Your Top 5 - Rides at California Adventure

My favorite ride at DCA is Grizzly. It is the best!
I also enjoy in no particular order Screamin', Guardian's (I really, truly prefer this to TOT), Toy Story, and Mater's.

I enjoy Racers, but it is a long queue and therefore requires FP to enjoy, and it's too difficult to get more than one FP so it misses out on the top 5. TOT was not in my top 5, it would have been beaten out by Racers or Ariel's or Turtle Talk... But Guardian's is so much fun! Our oldest was timidly afraid of TOT, and would only ride it once per trip. Guradian's is her absolute favorite ride at either park, Splash is her favorite at Disneyland. Our family loves DCA and could spend days there, in fact, we have.

I am not really into thrill rides, and with young kids, my favorites now revolve around happy memories with them.

1. RSR
2. Ladybug Boogie (our family loves to squish each other as we ride around- much crazier than tea cups)
3. Ariel (my younger DD can ride this a million times, and I love watching how much she enjoys it)
4. Monsters (this ride is awesomely underrated- I love classic style dark rides and am consistently bummed out with new additions to the parks never including them- the lack of a little kiddo friendly dark ride in Carsland is my only peeve with that land, and I imagine the same will be true in Star Wars land)
5. Soarin (I like both versions but wish the new one was executed better because the Leaning Tower of Eiffel is really annoying)

Just back from a visit.
1. Guardians of the Galaxy (rode every day)
2. California Screamin' (rode every day)
3. Radiator Springs Racers
4. Toy Story Midway Mania
5. Usually would be Monsters Inc. (unfortunately closed while we were there. I love that it is a dark ride in the old tradition -- the door room being a highlight.)Instead, I'll slot Animation Academy class or whatever its official name is. Spent a lot of quality 1/2 hours there this trip. :cloud9:

For me:
1) Californian Screamin
2) Radiator Springs Racers
3) Grizzley River Run
4) Silly Symphony Swings
5) Monster's Inc

Soarin'
Toy Story Midway Mania
Grizzly River Run
Radiator Springs Racers
And, if I can call it a ride,: It's Tough to be a Bug

1. Cali Screaming
2. RSR
3. TOT (I'm sure GOTG will be amazing)
4. Little Mermaid
5. Soarin' (would be higher but the new film just doesn't do it for me the way Soarin' over CA did)

1. Radiator Springs
2. California Screamin'
3. Guardians of the Galaxy (1st time will be in 24 days, but based on TOT, I'm pretty certain)
4. Toy Story
5. Not really a ride, but I love being in the lobby of the Animation Building with the film montages and music.

1.) California Screamin; when I first saw it I didn't expect to like it as much as I do but it is absolutely my favorite part of DCA. Always so much fun.
2.) Little Mermaid; my favorite Disney movie so naturally my favorite ride! Lines were always quick, i love how the ride works like the haunted mansion, it just submerges you in the atmosphere of every very thing going on in each scene.
3.) Golden Zephyr; I'm probably the only one to ever put this on a list but it was and is a favorite of mine. It rarely had a long line, always quick to find a spot... it was a fun view of Paradise Pier... the wind always felt nice and I loved being able to ride it multiple times in a row. On a beautiful sunny day its the best.
4.) old ToT - not happy about new marvel theme...
5.) Monsters inc/Mickeys Fun Wheel; MI is my favorite type of ride which is dark ride... I love being inside the movie and seeing the characters. Its just a cute ride.
Fun wheel was a nice place to cool down, with an awesome view. The lines are always slow unfortunately but once you're in a really enjoy it.

Paradise Pier as a whole was a huge part of my last trip. I have really fond memories of that area and spent the majority of my time at DCA there.

1. Radiator Springs Racers - nice combination of dark ride and slight thrill ride
  2. Toy story - fun for the whole family
  3. Guardians - a lot of fun. Loved the fast pace
  4. Screamin' - great coaster
  5. Luigi's Rolickin' Roadsters - great family ride

I have motion sickness issues with almost every ride at DCA, so I actually like the shows better than the rides. If I could, I would choose WOC and Frozen (I'm assuming I would choose it, since I loved Aladdin). But.....since we're talking about rides.....

1) RSR
2) Toy Story
3) Screamin
4) Goofy's Sky School (I wish I had found this one sooner; I think it's the most terrifying ride in both parks!)
5) Soarin (it would be ranked higher, but I really struggle with motion sickness on it)

1. Grizzly River Run. Love water rides, this one only narrowly loses the #1 ride in both parks to Splash.
2. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. Cause there's nothing like squishy family fun that leaves everyone giggling.
3. Soarin'. Never get tired of it.
4/5. Silly Symphony Swings/Toy Story Mania

If it could be could be called a ride, I would have put 3D Muppetvision in the #4 spot. Miss that one. But muppets frequently win with me.

2. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. Cause there's nothing like squishy family fun that leaves everyone giggling.

Ha ha...so true about Mater. But as you say, everyone is laughing the whole time (well except for this one family I saw where their wee little one was not too happy)

1. Screamin'
2. ToT. Will get to ride galaxy thursday! Can't wait and experience both versions!
3. Mater -just makes me smile
4. TSM
5. Soarin'

1. Grizzly River Run. Love water rides, this one only narrowly loses the #1 ride in both parks to Splash.
3. Soarin'. Never get tired of it.
4/5. Silly Symphony Swings/Toy Story Mania

If it could be could be called a ride, I would have put 3D Muppetvision in the #4 spot. Miss that one. But muppets frequently win with me.

I definitely agree with Muppets, my whole family loves muppets. We are WDW vets and luckily they still have Muppetvision there, I would be so sad if Disney took Muppets away from the East Coast.

RSR, Monsters Inc, Symphony Swings, Soarin, Screamin... not necessarily in that order. Our favorite morning once upon a time, we rode the swings 5 times without getting off... it was so fun! We loved ToT... dd is so mad about the conversion, she is boycotting it. So I don't know if I will even get to ride it this trip.

RSR, Monsters Inc, Symphony Swings, Soarin, Screamin... not necessarily in that order. Our favorite morning once upon a time, we rode the swings 5 times without getting off... it was so fun! We loved ToT... dd is so mad about the conversion, she is boycotting it. So I don't know if I will even get to ride it this trip.

I was with your DD, and was very irrationally angry at everything GOTG, anytime someone was all Groot is so cute, I would think "expletive Groot."

I rode it (both Normal and MAD versions) it is really fun. I really like the improvement to the ride motion, however I vastly prefer the theme of TOT still. I will happily ride it every trip and it made my top 5 DCA list, but TOT will always be special to me and GOTG will never be my favourite ride.

I was with your DD, and was very irrationally angry at everything GOTG, anytime someone was all Groot is so cute, I would think "expletive Groot."

I rode it (both Normal and MAD versions) it is really fun. I really like the improvement to the ride motion, however I vastly prefer the theme of TOT still. I will happily ride it every trip and it made my top 5 DCA list, but TOT will always be special to me and GOTG will never be my favourite ride.

I hear you on the irrational anger lol... dd won't watch the new movie either. I found a ToT shirt on Disney store for her to wear on our trip in November, it will be her protest shirt I am sure lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter