• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

20031204--The "official" Dec. 4th MVMCP DIS Meet--INDEXED

I'm thinking of joining y'all. I'm a little concerned about the MVMCP though. I've read the nightmares with overcrowding. Also, I'm really not into parades or shows. I'm not crazy.....just blind. I would enjoy the fireworks though. Which rides aren't open?

Just trying to decide if it's worth it. I'm leaning towards doing it.

I went last year during Dis con--Sunday Dec 8 I think and it wasnt bad at all. I think if you hit an early one and also a night other than Fri or Sat it shouldnt be to crowded. I thought it was worth the money and I'm hoping to make it this year too.And the best part you can hang out with a bunch of Disers!!

Heather - I hope that you decide to join us on the 4th. You won't notice the crowds at all. :)

I will be there on the 4th but will have to skip the dinner as we are going to have the boys nap first so that they can make it all night. Where will you be meeting after dinner??? Or is the meeet just for the dinner?

I am really psyched to meet you all!

Michele:)

I'm really considering it, especially for the carolers and bands. I love music.

Which rides are open and which are closed? Is all of Adventureland closed?

Thanks, John.

What is considered 'advance' purchase? When ordering tickets before arrival, are they mailed to you or do you pick them up?

I guess what I'm getting at is that we will be in Orlando at least 3 days before checking in at WDW. Could we order them over the phone and then pick them up at the Poly at check-in? Just curious about how it all works.

You order and pay for your MVMCP tickets now. WDW will mail them to you. Most of us already have our tickets. Well, my DW has them. :o I might lose them!! :teeth:

MVMCP nights have been known to sell out so I wouldn't wait until you get to your resort.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Sold out? That's what I'm talking about....:( Then the crowds will be awful.

you should be able to order them now, and have it so that you can have them picked up will call, so that you can pick them up when you get there and not have to worry about losing the tickets.

From my limited experiences, the MVMCP's that are held on the weekends are the ones that are more likely to sell out. That's why I'm glad that our event is being held on a Thursday evening.

As far as being crowded, it will be no more crowded than a sold out E-night. I believe that they limit the number of tickets to this event to 20,000.

Last year I bought my ticket in August to make sure I got one. I went on a Sunday night--Dec 8 I believe. That night never sold out and the crowds were great. Hardly any lines for most attractions. The longest line I encountered was in a store buying a shirt and pin.

I'm pretty much of a lurker but me, DH and DD[25] will be at the MCVMCP Dec. 4 so we plan to come and lurk at the meet LOL!

Arlene:earseek:

I talked it over with Chris. It looks like we'll do it. Is there a time and place to meet y'all after you eat at CP?

That is great, Arlene. Looking forward to meeting you and family.

And great you and Chris too, Heather. Will Jay be coming also?

Not sure if we have a spot yet after CP. I know in the past, we just sort of went out and headed left, to PoC for pictures. I am sure it will evolve, LOL.

This sure is going to be a nice, big DIS meet night!!!!

I really hope that we can all meet after dinner. We have so many PS that if I make another one at this point dh will KILL me !:rolleyes: I am really excited. And I don't think they are near selling out I just bought an additional childs ticket and the person said they had plenty left. So hopefully it won't be bad.

Is there something that we can all wear so that we can recognize a feloow DISer if we are not at the dinner?

I'll ask Jay. He's living in Orlando now.

Come on folks. We had nearly 100 DISers at MVMCP last year. Let's see if we can do that again.

I'm looking forward to meeting some new DISers on the 4th. :teeth:

We have tickets on the 4th... Me, My Mom, and Stepdad.

We already have reservations for the Royal Table at 5:30P (Actually, we have breakfast at Crystal Palace that day :) ) - so we won't be joining you for dinner, but would be interested in meeting up later!

What do you wear to recognize each other... I saw some mention of lime green ribbons??? Just a normal ribbon, or something special?

We're going to MVMCP!!! I'm so excited!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter