2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunclemarco

Hunclemarco DIS Veteran

We'll have to stay club level sometime, maybe this autumn :). For now looking forward to BCV in about 73 days!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

I just can't get enough of this thread. I read all the first posts from the beginning at least once a week to give myself my jolt of BC/YC while waiting for my trip.

I love that everybody is so excited right along with me :)

pixiedust:

4. RWathen

RWathen MomandDDluvMickey

Just posting to see my ticker. LOL:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I can hardly wait for the hot weather and SAB!

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Was everybody busy trying the Sunken Treasures recipe? ;)

6. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:goodvibes

7. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

LoveMickeyMouse --- Thank you so much for posting that!!! I never thought to ask IPO. :blush:

DH will go crazy for scallops wrapped in bacon and spanikopita night! ::yes::

We loved the scallops wrapped in bacon at WL CL.

8. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Fingers crossed for an opening for you at YC.

:woohoo:

I'll adjust your listing.

9. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

When you have a chance, please take a moment to look at the Be Our Guest list to make sure I have your info listed correctly. Thanks.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

10. pamkat1820

pamkat1820 Mouseketeer

We are working on our flights for our trip. I had the bright idea of coming the night before on a late flight and spending that night at the pop or another value.

Here is my question....we are staying CL for the first time. I am really excited about the whole experience if we don't come in directly on ME to YC will it be a hassle to transfer everything over to the YC? Will we miss out on anything? And how early are we allowed in the lounge on the day u arrive?

Thanks everyone

11. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Has anyone heard anything about an upcoming refurb at BCV? I think I remember hearing that there would be a soft rehab (change out of linens and things) soon, but I'm definitely not up on the goings-on at the villas.

Since you are staying at YC, you should be all set with the balcony.

It sounds like a request of "Close to lobby, please" would be best for you. That would put you close to the refill station in the morning and transportation. You should decide if a first floor patio is ok or not, and add that to your request: "Cllose to lobby, not first floor, please"

12. pamkat1820

pamkat1820 Mouseketeer

I heard the same thing about the DVC resorts. They are all suppose to have a soft refurb by 2014. David's vacation club posted on his FB page not to long ago that they were starting SS. I asked about BCV but he didn't have any information at the time.

Some one posted on the DVC boards that they are replacing the spreads with triple sheets. Other than that I don't know anything else.

13. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

You will be able to use the lounge as soon as you check in that morning. Although the lounge is open 24 hours, I think the CMs are around, and the breakfast items are put out at 7 am.

I haven't done the whole transfering from one resort to another thing, but others here have, and I think the process was simple. But if you send your luggage through Bell Services, you may not have access to it until the afternoon. I'm not sure what I would recommend as far as luggage, because if your room isn't ready, you will have to check it in to Bell Services anyway while you are enjoying yourselves at the resort or park.

14. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

I have been trying to move our dates to earlier in may and all I can get is water view which is $700 extra! Or I can shorten the trip or do a split stay. Not sure what to do. My just keep checking.

15. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

When I transfer I like to just take my luggage with me in a cab and do early check in. If I plan on using pool and not going to park I just take what I'll need in a separate tote. And I know my luggage is there. Many times we have lucked out and room has been ready.

16. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

:goodvibes I had to have one in person, doing research for Ninja Mom is a tough job :rotfl:

17. DoleWhipMom

DoleWhipMom Mouseketeer

We transferred twice last year; From POR to AKL then to YC. It was easy. Took our bags to Bell Services on our way out, went to a park then to the new resort, checked in, and our bags were in the room by late afternoon. Just take anything you need with you like bathing suites etc.

18. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

We had a GV room facing the grassy area with the volleyball net. Although if u looked straight ahead you looked at the other side of BC in that courtyard, but if you looked to the right you looked at the lake and The Boardwalk. And it was close to lobby.

19. floridagirl61

floridagirl61 Mouseketeer

LoveMickeyMouse - I asked months ago about a menu for CL and no one had one. Thank you for sharing this info with all of us , you have made it so much easier to plan my dinners according to what the apps are for each night. Off to start planning.

20. Loves The Mouse

Loves The Mouse Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! Been a lurker for awhile...lol just wanted to join in all the fun. I have enjoyed reading all the great information every one has been posting about the YC/BC. Thanks to everyone who posted! My husband and I are going for our 25th Anniversary April 29 - May 6. Staying at the YC club level SV. Wanted GV but it's sold out. :sad2: To say I'm excited about staying at the Y/C is an understatement! :jumping1:Lol I can't wait, i'm especially excited staying CL..lol Thanks again for all the great info....

21. luvpoohandcompany

luvpoohandcompany DIS Veteran

I'm here lurking too :goodvibes
    Quiet day everywhere I suppose!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.