• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2/15/2013 - 8 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

Ok-for some reason, FB let me join the group once, then must have deleted me from the group, because I can no longer post on the page. :( :confused3

Ok...really wierd-it says I am a member of the group, but I can no longer post. Now I'm super confused! :confused3

Kim, I think Facebook may be having issues. I had the same type of thing happen several times yesterday or I could only see the top post and not even respond to that. Then this morning when I try to get to Facebook at all it says they are having technical issues and to try again later.

Good thing I am not that big of a facebook user. :)

Kim, I think Facebook may be having issues. I had the same type of thing happen several times yesterday or I could only see the top post and not even respond to that. Then this morning when I try to get to Facebook at all it says they are having technical issues and to try again later.

Good thing I am not that big of a facebook user. :)

Wierd....ok, I'll check again later! Thanks for letting me know!

The Facebook group flaked on me too. This morning I woke to find I was no longer a member. I clicked the Join button again so you might have to approve me again unless it corrects itself.

Please add my family to the Fish Extender Exchange.

• Dawn (mom)
  • Ryan (dad)
  • Josilyn (Josi for short) -age 14
  • Chance - age 12
Cabin 6520

Please let me know if you need more information and how I can access the list.

So excited! I finished my first test version of the FEE gifts we're making. :yay:

I was wondering, though. These are more geared towards kids. Do you make stuff for the grown-ups too? :scratchin

Can't wait to see what you made!

It is really up to you how you give. Some people just do a cabin gift, others only give to the kids, some give something to everyone, some people give just once while other may drop things off on more then one day. No real rules. It is just for the fun and people give in the way that is right for them.

I have been working on my gifts this week too. Although, I should go back and get the Fish Extenders finished that I started too. Can't seem to stay focused with all this Disney dreaming! :cool1:

We have always done the 7 day cruise not the 8 so I wasn't sure how the dinner schedule goes. Usually one night is pirate night and one night is captains feast (or something like that - seafood). Does anyone know which nights those are? I am going to book Palo and I don't want to book it on either of those nights. Any insight?

Ok...really wierd-it says I am a member of the group, but I can no longer post. Now I'm super confused! :confused3

DId the FB issue get cleared up or do I need to check into it. When I go to the page it has all of you as members. Let me know if it isn't working. (not that I'll know what to do but I can try something :rotfl2:

I just booked our hotel for the night before the cruise. We are staying in Galveston. Now I just need to work on transportation....:thumbsup2

My husband was asking me about this today. I have been researching it trying to find the most cost effective way to get there but I am having a hard time. Hiring a shuttle service or a car is a lot more expensive then I thought. Would love it if someone on the cruise was on our same flight and needed transportation and we could share a van. Not sure if it would work but it crossed my mind.

We have always done the 7 day cruise not the 8 so I wasn't sure how the dinner schedule goes. Usually one night is pirate night and one night is captains feast (or something like that - seafood). Does anyone know which nights those are? I am going to book Palo and I don't want to book it on either of those nights. Any insight?

I know pirate night is February 20th. I know because that's our anniversary. I decided to go ahead and book Palo that night anyway since DD swore she didn't care. She'll be eating in the kids club every night, I'm sure. :-/

As for a "cruise night", I'm not sure about that one. I know they usually do a formal night but I haven't heard which night that will be.

I know pirate night is February 20th. I know because that's our anniversary. I decided to go ahead and book Palo that night anyway since DD swore she didn't care. She'll be eating in the kids club every night, I'm sure. :-/
Isn't that an "at sea" day?

Julie, Facebook is working for me now.

We decided that I would drive in as the car rental and shuttle situation was crazy from the airport.

If anyone needs a good business idea, here it is. Affordable shuttle service or open a car rental location in Galveston that does not charge a crazy amount to drop the car there. I mean, if you think about it... Nearly everyone that rents a car to come down from Houston will also want to pick that car back up to go back to Houston at the end of the cruise, so it is not like you would end up with a zillion cars in Galveston. None of the car rental companies that I could find in Galveston were open past noon and Saturday and all were closed on Sunday.

If your business catered to the cruise passengers and you gave great customer service.... You could have a million dollar business! :thumbsup2

We got everything we wanted-which was mostly an early bus to Epcot. :)

Seeming more real! pixiedust:

Kimbo71 said:
Ignore.....tried to delete this post, but it won't let me.

I couldn't register last night either. I could only do activities. But it worked this morning and I was still able to get 1100 port check in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter