2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. logpey

logpey Disney or bust!

Hey girl, that's a shame!!! How have you been? Is this your girls trip ????

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

I have a small tiny Box Fan. It is probably 1/2 the size of my laptop height wise but thicker. This may be an option.

4. luvpoohandcompany

luvpoohandcompany DIS Veteran

Yip that's what I'm thinking:rotfl2:

Guess the clue is in your name:) I have always wanted to visit Maine in the fall but Disney keeps "stealing" all my money:lmao:

Ok seriously I'm sitting here fantasizing about the possiblity of a split trip. WDW then Maine then home to Ireland. Better keep that to myself before my other half has a heart attack:rotfl2:

5. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

More friends!!!

:welcome:

I already have you on the list, but I will put it in permanent type now.

What a great story!!!

Does it make you feel like maybe Disney has a microphone or something in your house and they were just waiting to ambush you???

:goodvibes

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for December.

:woohoo:

I'll add you to the list!

:yay:

A couple of people have chimed in with info about the larger daybeds. We generally don't recommend putting in specific room numbers for a room request because if those rooms are occupied the day you check in, the room assigner may not know what it is you really wanted.

Put in a request for a full size daybed (although I have been told even the checkin people don't know which rooms have which type of daybed). Or maybe ask at checkin if you can have a room without a daybed and a rollaway cot instead. I have read many times that they are very comfortable for people of all heights. Might be a better tradeoff than the smaller daybed.

We look forward to seeing you around! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

:welcome: again!

I agree with Ninja Mom- great screen name! Not that I'm trying to butter you up or anything!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:woohoo:

I prefer the lighter decor at the Beach Club, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Yacht Club, especially if SAB is one of your primary reasons to stay at the resort. The location and access to EPCOT and HS is essentially equal. And you do have the added bonus of a guaranteed full balcony.

Janetmom stayed in a SV room at YC (it was a club level room)- I have linked her trip report at the end of the very first post on Page 1 of this thread. I'll go back in a minute and link the section with her view here.

Let us know if you make the plunge and I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

ETA:
    Room View post Part 1, YC CL SV, Janetmom

Room View post Part 2, YC CL SV, Janetmom

I haven't heard anything, but then again I don't really know anything about BCVs. That would be really exciting news! If anyone knows about a soft or full refurb, please share!

6. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

party:

I have a tutorial about how to post a picture on Page 1, Other Useful Info section. I'll post a link here in a minute.

:thumbsup2

ETA: here is the link

Post a Photo on the DIS?
    sub-lesson: Upload all of your pictures into Photobucket in Large, not Full-size, format

Thank you so much for your selfless effort to get it right!!!

:hyper:

7. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing this!!

8. 1971DBday

1971DBday Keep moving forward!

Thank you! Sorry for the delay, a few of us in my family caught some type of bug and I've been hit the hardest since I have been carrying for everyone and doing all of the cleaning to try and sanitize.

This looks better then any busy day by the Nanae Pool at the Poly! Thanks again for all of the photos!

9. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

[​IMG]

Ah HA! I finally figured out how to post a picture!! Thank you Dee for the step-by-step instructions link. I have been trying to figure it out (slightly painful process!!). I went through all the Photobucket settings and found under profile "User Settings", "Album", "Turn on Easy Linking Mode". WOW does that make it easy. Also figured out how to download the mobile iPhone app and link that to my phone for really easy upload (since I am rarely at the computer). :woohoo::woohoo:

10. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

I swear I'm not a drunk. Actually I didn't even finish the glass!! LOL:rotfl2::rotfl2:

11. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

1971DBday, that looks like HEAVEN right now....!

12. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting that picture! Awesome.

I don't know about that Easy Linking Mode on PB. I'll have to check into it.

13. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

Dee, between your instructions (regarding [​IMG]

14. ALMinVA

ALMinVA Mouseketeer

I've got the last day blues. Packing up, a quick Sab visit, a trip over to try and meet teena, off to mk for a ride on carousel and people mover, dinner on Epcot, our final stop at downtown and then we are on the road. Our first stay at YC and we are think its our new favorite!

15. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Enjoy your final day! Sounds like a wonderful, busy one!

16. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

I hate the last day blues!! At least your not crying like I usually am :)

Tell Teena hello for me, and get off your rocker and start planning your next visit!!!

17. Tiggerish

Tiggerish DIS Veteran

We currently have a reservation booked at the Beach Club Garden View for 10 nights June 14-24. But we are hoping to get the Yacht Club Standard or Garden View :stir:We are waiting for a possible deal so we can switch because the color scheme appeals to my party more!

Either way we are bringing bathing suits and making good use of SAB and Cape May.

18. 1971DBday

Thanks again NM! I'm driving my family nuts trying to investigate a good place to hang out by SAB. I don't mind vacation noise, as long as it's not obnoxious. To much quiet gives me time to think of work and other things back home. My brain will just not shut up!

Thank! I'm just nervous about DD6 (will be 7 on trip). I know she wants her freedom, but I need to keep my eagle eye. We are used to the Poly where I had an excellent view of the full pool because of its size. We are truly excited for trying SAB for the first time, but nervous at its size as well.

HI!!!! :wave2: Nice to see another PolyPeep over at the BC. Have a wonderful trip! I'm looking forward to seeing your TR; always so informational!

Not my pictures...but thanks anyway!

19. 1971DBday

Considering upgrading to a Lagoon/Pool view.....:rolleyes:

We currently have a GV, but I really don't want some back of the woods view. With airline prices being so high I am back and forth on whether this would be worth it. I also don't want to spend the money and then someone says, "well you can see the corner of the pool over there"....and that's my view.

A view has never been a major priority, but being close to the lobby is. According to the link (even though older and possibly not 100% accurate)
    http://web.archive.org/web/20110709015029/http://www.disneyzone.net/bcresort.htm there looks like there will be a better chance of getting a room close to the lobby if we upgrade.

If I stay with the GV, it looks like a lot of the rooms will either look over a courtyard on the lagoon side or if on the other side it might be facing EP, if so would we be able to see illuminations?

I guess I'm one of those people that if I could pay a fee (like you do with airlines to pick your seats) I would SOOOOOO pay a fee to WDW to pick out my room ahead of time. We had trips in the past where I was not happy with our room location (the years of the huge Moderate hotels) and it was a pain to relocate the rooms (we used to go at Thanksgiving time). Anyway, now it has turned into one of those pre-trip gitters! :idea:

20. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

So I called and changed my reservations last night and instead of a split stay with POR and BC we will be doing the entire 7 night stay at the BC now! :banana: I was hesitant because of money but our tax return is pretty awesome this year so we are splurging some more. Thanks to those who answered my questions about club level. We booked Standard at this point and I may just wait until we are there and if they have something better I may consider upgrading but for now we just plan to go deluxe resort the whole time and maybe do a few more character meals for the kids since we have a little extra money.

We will be there May 17 to 24th! Almost to our 100 day countdown and so excited!!!!

Thanks to all the awesome peeps on this thread for answering so many questions and posting pics!

21. sab53085

sab53085 Mouseketeer

We are staying at the YC from May 29-June 6. I didn't think it would be worth an extra $500 to upgrade to a garden view but reading this thread is making me second guess my decision. Should I just wait until we get there and get assigned to a room and see if the view is horrible?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.