2/15/2013 - 8 Night Western Cruise, Galveston, TX

Hello fellow cruisers! :wave2:

We'll be joining you February 15th on the Magic. :cheer2: We just couldn't pass up another kids sail free cruise. We got in on the Alaska one a couple of years back and it was wonderful.

The crew includes me (Dawn) my DH (Ryan), DD age 14 (Josi) and DS age 12 (Chance). This is our 4th Disney cruise and we'll be celebrating DS's 12th birthday. His birthday is actually February 14th (my valentine baby) and he considers this cruise the best gift ever.

We will probably participate in the Fish Extender fun, but I will let you know for sure before the Thanksgiving cut off date. I'm glad the group looks to be smaller because our last one was almost 50 cabins and the group chose not to split even though we were supposed to. It was crazy, but still fun.

I'm also interested in joining the Facebook group so please let me know when that is available.

Hi everyone!

We are so excited to be cruising on the Magic. We booked about a month ago, but I just discovered this board. I will be crushing along with my husband, our five year old son, and our four year old daughter. This will be the first cruise and first trip to WDW for the kids. We are so excited!

Jennifer

Hi everyone!

We are so excited to be cruising on the Magic. We booked about a month ago, but I just discovered this board. I will be crushing along with my husband, our five year old son, and our four year old daughter. This will be the first cruise and first trip to WDW for the kids. We are so excited!

Jennifer

Welcome!

I am curious about who books directly though Disney, who uses a travel agent (which one if you did), and did anyone get onboard credits along with the Kids Sail Free?

Welcome Dawn and Jennifer!

Dawn- I also have a 12 year old son and there is a great group of boys in the families here that will be on the cruise.

Jennifer - My youngest son is also a match with you 5 year old. Good thing there are plenty of 10 year old boys on here too for my middle guy.

Happymama - Is it Dreams that also gives some type of gift basket to cruisers that booked with them? $200 is a nice onboard credit.

SurpriseDW4HerBD - Are you taking your wife on a surprise cruise?

FEE - We are now at 14 cabins (12 families) for the FE exchange. If we get 2 more then I will split the group. 1 more and we will just stay at a group of 15. Please PM me if you need the link for the list if you signed up and did not get it already. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving will be the cut off to sign up for the FEE, so please let me know if you are interested and have not yet signed up.

Thanks,
Beth

I am curious about who books directly though Disney, who uses a travel agent (which one if you did), and did anyone get onboard credits along with the Kids Sail Free?

I ALWAYS book directly through Disney. I refuse to pay someone to do what I can do myself. Of course, as a former CM, I know the ropes pretty well but still...travel agents are for overseas trips to me.

As for OBC, I actually lost mine when I switched to Kids Sail Free, along with my 10% discount for booking while we were last sailing. It still worked out better.

Seriously, though, if you think you will EVER cruise Disney again, book while you're on the ship. They'll let you book the cheapest cruise so you put the lowest amount down and then you just keep modifying your res until you get the itenerary/dates you want. As long as you remember to do this far enough in advance, there are no penalties and your discount still applies. We booked this cruise summer of 2011 before the dates even came out for 2013. Then, when a better deal came along, we switched. If there hadn't been a better deal, we still would have been happy. :-)

I fixed the FB group. I had to switch it to an open group so everyone can join. If I wanted to keep it a closed group I would have to invite each person and I don't know everyone's real name LOL I only know people by their disboards name :-) If we find we want to have it as a closed group I can change it but for now it's open so you can join. Disboards Castaway Crew is the group. Let me know if you still can't find it or if it doesn't work.

I ALWAYS book directly through Disney. I refuse to pay someone to do what I can do myself. Of course, as a former CM, I know the ropes pretty well but still...travel agents are for overseas trips to me.

As for OBC, I actually lost mine when I switched to Kids Sail Free, along with my 10% discount for booking while we were last sailing. It still worked out better.

My travel agent doesn't charge anything. the price she gave me was the same I would have gotten if I booked directly through Disney. Plus she give an OBC. I too lost my OBC when I switched to the KSF price and I lost the OBC for using my disney visa. I guess you are only allowed one disney promotion at a time and the KSF was way better than the OBCs I lost. I still get to keep the credit from my travel agent b/c hers isn't considered Disney. Typically we don't use a travel agent but for our Disney cruises I do so I can get OBC.

My travel agent doesn't charge anything. the price she gave me was the same I would have gotten if I booked directly through Disney. Plus she give an OBC. I too lost my OBC when I switched to the KSF price and I lost the OBC for using my disney visa. I guess you are only allowed one disney promotion at a time and the KSF was way better than the OBCs I lost. I still get to keep the credit from my travel agent b/c hers isn't considered Disney. Typically we don't use a travel agent but for our Disney cruises I do so I can get OBC.

Hmmmm....that's very interesting! Maybe I should look into it!

Also, I just tried searching for the FB group and I couldn't find it. :-( Could definitely be me, though!

Julie, I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I can't seem to find the facebook group. Is there a link you can post here that I can click on? Sorry for not being good at facebook. :confused3 Do you always use the same travel agency or just look for one with the best OBC?

Julie, I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but I can't seem to find the facebook group. Is there a link you can post here that I can click on? Sorry for not being good at facebook. :confused3 Do you always use the same travel agency or just look for one with the best OBC?

See if this works. http://www.facebook.com/groups/202895766512925/

I am not FB savvy either - don't know why I volunteered to start the page b/c I don't know what I am doing. :confused3

I use the same travel agent just because she has all our information and knows us by now (third Disney cruise). I got her name from someone on Disboards. I used her for our first cruise and when we booked our 2nd onboard we her name down. The only difference I have noticed is that if we want to change our cruise dates or make any changes they have to go through her. Not a big deal in my opinion and worth the it for $150 or 200 OBC. If we do have changes I just call her or email her and say - we can't cruise when we originally booked change it to this date. If you want her information let me know and I will PM you.

Thanks for doing the facebook group, Julie. I was able to get there using the link and you should have received a request from me to add me to the group. Once you approve me, then I should be able to post. :) Keep in mind that I am not the 90 year old in the picture, that is my grandma. The picture is from Christmas 1971 and I am the little girl on the left. :cutie:

P.S. I am a little bigger now!

Well, I finally got around to paying our cruise off and made reservations for Palo brunch and dinner, and reserved the first bus to the Magic Kingdom. :cool1:
I also requested to be added to the FB page.
Does anyone know which hotels in Galveston that you can see the port from?

I just booked our hotel for the night before the cruise. We are staying in Galveston. Now I just need to work on transportation....:thumbsup2

I've stayed at the Harbor House in Galveston before. It is great! You can easily walk to the port from it.

I couldn't find it. Wonder if it has something to do w/ it being a closed group?

Ok-for some reason, FB let me join the group once, then must have deleted me from the group, because I can no longer post on the page. :( :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter