A Trip Sure to be FULL of Surprises! Updates - day 1 & 2 w/ pics!

Hey All!

Sept dates changed again so now Angie and Sandy are going 9/11-18. We haven't gotten ahold of Dan's mom to see what days will work for her. I don't know that I'm up for Disney for an entire week (yes I love Disney but I like being able to take lots of little trips instead of just one bigger one!). The weekend before is Labor Day and we were previously debating going that weekend and staying into the week so we wouldn't have to use so much time off from work...I don't know. We're still trying to work out the details. As for where we'll stay, it'll be either All Star Music Family Suite or Poly - it will all depend on if the dreaded house sells in MI! :headache: Hopefully we'll be there at the same time Grace - maybe we'll just run into each other!

As for the surprise trip, I spent some time working on it this weekend and have since gotten a little bit more excited again. :cool1: You're right Lisa - talking to people is half the excitement!

I worked out more of what our "must sees" are for the different days. I'm really trying to have low expectations not knowing how hot or crowded it will be. I'm debating signing up for the Tour Guide Mike or a site like that only because we've never been at this time of the year before.

I'm also trying to keep time in our plans if we want to give one of the water parks a try this trip. If we do, it would be Typhoon Lagoon from the reading/watching I've done on it. Seems like the "right" place for us and I want to check out the snorkeling with the sharks! :thumbsup2 If we wind up staying longer in Sept maybe we'll head over then if we don't have time on this trip.

I also pulled snacks out of the snack cupboard and put them into the Disney tote. Dan knows about the tote but not about the contents. He thinks it's just my regular Disney stuff (which it is plus some!). I just pulled some snacky stuff so he wouldn't miss it from the closet. I'm really starting to think a lot more about how it's all going to work out while I'm packing and stuff to have it all done in time.

I've got to come up with a good way to "hide" everything in the van. Thankfully we have "stow and go" seating so I'm going to try and hide as much as I can in those compartments. I also plan on trying to cover everything else up with a big blanket and making it all bumpy and stuff so he won't guess it's just suitcases back there!

I've figured out that I can't let him into our bedroom or the kid's room the day we leave. If he goes through the dressers (to find different clothes for him to wear) he'll know something's up when half of his clothes are missing. What I think I'm going to do is take half a day off work, pack the van and get the kids around when they get up from nap. This will be the hardest because Corbin's old enough and smart enough to know something's going on and I will need him to keep his mouth shut and not give up any of the details! :scared: So basically, I'll have his clothes in the front bathroom (the boy's bathroom) and tell him we're late, he needs to get changed so we can get on the road right away. I think he'll comply because by that point he'll want to know what the fuss is all about! :rotfl:

Then, we'll stop at McDonald's (or Wendy's or whatever) once we get past Savannah (maybe closer to Jacksonville because he thinks that's where we're going) to take a potty break. While he runs inside with the boys (update on that in a minute!) I'll grab some food, get out their cards and be back in the van. Maybe I'll give them their cards first then get the food. I just know I want to be there when they open the cards and figure it all out! :yay::yay: Then Corbin can open his gift (a new Leapster) and keep him quiet. I think once Carter (out of all of them) figures out we're going to Disney it will be hard to keep them quiet! :rotfl:

At that point, Dan will probably want to drive (I hate driving so that's fine with me!) and we'll be on our way to DISNEY!!! :cool1: I don't plan on sharing any of the reservations or anything like that with them at all. I have to keep some surprises! I'd like to call Chef Mickey's before we go to make sure they know that our reservation day is actually their birthday in hopes that they might get a little extra magic.

Once we're done at breakfast our first morning, we'll hit the MK and get the boys their gift cards!! :cool1: I'm hoping they'll be able to spread this out over our four days while we're there. We generally do our shopping on the last day at DTD but I'm not opposed to buying something on our way out of the parks - I just don't like to lug things around all day! I think this honestly will be the best part for Corbin. I CANNOT wait to look at him in a store and tell him he can pick out WHATEVER he wants! That's like a dream come true for me. Now, my luck he'll either pick out a $2 pen or a $200 toy. :rotfl2: Whatever they don't use on this trip we'll just bring back in Sept.

We have about $125 in gift cards from previous visits that we need to use on this trip so that will for sure cover at least one meal and part of the TH meal which is great! Then we also have some Disney dollars that we have to use so that will help to keep things affordable as well. We sent out three of our AP referral cards (still have another one if anyone needs one!) so hopefully we'll get some gift cards from those to use towards our September trip. It's much more fun spending other people's money! :thumbsup2

General updates: Friday night I went shopping with the boys - all three of them in tow! I ran to the consignment shop on my lunch and they'd sold the sand table the day before! :headache: I could've cried right there in the store! I was going to call and ask them to hold it for me since I couldn't get there until Friday - I should have and I'm still kicking myself for that! Then when I went to Walmart they didn't have the car that Target had on sale so I had to go back to Target, wait for them to dig one out of the back and get that. It was just a long day in general!

Ok - potty update. Dan wen to the race in Charlotte this weekend (he got home about 7:15 last night!) so Carter, Corbin and I worked on Carter's potty training!! Saturday he had three accidents, Sunday NONE!!!! and Monday four. The exciting part is that he stayed dry through nap every day!!! :cool1: Hopefully he'll get this down very soon and we won't need diapers/pull ups/anything any more!!! I cannot wait for that!

Other than that, it was a quiet weekend! I cleaned the house and van out (looking for hiding spots!). I worked on Disney planning a bit trying to get a plan together in my head. I think the toughest part right now is that there are so many unknowns....I'm not good with that. I like to know what's happening and how things will flow. :rolleyes1

Ok I should probably get to work this morning! Between updating here and reading the Jon and Kate thread, I haven't gotten much done this morning!

Doing the happy dance:dance3:I just might get to meet You:yay::yay:
When I read that dates might have changed I thought That MY DATES TOO:cheer2::cheer2:and then you said"Hopefully will be there the same time as Grace-maybe we'll just run into each other!! I would SOOO LOVE to meet you:thumbsup2:love::thumbsup2

I worry about the heat , I get sick from the heat if I don't watch.
One of the tips I learned her is the slip and Ice in the Cushion behind the seat to keep the kids cool.

Tour Guide Mike might be a good idea, could you use it for both trips?

You are really thinking things thur, With how to pack the van so no one notices it suitcase to puting his clothes in the bathroom.

I hope you have a viedo camera to catch their reacations.:thumbsup2

GOOD JOB on the potty training. Corri is working with Landen too!
She would like to have him trained by our trip, some days are better than others.
:grouphug:Here's a BIG HUG, for dealing with the unknows I know that that can be hard, I too like to Know whats happening and how to deal with them!!!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
I think that why we Are Diser's and like to plan:thumbsup2

Have a great day
Grace

Hey Grace!

50 days until Disney! 49 days until we're in FL! :banana::cool1::woohoo::yay:

I'm putting in my weather request for it to be nice and sunny and warm without being too hot and humid. I don't think that's too much to ask! :thumbsup2

Well Saturday is Corbin's last t-ball game so I've got to keep working on the team party and get his birthday invites made because he wants to invite his t-ball friends to his party. Thankfully we're having it at the house so it's not a huge deal how many kids show up. My only concern is I already bought stuff for the treat bags so hopefully no more than what I've already bought for will show up! :headache:

Oh yes I'm so a planner. I have to be. I will be so incredibly proud of myself if I can pull this off! It will be a freaking miracle. Yes we have a video camera and I'm hoping to get the whole thing on tape when we stop for the potty break.

I really need to work on the "telling" part. I think I'm going to give them a little box/envelope thingy with puzzle pieces that I'm going to make that will make a picture of something Disney (not something too obvious, but something Disney). Corbin and Dan can work on the puzzle and if they don't get it from the puzzle, I'll give them their cards with the certificate that they get in free on their birthdays. Hopefully at that point Dan will get it and say something so Corbin understands where we're going. Then, once Carter hears what they're talking about, he'll get it and be excited too. At least that's how I'm hoping it goes down! I guess I just have this picture of Corbin and Dan freaking out in the parking lot, jumping up and down saying "we're going to Disney!". I'm trying not to be too set on the reaction because you never really know how anyone will react but if they don't have any reaction I think that will really make me sad. So here's to hoping for a HUGE reaction - a good one of course! :goodvibes

Well it was another busy weekend at the our household! Corbin's last t-ball game was on Saturday which meant the team party. We had all the parents sign up for bringing something which helped a lot. Dan went and got pizza after the game and the kids all ate pizza and chips then hit the cupcakes. Then it was time for the awards that Coach Dan and Coach Sandy made (anyone who knows either of them knew Coach Lynn made them :thumbsup2). The kids all liked them a lot and they got their little trophies. Then we headed off to the ice cream store! It was a fun morning that's for sure!

Saturday night was Sandy's birthday so they came over for dinner which was nice. Got to spend some time with Samantha which is always fun - it's amazing how quickly she's growing up. I think I must have forgotten that! :rotfl:

Sunday we headed off to the pool for a couple of hours with the boys and everyone had a good time. Corbin practiced swimming without his floaties since he can touch in the "little" end of the pool this year without going under. :thumbsup2 Carter had a great time just hanging out in the water all morning. Thankfully everyone (all the boys) took a good nap and mommy got some peace and quiet!

My goal today is to call Chef Mickey's and make sure the birthdays are noted on the reservation. I'm hopig for lots of pixie dust for that morning for a little extra attention from Mickey and gang as well as at the MK when we head over there. I'm hoping to have the birthday buttons the night before so they'll have those first thing in the morning. My "dream" would be that they're picked to ride the train in with Mickey that morning but I know that's reaching for the stars. We'll see what happens! At the least, we'll be at Disney, have had breakfast with Mickey and the gang and seeing MK rope drop for the first time ever. Can't be a bad day right??? :goodvibes

I'm starting to get my excitement back for the trip. I spent all afternoon Saturday stressing about everything and praying no one would find out before they're "supposed" to. I had several chances to tell others about the trip and I've just kept my lips zipped. The less people to know right now - the better off we'll be. That way no one can slip and say something they shouldn't. :goodvibes Of course, then it's pretty much my fault if they find out! :rotfl:

I was also trying to figure out how I was going to make sure we didn't have a ton of leftovers in the fridge while we're gone. We generally have a decent selection of "stuff" in there. I'm thinking I might just tell Dan I'm trying to cut back since I know we're going to MI soon and don't want a bunch of stuff still in there....hopefully he'll buy that!

I'm also working on stuff that I can fit into Corbin's birthday party shopping food-wise so he won't wonder why I'm buying weird stuff that just doesn't fit with the party shopping. I'm planning on taking hot dogs and chips for one night, mac and cheese for one night, bread and meat for sandwiches, probably making pasta with sauce AKA snake pasta (spagetti) for one night. I've got pop tarts for breakfasts and will take some cinnamon rolls - an extra special treat! Tuesday night we'll eat on the way down, Wednesday morning we've got breakfast at CM's, Friday morning we have breakfast at TH (I think that's the right day....) and Sunday we'll probably grab lunch somewhere on the way home. That only leaves me three breakfasts, four lunches and four dinners to figure out. That's not too bad. We can always find counter service at Disney (I'm sure we'll have snacks at Disney too!) or eat there (if we can find a spot) or off site if we want to. I just want to make sure that we've got stuff at the condo in case we don't feel like going anywhere once we're back there. I'm open to any other easy meal suggestions anyone might have! popcorn:: I'm just trying to keep it to things that I'd normally make or that I can make (or remake) there as quickly/easily as possible. I'm sure it will all work out in the end whatever happens and whatever I take.

I've got the BIGGEST cold sore ("super herpes" as the guys at work call it!) on my lip from stress between work and home stuff....I'm so ready for this vacation. (I get cold sores and hives when I stress) We all truly need a couple of days where we can just lay back and relax and not have to worry about anything! Another bonus, I'll have a great tan for the wedding when we go to MI! :rotfl:

Alright...I get to go home on my lunch and work on my planning since no one will be there (Dan's at work and the kids went to Michelle's this morning!) so hopefully I can make my phone calls and lists in peace and quiet! :goodvibes

Good morning Lynn:)
Wow ! you had a busy weekend. I'm glad your award/end of t-ball pary was fun. I always enjoyed the awards party for the girls.

I bet the little princess is getting big, time for a new picture.

Have your Figure out your dates for Sept yet? Hey. I just realized I might get to meet to the little Princess princess:yay:
Waiting for Sept hours they might be out today:thumbsup2
Tomorrow (tuesday) is our 100 day mark:woohoo::woohoo:
Landen and I going to make our countdown chain:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I'm sooo looking forward to eating a Chef' Mickey:dance3:
and I LOVE watching Mickey come in on the train, if give me such a magical feeling.lwhat a awesome why to start the day:love:
Here's some pixie dust pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:that your dream comes of being picked as the Family of the day!!!!

Have your check out the "picnic the park" at Ak, where you order and pick it up later to eat around the park, or you could take it back to the codo.

Good job on not spilling the beans about the trip this weekend / Remember I'm ready to listen to plans and share I ideas, actually I really enjoy reading about your trips and all the great ideas you have and they help me with my plans too.

Well got to go get some work done soo I can sit patiently and wait for Sept hours to be realased:rolleyes1popcorn::
Grace

Hey Grace!

Wow - only 100 days huh? It's amazing when you count in days how close/far away something sounds! 44 days until we're at Disney!!! :cool1: I only have to keep my mouth shut for another 43 days - I think I can do it! :rotfl:

I haven't read up on the "picnic at the park" - sounds like I need to! :goodvibes

I did call attempt to call CM's this afternoon. I could not get a CM to give me the number there at all - I was told they don't have a direct line there. Ugh! I just wanted to call and make sure the birthdays were on the reservation in hopes that they'd get some "happy birthday"s that morning from the characters....now I've got to try and find the number. Google is my friend. :rolleyes1

Dan works the next two Saturdays on Daufuskie so that gives me at least two days this month to work on trip planning and trying to go through what clothes he's got and what he needs. He's been banished from looking at the bank account so he won't know what I pay for when at this point until we get back from our trip. :goodvibes By then it will be too late for him to do anything about any of it! :woohoo:

I also need to go through the boy's stuff and make sure we've got everything there. I keep bringing up our MI trip and trying to make sure everything's in place with that so he's not suspicious of my cleaning and buying stuff. :idea: Hopefully I'll be recovered in our week back at home to be repacked to go to MI the next weekend! :scared:

I so hope I can pull this off! I really do. I love planning surprises but this one's been pretty difficult for some strange reason! I think it's because I've done surprise stuff in the past and it's always been easier than this. I've never tried to take anyone to another state and pull off a vacation with two kids. I know once they all figure out where we're going and what we're doing they won't care about any plans at all which is good - they'll just be happy to be at DISNEY!! :cool1:

I need to sit down and get a list together of what still needs to be done and start tackling stuff on my lunch hours while I can be at home and he's not.

I'm also trying to figure out in my head how Tuesday's going to go (the day we're leaving). I've got two boys who will spill the beans if they see me packing suitcases and stuff. I'm hoping Michelle (our nanny) can take the boys to her house for the morning so I can pack the clothes and get everything into the van. Then she can have the afternoon off and I can take the boys with me to run the rest of the errands like putting gas in the van and stuff like that.

I know I keep saying it but we all really just need this break. Things have been piling up and we're so ready for something fun and exciting where we can all relax and have a good time. We can celebrate Dan and Corbin's birthdays and Carter being potty trained (we're well on our way - yesterday was another dry day!!!) and just be happy together. Things haven't been the best with Dan and I for a while now and I'm hoping this trip will kind of give us a chance to "start over" and try to make things better.

Alright...I've got a pile of work staring at me so I need to get back to it.

TTFN! :goodvibes

Hi Lynn

pixiedust:pixiedust:Here's some pixie dust for you and Dan sounds like you can use some:grouphug::grouphug: Sometimes life get so busy with kids, work and the house, and maybe a trip to WDW to spend some time together is what you both need.

You don't have your lists stated yet???:scared1:
You the QUEEN OF LISTS!!

Your homework tonite is to start making lists, I will be looking for one tommorrow:lmao:Beside I need to start on my packing list and if you do one I be half way there:thumbsup2

We got our countdown chain done see pictures on my PTR.
we hung it over Corri living room window, just like you ,could not get a picture of it to much light have to try later.

I'm sure you will pull off the surprise and all your worring will be for nothing.
I'm really enjoying being able to share in the plans for your suprise trip. I look forward each day to see what new.

I have 2 questions?????

Did the house in MI sell yet?
Are you going in Sept and what are your dates?

:banana::banana:For Carter on staying dry:banana::banana:Way To Go:banana::banana:
Have a good evening.
Grace

Hey Grace! Looks like it's just you and me! :rotfl:

Thanks for the pixie dust. We've got our good days and bad...here's to hoping for more good in the future.

I have some lists but not nearly my "regular" lists that I would normally make. I have a wonderful packing list that I keep in my Disney book and just copy when it's getting close to trip time. I think I have the email or link to where I printed it from. I'll look and see if I have it for you. :goodvibes It's really a good one - three pages long! :rolleyes1

I will certainly head over and check out the pictures - things have been busy and I have lots to catch up on! :headache:

I hope the worrying is all for nothing...I really do! I know I'll get a good reaction from Carter and it's not even from him! :rotfl2: Corbin it will honestly be hit or miss - if he's tired he'll probably just ask to go back home....if he's in a good mood, he'll be all wound up and won't be able to sleep! :cool1: Dan....he'll probably be excited too if he doesn't find out before hand...

No house in MI still hasn't sold that we've heard...hopefully soon! One less thing to take care of would be awesome!

I want to go in Sept but we're trying to work on dates and see how things pan out here at work with time off and stuff like that. That will probably be our last Disney trip this year :sad1: I'd love to go for a weekend to go to MVMCP but I don't see that happening just with things getting so busy with the holidays and all. Dan told his mom last night that we're not going to MI for Christmas this year and we would like everyone to come down either over Christmas or in January (some of his family is already planning on coming down then) so we'll see how that works out....

Alright...I've been plugging away since 7:30 this morning and need to get back at it....

Hey Grace!

I posted the links to the packing lists I use on your PTR...hopefully one of them will work for you. I don't take everything on either of the lists but it's a really good start. I always wind up adding stuff like Corbin's Leapster and stuff really specific to our family but like I said, it's a good list (either one) to start with. Hopefully one of them works out! :goodvibes

Hey Grace! Looks like it's just you and me! :rotfl:Hey Lynn! It's new song ''just you and me!!!
Thanks for the pixie dust. We've got our good days and bad...here's to hoping for more good in the future.Your welcome :thumbsup2

I have some lists but not nearly my "regular" lists that I would normally make. I have a wonderful packing list that I keep in my Disney book and just copy when it's getting close to trip time. I think I have the email or link to where I printed it from. I'll look and see if I have it for you. :goodvibes It's really a good one - three pages long! :rolleyes1

I will certainly head over and check out the pictures - things have been busy and I have lots to catch up on! :headache:Im always trying to catch up:lmao:

I hope the worrying is all for nothing...I really do! I know I'll get a good reaction from Carter and it's not even from him! :rotfl2: Corbin it will honestly be hit or miss - if he's tired he'll probably just ask to go back home....if he's in a good mood, he'll be all wound up and won't be able to sleep! :cool1: Dan....he'll probably be excited too if he doesn't find out before hand...

No house in MI still hasn't sold that we've heard...hopefully soon! One less thing to take care of would be awesome!

I want to go in Sept but we're trying to work on dates and see how things pan out here at work with time off and stuff like that. That will probably be our last Disney trip this year :sad1: I'd love to go for a weekend to go to MVMCP but I don't see that happening just with things getting so busy with the holidays and all. Dan told his mom last night that we're not going to MI for Christmas this year and we would like everyone to come down either over Christmas or in January (some of his family is already planning on coming down then) so we'll see how that works out.... Ihope you can go in Sept:goodvibes I would really like to get to meet you:)

Alright...I've been plugging away since 7:30 this morning and need to get back at it....

Hey Grace!

I posted the links to the packing lists I use on your PTR...hopefully one of them will work for you. I don't take everything on either of the lists but it's a really good start. I always wind up adding stuff like Corbin's Leapster and stuff really specific to our family but like I said, it's a good list (either one) to start with. Hopefully one of them works out! :goodvibes
Thanks I'm going to check them out:thumbsup2 It;s always good to have things in writing and more yhings for my planning binder:woohoo:

Have a good evening and remember it Just me and you!!

Grace

YOU'RE NOT ALONE YOU TWO!!!:yay: Just been not on here very much. SO sorry I've been a bad DIS friend Lynn!!! :lovestruc I'm too tired to read all of your posts even, tonight anyway. I did however read some of one of your posts and read that your Sept dates have changed. AND! AND! How can you say that you don't think you could stay a week at Disney? Don't you normally stay like 5 days? What's two more days anyway? :rotfl: (Oh yeah, only a couple more hundred dollars) :rotfl:
I thought that you had a possible buyer for your dumb Michigan house? Housing market in Ohio stinks. If you're a buyer it's good, but not if you're a seller.
Okay, so I WILL finish catching up on your report tomorrow.

WOW I have missed a lot! Sheesh!
SO, how is the potty training going? That is my least favorite, well one of my least favorite, parts of being mommy. SO much laundry!
You are like one of the best planners that I know! Good for you. I hope that this trip gives you and Dan what you need. Life's stresses get in the way of the happiness in marriage sometimes. It really can stink. I'll pray for you guys.
You are going to have a great time this summer. It would be nice if you could meet Grace and her crew.
I can't believe that your t-ball season is over! Our summer baseball season doesn't get over until about the second week in July.

YOU'RE NOT ALONE YOU TWO!!!:yay: Just been not on here very much. SO sorry I've been a bad DIS friend Lynn!!! :lovestruc I'm too tired to read all of your posts even, tonight anyway. I did however read some of one of your posts and read that your Sept dates have changed. AND! AND! How can you say that you don't think you could stay a week at Disney? Don't you normally stay like 5 days? What's two more days anyway? :rotfl: (Oh yeah, only a couple more hundred dollars) :rotfl:
I thought that you had a possible buyer for your dumb Michigan house? Housing market in Ohio stinks. If you're a buyer it's good, but not if you're a seller.
Oh Goody we are a trio! You and You and Me
and your not a bad DIS friend.

quote=lmillercrew;32125074]WOW I have missed a lot! Sheesh!
SO, how is the potty training going? That is my least favorite, well one of my least favorite, parts of being mommy. SO much laundry!
You are like one of the best planners that I know! Good for you. I hope that this trip gives you and Dan what you need. Life's stresses get in the way of the happiness in marriage sometimes. It really can stink. I'll pray for you guys.
You are going to have a great time this summer. It would be nice if you could meet Grace and her crew.
I can't believe that your t-ball season is over! Our summer baseball season doesn't get over until about the second week in July.[/quote]

And we have missed you:)
Laundry does it ever get done?
Your are so RIGHT "Life stresses get in the way of the happiness in marriage" Well say, Lisa, something we all need to remember.

Yes it would be nice is we could meet, I wish we could all meet sometime:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:grouphug:For Lynn:grouphug:for Lisa.

Well got to go do some:laundy::laundy::laundy:

Have a good night.

Grace

Hey! I knew you were busy - it's ok. You can also check in on Jill here: http://leonsmom.wordpress.com/. She's been having some "problems" with Leon to put it mildly. :grouphug: You're not a bad DIS friend at all!

Yes Sept dates changed and yes I said I didn't think I could spend a week at Disney....I think if we spent a couple more days, I'd want to do things that cost more like La Noba or a water park or something like that. Those two days could cost me like another $500! :scared:

Thanks I'm going to check them out:thumbsup2 It;s always good to have things in writing and more yhings for my planning binder:woohoo:

Have a good evening and remember it Just me and you!!

Grace

LOL I'm glad you have things to ad to your binder! That's always fun!!

WOW I have missed a lot! Sheesh!
I can't believe that your t-ball season is over! Our summer baseball season doesn't get over until about the second week in July.

Potty training's going well actually! He's doing great and staying dry all day - even though nap - and even over night the past couple of nights! :cool1: Not too much more laundry than normal thankfully!

HA! Thank you for the nice words! I do appreciate that. I do love planning - it's almost fun to me.

Yes they're having closing ceremonies tonight (unless it rains like forecasted!). It's funny to think it's already done when in MI we'd be maybe just starting...

Oh Goody we are a trio! You and You and Me

Yes we're a trio for sure!

And we have missed you:)
Laundry does it ever get done?

Have a wonderful and great weekend!

I was just checking my email (I've lost my motivation to work this afternoon!) and

WE GOT A PIN!!!! :cool1::woohoo::yay:

40% off!!!

WOOHOO!!!

Just had to share!!

I've already emailed Tracy (our Disney travel agent) to see if it's cheaper to stay 40% off at the Poly and pay for dinning or stay free dinning in Sept and maybe sneak in another trip around my birthday!!!! WOOHOO!!

That was so what I needed today!!! Hopefully we'll be able to make it all work out....stay All Start Family Suite for free dining then go back for my birthday in December and stay at the Poly 40% off!!! Happy Birthday to me! :rolleyes1

I was just checking my email (I've lost my motivation to work this afternoon!) and

40% off!!!

WOOHOO!!!

Just had to share!!

I've already emailed Tracy (our Disney travel agent) to see if it's cheaper to stay 40% off at the Poly and pay for dinning or stay free dinning in Sept and maybe sneak in another trip around my birthday!!!! WOOHOO!!

That was so what I needed today!!! Hopefully we'll be able to make it all work out....stay All Start Family Suite for free dining then go back for my birthday in December and stay at the Poly 40% off!!! Happy Birthday to me! :rolleyes1
WOOHOOO!!! Congrats on the code sister! You'll have to fill us all in on how things turn out. I'm going to check out Jill. I was wondering where she was. I knew she hadn't update her TR for a VERY long time. That's too bad about Leon.

40% off!!!

WOOHOO!!!

Just had to share!!

:yay::yay:Yea for the 40% pin:yay::yay:

That's GREAT news:yay::yay:

We got a 40% too, but the free dining was a better deal for us.
When we check the Family suites it was cheaper for us to get to 2 rooms. for 4 adults, but that was with out any pin or code.

I hope you can make it ALL work out!!!Here some magic PIXIE DUST
pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Have a good day:)
Grace

Thanks guys for the well wishes! We so appreciate it! :goodvibes I so hope it will all work out. I have a feeling Dan will make a birthday trip happen once he gets his birthday surprise! :rotfl:

So my next post I'm going to start a list of everything I need to get done so I can go back and edit and print as needed throughout this process.

Life update - Weekend was ok. Spent $209 at Kroger, CVS and Publix. I spent (please keep in mind I haven't been shopping in three weeks) $209 and SAVED $248!!! :cool1: Then Saturday I went shopping at Oshkosh and Carter's outlet and spent about $40 in each store (with coupons of course!) to finish up some Christmas/birthday gift shopping I need to do. Sunday we went to Target and I spent $110 dollars and saved about $125 with my coupons! Happy to say the Christmas shopping is well on it's way to being complete! Now I just need the Target toy clearance and I think I'll be good!

Other than that, it was really a quiet weekend! I spent a lot of time with the boys which is always fun. It rained on and off all weekend (and will not pretty much every day because it is hurricane season now) but Corbin was still able to get outside and play! :goodvibes

I've got to get to work on a Father's Day present for Dan too...I'm trying to be cheap but I want it to be something really good too. I just don't know yet. I need to start working on it though. Dan's working the next two Saturdays so whatever I do, I'll have at least two days to work on it. :goodvibes

I was able to spend a little bit of time working on plans this weekend for the trip. I'm more than confident now that I'll be able to pull this off. Dan thinks we're going to a dinner with someone "famous" (he just does't know it's McDonald's and the famous person is Ronald! :rotfl2: ) so I asked him if he wanted beef, chicken or fish (all McDonald's options!) as I had to plan ahead for this dinner. He chose beef (not that it matters at all!) so I told him I needed to let "them" (I don't know who "them" is but it sounded good) know. He's become quite interested in this - he does love surprises and I love torturing him! :lmao:

I did tell him that I plan on taping his reaction once we get to the place we're going (confusing huh?). I also told him our reservations were at 7:45 which meant he had to be right home from work and we had to be on the road by 5:30. I told him he was to drive in, park his truck, go straight to the boys bathroom, change and get in the van. He asked why he couldn't go any further into the house and I told him he's too slow and we CANNOT be late for this reservation! :rolleyes1 So he knows what to expect. I also told him he cannot be home early that day. I'll make sure that doesn't happen - I have connections! :cool2: I'll probably have his secretary text or call me when he leaves so I'll have an idea of when he'll be home. If I need more time, I'll have him stop and pick up something crazy at the store. I'm so worried that I won't be all packed and he'll come home to me packing the van or something and ruin the surprise! :scared1:

I talked to our HR person today (who happens to live across the street from us and is in on the surprise!) and she ok'd him signing the paperwork once he gets back from vacation so he won't know about the time off in advance. That's a bonus. I'm just going to talk to my boss tomorrow when he's back in the office and get everything ok'd with him before I do Dan's paperwork for him to be out of the office. Don't see any reason why I can't be gone but you never know....

I really want to save the money to go to the water park. I've been reading a lot about it and think the boys would just have a blast there! And with the potential to go twice more this year, I'm willing to give up a park day for a water park day! I just need to figure out the costs and save it up. I figured if I take $50 from each paycheck until we leave (or more depending on the "extra" money), I'll have enough cash on hand to pay for the basics (of course I'll put most of it back in the bank prior to us leaving instead of carrying around a bunch of cash :thumbsup2).

I haven't posted pictures in awhile so here are a few for you:

Carter with his big cheese and bunk on his head:

LynnsPictures001.jpg

Corbin hitting his "home run":

LynnsPictures018.jpg

Samantha:

LynnsPictures052.jpg

Samantha getting some love from her boys:

LynnsPictures060-1.jpg

Alright...off to the next post so I can get my lists going!! I've got things scattered all over my house and I need to get them all organized in one place. Hopefully I'll remember everything - if not, I'll be able to update this weekend.

Alright...here's what needs to happen before we can leave:

*Dan's time off request
*Lynn's time off request
*fill van with gas
*Oil change for van
*Change batteries in dvd player remote for van
*Clean out van
*Pack Dan
*pack Lynn
*pack Corbin
*pack Carter
*pack food
*Pack cooler
*Get ice from fire station
*Clean house
*laundry
*bake (muffins, cookies, birthday cake)
*pack van
*cover stuff in back of van
*make cards
*make puzzle to "tell" surprise
*charge camera battery
*pack cameras and extra batteries
*Copy and notarize Corbin's birth certificate
*pay for Condo (plan on doing this 6/19)
*save for water park tickets
*wrap birthday gifts to take
*Pack "bathroom"/medicine bag
*pack diaper bag
*finish buying things from list (see another post - to be added!)

Alright that's it for now....I'm sure I'll think of more or find it on a list at home and come add it :goodvibes

Hi Great up date:)

I think that your next job beside being a Disney planner:thumbsup2would be a party planner:thumbsup2 You really have thought things out:goodvibes

Great job on the saving. How do you save soon much at Targert?

LOVE the pictures:love:
Sammatha is getting big, what pretty blue eyes. My baby (Kyleen) is 28 today:)

Good list!!! Got to get working on mine:thumbsup2
I did print the one of the ones you sent me, could not get the other one to load right.

Did see a Stoller tag on the mouse for less site I like, just would like to be put Landen name on it.

I have and idea for a father's gift for Dan How about an Incrediblide Dad tee-shirt,I'm sure you could find some here on the DIS.
Looking forward to the next list.

have a good day

Grace

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter