• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natebenma,
Thanks for all the work you do!!!
We finally decided on the BC GV for our trip! Super excited!! Hoping that we get a refurbished room (Sept. 12-14)? Can I make a special request to be close to SAB?
Thank you :)

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! We will be staying here for the princess half-marathon. My first time staying on property but this is my in-laws favorite! We are at Beach Club but staying one night at Yacht Club as we added a night later. So excited!!!

I believe that is correct. According to information reported by past guests (and compiled by me on the Yacht Club Room View thread), this is what we know about the YC CL GV rooms: Room 5152 Room 5154 Room 5198 Some specific info about YC CL GV rooms (5): View of Wedding Gazebo: 5148 5150 2 Queens, Daybed 5152 2 Queens, Chair with ottoman 5154 2 Queens, Daybed View of Lakeside (back) Entrance Courtyard 5198 King Bed I have never been over there, so I don't know how far these rooms are from the lounge. :thumbsup2 Have a fantastic trip!!! According to the Be Our Guest list, these are some of the DISers who will be there this week: December :santa: MaryLovesPoohBear Dec 14-19 BCV studio ashleyrm Dec 15-18 YC GV (30th anniversary) DummbGiRL Dec 15-22 BCV Doylemom22 Dec 16-?? BC xjay Dec 17-21 YC GV MarinaD Dec 17-23 BC CL anne0866 Dec 17-26 BC CL WV VFG Dec 19-24 BC SV dddisrunner Dec 20-30 BC :goodvibes

The rooms that face the gazebo are literally steps away from the lounge and elevators. They are so convenient!

Just back from 3 nights at BC CL Standard view (following 4 nights at a CR TPV room) and we had a wonderful time. We were in room 5692 --- it had extra windows and a full pull out sofa bed. The room was lovely, quiet, and the CL staff awesome.

This trip we moved to Universal after BC and I think next trip we'll just stay onsite at Disney and do a day trip to Universal rather than leaving WDW.

IF you do not have the tickets just save the money and enjoy SAB , it is just a small waterpark by its self and your room already includes the price of admission. Plus if you have the dining plan and get your Mugs you can at least enjoy the unlimited refills of beverages from Beaches and Cream and Hurricane Hannas and not worry about buying drinks at a water park, plus the kids can always go back to the room and relax after all it is a vacation and it is a huge resort, plus the arcade and there is night life on the Boardwalk plenty to do without going to a park within a 10 min walk. Plus again can always see if the firework show Wishes will be going on that night and watch from the bridge thats right before EPCOT

This is our plan for arrival day, except we are going to head into Epcot for a quick Test Track FP and dinner. We get in super early and I cannot wait to play at the pool and have lunch at Hurrican Hannah's. I hadn't even factored in the mugs!

This is our plan for arrival day, except we are going to head into Epcot for a quick Test Track FP and dinner. We get in super early and I cannot wait to play at the pool and have lunch at Hurrican Hannah's. I hadn't even factored in the mugs!

We are arriving the night before our check in date and spending it with a family member who is about 20 mins away from the property so i am excited to get on property and enjoy the resort and the property , mostly beacuse it is a bamly 24 here in Chicago

I, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy have big news! I was flying around the resort today and I spotted new phone books that were delivered for each room! Now I can call all my friends as long is they are local and not long distance or heaven for bid international. Mon Dieu! I'd really get my gitch in a bundle if I had to pay those international rates!

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort intrepid reporter

I have updated the Be Our Guest list with the changes over the past few days. Please take a moment to look it over to make sure I have your information listed corrected.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Hi there!

Sorry, but after looking at the refurb plans for Stormalong Bay as well as the view from many of the BC CL lagoon/pool view rooms, we have decided to move to the BWI for our 45th anniversary trip. We are worried about potential noise levels after experiencing some refurb view rooms in the past which were a problem for us.

We will undoubtedly be staying at the BC again for a future visit, however.

Meanwhile, Please update the BOG thread accordingly.

Thanks a bunch for all the help/advice!

Babsy

Thanks for all the responses!!! :)
I guess I'll be the minority. If you've got a free WP ticket, may as well use it. We did this our arrival day in August. Went after lunch. It was fine. I think a lot of people who get there at opening leave mid day.
Sorry, I don't know what time of year you're going, but both parks are great. The theming alone is amazing. I'm just happy floating around on a tube in the lazy river, lol! And either park has a children's play area with smaller slides & water features.
TL has the large wave pool but there's lots to do without going in it. There's another pool area by Crush & Gusher that's a zero entry.
BB has a bobing pool with tubes. And a great family raft ride.

So as I sit here pondering and wondering how am I going to pack all the stuff I want to take with me and the gifts i have to take I realize that the hour it felt like was only 15 mins, this week is going to drag by so slow , considering this time next week I will be in the happiest place on earth
It's just not fair the time goes so slow before vacay, then when you get there and wish time would slow, it just zips by!!

Just back from 3 nights at BC CL Standard view (following 4 nights at a CR TPV room) and we had a wonderful time. We were in room 5692 --- it had extra windows and a full pull out sofa bed. The room was lovely, quiet, and the CL staff awesome.

This trip we moved to Universal after BC and I think next trip we'll just stay onsite at Disney and do a day trip to Universal rather than leaving WDW.
Glad you had a great trip. We did a split with WDW & Universal last summer, but we loved staying at a Universal resort too. So easy, with FOTL pass.

I, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy have big news! I was flying around the resort today and I spotted new phone books that were delivered for each room! Now I can call all my friends as long is they are local and not long distance or heaven for bid international. Mon Dieu! I'd really get my gitch in a bundle if I had to pay those international rates!

Very nice reporting!! But what's this about no international calling? :confused3

Ooooh seriously!! New phone books!! Talk about a comprehensive refurb :thumbsup2 Oh and yup your right not to make international calls at those prices :scared1:This is why I never phone home when I'm on holiday-well that and the fact that I'M ON HOLIDAY so home doesn't exist until I'm no longer on holiday :lmao:

page 141-142

Question for any of you who have gone to the water parks....worth doing for a few hours on our arrival day (won't have a park ticket) or would my kids (6 and 4) be just as happy at SAB? We will have plenty of pool time built into our vacation, but this would be our only opportunity to use the free water park ticket we got with our magical deal. Just not sure if it's worth dealing with bus transportation and probably heavy crowds (we wouldn't get there until mid-day) when we have a great pool at our resort. However, we've never done a water park, and what better time to try one than when it's free?! :) Thoughts??? TIA!

As someone who is the penultimate planner, I am actually going to advise you to "Go with the flow." Arrive prepared for either an afternoon at SAB or at a water park if you feel up to it after your day of travel.

Typhoon Lagoon is my favorite because of the theming and the attractions, but I think I would recommend Blizzard Beach for your family, with younger kids.

1) The wave pool is more like a bobbing pool, unlike the TL Wave Pool of Death (which love)

2) Family Ride at BB rocks!

3) Lazy River is the same for me at both parks.

4) There is a cute kid's Ski Patrol area at BB, but I don't know the suggested ages for the attractions there.

You will get more first day "Disney" touches and theming at the water park than by staying at the BC, but it would certainly be more relaxing to stay at the resort.

Can't go wrong either way!!!

BTW- what is the current busing situation to/from the water parks? I haven't kept up on that.

:thumbsup2

I'm already on the BOG list but we added an extra night to the beginning of our trip! :banana::banana:

I took that day off to pack and get things ready to leave the next day but then I thought "what the heck....just leave that day!" Flights aren't booked yet but I'll be on the lookout.

Got it!!!

:goodvibes

Natebenma,
Thanks for all the work you do!!!
We finally decided on the BC GV for our trip! Super excited!! Hoping that we get a refurbished room (Sept. 12-14)? Can I make a special request to be close to SAB?
Thank you :)

Thanks for the kind words. Always great to be appreciated! :)

I'll make the updates to your listing on the BOG.

Yes, you can request "Close to SAB please" or "Close to lobby, please", either would be what you are looking for. We should know more as the work on the BC progresses, but I think chances are good for a renovated room at that point- I think a lot of the work at the BC will be completed by then.

:thumbsup2

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! We will be staying here for the princess half-marathon. My first time staying on property but this is my in-laws favorite! We are at Beach Club but staying one night at Yacht Club as we added a night later. So excited!!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Thanks for the comments about your trip!

Any chance you have any photos of your room or the view that you can post or email to me? beachclubdee at yahoo.

:)

Hi there!

Sorry, but after looking at the refurb plans for Stormalong Bay as well as the view from many of the BC CL lagoon/pool view rooms, we have decided to move to the BWI for our 45th anniversary trip. We are worried about potential noise levels after experiencing some refurb view rooms in the past which were a problem for us.

We will undoubtedly be staying at the BC again for a future visit, however.

Meanwhile, Please update the BOG thread accordingly.

Thanks a bunch for all the help/advice!

Babsy

Thanks for letting us know. Perfectly understandable. I can appreciate you wanting to do everything possible to ensure a perfect celebration of your incredible milestone.

Have a fantastic trip!!!

And hope to see you back here sometime soon.

:goodvibes

I believe that is correct. According to information reported by past guests (and compiled by me on the Yacht Club Room View thread), this is what we know about the YC CL GV rooms:

Room 5152

Room 5154

Room 5198

Some specific info about YC CL GV rooms (5):

View of Wedding Gazebo:

5150 2 Queens, Daybed
5152 2 Queens, Chair with ottoman
5154 2 Queens, Daybed

View of Lakeside (back) Entrance Courtyard

5198 King Bed

I have never been over there, so I don't know how far these rooms are from the lounge.

Thank you for all of this great information! Does anyone know if all 5 of these rooms have a private balcony? I seem to remember reading something about a large shared balcony somewhere, but now I can't place it.

Thank you for all of this great information! Does anyone know if all 5 of these rooms have a private balcony? I seem to remember reading something about a large shared balcony somewhere, but now I can't place it.

I'm pretty sure these are all the regular, full-sized balconies.

I know there is a shared balcony on the 4th floor at the Beach Club, and I think there is one at the Yacht Club but I don't recall where. Not YC CL GV, though.

:)

Just wanted to report in. I'm out here with Jeanne and Lily. Everything is good. Jeanne has surgery tomorrow and is feeling pretty good ... a little nervous but otherwise everything is good. We are almost totally caught up on grading papers, etc.

Princess Lily keeps saying "Christmas is over ... we're going to Disney World". She apparently doesn't care much about presents ... just wants to get to her beloved Disney World. She is not going to be happy when I go to the airport on December 24th without her. She also declared that Donald is her best friend. We have no idea why Donald holds the #1 spot now. She keeps saying how much she loves him. She wants me to get him a Christmas present so she can give it to him when she gets there. She is a very giving child. Donald will have his hands full with her because she is a chatter box now ... he's going to get an ear full for sure!!

I was very excited to hear about the newest rehab news ... new phone books. What a delightful Christmas present!!!

Buzzy, thanks for updating us on the return of the phone books! How exciting!!!!! I'm sure Mrs Buzzy is excited about this as well. :-)

Teena, sending thoughts and prayers Jeanne's way for her surgery. Princess Lily sounds like a character! It must be so much fun to see Disney thru her eyes! Safe travels home next week

I was very disappointed to discover that I, Buzzy the Fly, was not included in the directory of this phone book. Also disappointing was the fact that the numbers for the front desks were not included in this phone book. You can however call the numbers for Disney resorts such as the Contemporary and the Boardwalk Inn as those numbers were were included in the phone book, much to the relief of everyone!

Signed, Buzzy the fly, your Beach Club Resort guy

I have not seen it posted on this thread but on two other sites I have read that part of the BCV refurb will include adding the pull down bed to the studio rooms like at the VGF and VWL. This could be great for other families of 5 like mine looking for additional resorts to stay at.

Teena you going to be around Xmas week I know the CM schedule came out a couple days ago if so can not wait to see you again

Teena best thoughts for Jeanne.

ooh new phone books so worth a trip to Disney to get that delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter