20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all!! :flower:

Michael is off on his Sunday morning "long" run and all the kids are still asleep,
so it is catch-up time on the DISboard!!

Linda - Congratulations on all of your bargains yesterday! It sounds like you had a great time, too!

Scott, Lynn & Kelli - I hope the stagecoach delivers you in time for sailaway in four weeks...don't you all leave pretty soon??

Bought three pairs of shoes yesterday. :earseek: DH was wonderful, never once did he ask me what I was going to do with all these shoes. :love: I think half of my box to be shipped will be filled with shoes!

Have a great day everyone! :cheer2:

seaulater said:
Mine came pony express via slow boat from China....

MY!!! That really was the long way......someone must have used mapquest!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:sad:
seaulater said:
SCRAPBOOK USA EXPO!

OH MY GOSH..................after spending 5 hours at the expo and about 75 vendor booths later, boy did I have an incredible time!

It's the largest scrapbook expo in the country (so they say) and they have all the manufacturers there and you can buy directly from them and then there are a bunch of retail joints there and they bring a bunch of stuff.

So, it was like shopping at 75 different scrapbook stores all in one place with all the latest and greatest ideas and stuff.

Linda :cheer2: :cheer2:

I want to move to Salt Lake City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: I'm sooooo jealous!!!!!

75 scrapbook stores under one roof.....I'd be in heaven :cloud9: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elaine

Q's My Princess said:
Linda - Congratulations on all of your bargains yesterday! It sounds like you had a great time, too!
Linda--I'm thinking my sil and I need to make a run to SLC next year.....is it always in April? Where was it? Weren't you saying something about the stadium? The only one I know is UU, but I'm sure there's tons of high schools around there, too!

Q's My Princess said:
Scott, Lynn & Kelli - I hope the stagecoach delivers you in time for sailaway in four weeks...don't you all leave pretty soon??
I'm thinking Scott and Lynn will need to get going first---they've gotta trek over the mountains! We just have to roll downhill to Denver, and Linda has an aero port right in her backyard!!! Those darned flying contraptions aren't here to stay! Just a fad!!!

:sunny: Hi everybody :sunny:

Just thought I'd give you a report from sunny Orlando! It's warm, sunny, going to be about 80 today with a stiff breeze... :rotfl: I love Florida! :earsgirl:

For those worried about the water temp at CC, 3 weeks ago it was so nice that I forgot how long I was snorkeling at the family beach and burned the top of my head! :earsgirl: ( gonna wear my ears from now on...lol) We couldn't do it at Serenity bay because it was really windy and looked like a wave pool. Nobody went snorkeling there that day, darn it! :rolleyes: Would have swamped the snorkels :umbrella:

As for Walmart, I just about cleaned them out yesterday. :cheer2: Took my car in for an oil change and was told it would take 3 hours :hourglass so...I went shopping :teeth: Found a cool hat, 2 shirts, 2 capris, and some unmentionables :earseek: see if they make me wait again... :earboy2:

Anyone know a good place to get a hanging garment bag? Mine bit the dust and I can't seem to find them anywhere!

ttfn,
Renae :earsgirl:
aka Bloody Mary Flint pirate:

Linda,

So... what did you get? Was Mrs. Grossmans there, and if so, did they have some cool new stuff? I haven't been 'really' scrapbook shopping since my son's wedding in Salt Lake last year, and my SB room is getting mighty bare!

btw, I'm pm'ing you

Renae

moocow35 said:
Speaking of "We want our pins" I got the same generic response to my email. I wonder if they really are forwarding our suggestion to the appropriate management team?

Robin

I sent a second email to get a less generic response and was told that the final decision lies with the merchadising staff on the ship and that all of our concerns were forwarded to them and that hopefully they would listen to our considerations. So maybe all the emails helped.

:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

Oh Boy Catherine gets to help us do a Man Over Board Drill.

That's a Woman Overboard Drill. It'll occur at the first sign of "Hot Hot Hot" or if the singers in that lounge outside the Parrot Cay restaurant start singing the "Titanic" theme again. Who sings that on a cruise ship? Of course, I'm the one who wants to bring a DVD of "The Poseidon Adventure." Maybe I can bribe them to sing "The Morning After."

Hello fellow cruisers! :wave2:

If anyone needs a cafepress coupon code I have one.

GARDENFILES is good for $5.00 off a $20 purchase until 4/19.

I ordered our sailaway t-shirts last week. I just wish that I hadn't waited until all the other codes expired-I paid full price! I wasn't able to get anything for my 2 year old. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the image? Maybe I could make an iron on transfer for a shirt for him.

Georgie, when will you find out about how you did on the test? We all have our fingers crossed for you! :grouphug:

Shannon

f4bb2de5.jpg

This is not a mistake !! sunday edition will follow.. Later.. :cloud9:

Saturday Edition
What's Going On.
:fish: Precruise Going On's :fish:

NEW
ACA PORT AUTHORITY / Roberto = The "Great Acapulco Polo Shirt Race" MoRe InFo HeRe. Follow up Rules HERE

NEW
ACA PORT AUTHORITY = The Grand Reception, As the Magic Arrives and Departs Acapulco. More info Here. SEE A Great Photo Of The Port Here.

NEW
EAST - West Planned Chat info click HERE Hygiene99 / Peter, Has location And Password ... Just Pm.

IN PROGRESS
TigFanJeff = DOOR MAGNETS Get them now Personalized.
If your Dis Screen Name Starts With A thru M, Full Story Here . See Them Here.

New
APHOENIX = Help With Shipping When You Arrive in Ca. Get info Here

NEW
Kpros = The Scavenger Hunt, get the Full Story HERE.

UPDATED LISTS
SandraLee = Official Excursion List Maker! Like to See Who is going with you?
PM your info to SandreLee and she will put this All together. Click Here to PM Castaway Cay: List.
Curacao: List. Mazatlan: list. . Acapulco: List.. Cabo San Lucas: List.

NEW
KPROS = ATV Tour in Cabo ... Get The Full Report Here. This Is For The 9 am Tour.Click Here to PM..... Follow up Report here.. .....See the Current List Here.

Jeff & Jen = WEBSITE, List of people Going & Photo's The Master List
If You wish to be added, You may Email your info. Info for The Master List.

Jeff & Jen = See where we are Stayying Click here .

Jeff, Jen & TDC Nala = T Shirt Design's
The t shirt designs, you can order them off cafe press And Zazzle at your convience. There are 3 designs, the second one was made by TDC Nala.
Design #1 Kingdom To Kingdom, @ Zazzle
Design #2, Repo This, @ Cafe Press
Design #3, PIN DESIGN ON A T shirt @ Zazzle..
Design # 4, Pin Design on a T shirt POLO @ Zazzle.
TikiGirl = Cafe Press $5.00 OFF Coupon.
GARDENFILES is good for $5.00 off a $20 purchase until 4/19.

Suggested a while back that we wear our"Repo This" shirts on Embarkation day. and our "All I got was this lousy t-shirt" on Debarkation day. We Are planning on doing This. If You Wish.

Cotomom = Iron On Patches, Click Here To View Deadline has passed.

Moocow35 = Pins, Limited Edition Design To About 500.. Thank You John And Susan.. See Them Here. Deadline has passed.
Moocow35 = Extra pins available for latecomers, Click Here to PM
VideoGal1 = Extra pins available for latecomers, Click Here to PM
Kellib36 = Extra pins available for latecomers, Click Here to PM

Scott H. = PreCruise Get Together Saratoga Springs Resort, Wine & Cheese Meet. 5/13/05 Friday. Click Here to PM Get full Report Here. Follow Up Here.

VideoGal1 = 5/13/05 Airport Hyatt Dinner MeetClick Here to PM

Q's My Princess = List of Pirate Names. Click Here to PM Alot of folks Dressing up for the pirate deck party..Get Pirate Name here pirate: Learn to talk pirate.Click Here
or here ....See the List Here.. pirate:

EnnisB = THE CHAT ROOM Come join us as we As we Discuss more fun things to do on our Cruise.Get There Click Here

What's Happening Onboard
SAILAWAY GIFTS & SUCH

*Two Meet's scheduled, Deck 10 at 3 pm, and the deck 10 Sailaway Party.

Disneydreamer8 = Sailaway Party List, .
See the Current list.

Jeff & Jen = Door Magnets, Gift to all.See Them Here...

Spros = Sailaway Gift linked to stateroom's More Here.

Bonzie 1 = Sailaway Gift @ 3pm Full Report H.ere

MyFairyGodMother = Sailaway Gift, More on that Here...
i12go2wdw, nyccajun, DVCminnieand Disney Deamer8 = Putting together gift bags for the Sailaway party.

Scott H. & Lynn = cruise sailaway gift. We will be making letters of Marque for Pirate Night. More info Here.

Q's MY Princess & Prince Charming = Sailaway Gift, Pirate Night door magnets, are my sailaway gift to all those DISboarders out there who are participating in Pirate Night on our cruise. Either PM or post your pirate name(s). Let me know which one you would like by either PMing me or posting a comment under the picture you like here on this site. See Them Here.

AshleyDoc = We are bringing some small souvenirs of London to give out at the 3pm Sailaway, have a few London Pins if anyone anyone would like.

WebRay = Surprise Gift, To be Delivered to Your Fish. If You are on the List.

LittleKid58 = Sailaway Gift, Bottles of bubbles..

MEB51 = Bringing small bottles of bubbles to the sail-away party at 3:00 Pm.

Tap & Dap = Sailaway Gift, Sandal Key chain.
LITTLEKID58 = Bringing Mardi Gras Beads. for the Sailaway .

Cotomom, 3DAN & rcostello1 = A Cute little idea. For a Sailaway Gift

ShellofclearH20 = Special Surprise at sailaway party.

Hygiene99 = Surprise at Sailaway party, 5:24 pm.

TADsMommy = Surprises for everyone at both the 3pm and the sailaway parties.

Moocow35 = surprise at Sailaway..

First Timers =Gifts to share at the sail aways, and Special Plastic Wine glasses for the Wine tasting party.

VideoGal1 & Cash = Sailaway goodies that will be keyed to stateroom numbers. FromThe Master List..

Mickey & Joshnut = For the sailaway gifts making special customized lifesavers wrappers.

Janis = Sailaway Gift, mini flashlight keychains.

BriSully = ButtonMore info Here..

Bonzie1 and Brisully=To see It. Click Here

Karaeric, AZpirates, Seaulater, Kpros / Spros, DisneyPinDiva, Scott H., Hygiene99, BobandLee and WebmasterRegina. =

Name Badge's / Lanyard Give Away.

We are going to use the The Master List If for some reason you really don't want to be on Jeff's list, but would like a name badge, you can PM, KPROS with your information.

Kellib36 =Glow necklaces As Sailaway gift. To be used on one of the Deck party night's.

:grouphug:
Planned Events

Karaeric = Wine Tasting, Sponsored By :Dreams Unlimited Travel. :drinking1

BYOW, Folks are Bringing Regional Wines and there favorites for others to taste. Limited to Children of Legal Drinking age..Click Here to PM
Wine tasting: Have questions about how wine is made or why 2 chardonays can taste so different? Send me all your questions about wine and we'll have a special wine making presentation during our tasting event.Click Here to PM

Danicaw = High Tea List . On Board the Magic, reservations Will Be made on the ship , May have to be split into several groups. Deadline has passed.

kellib36 = Palo Brunch, "other-than-private-room" It is Going to Be the same day as the Private room.Brunch Sat. or Sun. May 21 or 22 at 10 a.m. deadline has passed.

Seaulater = Palo Brunch Sat. or Sun. May 21 or 22 at 10 a.m. Full Sorry.

Seaulater = Linked Dining Main Seating Ended 2/28/05Get The Full report Here.

DVC Minnie = Linked Dining Late Seating Ended 2/28/05Get the Full report Here.

THE DIS LUNCH = this will be held on Friday May 27th No response necassary.
Watch Your Dis Navigator For this. Time and Location To Be Determined..

WEBRAY = Cigars & Spirits Get Together. Enjoy a Good Cigar or a Stiff Belt. Then Come Meet BOB and others at the Get together. Time to Be Announced...Watch the Dis Navigator for this..Cigars and Spirits to be Provided. If you let them know.. Click Here to PM

TDC Nala = The Book Exchange, Get the Full report here.........Follow Up Report Here. Watch the Dis Nav.for info.

Seaulater =Scrapbook Meet.Click Here to PM Get The Full Report Here.
UPDATED

Bettemom = Scrapbook Gift Exchange $20.00 value, to Be Exchanged at the SB meet. More info Here

Bettemom = Counted Cross Stitch Class, Learning Kit to be provided. Click Here to PM ...... full report here

ImprovGal = Coming soon to an "at sea" day near you -- "Cruise Line Is It Anyway? (Improviseational Comedy)" :rotfl:
I know this will come as a complete surprise to everyone, but one of my interests is improv comedy. Since DCL took the improv out of Off-Beat, it's up to us to bring improv back to the Magic. So, I'll be "hosting" some improv games on one of the at sea days TBD. Anyone interested? No experience necessary. It's just for fun. Audience members needed.

Tink33 = Walks around the deck, workout in the gym, swimming, dancing at the deck parties - every bit of exercise means more chocolate souffle. And I will think of a reward program for those that join us. pm if intrested. All levels of fitness are welcome. Official Name of Group.
Ready to Exercise Phor Overindulging.. :banana: .Click Here to PM

Mvlmeco * = Weight - Loss Mates. Interested parties can send me a private message for more info.. Click Here to PM......Full Story Here. Follow Up Report
HERE. And the latest Info here

Karaeric = TAG GAME.: If you would like to play, please PM Kara your stateroom # and names. If you don't yet have a cabin #, send it as soon as you get it.we will have one (or two) Mickey shaped door magnets that will get passed around the ship. Each person who receives the magnet will sign it, then go "tag" another participant's cabin door! It's a lot of fun. I'm hoping we can get the Mickey to go around to everyone more than once since we have 14 days!
Click Here to PM

Hygiene99 = Group photo, Will arrange for Disney Photographer on a Sea day, Probably in Atrium Area. If You are on The Master List you Will be notified on the ship.

Hygiene99 = Group Photo to be taken on Pirate Night with all of us dressed up in our pirate clothing. Captain Hook and Mr. Smee Will Be requested to Join us... Group photo to be taken right in front of Lumiere's.

Scott H. = Castaway Cay Snorkle meet Adult Beach. Click Here to PM Get The full Report Here....Follow Up Here..

Scott H. = The Grass Skirt Fraternity. Join in the fun for Tropical night Or Dinner At Palo. Click Here to PM :smooth:

Seaulater = Donald (DUCKY) WILLIAMS, Pin and Card Presentation
Extra Pin ordered, To give to Don "Ducky" Williams From his "Friends & Family" from the Dis Boards.
I thought I would do a card and get as many people as possible to sign and give it to him with the pin as a token of appreciation. He really does go above and beyond.

Seaulater = Disboard Navigator. The Navigator To Be Made and delivered to everyone's "fish" for when they arrived at their stateroom door.
I will make up the navigator (for everything we have scheduled prior to the cruise), print, bring, and deliver to everyone. I will also bring extras for the sailaway party(ies).
What has been done in the past is that the Navigator was posted, before we left on a website and then people could print out if they wanted.

Stateroom Volunteer = Volunteer's To Post, The DIS Navigator That Will Be published each Day By Seaulater, Will contain What is Going on Each Day with The Dis Events. To Be posted on these stateroom doors. also maybe needed for 1 or 2 Special delivery's Zazu's Crew = Ennisb / Son = Deck 8, Videogal1 = Deck 7,AZ Pirates = deck 6, MyFairyGodmother = deck 5, I12go2wdw/ Jordan = Deck 2,
Still need deck 1 Sorry I messed this up.. :teeth:

Seaulater = The List of Special Events. Birthdays, Anniversaries ?? Will Be printed on the Dis Navagator, So We can Celebrate your Special Day..
Email Us Here

KaraEric = Rotary Club, Calling all Rotary Club Members! My father is in Rotary and mentioned the other day that he will be missing three weeks worth of meetings for this trip. He was curious to know if there were other Rotary Club members cruising with us. If there are, he suggested holding a meeting or two on the ship to make up for the missed meetings with your local chapters.
I will be happy to coordinate this effort....Click Here to PM

DisneyPinDiva = Pin Trading, Seems we have Quite a few.. Pin trading meet while on board. Get The Full Report Here. ....current list here Click Here to PM
Pins For Sale On Repo Cruise Click here

HMRGANG = List of Teens, OK - I will volunteer to coordinate a list of "tweeners" (and teens, if they want to be included).Like to get to know about some of the other Young Adults on your Cruise, Make some new friends or someone to hang with ?Get the full Story here ........ :goodvibes
.Click Here to PM

ACA PORT AUTHORITY / Roberto = The "Great Acapulco Polo Shirt Race" MoRe InFo HeRe.
After Our Cruise Has Ended.
APHOENIX = Help With Shipping When You Arrive in Ca. Get info Here

Rcostello1 = Fantasmic Private Viewing. At Disneyland on the Saturday We arrive Space is limited to 21 TBA Cost $53.00 Desert Buffett..

Videogal1 = The Price Is Right. Trip See a taping of the Show.The date for TRIP is May 31. Deadline has passed.

NejTheLion = I was thinking about offering to put together a DVD of the cruise - collecting photos and possibly video footage from the cruisers afterwards, making some music videos, slideshows, etc. already having done quite a few for assorted family functions. I can make them all spiffy Nothing that needs to be decided now - just wondering if that's something any of you might be interested in... Email Here Just Click. Get the Full Report Here.

Get The hours For Disneyland Here..

Just Some thought's​
Still Feel That DISNEY CRUISE LINE : Will alter the Route. :hyper2:

Some folks are staying at 2 of the most stayed at resorts at the Port
Ron Jons and the Radisson, no official meets have been Set up as of yet but Look for folks all day around the pool area's also several others at the Airport hyatt and plans are in works.

Some Other Tid Bit's. Of Info​
Disney Visa $50.00 Stateroom Credit. If You Qualify, Dont Miss Out. click here.

The Tip Caculator.. Get It Here

ACA PORT AUTHORITY = The Grand Reception, As the Magic Arrives and Departs Acapulco. More info Here. SEE A Great Photo Of The Port Here.

EpJenk = Dont want to Bring the 5 gallon Jug of shampoo You Got At COSTCO. try this site for all your traveled sized needs.. click Here

PASSPORTS = Strongly suggested By Disney Cruise Line...Get the full Report Here.
Here is a link you can get the application here have it all filled out the go to your local Post office that may offer this service..http://travel.state.gov/

Attire, = There will be two (2) formal and two (2) semi formal evenings. There will be one (1) pirate(1)tropical nights. I guess that leaves nine (9) "cruise casual" nights were jeans are allowed in the dining rooms (don't even get me started!)

Food = There are plans to introduce new lunch and dinner menus so that no menu will be repeated during the course of the sailing.

Entertainment = A new production show to be offered. Called " Twice Charmed ". Cinderella themed Stage Show.

Donald Ducky Williams, will be onboard and we will recieve 2 Lithographs
1 for going on the cruise and one for going thru the canal.
This has been said on other cruises by DDW .

Canal Party = All seas travel, is hosting a party in the Roy Suite the day of the Canal crossing . for its customers. You can do better than that..

Return Cruisers Gift = It is rumored that there is a new gift not a beach towel as on past Cruise's.

The Disclaimer​
It is not Mandatory that you bring something for everybody, we all understand.. People do what they can with what they have ..
This Maybe a trip of a Lifetime.
Please feel Free to Stop by at any of the Events with or without something for People on the cruise.. Meeting You Would Be, The Best Gift Of All..
Im sure I speak For All On This Thread. Come on be part of the Fun,
Dont miss out. 05/14/05 Repo Cruise Thread..

:cloud9: Call someone Who Cares ! 2:cloud9::cloud9: :cloud9:

auntrenae said:
Took my car in for an oil change and was told it would take 3 hours :hourglass so...I went shopping :teeth: Found a cool hat, 2 shirts, 2 capris, and some unmentionables :earseek: see if they make me wait again... :earboy2:

Yeah, you showed them!!! That'll teach 'em!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Bad things like breaking your neck. Lifejacket stops in the water before your body stops.

Lynn is sleeping late these days as she is working graves so last night I told here to put a sign on the door telling the UPS guy to knock real loud. In the past the documents used to come via FedX. Did DCL change their delivery service?

I might call delta today and see if there are any FF seats available from JAC to MCO and SNA back. Would save us the drive to Idaho Falls for this trip.

Hi everyone! :wave2:

Made it back from New Orleans last night. Whew what a trip!

Cafe du Monde
Margaritaville
Bubba Gumps
House of Blues
Zydeco cafe
Pat O's
Cajun Cabin
Howl at the Moon (ended up there most nights)
Airboat Swamp tour
Oak Alley
Destrehan Plantation
Mardi Gras World
Haunted History Tour
French Market
Garden District & Camellia Grill

But now I have 20+ pages to catch up on! You guys sure talk a whole lot! :rotfl:

And now back to your regularly scheduled topic...

Kendra :cheer2:

ps. anyone know how to quickly lose the 10 pounds I gained in N'awlins? :earseek:

wlecome home Kendra..

Make sure you look at the updates list several new things .. The Grand Reception in Acopulco is one of them..

peter

I Garantee at least (4 ) People Reading this thread. will get mail this week ... :cloud9: ok 5 But one is not one of Us.. lol
Sortof. :rolleyes:

cotomom said:
Hi everyone! :wave2:

Made it back from New Orleans last night. Whew what a trip!

And now back to your regularly scheduled topic...

Kendra :cheer2:

ps. anyone know how to quickly lose the 10 pounds I gained in N'awlins? :earseek:

Kendra... next time ask Georgie to come along too and she'll eat half your stuff, so you each can gain 5 lbs! :rotfl2:

We did Oak Alley too! I could just picture ourselves living in that mansion :goodvibes . Glad you had a good trip!

Now... get ready for this GREAT one which is just around the corner! :hourglass Soon... oh so soon!

eeyorefreak said:
Hello fellow cruisers! :wave2:

Georgie, when will you find out about how you did on the test? We all have our fingers crossed for you! :grouphug:

Shannon

Hi Shannon! I hope the results don't come out until we get back from the cruise!!! :wizard: That way I'll be pumped up with pixie dust and ready to face the the score!!!

Feel free to uncross those fingers during the cruise! :wave2:

Catherine I’m sorry, Person Over Board, or in Disney’s case would it be Guest Over Board???

We took my sister and her family on a Disney cruise one year for their Christmas present. My nephew made us watch Titanic before we departed, then he kept running around the ship yelling “Iceberg dead ahead”.

I'll chip in on the bribe.

No changes avail out of JAC on Delta.

Hey Scott!

Be sure to check out the WALMART stock on Monday! You can all my sales to the earnings. Just came back. Regina, Regina, where are you... Now I need YOU to tell ME to STOP! There will always be JUST ONE MORE thing to buy there! :rotfl:

Now, I did buy all the Mother's Day gifts, but... there were a few items in the basket for me too! ::yes::

Would you believe I went by the blinkie flippy floppie section again and threw a pair on the ground just to see them light up! :rotfl2:

Scott H said:
Bad things like breaking your neck. Lifejacket stops in the water before your body stops.

EW!!! That would ruin your day!!! :earseek: I think we should all show up for lifeboat drill with our life jackets around our waists....we could braid the strap in REALLY creative ways!!! Yet another way to distinguish Dis-ers from "the rest".....

tap & dap said:
I sent a second email to get a less generic response and was told that the final decision lies with the merchadising staff on the ship and that all of our concerns were forwarded to them and that hopefully they would listen to our considerations. So maybe all the emails helped.

:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

That's good news! :cheer2: Hopefully they will realize there is a fairer more reasonable way to handle this than to have hundreds of people line up at a time :rolleyes:

Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter