2013 Disney TR

Ohhhh... your handwriting is just lovely.
It would probably look better with one of those fahhhncy pens with the nib and ink pot. I love those... so elegant. It make my writing feel... important.

You had me at the word "cupcakes" I am going in August. I dream of the Butterfinger cupcake at Starring Rolls but I have been reading about so many others I fear I will be eating cupcakes for every meal. Can't wait to hear what cupcakes you discovered!

Off to a great start!
I loved your donut video!! Wherever that place is, Maple Donuts is a winner!

I also noticed your cute backpack!

My daughter Sarah has some of the Lego friends too - we had to buy her Sarah of course!!

MMMMM, those donuts look amazing. It makes me want one, or two, or three. :) Can't wait to hear about your train ride and if your family liked it. I agree, your handwriting is beautiful!

The donut lover in me completely approves of your first food stop! Yum!! :thumbsup2 How cool and unique to be on the auto train.

BTW: You have lovely penmanship! :)

Great update :thumbsup2. We looked into doing the auto train this year, but it was a little too pricey to get the sleeping car, and I'm afraid we wouldn't sleep in regular seats. I've heard you can sometimes get good deals though, so maybe we'll get to do that sometime in the future. I've never travelled by train, seems so romantic :lovestruc

Hi! I am coming out of lurkdom...:wave2: I have been following you on twitter and instragram and loved the updates.

Do you always take the Auto Train? I love taking the Auto Train...although I may be bias as I work for Amtrak.:rotfl2:

Great travel day and thanks for sharing!

I'm definitely a donut person! :surfweb: Never knew there was an auto train, what a neat idea.

I just mentioned your blog on my PTR, hope that's ok! You inspired a lunch decision. I've been reading it every time I'm not on the dis, haha.

Hey guys! So I meant to have a new update today...but then I decided I'd quickly write up a review of the Starbucks Main Street Bakery for my blog first!

First of all, thank you for the great review of the new Main Street Bakery and all the great pics. But you are saying that there are no cinnamon buns -- the signature treat of the Main Street Bakery? The one they shovel the gooey icing over when they serve it? But they left a photo of it on the menu? That's nuts.

And you are saying that there is nowhere for me to sit to drink my coffee and eat my peanut butter cupcake? Do you know how many seconds that cupcake is going to last in the Florida heat when I wander out onto Main Street with it? About two.

You might not hate the new bakery (and I'm glad you don't), but I do. No cinnamon bun and no seating? :confused3 I don't get it. I'll be having breakfast at my resort on Magic Kingdom days. Sometimes Disney makes me mad.

Do you remember that counter seating across the back of the Main Street Bakery? That was one of my favorite spots in the whole park. Gone. :sad2:

I kept checking DIS to see if you updated because I am SO SO SO intrigued by Auto Train and wanted to read what you thought of it! I still think it's the perfect compromise of not having to drive all the way but also not being on the train for over 20+ hours (at least from where I would take it at Penn Station).

How cute that the car attendant laughed when you entered again! I love the fact that you can just sleep lying flat when you buy a room. It was too expensive for us to consider it, and although sleeping on the Amtrak seats is actually MUCH more comfortable than sleeping in a car, we were the tiniest bit achy in the morning. I can't even imagine what it'd be like to sit next to a STRANGER and try to sleep!

Oh cool! It's non-stop to Florida??? We made a bunch of stops for people to get on and get off or to switch engines at one point. We even had to stop once because there was a flood in one of the bathrooms in one of the rooms. I think it'd be nice to get straight there!

I remember how as we rode farther down south, the bathroom started to smell a little because it was just a lot of people using it one after another. Thankfully, riding down wasn't that bad. We had a car mainly with Disney people and families, so they were courteous. Going back on the way up, it was worse! If it were the other way around, we probably wouldn't have wanted to ride back up! The private bathroom is one reason why I think having a room is awesome!

I had read that the Amtrak food wasn't really the greatest. Some people said it was fantastic and others said it was just edible and that was it. Thankfully, we brought sandwiches on board going down and bought Earl of Sandwich for the ride back up. We wouldn't have eaten in the dining car anyway because the entire train was PACKED. Since we were closer to the front, by the time they got to our car, they announced that all time slots were gone! They said there was enough food and we could buy it to bring back to our seats, but we couldn't sit in the dining car. That was fine by us since we would've had to split up anyway. We wouldn't have wanted to leave all our belongings at our seats without anyone there to watch them.

Ahhh, what a cute Disney diary!

Oh my goodness! It is just like White Christmas!! That fact alone is enough to make me want to take the train! Plus, sleeping completely flat would make for a much more restful arrival!

Did you find that the movement of the train lulled you to sleep?

Edited to add: Yippee! I'm glad I got the Trivia on the Blog right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter