A Trip Sure to be FULL of Surprises! Updates - day 1 & 2 w/ pics!

Lynn
check out this thread on the Budget Board.

"work from home Disney planners Oppunitiny'"

There looking for people to help plan disney trips and I thought of you:)

http:/myfavoritemouse com/jobopp
Grace

You have a big list of things to do my sista! And my oh my are you sneaky with your secret "menu"!! :rotfl:
Aww what happened to the poor little buddy's head??

Love your plans for surprising Dan !! I am a huge couponer too !! I get my best deals at CVS!! I have enough toothpaste that I got for almost nothing to last 5 years !! Glade Spray is another those BOGOs plus store sales make them free!!!!!I find Target tends to give me a hard time with coupons !!!

Hi Great up date:)

I think that your next job beside being a Disney planner:thumbsup2would be a party planner:thumbsup2 You really have thought things out:goodvibes

Great job on the saving. How do you save soon much at Targert?

LOVE the pictures:love:
Sammatha is getting big, what pretty blue eyes. My baby (Kyleen) is 28 today:)

Good list!!! Got to get working on mine:thumbsup2
I did print the one of the ones you sent me, could not get the other one to load right.

Did see a Stoller tag on the mouse for less site I like, just would like to be put Landen name on it.

I have and idea for a father's gift for Dan How about an Incrediblide Dad tee-shirt,I'm sure you could find some here on the DIS.
Looking forward to the next list.

have a good day

Grace

I wuold love to be a Disney and/or party planner. That and a photographer are probably my "dream" jobs. :goodvibes Thank you for the compliment.

Target savings were all coupons. I even had to go back in because she missed $11 worth of coupons. Thankfully the customer service people rescanned all of them and I got that money back. Always check your receipt! :thumbsup2

She's getting big way too quickly! Makes me want another one. My friend knows another girl who's pregnant and considering adoption so we're contemplating again....I love babies and kids but also love the lack of buying diapers with the potty training in full swing!

Happy Birthday to your baby!

Glad you were able to use one of the lists. I've seen the stroller tags before. I don't think I've ever used one - our strollers are "weird" in the sense that we don't see many of them while we're there so they tend to stick out on their own. It helps that you can usually spot my bag o' junk from a mile away because I pack for every scenario possible! :rotfl:

Lynn
check out this thread on the Budget Board.

"work from home Disney planners Oppunitiny'"

There looking for people to help plan disney trips and I thought of you:)

http:/myfavoritemouse com/jobopp
Grace
I saw that yesterday too! I'm all for it but the "sales" part makes me nervous. I emailed the link to a friend who's a travel agent and she's never heard of them before so that makes me even more leary to send my information in to them....yes it would be awesome but I'm not the selling type. I need to do some more research before I give them my personal information. :goodvibes

You have a big list of things to do my sista! And my oh my are you sneaky with your secret "menu"!! :rotfl:
Aww what happened to the poor little buddy's head??

Oh yes I always have a huge list! This time it seems to be moving so slowly because I can't work on anything at home. And at work I'm filling in for someone else so I don't have a lot of time during the day to work on things either.... Dan works this Saturday and next Saturday so that will help me to have some planning time at home. :thumbsup2

Yeah I'm trying to be sneaky. I don't want to "lie" and I don't want him to be excited for something then disappointed (if he could be) when he finds out what we're really doing.

Who knows with Carter....he hits his head on EVERYTHING! When he's mad at you'll, he'll just come up and head butt you HARD! He also likes to be "upside down" (he locks his feet in the back of the rocking chair and hangs his head down like your feet would hang down) so he could hang like a bat. Yes my kids are weird! :rotfl:

Love your plans for surprising Dan !! I am a huge couponer too !! I get my best deals at CVS!! I have enough toothpaste that I got for almost nothing to last 5 years !! Glade Spray is another those BOGOs plus store sales make them free!!!!!I find Target tends to give me a hard time with coupons !!!

Aww thank you! Hopefully I'll be able to pull everything off!

Coupons are awesome! I'm trying to get a list together to have a "coupon class" at my house for my friends to teach them. So many people ask how I do it and I'd love to share - everyone should save money!

CVS was good for quite a while. Then they quit being so "generous" with the extra bucks and that turned me off. I've been getting a lot of free toothpaste and stuff from Kroger. Target has lots of coupons you can print from their website and "stack" with a manufacturer coupon which helps to save even more.

Ok guys...I hope that sounds ok...I started writing it at about 9 this morning and am just now finishing at 2 this afternoon. :scared1:

Hey All!

I put in my and Dan's time off requests this morning. The Assistant Chief (my boss) signed both of them so we're all good as far as time off!! :cool1: I'm just so darned paranoid about something coming up finacially that keeps me from paying for the condo and making it "official". I'm a worrier like that!

I'm just so ready for it to be here and enjoy the time that I can't tell you!! I so need the break with everything that's going on in my little life - and I know the rest of the family does too. :grouphug: I've been juggling my stuff, another co-workers stuff and for the rest of the week, yet another co-workers stuff. Yup, me doing three people's work this week. That ought to be just loads of fun for everyone! :rotfl: I'm already a crabby witch now...just wait until Friday! :rotfl2: Maybe they'll rethink things a little bit.

No I'm sure it will all be fine. Really...it will be. :goodvibes

My goal tonight is to go through my box of Christmas gifts and figure that out and how much I have done vs what I still need to buy. I'm waiting on Dan's family to decide if we're getting everyone gifts or drawing names again this year or how that's going to work out. We'd just love to skip the gifts honestly and have everyone come down here for a long weekend. That would be the best. WARNING - I'm going to get sappy for a minute!! I love having people over and we were NEVER able to at our house in MI because it was so small. We always had Dan and Corbin's birthday in our garage and people went swimming in our pool. It worked because it was outside and we had a huge yard. Well, we were going to buy the other house (the one we're trying to sell) in MI and that had enough room for me to have like Thanksgiving or Christmas or something at our house. Well, we obviously didn't buy that house and wound up moving to SC with no chance of ever having a big holiday meal or celebration like that. It would mean a lot to me to have them all here at one time and have something at our house...will it happen? I'm betting not as it's nearly impossible to get everyone in one place these days let alone 1,000 miles from their homes. Oh well.....maybe some day with Corbin and Carter's little families. :goodvibes

Some day I'll just pour my guts out about everything and maybe I'll just feel better having it all out there. That's one of Dan and my biggest problems honestly because we grew up so very differently. Although we're both kids of divorce, my childhood was very ugly to put it kindly where his parents divorced when he was older and still talk to each other. That's a story for another day and time though....sorry to be on a tagent. I'm bad about that!

Ok...enough sappy!

I'm going to head home a few minutes early to get Corbin some allergy medicine. The poor kid can hardly breathe and he's snuffing all the time....gotta love allergies!

Have a wonderful night everyone!!

Hi Lynn
Hope you're having a good daY:goodvibes

You're doing 3 people work. Do You get 3 people pay:confused3:confused3:confused3

It hard to figure out money stuff when you can't talk to Dan about it.
Just eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches for a week and see how much you save :lmao:(just kidding)
I know how you feeling about having family together, I feel the same way. and our house is to little to. Maybe try inviting those that can come and have a wonderful get together. Besides who won"t want to spend the holiday where it warm:)

And before you know it Corbin and Carter WILL be grown up. So enjoy the time and make llots of memories. Like "SURPRISE" and FREE DINING trip to WDW:yay::yay:
Any news on the Sept trip or the 40% pin trip yet?

Have a GOOD nite

Grace

Hey Grace!

I so wish I got the pay of three people! :rotfl: Considering the two I'm filling in for make a lot more than I do! :headache: Oh well...hopefully it will be rewarded in the end. It's got to get done and I'll make sure it does so it's ok. :goodvibes

Yeah...Dan's not so good with the money anyways but sometimes it's for him to understand why I'm trying to scrimp and save when we're both on the same page with a common goal. :upsidedow But the surprise will be so worth it that I'll make it work out in the end! :goodvibes

No PB&J at our house - Corbin's allergic to peanuts so he'd "get dead" (that's what he says!). He does eat jelly sandwiches though and cheese and bologna and cheese. :rotfl: Praying hard that something happens here with my job in the near future and if it does I'll certainly update everyone as soon as I can (sorry...that's all I can really say right now I think.... :rolleyes:)

I found a super cute stamp at a scrapbook store with a palm tree wrapped in Christmas lights and was thinking I would make invitations for everyone to come down for Christmas with that. I want to give people enough notice to save up to be able to afford to come down and request time off or whatever if they need to. I don't know - I guess it's the "old" me that I'm so used to getting rejected that I wonder a lot "why bother" to go to the trouble of asking them - they're going to say no so why put out the energy. I think if they knew how important it was to me to have them all here, they'd honestly make an effort to come but I'm not good at all about putting myself out there. I've been hurt way too many times and just don't let myself anymore. I just tend to take things very personally and have never been able to "get over" that.... :confused3

Oh I know they're growing up far too quickly!! I hate it! Corbin told me last night I had 20 years until I was 77! :scared1: Um no! Not even close - sorry buddy! :rotfl:

Still no definitive news on the free dining or Dec trip. Dan asked this morning who was going to "someplace special" for their birthday. I raised my hand and said "ME! I'm going to Disney!" and he said "probably". :confused3 Who knows. We'll see what happens. I hope but it will depend on a lot of things. As much as I want to stay at the Poly, if we've got 20 people coming down to stay with us over Christmas, I'll be at home cleaning my house and trying to make room for everyone! :goodvibes

Alright....enough of my "junk"....next post I'm hoping to get a "time line" for 7/14 (surprise day!) to make sure I've got enough time for everything during the day. I'm sure I'll whip through things so quickly that I'll be all done by 10. :rotfl: I'm terrified that he'll come home and catch me doing something and figure it out. I'm also worried the boys will realize I'm packing things and figure out we're going somewhere. I need to get the MI packing in full swing but don't want a bunch of suitcases and stuff around the day of Corbin's birthday party (7/12) which is at our house. :upsidedow You can't have everything! LOL Maybe I'll have him get them down on Sunday night or I'll crawl up there on Tuesday morning and get them down.....

I also need to figure out how he's not going to figure out I'm not going to work on Tuesday. My friend that works with me will be out of town the same day so it will only be our neighbor here to answer the phones :headache: He's bound to call up here or stop up here at the station and walk past my desk....I need to get them all on board with me for a story as to why I'm not here. I think I'm going to let him go to work first that morning and I'll stay home and wait for the nanny. :rolleyes1 Or, I can take the boys and drop them off at her house (of course that would require me to be dressed in my work clothes)...need to get the plan together! These are the things I stress over - the little details. I'm sure he probably won't care where I am or whatever but I have to have an answer "just in case". That's just how I am. :goodvibes

Alright...it's Friday afternoon and my mind's drifting to Disney! :goodvibes

Dan sent me an email yesterday (yes that's how we communicate these days :sad2: ) saying he doesn't want to go for free dinning in Sept that he'd rather go in Dec for my birthday. I guess I'm ok with that. I did let him know that I wanted to go for at least a couple of days to see Samantha on her first Disney trip! princess: I can't miss out on that! So, who knows...it's up in the air right now - we'll see how it all pans out in the end... :upsidedow

I've printed out my "tentative" plan from post #2 here on this thread and my "to do" list from post 79 here to begin working off of. My goal this weekend is to get everything I possibly can organized so I'm not as stressed about everything! Way too much anxiety over everything and I need to get organized to reduce that.

Saturday morning we'll drop Dan off over on the Island and head home (we might stop at the beach for an hour or so if it's nice - I LOVE listening to the waves and the boys love running when it's not crowded). They have a birthday party to go to Saturday at 1 so we'll have to be gone for a couple of hours for that...should be fun though. The boys are looking forward to it so that's always good. There's supposed to be a water slide which is what they're really looking forward to. :rotfl: Any excuse to get wet when it's this hot!

Tonight we're supposed to take the boys to the pool - that's the plan anyways. Hopefully it works out. Corbin's really looking forward to it. Both boys love water - which is why I really want to try out Typhoon Lagoon when we go in July! I'm seriously thinking we'll be there when they open and probably stay until at least lunch time. I want to plan a couple of days where we'll bring lunch and I'm thinking this might be one of those days! They're not going to want to leave once we get in there. I need to read the "rules" about what's allowed and what's not in there. I'd love to just throw some stuff in the cooler and haul the cooler in but I'm thinking it won't be that easy. :rolleyes1

I also have to find out what time the TTC opens. I'd like to drop the van off at the TTC, ride the monorail to CMs on 7/15 for our 7:15 ADR (I just think that's too funny!) then ride the monorail back to MK for the morning and of course back to the van when we're ready to head out.

I'm so worried that parks are going to be too full and once we leave we won't be able to get back in...I don't even know if that's something I need to be worried about, but I am right now just because we've never been in the summer so I have no freaking clue what to expect. I'm honestly considering subscribing to TGM or something like that for this trip just so I can prepare myself mentally.....I need to think about that though. I didn't love TGM last time I used it so I might have to try and find something else to use instead to give me an idea for crowds.

See? Every time I think about this trip I think of more things to try and figure out! :rotfl: Who knew a freakin vacation was this much work???? Only to us DISers and planners! :thumbsup2 Hopefully I'll be able to work it all out tonight and tomorrow and get lots of answers. I'll have time tomorrow night too to work on this stuff and get it all squared away!

Alright...I'm trying to look busy this afternoon but I honestly have nothing to do! I guess I'll be working on my Disney lists! :cloud9:

It's so true about planning a Disney trip, it's an art to be sure. I feel so bad for the people that show up and had no clue about all the homework involved. They seem so overwhelmed!
A well planned trip always pays off and it looks like you are going to be just fine!:goodvibes

Good Morning:)
Did you have a nice weekend?

You Said "allright its Friday afternoon and my mind's drifting to DISNEY":goodvibes:goodvibes Must be me to I Always seem to be difting OFF to Disney:goodvibes:goodvibes

I hope You do get to spend a few day with Samantha on her 1st Disney trip, it would be soo much fun:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Did you get to the beach on Sat? Little Boys sure do like water:)

I be interested to know if you sign up for Tour Guide Mike, and how it works? would you be able to use it for more than one trip?

Do you remeber what time the Fireworks are at during a MHSSP?
I have a dinner planed at Narcossee's at 7:35 p.m on Sept 11th and want to be able to see the fireworks during dinner.

Maybe you should bet the 7/15 number on 7/15:thumbsup2

I too spend some hours trying to figure out which parks on which days,
EHM and Which nights Specto and Fantasmic:confused::confused3:rolleyes1
and I might be changing some ADR's again!!!

If I counted right 30 days from today you should right now be strolling right down the middle of main street::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Have a good day:goodvibes
Grace

It's so true about planning a Disney trip, it's an art to be sure. I feel so bad for the people that show up and had no clue about all the homework involved. They seem so overwhelmed!
A well planned trip always pays off and it looks like you are going to be just fine!:goodvibes

I could never go somewhere like that (Disney) and not plan! I couldn't imagine! :scared1: Even when I only had a couple of days notice before our first trip, I googled and found the DIS and read as much as I could before we left. It certainly makes for a much better trip for us - having plans.

Good Morning:)
Did you have a nice weekend?

You Said "allright its Friday afternoon and my mind's drifting to DISNEY" Must be me to I Always seem to be difting OFF to Disney

I hope You do get to spend a few day with Samantha on her 1st Disney trip, it would be soo much fun:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Did you get to the beach on Sat? Little Boys sure do like water:)

I be interested to know if you sign up for Tour Guide Mike, and how it works? would you be able to use it for more than one trip?

Do you remeber what time the Fireworks are at during a MHSSP?
I have a dinner planed at Narcossee's at 7:35 p.m on Sept 11th and want to be able to see the fireworks during dinner.

Maybe you should bet the 7/15 number on 7/15

I too spend some hours trying to figure out which parks on which days,
EHM and Which nights Specto and Fantasmic
and I might be changing some ADR's again!!!

If I counted right 30 days from today you should right now be strolling right down the middle of main street

Have a good day:goodvibes
Grace

Weekend was good. Dropped Dan off Saturday morning, hit the beach for an hour or so, went home to nap, headed to my bosses grandson's birthday party then came home and watched Spy Kids and had a "sleep over" on the air matress in the livingroom. Carter was out before 7:30! We picked Dan up Sunday morning and headed back to the beach for a couple of hours before we headed home. Everyone took a nap which was awesome and I just lost all motivation for the rest of the afternoon! Dan's trying hard to figure out the surprise...more on that later!

I hope we'll get to go with Sami Jo on her first trip too - I'm thinking even for a long weekend (like Fri - Sun even would be ok with me!). Dan wants to skip Sept altogether and just stay longer in Dec...I don't want to - I want to do both! :rotfl:

I used TGM for our Sept trip last year. I really only used it for the "best/worst" days because we'd never been at that time of the year and I didn't want to be stuck in long lines with the boys and Dan's mom. I thought it was kind of a confusing site and couldn't really figure it all out so I quit trying after a week or so....I don't know if I'll use it again or not....still thinking about it. I don't know that you can use it for more than one trip but I think, for an example, I could put our Dec trip dates in there and use whatever I wanted until our Dec trip. I think - not 100% sure on that one...

No I don't remember the time exactly. I'm sure I have the stuff at home and I'll look and see if I can find it for you. The Hallowishes was super cool! I would just tell them when you check in (and your server when you're seated) that you'd like to see the fireworks. Maybe they'll make sure your table is closer to a window if you're willing to wait a little longer. The server will also hopefully be understanding that you're eating more slowly because you're waiting for the fireworks. I'm sure they would also appreciate knowing you won't be a "regular" table that's in to eat and be out quickly so they can plan accordingly. Hopefully it will all work out for you! :goodvibes

I think I should bet on that number! :rotfl: I didn't even realize it when I made the reservations honestly!

Good luck with the changing of ADRs...it's never been fun or easy for me. Hopefully you'll have good luck! :grouphug:

Yes, today is 30 days!!! I cannot wait!!

So....on the way home yesterday Dan said he'd figured out his surprise. He was "sure" we were going to the Jacksonville Zoo to have dinner with someone because Jacksonville is two hours from our house. He was so confident that he'd figured it out...so I said "don't you think I'd be upset - like crying - right now if you really figured it out?". He said yes and was more frustrated because he really thought he'd figured it out! :rotfl: So then when we were folding clothes, we were talking about Disney in Dec and I asked if they water parks would be open because I really want to go to Typhoon Lagoon and swim with the sharks. He thought I said "summer" instead of "December" and I told him it's too hot to go in the summer! :rotfl2: So then he says "so there goes my other idea". I was like "what? you think I could take you Disney and you wouldn't notice that?? By the time we got there we'd have to turn around and come back - what a tease to just drive past." :lmao: So he says that he could call in sick the next day so we could stay for "just a day"....right the boys would be ok to leave after just a day??? :rotfl: So now he's off the Disney kick too! I think I really have him confused but pulling this off is even more important now! :thumbsup2 I need to be tricky and sneaky and everything else!

I have to pull this off!

Well I have updated lists to post but couldn't get them out with Dan around to bring to work today. Hopefully I'll be able to get them out tonight and update tomorrow. :surfweb: I'm thinking I might get an Orlando Entertainment Book if I can find a list of the coupons in there. I've read there's a Publix (grocery store) coupon in there so that alone might make it worth it to me. We'll see if I can find a good deal on the book. Coupons for meals off site would certainly help if we decide to eat out any place.

I also worked on Corbin's birthday party this weekend...I've got a lot of things to pick up for that yet as well but I'm trying to tie picking up stuff for our surprise trip in with the birthday party shopping so Dan won't notice.

I also managed to go through my "overstocked" closet (where I keep all of my "surplus" stuff until we need it) and put some stuff aside in a tote with the Disney stuff and shoved the tote in the closet.

I so want this to be a good trip and want to really try to stay on a budget just to see how "cheap" we can do it so we'll have an idea for the future...I read over the weekend that coolers are allowed in TL which will be awesome! I also read that they fill up by 11 (open at 9 or 10) so we'll need to be there first thing in the morning and stay until we're ready to leave for the day (bringing lunch/snacks/drinks with us for the day). I plan on being there when they open (the boys get up early) and staying until afternoon if possible. That will give us the evening to either explore DTD or just go back to the condo and rest for a little bit before hitting the parks again the next morning. Bringing in all the stuff with us will be an amazing budget saver but I'm sure we'll manage to find something they "need" while we're there! :rolleyes1

The other thing I want to do is the "Characters in Flight" balloon in DTD. If we don't do it this trip, Dec for sure. It looks really cool. I don't know if the boys will be up for it but they can always stay with Daddy while Mommy goes. :idea:

Alright...I should probably try to find some "real" work to do this morning. :rotfl: Hopefully more updates soon!

Good Afternoon All!

Super quick update here....I spent the morning at the doctor. I woke up again this morning and my lips were all swollen and just gross. So, thankfully my doctor opens at 6 am. I gave him a call about 6:30 and was in his office by 7:30 and finished by 7:40. That was the best part of the day! :rotfl: To say it was a rough morning is putting it mildly....I would up "loosing it" and just crying for most of the morning....I've been holding it in far too long and knew one of these days that I'd crack...well, today was the day! :headache: So I laughed in the doctor's face when he asked how much stress I was under (because of all of my cold sores - aka "super herpes"). I just told him he had no idea but I knew it would get better (hopefully!). :rolleyes1 He gave me some medicine and hopefully I'll be rid of them in the next couple of days! :cool1: I just have to stay OUT of the sun for a little while! I guess that's bad when you have a cold sore - don't go outside! So then he asks if he can write a prescription for a weight loss pill....just what I needed to hear! :sad2: Yes I know I'm overweight but I've already been told by more than one doctor that I'll "never" get rid of my belly because of all of the scar tissue unless I have about $10,000 for a tummy tuck...well, that's not happening any time soon. So I guess I've kind of given up. I generally eat dinner and maybe something during the day. I can't tell you the last time I ate three meals during the day. I used to exercise like crazy pre-kids. I'd spend an hour and a half at the gym every night and was about 100 pounds lighter. Would I like to be back there? Heck yeah. Do I have that kind of time now? Heck no! :rotfl: So, I'm holding a prescription for "appitite suppressants" (sp?) now...I know this little pill isn't going to be the answer and I'm terrified to start taking it....still haven't decided if I'm going to or not. Heck yeah I'd like to loose some weight before we to go to MI and Disney next month but I just don't know. We'll see how that works out. It's supposed to make me very focused too....I don't know if that's a plus or negative! :rotfl2: (for those wondering, it's some medicine they give to people with ADD...)

Then, I go home to get Carter for his doctor's appointment. He got hurt at a birthday party (the "Monkey party" called that because of the monkey on the invitation). He was in a bouncy thing and a bigger kid fell on him. He cried for a minute or two but I thought he was ok. Well, he's still limping and won't walk on his right toes - he walks on the side of his foot instead. So, I spent about an hour with his doctor trying to get that figured out. She sent us for x-rays (another $175 I didn't budget for!! :headache: ) and I'm waiting on a call. She doesn't think it's broken because he let her hold his foot and look at it but you just never know. Hopefully I'll have an answer soon so it can be taken care of if it is broken. If not, he'll just limp a little bit until he gets better. :goodvibes

So I finally strolled into work about three hours late this morning apologing like crazy. The party Carter got hurt at is my bosses grandson's party so he was more than understanding (they always are here which is awesome!). Everyone's kind of waiting to hear what's going on and if he's ok.....Now I just have to run tonight and get my prescriptions filled and get rid of these cold sores. They hurt and my lips are all swelled up - it looks like I tried to get those fake lip injection thingys...it's just bad I tell ya! :sad2:

Alright.....I have a ton of crap to do before our meeting starts at 4 this afternoon.....back to work! I will update if I hear anything! :grouphug:

I haven't been on here for so long that I stopped getting emails on the updates about two days ago!
O.K., so I have the diagnosis for your lip. It is your twin!! I was growing my twin on my cheek last week! Good thing that I birthed it this weekend, because it was starting to take over my face!!! :rotfl:
And, I'm still in shock that your doctor would, just out of the blue, ask you if you wanted a weight loss pill! I wish that my doctor would do that for me. I've now just stopped getting on the scale at the doc's office. I just say that I'm fat and that I don't need the scale to tell me.
I'm thinking that maybe you shouldn't let Dan guess anymore. If that were me and he guessed it, I'm not sure that I could keep a straight face! You ARE good sister!
I think you should absolutely invite people down for Christmas. There's plenty of time for saving some gas money. If you put the invitation out there, then it's up to them to decide to come or not. And, the stamp sounds perfect!
I LOVE LOVE LOVEY Typhoon Lagoon! You guys are going to have a blast. We get there EARLY, set up "camp" under some trees over by the clock tower/wave pool and start having some fun. We ALWAYS pack food and a small cooler. PB&J is what we have for every lunch when we're at Disney. Budget can be done at Disney, so I know that you can do it!
I hope that Carter's foot is going to be o.k. (I hope that I remember which boy you said)
You are getting close. I hope that your job starts to slow down a little. It's gotta be stressful when you're doing the work of three people.

Hey Lisa! :hug:

I don't really want a twin! :rotfl: One of me is enough for sure! They were better this morning with the medicine I took last night. I took it again this morning so hopefully they will be gone soon. Corbin was so sweet - he got up this morning and said "I'm sorry you have sores. No sun for you. None." :rotfl2: Gotta love that kid! He's gonna be a good DH someday!

Yeah he threw me with the pills. I'm sure the Target pharmacy guy thought I had problems last night when I picked up my prescriptions - one for genital herpes (that's what the label says that they print - and by the way, that's NOT why I needed the prescription - cold sores I promise!) and ADHD meds. :rotfl: I'm one hot mess! I took the ADHD stuff this morning and I feel weird - not sure how else to describe it. I had a slight melt down at work this morning but pulled myself together quickly and seem to be ok now. I have to take the other half of the pill at noon - we'll see what that does to me! :upsidedow

He loves the guessing game. I think I'm gonig to have to find him another hint to throw him in another direction. If he really guesses before we leave, I will not be happy with him!

I'm heading to Beaufort this weekend (to K-mart for some Cars thing - the Disney Cars - since Dan has to work Saturday) and plan on hitting the scrapbook store. That should be fun with my two boys! :headache: Thankfully I think I recall them having some Grinch stickers or something - something for the boys to get if they're good. :thumbsup2

I think we'll like TL too! The boys LOVE water so it sounds good. So long as I'm ok to go in the sun (praying these cold sores go away soon!!!), I think it will be a good time for everyone. The bonus? I'll have an awesome tan when we go to MI for the wedding!

Carter Update - he's not broken as far as they can tell. If he's still limping next week, they want to do another x-ray to see if they can figure out what's wrong with him.

Yes - we're counting down the days until Corbin's birthday.

28 days!!

27 days until I have to pull this surprise off and pack like a mad woman!
25 days until Corbin's party at the house. I'm hoping to clean this weekend and next weekend so 4th of July weekend we can just worry about having fun and getting ready for the party the next weekend.

I brought my lists this morning to update too! As soon as I get my "real" work finished, I'll be back to update those!

I'm really curious about this weight loss medication. Does it make you feel hyper at all?

Hey Lisa! :hug:

I don't really want a twin! :rotfl: One of me is enough for sure! They were better this morning with the medicine I took last night. I took it again this morning so hopefully they will be gone soon. Corbin was so sweet - he got up this morning and said "I'm sorry you have sores. No sun for you. None." :rotfl2: Gotta love that kid! He's gonna be a good DH someday!

Yeah he threw me with the pills. I'm sure the Target pharmacy guy thought I had problems last night when I picked up my prescriptions - one for genital herpes (that's what the label says that they print - and by the way, that's NOT why I needed the prescription - cold sores I promise!) and ADHD meds. :rotfl: I'm one hot mess! I took the ADHD stuff this morning and I feel weird - not sure how else to describe it. I had a slight melt down at work this morning but pulled myself together quickly and seem to be ok now. I have to take the other half of the pill at noon - we'll see what that does to me! :upsidedow

He loves the guessing game. I think I'm gonig to have to find him another hint to throw him in another direction. If he really guesses before we leave, I will not be happy with him!

I'm heading to Beaufort this weekend (to K-mart for some Cars thing - the Disney Cars - since Dan has to work Saturday) and plan on hitting the scrapbook store. That should be fun with my two boys! :headache: Thankfully I think I recall them having some Grinch stickers or something - something for the boys to get if they're good. :thumbsup2

I think we'll like TL too! The boys LOVE water so it sounds good. So long as I'm ok to go in the sun (praying these cold sores go away soon!!!), I think it will be a good time for everyone. The bonus? I'll have an awesome tan when we go to MI for the wedding!

Carter Update - he's not broken as far as they can tell. If he's still limping next week, they want to do another x-ray to see if they can figure out what's wrong with him.

Yes - we're counting down the days until Corbin's birthday.

28 days!!

27 days until I have to pull this surprise off and pack like a mad woman!
25 days until Corbin's party at the house. I'm hoping to clean this weekend and next weekend so 4th of July weekend we can just worry about having fun and getting ready for the party the next weekend.

I brought my lists this morning to update too! As soon as I get my "real" work finished, I'll be back to update those!
You have a lot going on my friend!
You are going to have a rockin tan for the wedding!
I'm glad nothing is broken in Carter's foot.

I'm really curious about this weight loss medication. Does it make you feel hyper at all?

Hey There! Yesterday I felt "weird" - I know I should be able to describe it better but I honestly can't....today I do feel more like myself. I'm thinking yesterday could have been a combinitaion of the Motrin, cold sore meds, weight loss meds and having a monthly visitor (sorry -TMI I know....). Today, like I said, feeling better - more like me. It did take me a little bit to get to sleep last night but I've been having problems giong to sleep for a couple of weeks now so I can't say it's the meds. I was also up at 5 this morning (before my boys - that doesn't happen often!!) and couldn't go back to sleep. Now I say couldn't because again my mind was going - logistics of paying for things, organizing things, things I have to get done. Like I said, that's been going on for a couple of weeks though so I can't say it's the meds that are doing that as yesterday was the first day I took them.

I'll certainly keep you posted though! Now generally I only eat a meal a day (dinner generally) because I just don't usually do breakfast and work through lunch (that's my busiest part of the day!) so by the time it comes down to dinner, I'm usually hungry but am ok with kind of snacking on something when I get home so I can sit for a few minutes before making dinner. Yesterday - not hungry at all. I ate poptarts for breakfast (because I was worried about taking all those meds on an empty stomach!), ate no lunch (took no lunch) and ate dinner (ham sandwich and some shells and cheese) which is normal for me. I guess that's the most frustrating part - I don't sit and eat all day. Heck yeah, some days I eat more than others but my life honestly doesn't revolve around food (if you see our MI list of things "to do" you might think otherwise! we miss our "favorites" from MI and will have to eat out a LOT that week to fit everything in!). Yes I'm heavy...I always have been. I was a lot happier with my weight pre-kids. I gained like 60 pounds with Corbin and had a HUGE stomach (the doctor thought I was having twins he was so big!). They had to reopen my incision and had problems when they did the surgery so it was a mess and there was a lot of scar tissue and nerve damage. I decided (bad choice on my part!) not to put a lot of effort into loosing that baby weight because we knew we wanted another one. Well, then came Carter and I didn't gain nearly as much with him but was already heavy. Well, here I am six years later and 100 pounds heavier and have been told that there's too much scar tissue to ever get this flap of skin (again TMI - sorry!) that hangs down (former baby belly!) to go away without a tummy tuck. That's so not in our budget. If these meds help to get some weight off, I may persue with the doctor seeing if they can deem a tummy tuck "medically necessary" to see if my insurance will cover it. Getting rid of that skin alone is probably 5 pounds and I honestly hate it.

Sorry for the rambling and TMI but I will keep everyone updated for sure!! I'm hoping for good results but am honestly not expecting anything at this point.

You have a lot going on my friend!
You are going to have a rockin tan for the wedding!
I'm glad nothing is broken in Carter's foot.

Yes - like always it seems. Always something going on at our house! :rotfl:

I hope so! I do love being tan and hopefully that won't kill me when I'm older. At least I don't fake bake any more like I did pre-kids!

Yes- he's still limping around so hopefully it'll get better over the weekend. If he's still limping on Monday, I'm going to call and ask what they think I should do at that point and I guess go from there. I know it's not killing him - he doesn't seem to be in pain - but I'm sure he's not feeling his best if he's still walking around limping. Boy will I feel like Mom of the Year if his poor little foot is broken and we don't figure it out until next week! :headache:

27 days!!

Hey sister! Here's my thing. Tan fat looks better than white fat. That's what I tell myself every summer! I need to get my fatness outside this weekend and get some more sun.

Hey sister! Here's my thing. Tan fat looks better than white fat. That's what I tell myself every summer! I need to get my fatness outside this weekend and get some more sun.

:rotfl2::lmao: Stop it! You're too funny! I agree though - I think I look much better when tan than when not! Why do you think we moved to the South? Year 'round tans! :lmao: No sun for me until these danged cold sores are gone! It's suppoed to be 100 degrees the next three days with the heat index up to like 110....I wouldn't be outside anyways!

Tomorrow I have to drop Dan off at his "ship" then run the boys to Beaufort (about half an hour from our house but closer to an hour tomorrow because I'll be out on the Island) to get to Kmart for this Cars thing they're having. Corbin's very much looking forward to it. I'm hoping to get the grocery shopping done tonight so we don't have to add that to tomorrow's list too....yuck! That will pretty much take up our Saturday.

Sunday morning we'll have to go pick Dan up. He'd mentioned Outback opening early a couple of times so maybe we'll head over there and have an early lunch. I've got to get to work on getting the house clean before Corbin's party and our trips (Disney and MI).

I also need to work on our trip plan for MI :rotfl: We've got a lot to fit in and just not enough time. I'm waiting on some things from work to finazlie when we'll be there for sure. Right now the plan is the last week of July since the wedding is 8/1.

Alright...it's Friday and pay day and there's really no one here. Just a couple of us girls (and the guys in back of course but there are always boys here!)...maybe we'll figure out a way for us to all head out in about half an hour. :rotfl: We may all become very sick! Wouldn't want to pass on any germs! Must go home and rest! :thumbsup2

26 Days!​

HEHEHE!!!
Hey, have fun with your busy weekend. I'm going to Columbus to watch DS in a football tournament. I'm hoping to see him score a touchdown. He's scored two for the past two weekends and I haven't been able to watch. Here's to hoping he gets one!
So, my youngest DD got contacts and is doing really well with putting them in and taking them out. I just have to remember that she's only 9 and still a child. She dropped one of them in her room and then brought the other one out on her finger and dropped it too! AUGHHH!! Anyway, it'll get better. Sorry to hijack your thread. ;)
I would love to live in Florida, at this moment. Anywhere in the south. If DH didn't have a stable job, we would move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter