Your Predictions re Changes to DVC now that Iger is back as CEO

One of my big hopes is cleaning up the parks. We were at DS yesterday morning and all the walkways, fountains and benches had just been cleaned and were spotless. I saw an *army* of CM's carrying grabbers and picking up everything (there wasn't much as it had just been cleaned).

We go to EPCOT tomorrow and will check it out.

One of my big hopes is cleaning up the parks. We were at DS yesterday morning and all the walkways, fountains and benches had just been cleaned and were spotless. I saw an *army* of CM's carrying grabbers and picking up everything (there wasn't much as it had just been cleaned).

We go to EPCOT tomorrow and will check it out.
Glad to hear this, MickiMini.

Last edited:
Yes. Many advocate for your view. But since we're dabbling in predictions,opinions & viewpoints, I still hope resale DVC owners get a tiny piece of the DVC AP price discounts/types. And I predict it's possible, especially since the membership extras program is very fluid & not set in stone.
Never hurts to hope....We'll see.

Of course…hope is always good..but it was more that these changes began under Iger so at one point, he was definitely on board with making the two different

I'd like all those things, too, plus the return of FP+, even if it's a paid service. I do NOT like Genie at all. :)

But do you really think Iger will make any of them happen? I don't. Hope I am wrong!
Agree just bring back FastPass+ as a paid service and let us have our three choices in advance!!!! Hate having to wait on the first ride to set up the 2nd. You lose so much time and organizing your day is impossible.

Ford F150 instead of the more expensive Ford F350

The Sorcerer pass is good except for like 9 days of the year that 99% of those with an AP through DVC will not attend. Its really not the same as your analogy.

For all intensive purposes its a discount and savings because if I didn't have DVC Direct I would need to pay way more for zero difference in my AP.

I didn't "save" by paying less. I avoided spending more of my own money.

You are over thinking this and doesn't align to US vernacular.

Saving money is spending less money than you would have otherwise. Its not saving from the context of your savings account or saving for the future which are different uses for the word.

The Sorcerer pass is good except for like 9 days of the year that 99% of those with an AP through DVC will not attend. Its really not the same as your analogy.

For all intensive purposes its a discount and savings because if I didn't have DVC Direct I would need to pay way more for zero difference in my AP.

You are over thinking this and doesn't align to US vernacular.

Saving money is spending less money than you would have otherwise. Its not saving from the context of your savings account or saving for the future which are different uses for the word.

The Sorcerer is blocked 19 days a year.

Last edited:
Agree just bring back FastPass+ as a paid service and let us have our three choices in advance!!!! Hate having to wait on the first ride to set up the 2nd. You lose so much time and organizing your day is impossible.
I also like being able to rides multiple times with fastpass!

there is no significant difference except the price. But to a local person and to a DVC member who is also local or does include a Disney stay during the holidays the two types of passes are very different.

Which is a tiny tiny percentage of people on this boards talking about the savings they receive from the DVC AP option.

The higher price was just the seller’s hope.

That people are paying..... There are tons of normal passholders so much so they needed to freeze the AP selling because so many people were buying them.

EPCOT's walkways are filthy, not dirty, filthy. Just like DS, they need a serious powerwash. DS did an amazing job cleaning everything in sight and it sparkled! Come on EPCOT - get the soap and water out!

I also saw an amazing amount of chipped paint and just an overall shabby (not chic) look. The concrete benches are grimy and I did see an energetic CM scrubbing one as we were waiting for our Space 220 ADR last night. This CM can't possibly clean them all in one night, however it gave me hope that perhaps this is the next area to get a complete cleaning!

Remember the twinkly *stars* in the walkway exiting EPCOT? Even when leaving, that sparkle always gave my family that joyful feeling. Can we bring those back please?????

I believe we will see amazing changes *soon* as what I have seen just in the past week is giving me hope!

EPCOT's walkways are filthy, not dirty, filthy. Just like DS, they need a serious powerwash. DS did an amazing job cleaning everything in sight and it sparkled! Come on EPCOT - get the soap and water out!

I also saw an amazing amount of chipped paint and just an overall shabby (not chic) look. The concrete benches are grimy and I did see an energetic CM scrubbing one as we were waiting for our Space 220 ADR last night. This CM can't possibly clean them all in one night, however it gave me hope that perhaps this is the next area to get a complete cleaning!

Remember the twinkly *stars* in the walkway exiting EPCOT? Even when leaving, that sparkle always gave my family that joyful feeling. Can we bring those back please?????

I believe we will see amazing changes *soon* as what I have seen just in the past week is giving me hope!
They got rid of the twinkly sidewalks?!

Yes. We shall see.

However, Iger will not have a whole lot of say in it unless the Florida government offers him some opportunities. Since the legislation passed and became law, the parties are not in an equal sides negotiating posture. It would take affirmative acts on the part of the government to prevent it from happening or allow Disney any influence in the matter. So, Iger's political talents may or may not have an opportunity. I suspect the Florida government will work with Iger, but maybe not. They are not required to do that.

There's still the matter of the $1B in debt owed by RCID. While DeSantis has stated that the taxpayers will not be paying that debt, the legal documents related to the creation/dissolution of RCID state that the debt is transferred to the county or the future entity that operates facilities formerly owned by RCID. That puts Iger in a much stronger bargaining position than the Florida government. I suspect that there will be a RCID-II coming into existence, with only slightly less Disney control (e.g., a requirement to seat a county representative on the board).

Loved your post. If you just read the standard news coverage, you would never understand all the complexities. Instead what you get is the author's political bias, either Pro DeSantis or Anti DeSantis--Pro Disney or Anti Disney.
Thank you. That is correct.

Last edited:
Thank you. That is correct. Even mainstream news did a poor job of reporting. Though I suspect the reporters did not understand how special districts are created and dissolved, much less a legislative process with special exceptions.

But I am done putting in the research and effort to explain and prove complex legal topics only to be ridiculed in public because the post is longer than a micro-brain poster here can handle. If someone does not like long posts they can scroll on by. But when they take the time and effort to post a reply that is just nasty, then it is only reasonable for them to expect me to take my post down and spend my time doing things other than DISBoards. Sorry you won’t be able to go back and read it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter