20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
krdisneybound said:
Up early getting ready and practicing for Deck 9 and that good Hot Chocolate with the cool breeze blowing through from one side of the ship to the other.

Not too long away now............... Where is that Hot Chocolate?

No one has joined me yet... :cloud9:

I'm here... :wave: brewing coffee and reading the boards. I used to read the newspaper every morning. Maybe after the cruise, I'll return to that daily routine.

Randall

:earsboy:

BobandLee said:
#1 is the first tune you hear at sailaway.

Randall, I already burned the cd. But maybe a disk2 could be in order.
I like the Two Tickets to Paradise and California Dreaming.
However, if it's Toby Keith, it has to be "What Happens in Mexico, Stays in Mexico".
And Sailing, well.....we went to a Chris Cross show in Reno a couple years ago and sat next to what had to be his biggest fan. Knew all the words to all the songs (hey that sounds familiar?) anyway, he sang Sailing before, during and after the show and not nearly as well as Chris Cross. Now it's like fingers on the chalkboard :scared1:

As I told Scott, could have added Warren Zevon's "Send Lawyers, Guns and Money" considering some in this group.
Also, considering some in this group, "Fruitcakes"

I had forgotten "Key Largo". Yea, it is a good song. "We had it all...."
And NO "pina colada song" by Rupert Holmes.

Bob --

I put that list together at 6:30 a.m. with only minimal amount of coffee flowing through me (kind of like right now!). You are lucky I came up with the list that I did. Later I thought of some other tunes including "Key Largo" and the Beach Boys "Kokomo."

I love Toby Keith. I'll be happy to listen to anything he puts out. However, the lyrics for "What Happens in Mexico Stays in Mexico" didn't seen quite appropriate for a "family friendly" Disney Cruise. If you are considering "Send Lawyers, Guns and Money" do we need to add Cher's "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves?" Wait, back to the family friendly lyric issue again. If that isn't a concern, I can probably come up with some others.

As for Buster's "Hot, Hot, Hot" I'd rather dance to that then the tired "Celebration" by K.C. and the Sunshine Band. Gloria Estefan has some good options for sail away dancing tunes -- "Conga," "Get on Your Feet," "Turn the Beat Around."

Good morning DisBoards.

Randall

Well I am up early also, finished up a little run and ready to meet ya all on Deck 9. Looks like I see Abaco off in the distance, yep that is CC there off the Port bow. Snorkel gear ready, KTTW ready, Thirst for a Conch cooler ready. Ahhh I want to go back to the Islands.

Oh Boy Catherine gets to help us do a Man Over Board Drill. Remember this, if wearing the life jacket from your stateroom do not , repeat do not, jump in the water from a height of more than 4 meters. Learned that while watching a safety drill. Bad things happen.

“Beer for my horses” reminds me of Lee Marvin and his horse in the movie Cat Balou (sp?). And of course the current song, I can relate to.

Just caught up on the board. Got four hours till I have to be in to work.

Kevin&Randall said:
I'm here... :wave: brewing coffee and reading the boards. I used to read the newspaper every morning. Maybe after the cruise, I'll return to that daily routine.

Randall

Randall, I used to read the paper too every morning but now I find myself getting up and turning on my computer!!!!!

Well it's a bright and sunny morning here in Canada and the forecast is a balmy 68 degrees today!!!!! Woo hoo might get to try out those new shorts today. I know what you're thinking - 68 is not warm - yes it is when you had a snow storm only a couple of weeks ago.

Elaine

Im hre also ... Working on Yesterdays update.. and todays...
did not post it yesterday..

Well here is he story .. ok we moved into our house 3 + years ago and went to cCostco To buy a Computer Desk ended up with nice one Roll top
and all.. Well We Got the dam thing home and It Was Huge 3x 5 so for the last few years we lived with it.. last week i Put it on ebay and got a fair sum of money for it. so yesterday Took apart, everything out of the desk and put it out in the truck , im going to run it over to the lady's house..
Man how did so much dust Get in and Behind there..

Ever Try to go Shopping for a new desk When you Are tired
Jen and I Wondered aim less ly thru atleast 5 stores nonew desk.. ok so I Drop Her off .. She Starts To Clean The house..
For the arrivial of 4 Dis Friends today ... I Go Out To complete the mission...
as i do not want to not have a place to put the pc...
Ok So I Come Home with a New Wireless Key Board and Mouse
i figure the less wires the Better ,, and the New desk ( INTERM DESK)
just going to use til we can find One we really like .. Ok then i Also Came home with the New Monitor 20 in. lcd with built in Tuner now even less wires because the speakers are built in... and i Just have to say wow is the price on lcd's dropping... will act as tv and monitor in the extra bed room.. Nice .. Still working on getting the New Bugs out...
last night at 1 o clock i called it Quits..

But have to say isnt Technology Great...
Back to getting the bugs out now ....

Peter Happy cruiising...

Tink33 said:
Is there a place to have a LOST viewing party if DCL is broadcasting it? I have not been on the Magic since the removal of ESPN skybox.

If not we can come up with our own LOST finale. In my version, the hatch that Locke and Boone found leads right to the Disney Magic. Remember when the hatch "lit up" a few weeks back? The light was from all of the light up flippy floppies. ;)

I LOVED YOUR POST... the hatch... the light... blinking flippy floppies :rotfl2:

WAIT... with the lights from the flippy floppies I CAN SEE through the hatch!

OH MY... men with grass skirts... pirates of ALL ages, wine bottles, piles and piles of sailaway gifts... and... everyone seems to be standing in LONG line for something... I can hear chanting of "We Want Our Pins..." something like that! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Hygiene99 said:
Ok So I Come Home with a New Wireless Key Board and Mouse
i figure the less wires the Better ,, and the New desk ( INTERM DESK)
just going to use til we can find One we really like .. Ok then i Also Came home with the New Monitor 20 in. lcd with built in Tuner now even less wires because the speakers are built in... and i Just have to say wow is the price on lcd's dropping... will act as tv and monitor in the extra bed room.. Nice .. Still working on getting the New Bugs out...
last night at 1 o clock i called it Quits..

But have to say isnt Technology Great...
Back to getting the bugs out now ....

Peter Happy cruiising...

Hey Peter!

Good Luck working out any bugs... :badpc: even after Joe is done fixing things up, we always seem to find a few new ones now and again! The wireless keyboard + mouse are GREAT!!! Especially since JOE (DH) is left handed, and I am right handed... makes it easire to switch back + forth... But, after 9 years of marriage, I am the one who has become proficient at using both hands on the mouse! :rotfl:

bonzie1 said:
OH MY... men with grass skirts... pirates of ALL ages, wine bottles, piles and piles of sailaway gifts... and... everyone seems to be standing in LONG line for something... I can hear chanting of "We Want Our Pins..." something like that! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Speaking of "We want our pins" I got the same generic response to my email. I wonder if they really are forwarding our suggestion to the appropriate management team?

Robin

moocow35 said:
Speaking of "We want our pins" I got the same generic response to my email. I wonder if they really are forwarding our suggestion to the appropriate management team?

Robin

Robin... I never even got the courtesy reply... YIKES! Was I too bold in my note??? Maybe they were just too overwhelmed with ALL of our suggestions! (Very Good Suggestions, I may add!)

I do hope they listened, and that they will reconsider having an order form in our staterooms. I even offered to help them pack up the orders durnig a day at sea! :goodvibes

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL SUNNY DAY HERE IN NJ... AND MY TEST IS OVER!!!

P.S. I'm off to Walmart :moped: ... got a great idea for Mother's Day gifts while watching QVC... Wall mart has some Great looking (inexpensive) nightshirts. I'm going to get some for my SIL and MIL, roll them up and put them in a nice(dollarstore) basket. We'll all be renting a shore home for a week this summer, and to all have matching nightshirts would be kinda fun! Gotta LOVE Walmart! :rotfl:

Az Pirates said:
We're booked on the Bounty too.
Still having a little bit of discussion since Cammi thinks she just HAS to see the ostrich farm (that's what we talked about doing first) May have to promise her a road trip to Gila Bend to check out the big birds there instead.

Ok, I just booked the Bounty... waiting for my email confirmation. I'll have to find another good spot for pools and other stuff. I'm hoping I can get to Cicis water park after the Cliff Diving in Acauplco! That is my plan at the moment.

We are off to the Renaissance Festival and my DD6 wants to wear her Minnie costume! :rotfl: Can you believe it? Well, she wore Princess Cinderella last year. . . . Somehow I'm not so sure Minnie will fit in with the crowd of princesses and knights!

Just so you'll know,,,,,
1) I am now here
2) I don't just want to hang out in deck nine. I would like to get a real breakfast in the Am. Don't mind a breakfast Dis meet, But breakfast is IT for me.
3) Good morning everyone!!!!
4) You guys are really cool and I enjoy being a part of this
:wave: :wave: :wave: High today here is 78.
Bill

Scott H said:
Oh Boy Catherine gets to help us do a Man Over Board Drill. Remember this, if wearing the life jacket from your stateroom do not , repeat do not, jump in the water from a height of more than 4 meters. Learned that while watching a safety drill. Bad things happen.

OK, dish, Scott! :listen: What kind of "bad things"?!?!? And why do they not s-p-e-l-l i-t o-u-t?!?!?!?!?

And, let's see.... :teacher: 4 meters.....13.1233596 feet......4.3744532 yards...4.7731558 vara [Mexico]....0.7953551 rod [international].....0.0021598 mile [nautical, US]....0.0007195 league [UK nautical]....32,000 gnat's eye......3,999,999,999,999,999.5 fermi....5.7971014 el [Dutch].....1.25 bamboo.....615.3846154 bee space...2.3081362 braza [Argentina]...OK, clear as mud to me!!!! :rolleyes1

3DAN said:
Just so you'll know,,,,,
1) I am now here
2) I don't just want to hang out in deck nine. I would like to get a real breakfast in the Am. Don't mind a breakfast Dis meet, But breakfast is IT for me.
3) Good morning everyone!!!!
4) You guys are really cool and I enjoy being a part of this
:wave: :wave: :wave: High today here is 78.
Bill

Want a real breakfast on deck 9 at buffet or in the dining room?? have to make yourself clear - so we know where to go. Also, you were late for Deck 9 this morning. Have to be more prompt. :teeth:

Kay, you've been up too long. Go to your room(with computer of course)
Kelli, How do you measure a gnats eye?
Bill

DisneyPinDiva said:
Linda... I get exhausted just reading what you are always doing! I wonder if you ever just stop and sit... put your feet up and relax... or is that what the cruises are for?? :rotfl:
What on earth is a Scrapbook USA Expo? Do they actually have stores with all scrapbooking stuff? I only see it at Michaels... and a wee bit at Wal-Mart. I think I would go nuts in a whole store of stuff.... :crazy:

:bday: Jaime!!! Sounds like you have a great day planned for her! Please give her our best wishes!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for Jamie, she was quite surprised! Darn, no blinkie blinkie bowling shoes. Maybe we should invest some $$ and start a business Scott? :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am relaxing now, sitting up in bed catching up on all you chatty cathie's!

Next post, Scrapbook USA Expo

Linda

SCRAPBOOK USA EXPO!

OH MY GOSH..................after spending 5 hours at the expo and about 75 vendor booths later, boy did I have an incredible time!

It's the largest scrapbook expo in the country (so they say) and they have all the manufacturers there and you can buy directly from them and then there are a bunch of retail joints there and they bring a bunch of stuff.

So, it was like shopping at 75 different scrapbook stores all in one place with all the latest and greatest ideas and stuff.

Asked a young man (17 or so) who was working at the convention center to carry out my first "box" of stuff that I bought! I told him I would give him a tip to carry out for me. He was very nice and carried all the way to my car and then didn't want the tip, but I insisted and gave him enough money to go buy a Maui Wowi smoothie back inside!

The good news is, I finally figured out my final layout for our scrapbook class AND I GOT GOODIES FOR EVERYONE TOO!

There was a manufacturer there that had overruns of stuff they have had in their warehouse. I hung out there for over and hour going through box after box with all those other "frantic" scrapbook bargain hunters! I think I got enough of a couple of different things for everyone for our scrapbook class!!!

Okay, I guess enough of the relaxing for me!

I need to make 75 Chicken Croissant Sandwiches for a friend whose son just came home and we have a get together at their house this afternoon after church. More stuff cutting into my precious Disneyboard time! :rotfl: :rotfl:

10 more minutes to catch up on reading.

Have a great Sunday everyone. It is another beautiful day in Salt Lake City. Just think, four weeks from today, just about now, we are entering the water on the adult beach with our guide, Scott, for our exclusive adult sunken ship snorkel tour!

Linda :cheer2: :cheer2:

BobandLee said:
Documents didn't come to us either, but there's always monday.

Now, Scott and Kelli probably will have to wait longer since their docs would be delivered by Pony Express. :rotfl:

I think for the Christmas Cruise I was the very last one to do the document dance :banana:

Mine came pony express via slow boat from China.

But as they say....................save the best for last!!!!!

:teeth:

bonzie1 said:
Hey Peter!

Good Luck working out any bugs... :badpc: even after Joe is done fixing things up, we always seem to find a few new ones now and again! The wireless keyboard + mouse are GREAT!!! Especially since JOE (DH) is left handed, and I am right handed... makes it easire to switch back + forth... But, after 9 years of marriage, I am the one who has become proficient at using both hands on the mouse! :rotfl:

Just as long as they are not on Mickey! We don't want you taken off the ship in handcuffs!!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Okay, so I'm caught up.........now I've got to run for the day!

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter