2/15/2013 - 8 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

Literally booked this cruise last night - YIKES! Won't feel real till we've paid in full, but I'm so excited!

We will be surprising the kids with the cruise as their Christmas gift (and ours, too for that matter!)

I'm definitely considering the FEE - but this will be our 1st time cruising, so I may need some hand-holding and help figuring everything out, LOL!

I suppose I should introduce our family - I'm Lori, DH is Matt, DS is Caleb (9) and DD is Ella (7)

Now to immerse myself in all things Disney Cruise! If only that pesky thing called "work" weren't around, I could accomplish so much! :rotfl:

Our kids are the same age! DS is 9 (Beckham) DD is 7 (Ainsley).

Hi Im new here and I would like to join this FE group. I just wanted to know if you have a Facebook group for this FE as well? Thank you very much and have a magical day.

Hello CaptCC,

I tried looking on Facebook as I know some people organize there too, but am not real familiar with how Facebook works and could not find anything if there was one. If you know how Facebook works, can you let me know if you find a group there as well?

If you PM me your details, I can get you added to the FEE here. :)

Thanks,
Beth

The last two cruises I went on we started a FB page. I am happy to start one if you want. I need a name for the group but I don't want to put the date in the group name. I don't like people on FB knowing when I'll be out of town.

Our kids are the same age! DS is 9 (Beckham) DD is 7 (Ainsley).

Sweet! I think we'll celebrate Caleb's 10th bday on board (his actual bday is March 2, but I think we might try to surprise him with something.)

The last two cruises I went on we started a FB page. I am happy to start one if you want. I need a name for the group but I don't want to put the date in the group name. I don't like people on FB knowing when I'll be out of town.

I like this idea and I think it's smart not to have the date in the group name.

Julie- Thanks for offering to set up a page on Facebook. I think that will be good for people that are familiar with Facebook and their may be people looking for a group over there. :thumbsup2

To keep the FEE manageable for everyone, if we get more than 15 cabins participating then I will split it into 2 groups. I will keep everyone updated on that. If we do get to the point that we are going to split the group, please let me know if there are certain people that you want to stay in a group with as I know there are several people participating that have relatives or friends also in the group. Also, let me know if you would like to be in both groups.

Right now we are still at 10 families (12 cabins). I think about 3 more people have expressed an interest in the FEE, but I do not have their details or a final confirmation. Is everyone okay if we do a sort of sign up cut of date of the day before Thanksgiving? I know that I need time to work on the gifts I am making and the holidays are so busy for me. Let me know what you think of that for a cut off.

Beth

I've noticed that a lot of the kids we've got listed are boys. Since I live in a house full of pink and princess stuff, I'm a little rusty on what boys are into. Does anyone have any suggestions for FEE gifts that boys would enjoy?

Hello CaptCC,

I tried looking on Facebook as I know some people organize there too, but am not real familiar with how Facebook works and could not find anything if there was one. If you know how Facebook works, can you let me know if you find a group there as well?

If you PM me your details, I can get you added to the FEE here. :)

Thanks,
Beth

I'll look for you, Beth. :)

Is everyone okay if we do a sort of sign up cut of date of the day before Thanksgiving? I know that I need time to work on the gifts I am making and the holidays are so busy for me. Let me know what you think of that for a cut off.

Beth
That cut off is fine w/ me.

I need a name for the group but I don't want to put the date in the group name. I don't like people on FB knowing when I'll be out of town.

Good thought. (although I don't have a good name idea other than that. Creativity isn't my strong point! lol!)

Welcome to all the new cruisers! The cut-off date works fine for me too. :thumbsup2 We have 1 more cabin traveling with us, but they haven't joined yet, not sure if they will or not. I will let them know they need to decide by then.
I too don't like posting on FB when I will be out of town...I do have a suggestion for the group name though..."Cruising to the World", sort of a play on words, instead to cruising around the world, since we will be cruising to WDW. ;) Just an idea...take it or leave it. :thumbsup2

I too don't like posting on FB when I will be out of town...I do have a suggestion for the group name though..."Cruising to the World", sort of a play on words, instead to cruising around the world, since we will be cruising to WDW. ;) Just an idea...take it or leave it. :thumbsup2

Cute!!! I love it! :woohoo:

Welcome to all the new cruisers! The cut-off date works fine for me too. :thumbsup2 We have 1 more cabin traveling with us, but they haven't joined yet, not sure if they will or not. I will let them know they need to decide by then.

I'll create a FB page for us tonight. Don't have time right now. I'll post when it's up and running and you can like the page or join the group (however it works on FB)

I'll create a FB page for us tonight. Don't have time right now. I'll post when it's up and running and you can like the page or join the group (however it works on FB)

OK I made a groups page on FB. I called it Disboards Castaway Crew. I set it up as closed group but I might have to change it to open if people can't join. Not exactly sure how it works on FB. I may have to approve everyone which is fine. Let me know if it doesn't work or you can't find it because then I'll know to change it to open or to send individual invites to anyone that wants to join.

A FB group has been made and hopefully it works. If it doesn't please bare with me. Group on FB is called Disboards Castaway Crew.

Katie - I have 3 boys, so happen to at least know what they like. With that said, my boys love everything Disney (can't begin to imagine how that happened!). Disney magnets, Disney pins, anything Disney with their name on it, Disney pens, water bottles, little flashlights, sand toys, anything they can put up in their rooms after the cruise to remember it by, and of course candy to take to the movies and shows. With that said, I should mention that my son Christopher is allergic to peanuts. If anyone would like to do candy for my boys that is fine, but please try and stay away from anything that contains peanuts or that was processed in a plant with peanuts as we will have peanut free cabins. Thank you all in advance. :thumbsup2

Julie - I looked on Facebook, but could not find the group. With that said, I will be the first to admit to not being real good at facebook. I did PM you my email address if you want to try adding me for the group. Thanks for working on getting that set up. :)

Beth

OK I made a groups page on FB. I called it Disboards Castaway Crew. I set it up as closed group but I might have to change it to open if people can't join. Not exactly sure how it works on FB. I may have to approve everyone which is fine. Let me know if it doesn't work or you can't find it because then I'll know to change it to open or to send individual invites to anyone that wants to join.

A FB group has been made and hopefully it works. If it doesn't please bare with me. Group on FB is called Disboards Castaway Crew.

I couldn't find it. Wonder if it has something to do w/ it being a closed group?

A closed group on FB requires an invitation. I'm in a closed group for grad school and someone sent me a notification to join.

Thanks for the tips on boy stuff AND the heads up on the allergy. We'll be sure to watch what we give! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter