zippidy doo - DUH!

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
I ordered a DVC Video but it has not come yet... I am a little confused about the program.

Say I buy 200 points at 84.00? the cost is approx $17,000.00... say I put 5000.00 down and pay the 12,000 over the next 2 years... Disney has financing?

So meanwhile.... I have 200 points to use per year.. forever? what happens after the $17000.00 is paid off?

Sorry for newbie questions!

>>^..^<<

You will have use of the points until the year 2042, at which time the property reverts back to Disney. In the meantime you pay annual dues, currently approximately $4 per point. I know I'm leaving stuff out. What else, guys?

And yes, Disney does offer financing, although you can probably find a better rate through your own bank. I believe Disney is currently offering about 10.95% if you put 20% down, 11.95% for 10% downpayment.

You have wonderful accommodations for the next 39 years. And, Disney on top of that!!

Disney does offer financing....not always the best rate. I'm sure others will be able to offer more suggestions. A lot of people take out a home equity line.

The resorts work on a point basis - each night costing a pre-determined $ of points. It's best to buy your points at the location you will want to stay at the most -- therefore making your reservations as much as 11 months prior to your arrival. Other resort reservations would have to be made at the 7 month window.

I'm sure others will add more tips.

Once I have signed up and paid my downpayment - can my 1st points be utilized or do I have to wait a year??

The dues are 4.00 per point.. can they increase and are there taxes?

You sitll have to buy park passes etc... right?

Which is the most popular 'home" people choose?

>>^..^<<

Once you have signed up and paid your downpayment, yes , you can use your points that year-we, along with many others, have rushed to the phone to make ressies in days (I thought it was ironic that we made ressies even before we were approved for financing!)
There are property taxes-they are included in your dues, but you get a statement at the end of the year telling how much of your dues went for taxes (hope I remember right).
Sorry, you have to buy park passes.
That question about most popular resort is a real good one-don't know-only know that some people are VERY loyal to their favorite, some may call them fanatically so!

DW and I did an add on at the BCV in November. with a june use year. Even though we purchased in November we were allocated our June 2002 points which we banked in december. Not bad. If you love Disney, the DVC is a great deal.

Hope to welcome you home soon.

Scott, Peg and Tyler

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter