(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has anyone experience been with getting a room upgrade to a deluxe room at the time of check in? I would be willing to pay for it is this something i should call about ahead of time or just see If i can get it when i check in?
We've been extremely fortunate and been blessed with upgrades our last 3 visits ... our last has occurred during our current stay. We didn't ask for an upgrade for any of our visits so I can't really comment on the best time.

Our latest room upgrade ... Thank you Grand Floridian staff!

We are looking into GF for the first time in January. Can someone please point me in the direction of any post that explains the room types? On touring plans I see very few Standard rooms and other Garden View rooms. I think we have decided (based on prior posts) that Lagoon View and TPV are not worth the extra $. Does booking a Garden view exclude parking lot views? We will be booking outer building queen beds for sure (we usually stay at The Poly and like the feel of the smaller buildings). Thanks!

We are looking into GF for the first time in January. Can someone please point me in the direction of any post that explains the room types? On touring plans I see very few Standard rooms and other Garden View rooms. I think we have decided (based on prior posts) that Lagoon View and TPV are not worth the extra $. Does booking a Garden view exclude parking lot views? We will be booking outer building queen beds for sure (we usually stay at The Poly and like the feel of the smaller buildings). Thanks!

I don't know if it matters to you, but we always book lagoon view so we can watch the water pageant from our patio/balcony. It's one of my favorite things in WDW! As for room types, the first post on this thread gives a rundown of each of the buildings with room types for each if that helps. Not sure of the parking lot question, however.

I'm at the VGF now for the first time and I am never going to stay anywhere else from this point on. We have a studio villa with a lake view. Magic kingdom on one side and the wedding pavilion/Polynesian on the other. Everything about this place is magical

I hope we have the same awesome view Thanksgiving week! Can't wait!

We had room 4320 on the 3rd floor of the Main Building (RPC) the week ending 9/24 and below are some pics. It's at the start of the hallway right by the concierge desks and the elevators. We could hear the people in the room next to us through the connecting door. The balcony overlooked a very busy entrance and we looked at the pool. We were able to see the Wishes/MNSSHP fireworks from the room, but during the day it was too noisy to really relax out there. The balcony doors are wood and didn't close completely so we had to override the sensors for the A/C because we walked into a hot and stuffy room our first night. Room size was nice and I liked RPC ok, but I like a nice quiet cup of coffee on the balcony in the morning and this was way too "middle of the action" for me.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I am staying at GF for the first time in December. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get a ride to Hollywood Studios? We are going to be park hopping and headed to MK in the AM and will prob look to leave for HS around 3. Do you have to line up prior or do buses come frequently? Thank you!

We had room 4320 on the 3rd floor of the Main Building (RPC) the week ending 9/24 and below are some pics. It's at the start of the hallway right by the concierge desks and the elevators. We could hear the people in the room next to us through the connecting door. The balcony overlooked a very busy entrance and we looked at the pool. We were able to see the Wishes/MNSSHP fireworks from the room, but during the day it was too noisy to really relax out there. The balcony doors are wood and didn't close completely so we had to override the sensors for the A/C because we walked into a hot and stuffy room our first night. Room size was nice and I liked RPC ok, but I like a nice quiet cup of coffee on the balcony in the morning and this was way too "middle of the action" for me.
View attachment 198589 View attachment 198590 View attachment 198591 View attachment 198592 View attachment 198593 View attachment 198594

Did you book a deluxe queen in RPC ? 4320 is a deluxe queen. If you book that category often you might like those on the atrium side as they face the Poly/Lagoon and are a bit more quiet with no connecting door. Room numbers are 4322,4422 they are a different shape but are much quieter.

Did you book a deluxe queen in RPC ? 4320 is a deluxe queen. If you book that category often you might like those on the atrium side as they face the Poly/Lagoon and are a bit more quiet with no connecting door. Room numbers are 4322,4422 they are a different shape but are much quieter.
We booked a Deluxe in RPC. Requested King and Water view (pool view was a separate option) and got neither.

Hey guys. We'll be checking into RPC in 25 days! I am so excited! We've never stayed at GF or CL and it will just be DH & I for a WEEK!! :cloud9: Anyone know the timing of the Gingerbread House? Will we be able to at least watch them build it or will the first week of Nov be too early still? If so, how about the following week? Thanks!

At GF standard views include garden, pool and marina views. I can't think of any parking lot views at GF outer buildings.

There's a parking lot view at the villas that you risk getting if you book standard. I did online check-in as soon as it was available and managed to avoid it. Ended up with a great pool view at the other end of the building in 1403.

Can anyone tell me which is a better request, Boca Chica or Conch Key? We have a theme park view room.

We prefer Boca Chica. Best view of the water pageant and you can see MK. Have not stayed in Conch and I'm sure it's also great but BC is along more of the shoreline so you have more of a chance for views ;)

Hey guys. We'll be checking into RPC in 25 days! I am so excited! We've never stayed at GF or CL and it will just be DH & I for a WEEK!! :cloud9: Anyone know the timing of the Gingerbread House? Will we be able to at least watch them build it or will the first week of Nov be too early still? If so, how about the following week? Thanks!

If I remember correctly, it will be too early. They may be starting to clear the way but I don't think you will see anything substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter