A Trip Sure to be FULL of Surprises! Updates - day 1 & 2 w/ pics!

Hi, I followed you over from your link on the J&K thread. I just got done reading your entire PTR and am going to comment on some stuff.

You have such a beautiful family. It is wonderful that you are planning all this for them. I am in awe of your coupon skills!! That is great. I am a list person too, I can’t remember anything without my lists.

Your children are adorable!! This surprise sounds fantastic.

You are so right about them wanting to go to school so much when they are little, then not wanting to go when they get bigger.

This is hilarious, I love it!!

OMG the label on the cold sore prescription, why can’t they call it something else?

I tend to keep things inside until a mini meltdown happens too.

I hope Carter's foot gets better very soon. I am in awe of your organizational skills :worship:. I wish I was like that. I can't wait to see how all this works out.

Welcome! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for the comments and kind words about the family. :goodvibes

Hi Lynn

Hope all is well?

Carter and I are in the same boat. Yesterday at the wedding I sliped a off a small curb and fell. So i'm limping around here too.
It's and starting to trun black and blue, I give it a few days and if it not better I'll go see the Dr.

Did you have a Good weekend , get any more Surprise plans done?
How the puzzle coming?

Tommorow we going to Kennywood ( amusement park near Pittsiburg PA)
to see how Landen does.

Guess Gramma will have to take it slow with the foot.
Have a good week:)
Grace

Oh Grace I hope you're alright!

How was the amusement park?? Did everyone do well???

Hey Lynn:)
Just checkin to see if everthing is O. K.
I know your busy finishing up last mintute plans.:thumbsup2
Hope to talk soon:goodvibes
Take care
Grace

Happy July 1st:yay::yay:

Thanks for checking in! 13 days until we leave for Disney!!! Dan works tomorrow so I'm hoping to start sneaking some stuff into the van.

Sorry for the absence - it's our "year end" this week and it all fell on me since I was filling in for the person who usually does that.... :scared1: It's been a long week to say the very least! I'm almost at 40 hours this week and it's only Thursday afternoon!! :headache: I'm so ready to go home!

Alright...I have a list of things to finish up today and need to get moving. Here's to hoping they send us home early today since tomorrow's a holiday and all! :cool2:

Welcome! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for the comments and kind words about the family. :goodvibes

Oh Grace I hope you're alright!

How was the amusement park?? Did everyone do well???
My foot is getting better, just black and blue.
Kennywood was great, Landen did Good, he not sure of the rides, Guess we just take it slow at WDW

Thanks for checking in! 13 days until we leave for Disney!!! Dan works tomorrow so I'm hoping to start sneaking some stuff into the van.

Sorry for the absence - it's our "year end" this week and it all fell on me since I was filling in for the person who usually does that.... :scared1: It's been a long week to say the very least! I'm almost at 40 hours this week and it's only Thursday afternoon!! :headache: I'm so ready to go home!

Alright...I have a list of things to finish up today and need to get moving. Here's to hoping they send us home early today since tomorrow's a holiday and all! :cool2:
Your Welcome:goodvibes
Soon you will doing the single diget dance:yay:
Hope all goes well getting things hidden in the van.

Going camping with the family for the weekend.
Happy 4th of July
have a great weekend and get some rest befire the big trip:goodvibes
Grace

Good luck on your sneaking!:goodvibes

Thanks! I'm so hoping it all pays off!

Your Welcome:goodvibes
Soon you will doing the single diget dance:yay:
Hope all goes well getting things hidden in the van.

Going camping with the family for the weekend.
Happy 4th of July
have a great weekend and get some rest befire the big trip:goodvibes
Grace

Hey Grace! Hope camping was great!

Well, I've spent most of my morning reading about the monorail crash yesterday at Disney so I don't have much time for an update right now. Hopefully I'll be back soon. I need to bring my camera in tomorrow to post some pictures with my updates.

The monorail driver who lost his life is in our thoughts and prayers as well as his family and everyone affected by this tragedy. :sad1:

Brief Updates: We have a condo - granted a one bedroom condo but I'll have to fill in the details on that later. It was a "dangerous" weekend at our house - we watched Jeff the alligator try and cross the street Saturday afternoon, Corbin burnt his arm with a sparkler on Saturday afternoon and I burnt my arm on the oven yesterday. :sad2: I've got a tote all packed up, a bag of beach towels and such and a bag of our "disney" stuff all stashed in my closet. I have to get the house cleaned this week for the party on Sunday then scramble on Tuesday to get everything packed!

Alright....I really need to get to work this morning. The accident really scared me and to hear Dan say "good thing we're not going to Disney any time soon" didn't help matters! Corbin and Dan hounded me ALL WEEKEND (they were "Super Spies" and tried to figure out the secret) about our birthday dinner! I haven't crakced yet though which is awesome! Carter fell asleep Saturday night with a Disney book in hand (a picture book I picked up at the outlet on one of our trips). I tried to get it away from him and he woke from a DEAD sleep, grabbed it back and went back to sleep with his book that he held on to all night long! :rotfl: He's got Disney on the brain for sure! I think he's going to be the most excited!!

Ok...must pry myself away from the DIS boards....must do work today!

So PROUD of you for keeping your secret! I SO cannot wait to hear the report on the suprise! :eek: (That's going to be Dan's face when he sees where u are taking him for his birthday)

Good morning Lynn:goodvibes
ONE week form today you will be on your way to WDW:)
only 7 more days to keep the surprise!!!!!!!
:cool1::yay::banana::cheer2::dance3::woohoo::dancer:

Camping was lots of FUN, Landen was Great!! Ate LOTS of GOOD food!
hope to be able post on PTR about it today:thumbsup2

I hope that the burns are not to bad, those dare spaklers sure do get hot.
How Carter foot? I going to have to get something for mine when we are WDW as too much walking brother it.
So did Jeff the alligator get across the road safetly?
Looking forward to seeing your pictures with updates.
You are doing a amazing job keeping the big secert. I remember how hard it was not to tell everyone about Kylie engagment plans, we knew about itfor 3 months before it was going to happened.:)
How's the puzzle coming?

I too had been praying for the monrail driver and his family . I'm sure that God will watch over them and help them thur this tragedy.:grouphug:

Nice to see Lisa stopped by I missed her/:goodvibes
Grace

So PROUD of you for keeping your secret! I SO cannot wait to hear the report on the suprise! :eek: (That's going to be Dan's face when he sees where u are taking him for his birthday)

Hey Lisa!! How are you???

Aww thanks! It's a lot of work to keep the secret a secret! I've wanted to tell so many times so they'll stop bugging but wanting to see their reaction is what's keeping me going. I so hope his face looks like that! :rotfl: I cannot WAIT for this surprise!!

I said that last night in the car and Dan was like "why are YOU so excited about OUR birthday dinner??". :rolleyes1 I can't say right now! :rotfl:I so cannot wait! This WILL BE a great vacation. Better yet - I'm thinking it's going to come in under $500 in the end which will be AWESOME!!!

Good morning Lynn:goodvibes
ONE week form today you will be on your way to WDW:)
only 7 more days to keep the surprise!!!!!!!
:cool1::yay::banana::cheer2::dance3::woohoo::dancer:

Camping was lots of FUN, Landen was Great!! Ate LOTS of GOOD food!
hope to be able post on PTR about it today:thumbsup2

I hope that the burns are not to bad, those dare spaklers sure do get hot.
How Carter foot? I going to have to get something for mine when we are WDW as too much walking brother it.
So did Jeff the alligator get across the road safetly?
Looking forward to seeing your pictures with updates.
You are doing a amazing job keeping the big secert. I remember how hard it was not to tell everyone about Kylie engagment plans, we knew about itfor 3 months before it was going to happened.:)
How's the puzzle coming?

I too had been praying for the monrail driver and his family . I'm sure that God will watch over them and help them thur this tragedy.:grouphug:

Nice to see Lisa stopped by I missed her/:goodvibes
Grace

Hey - I cannot wait to be headed to Disney!!!

Glad camping was good. I'll have to check your PTR for the details!

Corbin's burn isn't too bad but it's worse than the one I got. He says it doesn't hurt so I guess that's good. We've been keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get infected or anything.

Carter's foot seems to be getting better. He still limps every now and again but not nearly as badly. I'm hoping to find him a cheap pair of tennis shoes for the trip just so he'll have a little more support if he wants to walk around a little bit instead of flip flops or crocs. At least you know now that you need something while you're there. I think it's good to know in advance so you can plan for it.

No Jeff never crossed the street that we saw at least. He scooted back into the lagoon when a guy and his dog came walking down the road and a car passed. Before too long, fireworks were going off so I figured with all that, he wouldn't try again that night.

This secret thing is terrible!! I love surprised but hate keeping the secret! I cannot wait until next week and I can let it all out!!!

My goal this week is to get Dan and Corbin's cards and puzzles done. I'm going to send Dan one night this week with Carter so Carter can pick "mu own Torbin's birfday present." (that's how Carter talks- the "c" becomes the "t" sound and EVERYTHING is "my own" right now - my own Mommy, my own Daddy, my own Torbin!)

My cold sores are FINALLY going away!!! :cool1: I so hope they're gone before we leave! I'm worried about being out in the sun and getting them back if they're not totally gone! I'm taking a refill of my prescription with me so I'll have the pills and can start talking them right away if I need to.

Alright...I need to take a lunch today (Dan's home with the kids - nanny's sick) so that's it for the update for now. I'll hopefully be back with more later this afternoon or tomorrow! :goodvibes

Ok I forgot my camera this morning but for good reason.....every year, we have physicals here at the office (have to make sure all the guys are ok). Well, another girl and I decided we're going to do ours today (they're here for three days). We get our blood drawn for some kind of screening and because of our insurance, we get a $75 check back for the screening which is good motivation for getting the blood drawn!! Then we do a stress test and all kinds of other fun stuff....:scared: Not looking forward to it but it'll be worth it in the end. And, it's not going to be as bad since my friend and I are going to do our stuff together.....

Alright - condo info. A well meaning friend happened to hear that we were in need of a condo for the trip. Well, before I knew it, she was back on the phone with me saying she'd used some timeshare points or something and had booked us a condo and we could just pay her instead. :headache: (this is why I don't "chat" with people....bad things always happen!) I'd already been working with my wonderful Tracy trying to get a condo together and was researching a couple of places through her. Now, I'm trying to cancel the timeshare thing and book through Tracy. Of course the condo people won't talk to me so I'm at the mercy of someone else right now and feel awful because of all the work I did researching and all the work Tracy our travel agent did to find something that would work for us. I've decided that if it's not resolved by Friday, I've got to go with what's booked because the options are thinning out more and more each day with what's available.

So here's what we've got right now: a 1 bedroom condo at Celebrity Resorts Lake Buenva Vista. http://www.celebrityresorts.com/locations/lbv/index.php In addition to having something booked for me, I've read some less than favorable reviews of the place so I'm so nervous. I'm trying not to stress over anything to help get rid of these cold sores but I don't know how well I'm doing. Hopefully all will work out for the best in the end - that's all I can ask for at this point. I've already emailed the hotel/resort/condo to ask some questions and am waiting on an answer from them.

Other than that, Dan and Corbin are still guessing like crazy! Last night, Dan and Carter went to get "Torbin's birfday present" from Target (Hotwheels cars!) and when they got home, Dan and Corbin were hitting it HARD to try and guess about where we were going.

Dan: "have we been here before?"
Me: "yes and no" (not sure how to answer - yes we've been to the welcome center in FL - which is where I think I'm going to tell them!-but no I don't know that we've been to the same McDonald's that we'd stop at for dinner!)
Dan: "can anyone go?"
Me: "What do you mean?" (trying to be sneaky and have some time to think of a good answer without lying!)
Dan: "is anyone going with us?"
Me: "yes there will be other people there"
Dan: "did you invite anyone?"
Me: "no but anyone can go" (that REALLY confused him!!)

So Dan guessed that we're going to Charleston for a carriage tour then having dinner. Good guess but so not happening!

Then Corbin said he had a guess but wanted to be a secret. We "hid" behind the chair and he said "I know we're going to Disney because that's where Carter and I really want to have a birthday dinner!". :eek: And that's when I lied to my child in a round-about way: "no honey we're not having your birthday dinner at Disney. I'm sorry". It's not really "lying" - we're not having dinner at Disney, but we'll be there the next morning! :cool1:

That was pretty much the end of the guessing for the night because it was almost bed time. Of course, they started right up again this morning. Thankfully I had to get to work! :rotfl:

I've got so much stuff to get done and feel like I'm not going to get it all done! I'm trying so hard not to stress and keep telling myself I can work on things Saturday while Dan's at work but I need to get the birthday party done first (right now, we're at about 35 people - adults and kids ) then I can worry about Tuesday.

I did tell Dan that he could leave work early on Tuesday if his boss will let him but it cannot be earlier than noon and he MUST call 30 minutes prior so I'll have time to get the boys ready!

I need to go back and update my "to do" and "to buy" lists.....I've made some progress but not a ton which is ok at this point. I just need to make sure I have everything in line to get it all done in time. I'll also need to adjust my "timeline" too to make sure everything's done by noon. I told Dan that I'd need to know if he was planning on leaving early so I could make some calls to make sure we could get our reservations and stuff moved around so hopefully he'll work on that this week.

So far I've got juice boxes and gatorade stashed in the van. I bought another case of water (for the birthday party of course! :rotfl:) and that's in the back of the van. If we need it for the party that's fine, but if not, it's staying in the van for Tuesday. I also think I have most of the food already in the freezer so I just need to put it in the cooler Tuesday morning once we get some ice in there. I did a load of laundry last night and will probably do another tonight so everything will be folded and put away this week. That will give me some time on Saturday to pull out some clothes to start packing the boy's stuff.

I've also got a tote of stuff for the condo ("dry" goods like cereal and stuff, paper products, room temperature food), a big bag of blankets and beach towels and a bag of "disney stuff" already packed from last weekend. That's a pretty good head start! I've got the suitcases hidden in the closet and they should be fine in there once they're packed. I know one will fit in the stow and go part of the van in front of Corbin's seat so if I get the boy's stuff packed this weekend, I might just pack that right into the van since no one would notice that. Once less thing to stash in the house.

I also need to pack the air matress since we're only staying in a one bedroom condo (as of right now). There's a pull out couch but that makes me nervous with the boys. I'd rather they sleep on the air matress. I'm planning on taking two big quilts to cover everything in the back of the van so they can't see what's back there until the time is "right". That will give the boys a blanket for the air matress and an extra blanket to cover up with if they need it which works out good.

I hope all of this rambling makes some kind of sense! :rotfl: I've got too much going on in my little head and too many distractions here today. I'm off to update my lists!

Wow you hae quite a goodplan going !!!! Can't wait to hear what they say when they find out !!!

Aww thank you! I'm sure it will be great once they realize where they're going! A couple of Dan's co-workers are in on the surprise and are working with me to convince him we're going someplace other than Disney. Should be fun!! :cool1:

Good evening Lynn
IT's getting SOOOO close
At time you been next week you be at the MOst magicical place in the World WDW:goodvibes:goodvibes
Doing the 6 day dance!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
That's a new way to make money for Disney Blood money that is:lmao:
I glad you getting a check up though. preventive medicine is a good thing.

Hope that the condo things works out, I too would be stress out about this. Try to remember that it just a place to sleep, because you be spending most of your time at Disney.
I love the quessing the boys are doing and you should get a acadmey award for been such a good actress.
A little white lie is O.K. if it for a good reason.
You really have things planed out well, the hidden totes and plans of where to stash stuff in the van.

I hope you able cross a few thing off your list today.
Take care and don't stress, you planed a awesome surprise for you boys and everthing will work out magical. You'll see:goodvibes
Grace

Are you planning to have the video going when you spill the beans?

That's my plan. See the update below as things are changing due to a ANXIOUS DH! :scared:

Good evening Lynn
IT's getting SOOOO close
At time you been next week you be at the MOst magicical place in the World WDW:goodvibes:goodvibes
Doing the 6 day dance!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
That's a new way to make money for Disney Blood money that is:lmao:
I glad you getting a check up though. preventive medicine is a good thing.

Hope that the condo things works out, I too would be stress out about this. Try to remember that it just a place to sleep, because you be spending most of your time at Disney.
I love the quessing the boys are doing and you should get a acadmey award for been such a good actress.
A little white lie is O.K. if it for a good reason.
You really have things planed out well, the hidden totes and plans of where to stash stuff in the van.

I hope you able cross a few thing off your list today.
Take care and don't stress, you planed a awesome surprise for you boys and everthing will work out magical. You'll see:goodvibes
Grace

Thank you so much for the pixie dust and well wishes everyone!!!

I hate getting blood work done. I had SO much done when I was pregnant because they were worried about some different stuff that I almost pass out now when they have to do it. My friend stood there and talked to me the entire time which helped and I'm alive today so that's good. I've learned to just spit out whatever I can if I think I'm not going to make it so she can try and pull the needle out before I slide out of the chair! :rotfl: I've got a burn on bruise from blood draw on my left arm and a bruise from my TB test and a bruised knucle on my right arm/hand...I look rough today! :rotfl: I was terrified to do the physical because I'm totally a worst case scenario person. If it's terrible, I've thought of it. I just know they're going to come back and tell me there's something terribly wrong with me. That's why I didn't want to do it - if I don't know then I can't worry about it right? :rolleyes1 But I worry either way so at least in about a month I'll know if all these terrible things are wrong with me or if I've been worrying for no reason (which I'm sure is the case!).

Yeah I hope the condo works out. I got an email back from them this morning but their info and the info I was given don't match so now I'm trying to get everything straightened out or cancel so I can book with Tracy if there's anything still left for me to book that I can afford.

I don't know about an award...I hope it all works out in the end - that's what really matters! :goodvibes

I went over my lists again last night and reworked the time line to make sure that I had a plan if Dan asked to leave at noon and if he was still leaving at 4. I was really hoping he'd just work through lunch and leave at 4. Well, I talked to his boss today and he asked to take half a day off this morning! Of course his boss is in on the surprise so he gave Dan a hard time and asked me about it when he got to my office! :cool2: I told Dan's boss it was fine but now I'm starting to stress about getting everything done in time before he gets home!

I think I can pack most of the boy's stuff on Saturday while he's at work. So long as I turn on a Disney show (they LOVE the Travel Channel shows about Disney!), I can pretty much do anything. It's hillarious though to watch with them because (I hate to admit this!) they know the words and can say exactly what the show's saying! :rotfl2: It is funny but I think it's a sign that we watch Disney shows WAY too much at our house!

I've got my "To Buy" list down quite a bit actually which is great! There are only a couple of things I really HAVE TO get - milk and bread - before we leave. I'm pretty sure I can pick that stuff up on Saturday and stick the milk in the back of the fridge and stick the bread with the other stuff I'm taking.

I've also got to get the boy's hair cuts before we leave too. They really need them so I'm thinking that's going to have to happen on Saturday as well. Dan's taking the boy's to the library Friday night to get their stamp for reading so they'll get new books then - one less thing for me to have to worry about!

With Dan leaving work at noon, I'm going to have to have everything finished and in the van by 11:30 so he doesn't see anything! That only gives me three and a half hours Tuesday morning to get everything finished. I want to make the birthday cake Saturday so I don't have to take everything to make it there but I'm afraid it will be yucky by Tuesday when we leave. That's going to have to go in the oven first thing Tuesday morning as soon as Dan's out the door! I'm going to have to make sure I get everything all done tonight when I get home and that everything I need is on my list so I don't forget anything! My memory's terrible so I need it all to be on the lists!

I have two stubborn cold sores that I cannot get rid of! I'm on my third refill of the drugs and they're still hanging on so hopefully they'll be gone soon! I'm thinking I might have to go to the dr tomorrow or Monday to get something else so I'm not fighting with them the entire time we're away. I don't want a bunch of pictures of me with my "super herpes!".

I've decided (I think!) against photopass this time. I'd love to as I love photopass but with the price increase it's just not reasonable anymore at all. I'll still do the card while we're there and probably claim them on line but also ask for pictures with my camera too so I'll have them both ways.

I'm thinking I might have to go get another SD card for my camera. I have three but there's something wrong with 2 of them and I know one won't last me since I generally go through about one every half day. We've always taken our laptop and transferred them off but we still don't have a laptop so that won't work this time. There's a "business center" at the resort so I'm hoping I can transfer the pictures from my camera to my portable hard drive thing - that would be ideal! I can stop in there once a day and do that. Then I'd only need like one more memory card for the camera. I'm also going to bring my "broken" cards in. One of our computer guys (like I don't bug them enough already) is a photographer so he might be able to tell me what's wrong with the cards and reformat them or something so they'll work for me without having to buy new ones.....add it to my list! :rotfl:

Tonight's our Auxiliary meeting so nothing will get done at home tonight! Tomorrow Dan's taking the boys to the library so I'll be able to clean and do what needs to be done (hopefully!). My saving grace will be Saturday while Dan's at work for sure. I'll hopefully get the boy's stuff packed, groceries picked up, fill the van with gas and clean it out and hair cuts done. Those are the big things that I need to check off the list. The more I can get done the better! That will leave me to pack Dan and myself Tuesday morning (I can start on my stuff on Saturday and put the rest in Tuesday), pack the van and get ice for the cooler basically. And bake the cake of course! I found super cute Cars sprinkles and candles at Publix yesterday so I've got those packed up to decorate the cake with. Should be great! I'll be a nervous wreck Tuesday I'm sure!

So the plan, as it stands is to leave about 12:30 on Tuesday. I think we'll stop at the FL visitor's center for a potty break and when they come back out to the car (weather permitting), we'll stop at a picnic table so they can open their cards and see where we're going. (I need to make the puzzles for this!) I'll "tape" them on the camera while they're opening the cards so I'll have their reactions forever! (they better be good!) Then, I'm sure Dan will drive like a mad man to get us to Disney as quickly as possible! That's a little sooner than our 2 hour time frame previously given but I think I'll be ready to burst at that point!! When we get back to the van, I'll uncover the stuff in the back and let Dan know he wont' be back at work until Monday! :yay: He might be a little ticked off that I did all this without him knowing a stitch of what's going on but that's ok. (see I told you "worst case" - that's me!) This morning I actually thought about if he's going to be mad that I spent the money to go to Disney instead of buy a computer......who'd be mad they got to go to Disney for their birthday???? But that's the things I think of! :rolleyes1 I'm a little strange like that!

Dan will be totally perplexed because he thinks we're going to Charleston which is the total opposite direction from where we're actually going! Then we'll probably stop for lunch and get back on the road!

Alright....I need to try and find some motivation. It's hard to work when you know you're leaving in 5 days for DISNEY!!!! :woohoo::yay::cool1:

I'll probably be back....it's so very hard to work. Monday's going to be torture!! :surfweb:

I've decided (I think!) against photopass this time. I'd love to as I love photopass but with the price increase it's just not reasonable anymore at all. I'll still do the card while we're there and probably claim them on line but also ask for pictures with my camera too so I'll have them both ways.

I am pretty sure if you pre order the CD the price is still $99.95. Here is the link. Sounds like you have a great plan, make sure to breathe though ok?

I am pretty sure if you pre order the CD the price is still $99.95. Here is the link. Sounds like you have a great plan, make sure to breathe though ok?

Well YAY!! I'll just have to check that out! :goodvibes I'll try to remember to breathe! I'll have to add it to the list! :rotfl:

There was a small "issue" with the condo but I believe it's been resolved at this time. I was given one set of information from the "broker" (I guess that's what it's called) and yet another set from the property. Well, some emails and time on hold and it looks like everything's resolved in my favor which is good! I've got the emails so there should be NO problems when we check in.

Well the calls keep coming in for Corbin's birthday party! We've got about 22 kids RSVP'd and about 45 people in all (parents and kiddos). Should be one heck of a party! I've decided (because I can) that we're going to open gifts once everyone's gone. That many gifts (assuming everyone brings one - which they don't need to; I've went out of my way to make sure they knew they didn't need to and it was about getting the kids together not gifts) it will take forever and they won't want to sit through all that fuss. I also know a couple of kids are not bringing gifts and don't want to have any hurt feelings. The kids will be more interested in playing so that's what we'll do! We have hot dogs and chips for lunch/dinner and cupcakes and popsicles for dessert. That should be good! Other than that, they're free to roam and do whatever. I've got to clean out the pool and refill that so they can play and I'm going to put the slip and slide out so they'll have that to play in. (I should have bought two of the pools when they were on sale!) I'm also going to pull out the tote with tatoos and the kids can go crazy with those (so long as it's ok with their mom and dad) and probably the bubbles and side walk chalk. Hopefully a couple of hours outside will tire them all out and all us parents will have a nice easy night Sunday night! :rotfl::rotfl2: That's my goal of course! :thumbsup2

How could Dan be mad about his sweet wife being so thoughtful on his birthday? :confused3
If he gets mad, you can plan my birthday at Disney next year!!! :rotfl:
You are going to be a busy woman on Tues. Just try and keep your cool. It'll work out. If you don't get the cake made, you can stop at a store and buy one. All you need is a small one.
I'm curious about a friend/acquantance who just goes ahead and books a condo for you without your permission? What?? I hope everything with the accomodations works out.

How could Dan be mad about his sweet wife being so thoughtful on his birthday? :confused3
If he gets mad, you can plan my birthday at Disney next year!!! :rotfl:
You are going to be a busy woman on Tues. Just try and keep your cool. It'll work out. If you don't get the cake made, you can stop at a store and buy one. All you need is a small one.
I'm curious about a friend/acquantance who just goes ahead and books a condo for you without your permission? What?? I hope everything with the accomodations works out.

I would so plan your party! :goodvibes AND, we'd have a GREAT time! I'll tell Dan to call you if he complains! :rotfl:

Oh yes it's gonna be busy! I re-worked my list last night and tried to make sure I get as much done on Saturday as I possibly can. I want to leave on the "must do" things for Tuesday if possible. It's gonna be busy from here on out I think - until next Tuesday night at least!

HA! I can't say too much without probably getting myself into some trouble but I mentioned something while the woman was waiting for a co-worker. Within an hour or so of her leaving, she'd called me back to say she was able to "help us out".....I think that's about all I can say (I just don't want hurt feelings or anything.....I really think they were trying to "help" but it wasn't the "right" thing to do in the situation - at least IMO). Hopefully that makes the mud a little more clear! :rotfl:

Alright.....pictures below since we only have

4 more days!!​
:cool1::banana::banana::banana::dance3::yay::woohoo:

Here's Daddy and his boys on Father's Day:

Morenewpictures008.jpg

Tell me this face doesn't SCREAM trouble!!

Morenewpictures026.jpg

Smores!

Morenewpictures056.jpg

Morenewpictures058.jpg

Carter trying to blow out his sparkler:

Morenewpictures076.jpg

Corbin - before the burn!

Morenewpictures078.jpg

Yes he's really sleeping.....yes my child's obsessed with Disney!!!

Morenewpictures081.jpg

The boys LOVE to wear their "snowy hats".....they hated them in MI!

Morenewpictures083.jpg

So I had to "break in" to the safe last night - I can never remember how to open it! So, I just push buttons until it opens and keep turning the key...it usually eventually works in the end! :rotfl: (which should scare me that someone could just get into it if they wanted....the boys have actually gotten it open when trying to get their "treasure" out - now that's safe! :scared1: )

Once I broke in as quietly as I could (so Dan wouldn't wonder what I was trying to get out of the safe), I started digging around for our tickets, gift cards and Corbin's birth certificate. Well, I found the tickets, tables in wonderland card and 2 gift cards! :cool1: What I cannot find......Corbin's birth certificate!

I literally pulled EVERYTHING out of that crazy safe and looked at every piece of paper. Then I put it all back in and thought about what to do now...... :headache:

:idea:

Then an idea....I asked Dan what happened to it! :rotfl: I'd recalled him having it out when we were in the midst of trying to register Corbin for school and now it's missing. He, of course, didn't remember what he did with it.

Back to the safe to crack it again! I went through every piece of paper again and it was not there. So, I went back out and asked Dan if he could PLEASE find it. He assured me he'd find it in the morning (today). So, I woke up and asked if he'd found it yet.....that didn't go so well! :scared:

I calmly explained that I NEED the birth certificate for a discount on the special birthday dinner and if not, we'll have to pay full price which is something I don't do! :rotfl2:

The current "plan" is to rip the house apart tonight and find that darned piece of paper. Dan's also going to call his mom and see if it's possible that she go and pick up a copy from the courthouse and over night it to me here at work so I'll have it on Monday....what a freaking disaster! I'm sure that will cost us an arm and a leg at this point. I think last time we needed a copy (we never got the original one they mailed) Dan or I had to pick it up and it took weeks and it was like $35....what a rip off! I hope Dan's mom can get soemthing today....

It's not a HUGE loss if we can't find it. He'll still be at Disney and be happy. We just won't have his gift card which was a huge reason for us to go since we wouldn't really need "spending money" he and Dan would have the cards.

Ugh! So I'm praying and bathing in pixie dust hoping I'll be able to find it. I'm sure I just over looked it in the safe or something and Dan will open it and find it the first thing he looks at. That's usually how it works!

Ok I have a ton of work to get done today and no motivation - my brain is in other places for sure today! Hopefully I'll get through it all and Tuesday will be here before I know it!

Ok I'm taking a "Disney lunch" today. :goodvibes

Here's the updated plan for our time at the park as it stands right now:

7/14 Leave SC and head to FL. NO ONE will know at this point! I plan on stopping about Jacksonville area (FL welcome center if I really can't keep the secret in any longer!) to give them their birthday cards to "reveal" the surprise!!! Let the fun begin!

7/15 BIRTHDAY DAY for DH and DS4/5 7:15 ADRS at CM for breakfast then hit the MK (we've never seen the rope drop there) for as long as we can stand it (heat and crowds). Back to the condo for some rest then to Epcot for the evening to try and watch Illuminations

7/16 This day I'm not sure on......the choices are either TL (never been but thought it would be a good idea due to it being the middle of summer) or DHS in the morning and MK in the evening for Wishes (or watch it from the beach at the Poly). I'm worried about getting our money's worth from TL (we don't currently have tickets for this but would get a discount with our APs and not sure how long the kids would be entertained there) and about crowd levels (generally throughout the entire trip!).

7/17 ADR at TH at 8:00 then AK for as long as we can stand it. After heading back to the condo for some rest and lunch, we'll head to DHS in the evening to try and see Fantasmic.

7/18 DHS in the morning for TSM and whatever else the kids want to do. After getting some lunch and resting at the condo, we'll head to MK to watch Wishes (my favorite!).

7/19 Either MK or DHS in the morning then time to hit the road and get back to reality...

Here's the "plan" as it stands right now! (knowing that things could change at any minute! :rotfl: )

7/14 Leave SC by 12:30 and hit the road! Stop at FL Welcome Center and break the news of the "special dinner" and plans for the rest of the week! :cool1: Check in to the condo about 5:30 or 6. Start something for dinner while Dan works on unpacking the van (it's his turn to work now!). Dinner and bed for everyone as we have an early morning!

7/15 BIRTHDAY DAY for DH and DS4/5 7:15 ADRS at CM for breakfast then hit the MK (we've never seen the rope drop there) for as long as we can stand it (heat and crowds). Back to the condo for some rest then to Epcot for the evening to try and watch Illuminations

7/16 DHS in the morning and MK in the evening for Wishes (or watch it from the beach at the Poly). I think we're going to skip TL this time due to my stupid cold sores that I cannot get rid of! But in Dec, I'm going darn it!

7/17 ADR at TH at 8:00 then AK for as long as we can stand it. After heading back to the condo for some rest and lunch, we'll head to DHS in the evening to try and see Fantasmic.

7/18 DHS in the morning for TSM and whatever else the kids want to do. After getting some lunch and resting at the condo, we'll head to MK to watch Wishes (my favorite!).

7/19 Either MK or DHS in the morning. I'm thinking probably MK since the boys love the rides there the most and I want to leave on a REALLY happy note since it's a happy trip! We'll probably also hit DTD as the boys might have money on their gift cards left to spend! We'll probably be back on the road by about 2 at the latest so we're back at a reasonable time to get everything out of the van and try to get some sleep before heading to work the next morning!

That's how it stands right now....again, not saying it can't/won't change but that's my plan! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter