Your Opinion on the Fairytale Magic Package

That $1674 for 6 nights at WL is less than my 8 nights there, and I had no passes! I don't usually book packages either, but this one is working for me. It has enabled me to move over to Polynesian for our last big family trip. It's only going to cost me about $400 more to stay at the Polynesian than WL and I get more days in the park this way too.

palmtreegirl..

just so you know..you can cancel the FT package 5 days or more before check in so if I were you I would book it now and cancel if a better deal comes along. You have to pay balance in full 21 days out which isn't so bad.

I was planning on buying AP's for my July trip but I just can't wait any longer for AP discounts. Plus I switched from CSR to GF and still saved $362 by getting the UPH instead of AP.

OF course that won't help me on my next trip when I would have had park passes paid for already with AP's But at this point I don't care--DH said yes to 7 nights at GF with this package--and I have it booked!!!

Originally posted by HamHam
Oops...guess that info would be helpful. We are two adults and one Junior age 13.
Seems like a good deal. The best rate I have ever seen for the WL (AP holder std view) is $124. Add tax and multiply by six nights and that is about $826. If you were to get 7 day PHP's from a discounter you could get them for about $295. Multiply that by 3 and you get $885. That would make the cheapest you could get 6 nights and 7 days at WL (if the discounts were available) would be $1,711, give or take. You were quoted less than that - I wouldn't hold out for more. Congrats on the great rate!!!

I looks like this package isn't a good deal for me. Currently I have:

11 nights at POR and 2 Premium Annual Passes - total including tax is $2545. I've already bought the PAPs too.

This package only gives you the 3 extra nights for an 11 night stay so you bascially would have to pay for 8 nights. Since 4 nights in the moderates is being quoted at $1233 it would be $2466 for my 11 nights.

Since I want to use these APs for 2 trips and I'm hoping to get at least a small discount on my room I will stay with what I have.

Originally posted by HamHam
I don't usually book packages but this new Fairytale package seemed like a good deal to me so I called CRO this morning and book it. I got a price of $1,674.29 for 6 nights at the Wilderness Lodge; she told me this includes the UPH passes which include the 4 theme parks, DisneyQuest, water parks, pleasure Island, a special pin, and a framed disney character photo. I usually book a room only using a code and buy park hoppers at the resort with my Disney Club discount. I can't seem to find out what the park hoppers are now with the DC discount and can I still buy them at the resort? I also got quotes for the following hotels for our timeframe (August 16-22):
Grand Flo $2,298.77
POR $1,429.01
Boardwalk $2,075.69

All are standard view and a $200 deposit is due by 5/20/03. Can anyone tell me is this a truly a bargain? Thanks to all :)

HamHam,
If you can, go ahead and stay the 7th night, it will not cost you anymore. I just booked 7 nights at WL for 2 Adults and 1 child for $1621. The difference in your price and mine should be that at 13, the junior is still considered an adult as far as tickets go. When I inquired about 6 nights for a couple traveling with us, the price difference between 7 nights and 6 nights was .08. That's right, 8 cents.

As far as the original topic of this thread, I think it is a great deal. When I booked my trip last July for this July I based my budget on last year's code for WL which was $143 with tax per night. For 7 nights that is $1001. Then we were going to do 4 days in the parks and have free days in order to save money, 4 day PH was $570 in advance. So that brought the total to $1571 for 7 nights and 4 park days. With this package I have 7 nights and up to 8 days in the parks and admission into the water parks and Disney Quest for $50 more than I originally thought. I think this will generate a lot of $$ for Disney because people can get almost double the vacation this year. They may post some room only codes buy my guess is they aren't looking into it too much. Remember room only codes for July and August were out last year the first week in April, it is now May and nothing yet. If they do put them out, it will probably be for a smaller number of rooms or select resorts only, unless this campaign fails and I don't think it will. Once the TV and newspaper ads hit this weekend, I bet the phone lines light up. I mentioned it to a coworker this morning who went last year and said she didn't like to return to the same vacation spot two years in a row and all of a sudden, she is thinking maybe they should go back. And I mean this person was pretty dead set about not going back for awhile. So just think what it will do for those that are on the fence right now trying to decide whether to go or not. This will push them into the go category.

Just my opinion.

Do you have to be a DC member to book this package? I was a DC member, but didn't renew it in January. I have the Disney Visa now instead.

Is the Silver worth adding onto with these package deals?

TIA

Scratch
:smooth:

Ratpack; your e-mail makes me SMILE!! Thanks for your insight. I wish oh wish we could stay another night however we would have to pay a penalty to the airline if we changed out tickets:eek: I booked WL but man, I sure would like to stay at the Grand Flo sometime or Contemporary Tower. I may call back tonight and price those out as well. Can't wait to go!!

I had made our reservations last November. The phone call this morning, even though part of our accomodations weren't available for it, still reduced the total by over $2,000. So my opinion is that it's a good thing, for us.

I agree with the notion that this will generate a lot of interest in Disney and increase attendance. I think in large part because generally people want to think they got a deal and this pricing model clearly ensures a deal, depending on what you want.

I admit I was ready to kick myself when I got wind of this FT package thinking I had planned too well over the last 8 months and pre-purchased tickets foolishly and was now going to pay the price. I was relived when I spoke with reservations.

2 adults, 1 child (9) Regular season.

My plan 6 nights POR, 4 day hopper, Disney Quest - $1,415
FT plan 6 nights POR, 7 day UPH - $1,425

True, we can use the parks more with the FT plan but we have already planned for other activities that we would not miss for the World (no pun intended) and we just like staying at POR.

Still hoping for a tiny break with a room only code but I have stopped kicking myself.

This sounds like a great deal and we would probably jump all over it...except that we're not going until Dec. However, I also agree with Mary (Mousesavers :D ) in that this promotion has the potential to generate a lot of business for Disney...which translates into more crowds...so perhaps going in Dec. won't be so bad after all if the crowds are there in the summer and fall. ;)

Momtomootoo, I'm getting UPH passes but I'm also planning on flying in the night before our reservations at CBR and staying in a cheap hotel (two rooms at airport adjacent Quality Inn for $38 ea). That way we get up the early the next morning, head out to our resort, leave bags in Bell Services, head out to a park, come back to our room at around 2:00 for a swim/nap and off to another park or Downtown Disney for the evening. A CM also told me that I can shave off a day on our UPH passes if we decide not to tour after we check out. Believe me, with three sons age 10, 12 and 15, we'll be taking full advantage of our passes. My only problem will be keeping up with them!

Ok, I have a question for the experts ºoº
There are 8 of us going to Disney this summer. 7 adults and one infant. I was planning on the All Star Sports with 5 day + tickets. This package comes to .50 cents more per person and it has the UPH. Now the question...Is there a discount for 3rd and 4th adult in the same room? All the info says based on double occ. If there is no savings we could get 3 rooms instead of everyone in 2. If it saves money my grown (but broke) children would prefer to cram...Cheaper is better for them. Hope I am clear enough...

One way to figure about how much the deal would cost is to go to www.disneyworld.com and enter the info to book a 4 night dreammaker package. It was within $8 (more) from what I actually got. Just remove the insurance if you don't plan on getting it. This way you can compare without making a lot of calls or being on the phone for a long period of time.

Well this new package is starting to worry me. We have AP's. We bought them in April because we decided to go over Spring Break, and already had a trip in October planned. I knew it would be more economical to get the AP's because of the number of days we were going to be there this year. We got an AP discount at the WL in April, and hoped to get one there for our October trip.

I don't need the UPH passes in this package! This package doesn't do me any good at all! Does anyone think they will have AP room discounts for October? Am I stuck paying rack rates because I have an AP and go to Disney several times a year?

In my opinion, this deal saved my family close to $500, and we switched from WL Woods view to the Poly! We are pleased with the deal. UPH are good for us because we plan on going to the parks every day. We will be arriving at 7 a.m on our first day, and leaving at 5pm on our last day, so we will use every last day of the pass. For those people who don't visit the parks every day, I can see why they aren't thrilled by the offer. But like Mary of Mousesavers has said, the hotels may be filled to capacity, and other codes may not be available. I would jump on this if you want to be safe.

This package has done nothing but to confuse me. I was potentially planning a Nov. (Thanksgiving week) trip & was going to book a value resort & hope for codes to upgrade. I was considering an AP because there is a good possibility that we will return within the year.

Now, with the FT package, I am considering moving my trip up to Oct. 9-15ish at just a value resort. I thought it would be fun to check out the Halloween festivities. I am concerned about the crowds at this time as a result of the package.

I think I am leaning toward November still :rolleyes: because I believe that they will come out with good room-only or AP discounts since it seems to be a slower season as well as value season.

Decisions, decisions! :confused:

Have you noticed that most posters don't appear to be actually saving anything, they are just upgrading!

I would appreciate any advice on whether the Fairytale package works for me. I just made a Fairytale Package 7 night reservation for the WL, Woods View, for October, for 2 adults, 2 children, and was given a cost of $2,078.33.

My reason for asking whether this is a good deal, is that we will be traveling from California, and it takes a full day of travel each way. In the past, we have always gotten the Park Hopper (not Ultimate) because we arrive very late on the first day, and leave in the early morning on the last day. So, we are effectively not using two of the 8 days.

What do you think? Good deal for us or not?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Maynard

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter