2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice!! But I don't understand that contraption on night table!:rolleyes:

I don't get it either, however, the middle shelf was useful for glasses, kindle or even a drinking glass. Think a shelf would have served the same purpose and been more appealing. The footstools, I am sure, are here to stay as they are attached to the nightstand. :confused3

The rest of the room is simply lovely. The bathroom tile is great. I love the colors in the room. Although, will be interested to see how the new carpeting holds up. They did a smart thing on the dresser and nightstand as the tops are made from a solid surface material. We just loved the room and the new lounge is really roomy and wonderful. Also, the CM's were just so helpful and friendly. We had a wonderful stay. :goodvibes

Rebecca

Hubby and I are currently staying CL in the BC from Jan 31 - Feb 6 to celebrate our 45th anniversary!!! However, I am really second guessing our choice! It is about $30 per day for the same Lagoon or pool view at the YC. Should we switch? Balcony, room view and proximity to the lounge/elevators is really important to us for this trip! Any construction is a problem because we expect to spend a lot of time relaxing in the pool, on our balcony and at the lounge. Also, we expect to sleep late most days.

Thanks for any thoughts/opinions!

Deciding on resorts in WDW is the best worst problem to have, isn't it?

Staying at BC end of Jan 2015.
With pool rehab, a bit bummed.
Did anyone ever send in a fax request?
When we have stayed on property elsewhere we have and requests have been granted.
Thoughts?

I think this applies for both of your situations. While nothing is guaranteed at Disney, of course, I have stayed at most of the deluxe resorts and I have to say BC/YC has always been extremely helpful to accommodate my requests. To be fair, none of the deluxe resorts have been bad at doing so, by any means, but with both of my BC/YC stays I have spoken with them at check-in and was given the absolute perfect room for my requests. My last BC stay in Oct. I was even upgraded to a garden view/partial boardwalk view (and a full balcony) since I had booked through rundisney they only offered standard view rooms at the discount. The earlier you are arriving also gives you more chances to request a new room.

As for YC vs. BC, I am admittedly more of a YC person (and I CANNOT WAIT to see the remodel over there!) but for now, I would go BC for the new rooms. I still think YC rooms are some of my favorites on property, but you can't beat a newly remodeled room. The YC may have some better lounges for you, with Yachtsman right there and it being closer to the Swan/Dolphin. But that is more of a minimal walking difference. And really, I'd recommend trying them all out anyways! (Including across the water at the Boardwalk, theirs is lovely).

I don't get it either, however, the middle shelf was useful for glasses, kindle or even a drinking glass. Think a shelf would have served the same purpose and been more appealing. The footstools, I am sure, are here to stay as they are attached to the nightstand. :confused3

The rest of the room is simply lovely. The bathroom tile is great. I love the colors in the room. Although, will be interested to see how the new carpeting holds up. They did a smart thing on the dresser and nightstand as the tops are made from a solid surface material. We just loved the room and the new lounge is really roomy and wonderful. Also, the CM's were just so helpful and friendly. We had a wonderful stay. :goodvibes

Rebecca

I didn't notice the foot stool :laughing: our BC stay we had a GV room in the courtyard with volleyball court, and found out on our last night we had a great view of Illuminations :faint: we were in our room packing!!!
I agree, we found the CL CMs so nice. Especially the ones at the desk. They noticed how much my daughter enjoyed the taffy in the bowl on their desk, so when we were leaving, they gave her an entire bag to take home!!

Our YC stay, I think we may have been able to see Wishes, but again, we were never in room at the right time!!

First stay at the Yacht Club coming up! (Still a ways away though) I got a Magical deal and I'll be staying from Aug 27-30. Standard view room (but hoping for something at least a little decent!)

Rebecca...so glad to hear you had a great stay and thanks for sharing the pics...love it and will be looking forward to seeing it first hand next October :).

I'm soooooo glad they were able to move me. I can only imagine how much the garbage area would stink in the hot August weather.

They were able to move us the next day. The description for SV on Disney's website should really reflect the service area as a possibility. I only knew about it because of the dis.

Thank you for the pics, Rebecca. The rooms look gorgeous! I agree the stool is odd. But since I'll have a three-year-old along next trip, it might serve to keep things out of her reach.

We leave in 2 days!! Sooo excited and I have so much to organize!!

We are leaving Canada and heading to Albany, NY for a preflight night then up early for our flight and we have a 4 night stay at CSR with our DD14's basketball team who will be playing at the ESPN centre. Then our BC stay begins!! It still feels surreal to think that we are spending Christmas at Disney and staying in my dream resort!

I think this applies for both of your situations. While nothing is guaranteed at Disney, of course, I have stayed at most of the deluxe resorts and I have to say BC/YC has always been extremely helpful to accommodate my requests. To be fair, none of the deluxe resorts have been bad at doing so, by any means, but with both of my BC/YC stays I have spoken with them at check-in and was given the absolute perfect room for my requests. My last BC stay in Oct. I was even upgraded to a garden view/partial boardwalk view (and a full balcony) since I had booked through rundisney they only offered standard view rooms at the discount. The earlier you are arriving also gives you more chances to request a new room.

As for YC vs. BC, I am admittedly more of a YC person (and I CANNOT WAIT to see the remodel over there!) but for now, I would go BC for the new rooms. I still think YC rooms are some of my favorites on property, but you can't beat a newly remodeled room. The YC may have some better lounges for you, with Yachtsman right there and it being closer to the Swan/Dolphin. But that is more of a minimal walking difference. And really, I'd recommend trying them all out anyways! (Including across the water at the Boardwalk, theirs is lovely).

Thank you for your insightful opinion! This is exactly the reasoning that I used to book the BC! I confess to a real curiosity to see the new lounge and rooms there. The pictures all look lovely!
However, the YC is the perfect Epcot resort, IMO. We love the decor, location and amenities. The atmosphere here appeals to us and we find the location very convenient.

For this trip, I think that we will go with your advice and keep the reservation for the newly renovated room at the BC. It will appease my curiosity and will save a little ($30 per night difference).

I can certainly understand wanting a full balcony and the YC is the best way to achieve that.

It sounds like you have a WV room booked. If you are in a BC CL GV room, or can switch, I believe all of those rooms have full balconies and nice views, although not as pretty as a view of Crescent Lake or SAB. With the renovations to the lounge and rooms, I would consider that.

Good luck with your decision!

:goodvibes

:)

Thank you for your helpful comments!

Actually we have a lagoon/pool view booked at the BC CL. I have been wondering if there are any Juliet balconies on the 5th floor with this view. The ones around the back door all seem to have dormer room type balconies which are smaller and enclosed, but at least have seating for two people. It is really only the Juliet balconies (that would stop us from sitting down and relaxing together with a coffee or glass of wine outside) that we would find disappointing.

Would you try to change to a garden view? It wasn't an option with the discount when I booked or I probably would have gone that route. I would prefer GV to pool view. It would likely be more peaceful than a view of Stormalong Bay especially. It seems odd to me that Disney groups pool view with lagoon view. It should really be grouped with garden view or in its own category, IMO. The only view less desirable than pool view would be standard view (again JMO).

A huge factor is the newly renovated rooms at the BC. I am very curious to see one of these and the newly renovated lounge. This is the real reason that we are staying in BC instead of the YC this time around.

Thank you for your help!

First stay at the Yacht Club coming up! (Still a ways away though) I got a Magical deal and I'll be staying from Aug 27-30. Standard view room (but hoping for something at least a little decent!)

Excited for you!!! But you need to know that all standard view rooms will be either a roof or a parking lot. If it is more "decent" than that it is not classified as standard view. I don't want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

I don't have any wisdom to add about the Brita filters, but I did want to say I loved your story about the excitement prior to your stay and desire to return. Please continue to hang around here, either as an active participant or a lurker, while you plot for the next visit.

:)

Well, we were actually flying to MA to visit family for Thanksgiving. We're just about 6 weeks away from our Disney trip! I still have lots of time to remind my husband how cool it is, before we go. :rolleyes1

And to add to the excitement, I just changed jobs (semi-voluntarily) and work locations. Luckily, it came with the promise that all previously approved vacation time would be honored. I took care of this trip on my first day!

I also lost my Brita water bottle coupon, too.

Thinking of switching our reservation over to the YC for this coming August. We have stayed at the BC, but never the YC. Is it like the BC where I would need to request a full balcony? Anything else I should know about the YC? It will be myself, DHS, DS13 and dS6mo. Still trying to decide if I should book standard or garden. Basically I'm looking for a room close to SAB and transportation.

Have you seen information about the daybeds? I haven't heard any news about whether the sleeping configurations have changed, but I think that in some of the rooms where it is possible to add a daybed or sleeper chair, that may be happening. I hope so. I travel with my two teenage boys and they don't like to sleep in the same bed, so I know what you are talking about!

I had asked earlier if there were any hints of adding daybeds to rooms and I believe someone thought that it probably wouldn't happen because some of the rooms could not be configured that way. Then I saw someone post pictures of their newly renovated room and it had a desk in the area where the daybed usually is, so I've been almost ready to give up hope:sad1:. So...you think maybe they might be adding daybeds to some rooms? I sure hope so! BC has long been our favorite resort but lately we've been gravitating to the Poly mainly due to the large rooms that all include a daybed. Vacations are truly rough when a family of 4 has 2 older kids and cannot squash into 2 smaller/queen beds for a comfortable sleep!

Is there a way to find out how many rooms have added daybeds on the 5th floor since that floor is done? Last trip I booked a Lagoon View room CL and didn't get a daybed -- I would rather pay for a lesser view and have a better chance of getting a daybed.

We are at 29 Days until we check in and it hit me last night when I was doing some tinkering to our itinerary at how convenient it will be for us with Epcot and DHS.

Just an example: on January 13 it's our MK day (1/2 day). I have it so we come back around noon and hang around the pool have some of those famous Sunken Treasures or two (or three :thumbsup2), and then relax before we walk over to Epcot and the Behind the Seeds Tour and finish up with dinner at Rose and Crown, and then walk back to BCV.

I know how close the resort is to both parks, but it didn't register until last night.
Definitely looking forward to this part of the trip.
If we love it, we may end up coming back again and again :)

Excited for you!!! But you need to know that all standard view rooms will be either a roof or a parking lot. If it is more "decent" than that it is not classified as standard view. I don't want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

I don't mind a roof or a parking lot. I just don't want that service area that I keep hearing about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter