers go out to Diana and all of Bob's family and friends.

I never met Bob in person, but I truely loved listening to the podcast where I always enjoyed Bob's segments. We too were in the parks April 19, 20 & 21st and had an eye out for Bob.

Please post a place where we can send our condolences.
Vickie

To think I woke up this morning looking forward to hearing a new Podcast so I could, for at least a little while, transport myself to the "Happiest Place on Earth". But instead I was hit with the harsh reality of life and the reminder that life is really too short. So remember to give your kids a hug and tell them that you love them because you just never know.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone effected by this loss, especially Diana, Brian.

The world is a sadder place today. Bob, we will miss you greatly. My condolences to the Varley Family, the Pod Squad and the rest of DIS community.

So very shocked and saddened.

Regretfully, I never had the chance to meet Bob. How lucky everyone was who was privileged enough to call him friend.

My sincerest condolences to the Family and to Bob's larger family here at the Dis.

I am still in shock. I can’t believe it. We will keep you, your family and friends in our thoughts and prayers you were a wonderful man even thought I never meet you in person you always made me laugh and brightened my day. Bob you will be missed.

We will greatly miss Bob! What a big loss for the Dis community! My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Like everyone else I am shocked and so sad. Please let the Varley family know that my thoughts and prayers are with them. I am also thinking of you guys on the podcast team. If I am sitting here crying I can't imagine how you feel. I can't think of a show where he did not make me laugh. Thanks BOB, YOU WILL BE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG - I am so shocked by this terrible news. I don't even have words. My thoughts are with Bob's family and the podcast team.:sad1:

I'm deeply sadden to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family and the podcast crew, and to all the members here who held Bob in their hearts. He was loved and will be missed by all of us.

Rest in Peace Dear Bob.:angel:

I can't believe I'm sitting here crying for someone that I've never met... :sad1:

I hope his family and friends can all find strength within each other to get through this tough time and can find comfort knowing how loved bawb is.

Like so many others, I'm crying over someone that I don't really know. In the short time that I have been listening to the podcast, I have come to love Bawb!

My thoughts are with his family and the entire podcrew. :grouphug:

I am so, so sorry for your loss. Bob seemed like such a kind soul. I remember Pete talking about what a true blue friend Bob had been to him. He seemed to truly enjoy the magic of Disney.

My thoughts and prayers are with the podcast team and Bob's family.

My deepest sympathies to Bob's family, friends and fellow podcasters. May you each take comfort in the fact that Bob has touched so many lives and made us all the better for having known him, either personally or through his work. God Bless. :sad1:

oh my! I can't believe it! I feel like it's not true. I was very shocked when I saw this post.

My thoughts and prayers are certainly going up for his family and for the entire podcast crew!

A sad time indeed. I am new to the Podcast crew and boards however in that short time I have come to enjoy the interactions of the team with Bob. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers to the family, podcast team and those on the board who may have never met him but will miss him just the same.:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter