(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has anyone experience been with getting a room upgrade to a deluxe room at the time of check in? I would be willing to pay for it is this something i should call about ahead of time or just see If i can get it when i check in?

We were on 4th floor

We were in BPK earlier this month (3rd floor) and had a nice view of fireworks from our room too (I also posted pictures earlier in this thread). I think a fireworks view even if over another building is really nice for a garden view room and from our room we could see part the EWP a little as a side view, not to shabby really...

Awesome views! BPK...hmmmm, need to go check out some more :).

I've been trying to read and read and read...our first stay at the GF is coming up in November - we're attending the D23 event and got great rates that we couldn't pass up. We're booked as Garden View - Outer Building. I see I can make room requests online, but not sure what to ask for other than Water View. Any insights/tips for a complete newbie to the GF?

Thanks.

Also, do you recall your room number? If you prefer not to post it, can you send me a private message? I am looking to get a room to the left of that, to clear the pool house view.

We were in room 9322, it's the first room right off the elevator on the third floor, you probably wouldn't have to worry about getting that room though since you don't want the obstructed pool view unless you booked a handicap accessible room because our room had a roll in shower (that is what we booked) but probably any of the rooms to the left of that have a pretty good view!

How has anyone experience been with getting a room upgrade to a deluxe room at the time of check in? I would be willing to pay for it is this something i should call about ahead of time or just see If i can get it when i check in?
I would phone reservations and see if there are any available if that's what you want, and book it.

We leave in 5 days for our trip - staying at VGF for the first time! Cannot wait. I rented points and all I know is that we are getting a lake view studio

We rented points and stayed for the 1st time the beginning of September. We absolutely loved VGF! I didn't think my husband would like it, but he said when we go back we have to stay there again :)
Enjoy your trip!!!

Last edited:
Grand Floridian Pros! When does the Grand Floridian put up their Christmas decorations? Is the Gingerbread house immediately put up or would this be later than the other Christmas decorations!

Grand Floridian Pros! When does the Grand Floridian put up their Christmas decorations? Is the Gingerbread house immediately put up or would this be later than the other Christmas decorations!

It's different every year, but definitely up by the Saturday of Thanksgiving Weekend. The Deluxes are in a lottery to decide the order in which they are decorated. Once the results are in, WDW does not release this information.

It's different every year, but definitely up by the Saturday of Thanksgiving Weekend. The Deluxes are in a lottery to decide the order in which they are decorated. Once the results are in, WDW does not release this information.

Ok so the gingerbread house may not be up, but even the regular decorations for xmas may not be up until Thanksgiving? Has this ever happened, do we know?

Sorry I'm a bit late on this response. We did get one upgrade over all the years we stayed at the GF. We were booked into a Garden View, and were upgraded to SL CL. We were hooked on CL after that!

However, from what I have heard about CL, I don't think I would book that category anymore.

Just did my 60 day online check-in

Like others have said the building requests are gone.

From people who have done it recently whats the best to do? Call? how far in advanced did you call to make the building requests?

thanks

Just did my 60 day online check-in

Like others have said the building requests are gone.

From people who have done it recently whats the best to do? Call? how far in advanced did you call to make the building requests?

thanks
You can make the building request as soon as you make the reservation, if you want. We added our request a month or two ago for our December trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter