"You're Going WHERE on your 50th Birthday?!?

... now where can those park hours be hiding?

Here's boyz - come out and play ... I'm not going to hurt you ...:)

:rolleyes1

Glad our first day isn't until the 17th ...

Joel’s Eight (and counting) Rules for Visiting WDW with Joel

1 – The “real world” does not exist once you step foot in WDW – violaters must watch their (grand)daughter’s faces as they walk up Main Street USA dressed like their favorite princess.
2 – All so-called “adults” must revert to the mental age of 13 (or less) once in WDW (except when watching their [grand]daughter’s faces …) – violaters must play “Buzz Lightyear” or “Toy Story Mania” until the inevitable happens …
3 – There is no such thing as “bad” weather in WDW, even (or especially) if it’s raining …) – see Rule #1.
4 – There is no pouting, whining, crying, or melt-downs allowed in WDW – violaters will be “forced” to eat Mickey Ice Cream Bars until they come to their senses.
5 – There are no Democrats, Republicans, or Independents in WDW – only Mouseketeers; violaters must ride “It’s a Small World” over and over and over again … until they repent their evil ways.
6 – You must have your picture taken in front of Cinderella’s Castle and with at least one Character while in WDW – violaters must wear Mickey Mouse ears.
7 – You must eat at least one Mickey Ice Cream Bar – violaters … yea, like anyone’s gonna violate this rule!
8 a - Rise, shine, and get your butt to the park for the opening ceremony (you’re on vacation - you can catch up on your sleep at work …) – violaters will miss out on the best time to be in the parks ... and see Rule #4.
b – Afternoons are nap times (you’re on vacation …) – violaters must watch “Impressions of France” immediately after a big lunch at the World Showcase restaurant of their choice.
c – You must watch “Wishes”, “Illuminations”, and “Fantasmic!” and close each park at least once while in WDW – violaters will miss out on the best time to be in the parks ... and see Rule #4.
9 -

I'll be back ... (will you?)

I love these rules!!!!

Good Morning Joelp!!!! Come and check out my PTR, got some hours, or call!! They have them but the site isn't updated...woohoo!!! Now for some planning......:cheer2:

Park hours are FINALLY!!!! up on the WDW site ... :woohoo:

... with evening EMH at Epcot on Sep 18 - just as I hoped!!! :banana:

... and Spectromagic scheduled for Sep 19 - my birthday!!! :cheer2:

Time to put the DD to bed ... :scared: ... back later (unless she takes me down with her ... :rotfl:)

Park hours are FINALLY!!!! up on the WDW site ... :woohoo:

... with evening EMH at Epcot on Sep 18 - just as I hoped!!! :banana:

... and Spectromagic scheduled for Sep 19 - my birthday!!! :cheer2:

Time to put the DD to bed ... :scared: ... back later (unless she takes me down with her ... :rotfl:)

So glad everything is working out as you had wanted!! :goodvibes

(I sometimes accidentally fall asleep with my youngest, too!) :rolleyes1

Kathy

Thanks!!

My 10-year old niece is psyched to do Epcot - and I have a feeling it will be just her and I doing the EMH (and helping Kim Possible save the world ...:rotfl: )

... and we've never seen Spectromagic, so that will be a special b-day treat!!:dance3:

Back later today with a "final" intinerary ...

That's why I put " " around final ... :lmao:
... although, I'm not as bad as some people (who will remain nameless - but you know who you are!! :rotfl:)

So, what's the plan? Isn't this fun?!!!:banana:

Have you called to see what the difference is between online and by a CM? Maybe I should call again? Hmm....weird!!!:confused:

I would go by what's on-line vs. what a CM told you - they could have had wrong info, while I would hope that whatever was put on-line had gone through a few "quality checks" first ... :upsidedow

My big thing was evening EMH at Epcot on Sept 18 - which is what I expected would happen based on last year's schedule - so I'm good to go ... Now I just have to rethink my touring plan for Epcot, cuz a bunch of things I was gonna do during the day will also be open later at night ... so maybe we'll do other things during the day ... what to do, what to do ...??? :idea:

Speaking of which - I'll be back later with the itinerary ... now, it's time to spread some mulch (and sweat ... and maybe even use some shears ...!!) :rotfl2:

Hi! Came over to check out your PTR. Your first round of plans/ideas look good, can't wait to hear what you decide. You have so many people going, that will be fun! Arrival day is usually tricky because you want to do something because you are finally there...but what to do? It will be hot so I'd imagine the pool will have to be involved on the first day...hmmm will you pick Boma or Mara for dinner??

To answer your question:

Here's the "final" itinerary (probably ... more-or-less ... I guess ... but you never know ... :rolleyes1 ...)

Thurs - Sep 17

Arrive at MCO ~2:15 ... arrive at AKL ~ 4:00
Hang out at AKL - swimming, activities, etc. until (assuming I have the right schedule ...)
6:30 - African Storytelling
7:30 - Dinner at ...... Boma! Boma! Boma!
... followed by night animal viewing until bedtime (not that I'm going to get any sleep ... :hyper:

Fri - Sep 18

Breakfast at The Mara
~8:15 - arrive at Epcot and get psyched for Soarin'!!
~12:00 - lunch at Akershus
~2:00 - afternoon break at AKL
~5:30 - back to Epcot (starting with Spaceship Earth ...)
~7:00 - dinner at a WS CS place (probably Tangerienne Cafe or Yakitori House)
EMH after Illuminations (for those left standing ...)

Jed, Mindi, and Nina are driving to Orlando that day, with plans to hit Typhoon Lagoon - so that's an option for any of the "NJ crew" who wants to head there after the morning at Epcot (weather permitting ... )

... and with Jed/Mindi/Nina just hangin' at AKL that night, some of the "NJ crew" may just bag going back to Epcot ... (not me!! - and I've already put Alana on notice to expect to be up late ... :woohoo: )

I have to rethink my touring strategy for Epcot, since a bunch of the things we were going to do during the day will also be open during EMH ...

Saturday - Sep 19 (Birthday time!!)

Breakfast at The Mara
~8:15 - arrive at MK and get ready for the "Welcoming Ceremony" :banana:
Morning priorities: Peter Pan and saying "hi" to the Fairies in Pixie Hollow

~12:00 - lunch at a CS place (probably Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Ray's, depending on where we're at at the time ...)

~1:30 - optional afternoon break at AKL (I'll be staying in the MK!!)
~4:30 - dinner at 1900 Park Faire
~6:30 - back to the MK for fun stuff, Spectromagic :yay: & Wishes :cheer2:

At some place and point - Claire, Jim, and Grace will be joining us - probably during the afternoon break at AKL - and then having dinner with us, too. Claire will be in the MK 6 days earlier for HER birthday, so they won't be hitting the park with us (but you never know ... :) )

Sunday - Sep 20

Breafast at the Mara
Checkout and get boarding passes for the flight home :sad2:

~8:30 - arrive at Animal Kingdom (probably start with FotLK - or EE for those foolish enough to take on the Yeti ... :scared1: ... not me!! :scared: )

~12:00 - lunch at an AK CS (probably Flame Tree BBQ or Pizzafari ...)

~4:00 - say good bye to AK :(

~ 5:00 - take bus to MCO for flight back to reality (Nooooooooooo!! :sad: )

~8:30 - start planning next trip to WDW on the flight home ... :thumbsup2

I'm still working on touring plans - I have "priority" attractions from just about anyone who cares - and I'll post "initial preliminary maybe draft final" versions of them in the near future ...

So - what do you think so far??

Looks great!! :thumbsup2 I didn't realize your trip was a short one, too, are you feeling stressed trying to fit everything in? I guess you just need to prioritize and go from there.....your plans look fun!!

I would maybe consider Sunshine Seasons in the Land as an option for CS dinner at Epcot. Both Yakatori House and Tangierine Cafe have mixed reviews....although if I were going to choose one, I'd go with Tangierine Cafe. We had a good meal there in 05 (quality could be diff now).

Whew! I think you'd better eat all your Wheaties! :laughing:

Kathy

Frosted Flakes ... :lmao: (... with Jersey blueberries ... :))

I think we'll be able to handle it as long as the weather isn't toooo hot and humid ... and it's only 3 days (I definitely would have a slower pace planned if we were staying longer ... :upsidedow )

I would maybe consider Sunshine Seasons in the Land as an option for CS dinner at Epcot. Both Yakatori House and Tangierine Cafe have mixed reviews....although if I were going to choose one, I'd go with Tangierine Cafe. We had a good meal there in 05 (quality could be diff now).

Definitely! - especially if it's raining or REALLY hot and humd!! :thumbsup2

We've had breakfast at SS a couple times - after Soarin' over California ... but never lunch or dinner (the DW doesn't care for the "cafeteria" atmosphere of the place ... go figure ... although she was intrigued by the food offerings ...)

We traditionally eat at Restaurant Marrakesh each trip - so Tangerienne Cafe is sort of keeping with that tradition (and I've heard good things about the food ...)

And the DD likes Chinese and Japanese food (and the DW loves sushi), so Yakitori House is the "no chicken nugget/no mac 'n' cheese" dinner option for her ... :rotfl:

I have a feeling it's just gonna end up just being Alana and I in Epcot that night - especially if a bunch of the crew go to Typhoon Lagoon that day (they'll be whipped ...) - so we'll just have to see what happens ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter