A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

Like everyone else on these boards, my thoughts are with Diana and the entire podcast crew & staff. I have become a huge fan of the podcast and Bob will missed greatly. :angel:

My thoughts and prayers are with all you in this time of mourning. Please remember we are all hear for you.

I came to the Podcast board to see when the podcast for this week would be up, and to see how Bob was feeling, then I read Pete's post about Bob. To say I'm shocked is an understatement. I read he was sick but to get this news is really mindblowing. I sit here with a heavy heart as I write this. I don't usually post here, but most can find me on the 'budget' board. I just wanted to wish the Varley family and the Podcast family my deepest sympathies and prayers. My thoughts are with you all at this time.:grouphug:
I loved listening to Bob and the rest of the crew every week. And just to reiterate what most have said before me, that even though I haven't met Bob personally, he (as well as the all the podcast crew) has become part of my extended family just from listening in every week.

What a sad loss, I just started listening to Dis Unplugged recently, but could tell right away the great chemistry the crew hadtogether.
My thoughts go out to them and his family... as well as the community that also mourns his loss.

Wow! I knew he was sick yesterday morning and I sign on today and see that he has passed. I can't express my sentiment better than anyone here beyond saying I felt like I knew him from the podcasts and how much he added. Also, it was obvious he had a heart for others and was always trying to be of help to them.

I will miss Bob. My prayers are with his family...

My heart is so heavy after hearing the news about Bob. My DIS friend, fav's=mets&mickey, called to tell me to cushion the shock of reading the bad news on the boards.

My best memory from our last trip to WDW was meeting Bob at the Epcot 25th anniversary showing of Illuminations. I was so excited when I realized that the man next to me who was shielding his camera with a mini umbrella was Bob. I was so tickled to see Bob in action with one of his beloved props. He kindly allowed me to take the picture posted below.

l_9e78d3a34412b07e04cbf40d81835763.jpg

Bob's enthusiasm and good nature enriched the pod casts. We will all miss him terribly!

My prayers are with all of you, and all of us, and especially Diana. I can't believe it. I just started listening in January, and already feel as if the Crew are my friends! Bawb was so funny. My heart breaks for all of his loved ones and his dear friends.

ahh... ummm... {BAWB pause} yeah...

3-2-1
I am just speechless. I have never met Bob but reall feel like I lost a friend. He was the brunt of much ribbing and I could equate with that position in a group of friends.

My thoughts and wishes go to all of Bob's family and friends, wether they met in person or not (like me!)

Mike

I am so sorry to hear this, my prayers and thoughts to his family, his DIS friends and everyone that loved Bob. He will be greatly missed.

I am so sorry to hear about Bob's passing. My prayers are with Bob's family and his friends. He will be missed.

I, too, am sorry to hear of Bob’s passing. As an important part of the DIS Podcast team, Bob provided a unique point of view with a dynamic and pure honesty that will be sorely missed.

My sympathies to Bob's family, as well as to his expanded family at the DIS.

Wow, so sorry to hear about this. :sad1: I just started listening to the Dis unplugged podcasts and have enjoyed what I've heard. Thoughts and prayers with Bob's family & friends.

So sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Sorry if this was mentioned earlier (dont have the time to read through all the pages) but any word on how he passed away?

I'm also a forum lurker who "knows" Bob from the podcast. I'm not sure what the round table will be like without its foil. Bob played the straight man with tact and grace, and he will be missed. In time, the happiness brought to the countless number of lives he touched shines brighter than the sadness felt in his loss. We should all aspire to such greatness as that. I join others in raising a Dole Whip (or mojeeto if you prefer), to a good man. Wish I could have met you...

Another lurker checking in to say how much I have always enjoyed Bob's presence on the podcasts. So sorry to hear this bad news, my condolences to his friends and family.

Not having ever met Bob doesn't change the feeling of loss that I and I'm sure many others are feeling. Hearing him talk with the pod team each week we truely know "him" as he was. Pete, John, Kevin, Corey, Julie and all of the DIS-ers behind the scene were lucky to be part of his circle.

May God comfort and lead each of you through this difficult time. May he answer your Questions and prayers.

I only just heard the news a few minutes ago, when a DIS friend IRL called to tell me. I have just been reading everything with tears falling from my eyes. Like so many others, I never met Bob, but I feel as if I have lost a friend today. My heart goes out to his wife, children and grandchildren, as well as the Podcast Team and all who loved him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter