(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
At GF standard views include garden, pool and marina views. I can't think of any parking lot views at GF outer buildings.
Thank you! Is there any building or floor that is preferable? We typically try to request a high floor for the views but a 1st floor may be nice if we can walk right out of our room to the pool etc.

Less than 3 weeks now, very excited. What do the walls look like around the lake? Is it still like a rope type fence, or an actual wall? Just wondered how difficult it is to see the lake (as I'm walking along the path with a coffee in the morning)?

Less than 3 weeks now, very excited. What do the walls look like around the lake? Is it still like a rope type fence, or an actual wall? Just wondered how difficult it is to see the lake (as I'm walking along the path with a coffee in the morning)?

As far as I know, there is no wall. They have rocks to replace the sandy beach but nothing to obstruct the view.

We will be staying at the Grand Floridian next week. Super excited! First time staying there in a DVC villa. party:
We are also staying one night at the Polynesian in the Bungalow and one night at the Boardwalk.
Lots of resort hopping, but for a last-minute planned trip we are happy with the resorts where we are staying.

To my friends in the South and at the GF, stay safe!

Have a Grand day!

Hello all..Its been quite a while since I have had the chance to pop in..have actually skimmed a bit here and there...but that it..In any case..things seem to be finally slowing down some...and I happy to have a chance to try and catch up..and say :wave2:..

Our next trip is less than 2 months away..recently made our FPP...and am beginning to really count down! :dance3:

Been following the weather reports...and sharing the same sentiment as MommyGina...to all those in the path of the storm..and those at the the world right now...

Thank you! Is there any building or floor that is preferable? We typically try to request a high floor for the views but a 1st floor may be nice if we can walk right out of our room to the pool etc.

The first floor balconies at the GF are enclosed by railing...there are no patios like there are at the Poly and CR....A fave outer building of ours for GV..with lovely inner courtyard pool views is Boca Chica...and for a GV that overlooks the marina..yes marina view at the GF is in the GV category :thumbsup2...is Conch Key...There is a map and also a photographic walking tour of the grounds right on the firsst page of this thread..:goodvibes

As pp stated..there are no walls along the beach...there is still some sandy beach..and an expanse of rocks jutting out into the water..along with the rope fencing ...which all actually blends in very nicely...I think that I have some pics from our last trip...I will look through my pics and if I have some will come back and post them...:thumbsup2

Sue A bit delayed...but wanted to say how very nice it was to get to say Hi you, your lovely DD and your friends! :goodvibes

Off to catch up some more....:earsgirl:

Can anyone tell me which is a better request, Boca Chica or Conch Key? We have a theme park view room.

Both are very nice...but..I think that Conch is just a bit better..:lovestruc

So they ever offer discounts on a viila at VGF?

I don't recall seeing VGF included..but that might be changing now that its not the newest DVC...

Hey guys. We'll be checking into RPC in 25 days! I am so excited! We've never stayed at GF or CL and it will just be DH & I for a WEEK!! :cloud9: Anyone know the timing of the Gingerbread House? Will we be able to at least watch them build it or will the first week of Nov be too early still? If so, how about the following week? Thanks!

The gingerbread house usually begins to go up in early November....and opens around the middle of that month...so it seems that you will be missing it by a few weeks...:headache:

I like Big Pine Key and Boca Chica, central location around Courtyard pool. We like floors 3 or 4. The ground floor rooms you can't walk off patio to pool. They are set up like balconies, not open. You have to go out of your room to hall and exit normally. Be sure to ask for unobstructed view, not behind pool house.

Disneys-Grand-Floridian-Resort-and-Spa_Full_28465.jpg

It pretty much looks like this now with netting between the ropes ... all the way to the Poly

Thanks so much for posting the picture. It looks kind of neat actually. I was a bit worried at first when I heard about a wall going up, but that's not too bad at all.

Hello all..Its been quite a while since I have had the chance to pop in..have actually skimmed a bit here and there...but that it..In any case..things seem to be finally slowing down some...and I happy to have a chance to try and catch up..and say :wave2:..

Our next trip is less than 2 months away..recently made our FPP...and am beginning to really count down! :dance3:

Been following the weather reports...and sharing the same sentiment as MommyGina...to all those in the path of the storm..and those at the the world right now...
Hi Blue...have been skimming myself lately, and missing you here. Wishing I had another trip planned before the end of the year, but right now nothing is in the works. :(

Thanks so much for posting the picture. It looks kind of neat actually. I was a bit worried at first when I heard about a wall going up, but that's not too bad at all.
It's really not bad .... the net/rope/fence and rocks go pretty much to the Villas where there are just the rocks along the existing pathway

0AAF4236-9CA4-4A22-80CB-3D0F9FD20645_zpsekntovdm.jpg

Hey, all! We have reached our 60 day mark! Hmm, I thought fastpasses were available. They won't let me look past November, though. Perhaps I have made a boo boo somewhere along the line.:oops:

Thank you for posting the beach photos, elaw. They have solved that particular problem rather nicely. The additions don't seem to detract too much from the area. We'll see for ourselves in December!

Hi Blue...have been skimming myself lately, and missing you here. Wishing I had another trip planned before the end of the year, but right now nothing is in the works. :(

grannyminnie :hug:..Thanks for the kind words!!! Sorry that you dont have a trip planned to look forward to...Hoping that you will...soon!

Hi Blue! :wave: So glad we got to meet!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hey, all! We have reached our 60 day mark! Hmm, I thought fastpasses were available. They won't let me look past November, though. Perhaps I have made a boo boo somewhere along the line.:oops:

Thank you for posting the beach photos, elaw. They have solved that particular problem rather nicely. The additions don't seem to detract too much from the area. We'll see for ourselves in December!

You migth be a day of two off...on your 60 day mark...the dates for booking should open at 7am...:thumbsup2 Hope that you get all of your FPP...we were able to get FEA ( I booked that day first....)even though it is later in the trip...but not 7DMT??? ..but our MK day is on the 2nd day of our trip....so we will just have to keep checking...

I agree elaw thanks for sharing your photos...they really do show what a nice job that they did adding that additional fencing and barrier rocks...

Hope that everyone in the storms path is staying safe...:earsgirl:

we are very excited that we will be styaign at the Grand for our 10 year anniversary next year!

We got a Outer Building Garden View - we are very excited

can anyone give us more info?

You migth be a day of two off...on your 60 day mark...the dates for booking should open at 7am...:thumbsup2 Hope that you get all of your FPP...we were able to get FEA ( I booked that day first....)even though it is later in the trip...but not 7DMT??? ..but our MK day is on the 2nd day of our trip....so we will just have to keep checking...

.:earsgirl:

Thanks, Blue. 7am Orlando time was 11 pm last night for us. The system seemed to be down. Not surprising considering all that was going on. Our thoughts and prayers were with the people of Florida etc. What a shocking time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter