20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since word is that the River Rafting excursion in Acapulco won't be happening, is anyone else interested in doing an independant trip on Ocean Riders as recommended by Roberto from the Port Authority? http://www.oceanriders.com.mx/

I'd be willing to put a group together if anyone else wants to join us.

Tony

Scott H said:
Lynn is sleeping late these days as she is working graves so last night I told here to put a sign on the door telling the UPS guy to knock real loud. In the past the documents used to come via FedX. Did DCL change their delivery service?

DCL at least for us, seems to change carrier's each time. Last year was UPS and the guy just left them at the door. The year before was FedEx, and I had to go pick them up. Another thing they like to keep us guessing about :rolleyes1

Robin

Hi Everyone! For those of you who don't know me, I'm on the Eastbound cruise. I prepare the bi-monthly newsletter for the Ship of Fools. While our group has requested that the distribution of the newsletter be kept between Ship of Fools members, They have agreed that there is no reason why we couldn't share the articles from the newsletter. Right now I have about 14 articles to share with you so I thought I'd post one every other day until you go! I'll start with all the excursion research articles and finish with the general interest articles. If you'd rather I do one a day for the next couple weeks, just let me know! Who knows, maybe I'll get to meet a few of you at Disneyland when you arrive!!

Ship of Fools Newsletter said:
Acapulco
Bravo Rafting and Shotover Jet
by Grumbo​

These two excursions are being offered by Disney also...I spoke with Annie Willcox on the phone, and she is a Brit, working in Acapulco. Very nice lady. I received this info re times and capacities.

“I have managed to contact the agency who handle the cruise ship to confirm the times that they are offering and so am now in a position to offer your group the following:
Rafting:
0830hrs pick up from pier. Capacity 36 pax
1330hrs pick up from pier. Capacity 36 pax
Shotover Jet:
0900hrs pick up from pier. Capacity 20 pax
0930hrs pick up from pier. Capacity 20 pax
1300hrs pick up from pier. Capacity 20 pax
1600hrs pick up from pier. Capacity 20 pax
For rafting these will be the only hours that we are able to offer due to demand and limited places. If you need additional hours for Shotover just let me know. I am not sure exactly how you want to work this. Will arrangements come directly from yourself or will the individuals contact me directly quoting that they are part of the group traveling with you? With regard to the deposits as I explained we are happy to hold credit card details to confirm the individual bookings and these can be sent either
by internet (name of cardholder, type of card, card number, expir. date) or if they prefer by fax they can call any of the numbers below and ask to be connected to the fax machine. We will hold the card numbers just as confirmation that the individuals will arrive and will not take any money until they take the excursion. If for any reason any group / individuals change their minds it is important that they inform us, if we have ordered transport and incur costs due to the fact that it has not been used we will have to charge this amount to the relevant people.”

I AM GOING TO TELL HER THAT THE GROUP WILL BE UNDER “SHIP OF FOOLS” AND WE CAN BOOK BY OURSELVES. ANNIE’S EMAIL ADDRESS IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS MESSAGE/ARTICLE AND TO ME IT LOOKS HANDS DOWN A BETTER DEAL THAN DCL. If the ship does not dock for any reason or is late, they will NOT bill your credit card, and if for some reason you can’t make the excursion she requires 24 hours notice.

BRAVO RAFTING​
PRICE: $60 US per person (ages 8 and above only).
INFORMATION: This tour is a descent of 8km on the River Papagayo through rapids of classes I, II and II plus. The canyon of the river is home to a wide variety of wildlife and some stunning rock formations. This is a tour for the whole family from age 8 and above. The tour is located on the River Papagayo approx 1 hours drive from Acapulco, return transportation is included in the price of the tour (minimum 4 pax) departures at 10am and 2pm (please allow 5 hours for the full completion of your tour including journey times to and from the river).

Just to compare with DCL please note that for the Bravo Rafting is only available to children 10 and above, plus it is $99.00 per person. The DCL excursion says this is only bookable onboard due to water conditions. I spoke with Annie re this and she advised that in August this shouldn’t be an issue.

SHOTOVER JET​
PRICE: $40 US Adults $20 US Dollars (3 - 12 years)
INFORMATION: This is a high speed jet boat ride on the Tropical Lagoon of Puerto Marques. The ride lasts between 25 - 30 minutes and combines the stunning beauty and nature of the lagoon with the thrills of 360 degree spins. Included in the price is return transportation from the pier (10am and 2pm) if, as you mention, your group is larger than 6 people we would be happy to provide transportation at any time to fit in with your schedule. Journey time to the lagoon approx 40 mins from the pier.

With DCL this tour is $84.00 per person ages 10 and up. There is NO children’s rate with DCL. Transportation IS included with the rate listed below.

In order to obtain your Acapulco.com discount please make a reservation prior to taking the tour directly to this e mail address. Should you need any further information or advice please do not hesitate to contact me.

We look forward to seeing you in Acapulco. Kind regards,
Annie Willcox
Ventas y Relaciones Publicas
Shotover Jet de Acapulco S.A de C.V.
ventas@shotoverjet.com.mx
Tel: +52 744 4841154 / 55 / 56

Thanks so much for sharing Tracy and all the rest of the "fools" This will be great help over the next 26 days. See you at the port of L.A.!

Robin

Thanks Tracy.

Thanks to Jeff and Jen for the great master list.

Thanks so much Tracy!!

It would be great to get the excursion information everyday, so we can decide if we want to change.

Thank you again! :flower: :flower:

karaeric said:
Georgie, glad you made it through the test. Let us know when you hear about the results!

Leslie, thanks for posting about the rafting trip...we were waiting on that and my parents had booked the jet boat. I'm guessing that if the rafting isn't going, then the jet boat will also be cancelled. Who can tell me about this Bounty thing now? Sounds intriguing... :confused3

Bob, we promise to keep out FINS UP tonight! Hope to see Amy and Steve there, but they have better seats than we do...

Whew!!! go out for the day and come back with 7 pages to catch up... I'll be replying as I go so forgive if someone else has fille you in on something I'm just reading now....
Scott/Lynn.. got the wetsuit on Ebay.....It's pink and purple... it will make it easier for Joe to find me....LOL my snorkle gear is blue so is that a fashion faux pas?? Oh dear!!

Kara: The Jetboat is still a go.... they offered me that as an alternative.. it is done in a lagoon so I guess there is plenty of water there. I read somewhere it's rather smelly though... :rotfl:
For the Bounty... go to BountyAdventures.com that is in Curacao

Ok we "bowed" to the "pier" pressure :rotfl2: and went to Walmart and got the lighty flippy thingys!

Got the blue and black pair. There were ALOT of them there. So that proves that there are no other Northeast Ohio repo cruisers LOL :rotfl: :rotfl:

Debbie

3DAN said:
Kay, you've been up too long. Go to your room(with computer of course)
Kelli, How do you measure a gnats eye?
Bill
Don't know about gnat's eye, but Lee used to measure fruitfly's.

TDC Nala said:
That's a Woman Overboard Drill. It'll occur at the first sign of "Hot Hot Hot" or if the singers in that lounge outside the Parrot Cay restaurant start singing the "Titanic" theme again. Who sings that on a cruise ship? Of course, I'm the one who wants to bring a DVD of "The Poseidon Adventure." Maybe I can bribe them to sing "The Morning After."
Man, I'm begining to feel bad about mentioning "Hot, Hot, Hot". :guilty:

Funny story. At one of our club meetings, someone mentioned that Jimmy Buffett in one of his interviews, stated that he had heard some good and bad versions of "Margaritaville". I had to admit that I had heard a really bad version also. Unfortunately it was on the Magic in the Prominade Lounge. This couple was very nice. Sang the standard lounge songs very well, but they had no clue as to how "Margaritaville" should be sang. Wrong tempo, off key. OUCH.

cotomom said:
Hi everyone! :wave2:

Made it back from New Orleans last night. Whew what a trip!

Cafe du Monde
Margaritaville
Bubba Gumps
House of Blues
Zydeco cafe
Pat O's
Cajun Cabin
Howl at the Moon (ended up there most nights)
Airboat Swamp tour
Oak Alley
Destrehan Plantation
Mardi Gras World
Haunted History Tour
French Market
Garden District & Camellia Grill

...QUOTE]
Cafe du Monde--mmm Sugar and fried dough and chickory coffee.
Pat O'Brien's--Huricanes
House of Blues & Margaritaville---mmmmmmm
No Patout's--good place

Was the Haunted History tour the one that went past Ann Rice's house? All the tours go to the cemetaries right?

Mickey&JoshNut said:
Renae,

Mom & I are using DCL transfers to get to/from the ship. We are staying at Disney's Grand Californian after the cruise.

I just thought it would be easier for us - I've heard that the freeways in LA are crazy.

Elaine

Elaine
We are using DCL transfers to DL and staying at the Disneyland hotel

Ashley

It's pink and purple... it will make it easier for Joe to find me....LOL my snorkle gear is blue so is that a fashion faux pas?? Oh dear!!

Lynn is the dive fashon expert, so I will defer to her expertise. Lynn has a pair of bright pink Force Fins that make her very easy to find on night dives.

Kevin&Randall said:
According to another site (can I quote which one?) here is the list of TV stations currently available.

11 View from the Bridge
Randall

:earsboy:
Last time we were on Board View from the Bridge was nearly as exciting as looking out from our Cabin!!!

Ashley

Elaine, My family is also using DCL transfer to the Grand Californian upon arrival.
pirate: pirate: pirate:
Bill

That was a marathon had to read thru nearly 30 pages as it was a couple of days since I was last on the site.

Ashley

ashleydoc, glad you're online. Question. Was Fergie at the royal wedding last week? Or is she just banished forever to the colonies? She was my favorite royal. Must be the red hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter