A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

As many, many people have said, even without meeting Bob face to face I felt like I knew him just by listening to him week after week. The whole pod squad gives us a look into their personalities each week and you can’t help but feel like you know them even without meeting them.

Finding out about his death hit me like a hammer and while I know this tragedy is much more personal for his family and the rest of the pod casters I do feel like I lost a friend today.

Even though I never had a chance to met Bob, I am filled with sorrow, it feels like I lost a friend. My heart goes out to all of Bob's family and friends. I pray Bob has a safe trip to heaven.

on every trip I would always keep an eye out for Bob. My impressions from listening to him every week was that he was a good person, and I was hoping to meet some day.

Godspeed

I only found the podcasts a few months ago and have been catching up thru the archives. I'm now typing thru tears for a man I never met, tho like others I felt I loss a friend.

When I signed up for the podcast cruise, I excitedly told DH that we'd get to meet Bawb. I looked fwd to meeting him and was even hoping he'd let me give him a little hug.

Thoughts and prayers to Bob's family and the entire Dis team. Bob will be missed greatly.

:grouphug:
karen & robert

We will all truly miss Bawb.

He always brought a smile to my face during the Podcasts and we really enjoyed his tours of the park via KAHT CAM. One of the greatest gifts in the world is the ability to laugh at one's self. Bawb personified that, and never let the ribbing get to him. He was always informative and will be missed.

I am in shock, I never met Bob, but yet I feel as if he were a personal friend. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and to everyone on the Podcast Team.

I don't really know what to say, I never know what to say at these times. I do feel as if I have lost a friend, even if I never met him. My thoughts and prayers go to his family.

RIP Bawb, you will be missed by many.

I know how the world felt that day and I think it is fitting to say the DIS world cried.....

2451500689_1344dd5541.jpg

Oh this is so sad....:sad1:

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I'm crushed. I just got someone else to listen into the podcasts... much on my description of all of the team as anything else... told my friend that Bob was the most wonderful, sweet, and accidentally hilarious person that anyone could ever hope to find in this world. And I couldn't wait to meet him... Guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

Now I know heaven is a light crowd day with perfect weather in WDW...and Bob's already there... with the most perfect Dole-Whip...and a smile on his face...getting ready to show us everything we don't know about when we join him.
God bless his family, his Diane, and his wonderful friends...

We'll miss you, Bob.

Wow, what surprising and sad news. Like so many, I never met Bob...but certainly feel like I knew him well from the podcasts. To say he will be missed is a gross understatement.

Sending up prayers for Diana and the rest of his loving family.

This is terrible news. I will keep his family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. Tuesdays will never be the same. I feel lucky to have gotten to listen to his stories and park tips and that he made me laugh and smile with his Kaht Kam videos and empty dole whip treats for the podcast crew.

Thank you Bob for making me laugh, smile and now cry.:angel:

I am in shock! I just returned from out of town, because my father in law passed away late last week. I thought I'd get on the Dis really quick this morning to check out what I have missed.

I am SO sorry to hear about this, and I will keep all of you and his family in my prayers. As everyone else has stated, we all feel that we've known Bob for years, even though we've never met him. He was a great guy and will be missed.:grouphug:

Oh My.........I feel like a just lost a close friend. I can't even explain how my heart just dropped when I read it on the other board. I lost my father in 2005 and felt this same sadness. I mean I was even saying to my wife that because I used to call my father BOB that I had this connection with Bob Varley. I just feel a great emptiness. I really don't feel like working anymore today because of it. My heart goes out to Diana, and Brian. I would call up and leave a voicemail later expressing my feeling as I am tearing up just writing this post..................We love you Bob and everything you have done for. All the times that you made us laugh, and the true nature that you used to give to this show. I and every PodSquad member will miss you dearly.

WE LOVE YOU BOB!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts and prayers going out for all of you - his friends and family. I know you are all in shock and hurting deeply. Your Dis friends send you many thoughts of comfort as you cope with this loss.

the podcast will not be the same without him- I, too feel like I lost a friend today.
My love and thoughts to Diana, their family and all of you-

Oh My, I am sitting here in shock. I cant believe it. I never met him but feel like I have lost a friend.

Wow. such terrible news.
Hugs and prayers for his family and friends.

Wow. I am so sorry. My prayers go out to all. Although I never got to meet Bob, I feel as though I have lost a friend. It has always been evident in the podcast how much each of you mean to the others. I don't really know what else to say so I will leave it at that.

:grouphug:

I am in complete shock. I will pray for all of you Diana, Brian, Pete, John, Kevin, Julie, and Corey. I cannot imagine how heart broken and sad you all feel. Bob was truly like a sunny day or a smile. He just brought joy simply by being Bob.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!