Your (non-ride) "Must Do" for every WDW Trip

1. Drinking champagne in France.

2. Buying a Christmas Ornament

3. Saying "Big Adventure" in a terrible Norwegian accent at least 12 times.

Lunch at Sci-fi... DH's favorite.
Dole whips!
Mickey soft pretzels
And buy a Christmas ornament.

Def adding champagne in France to my must dos. Loved indulging in it last trip. Great idea!

1. Dinner at California Grill

2. Crab nachos and cocktails in the Bluezoo lounge.

3. Visit Grand Floridian.

4. Visit Wilderness Lodge.

5. Share a sundae at Ghirardelli's.

6. Search for hidden Mickey's.

7. Pin trading and visit DTD pun store.

Most of our must do's are food and drink related!! We find a new drink or snack and go back for tried and true favs like the Minnie's Bakeshop peanut butter chic chip cookies.

Walking around whichever resort we are at and picking out which rock we own.
Touring resorts during the second week of Dec for holiday decorations.
Boat ride to get from one point to another. (IE: DTD to POR, FWC to CR, etc)
Trying to find FL wildlife within the resorts can be anything from a rabbit to deer to gator to etc.

Build a Tinkerbell-size hut on the beach while watching the ducks
Roast marshmallows
Play chess in the Villa lobby

Of course, we do the photos in front of the castle, golf ball, triangle had and tree. And we have a photo frame and ornament from each year that we have visited as a family.

But . . . the one thing we do every trip that, for us, is classic Disney, is getting to MK for the opening show. We get up front, right in the middle, and enjoy every minute of the show. We can't wait for Casey Junior to come down the track with all of the characters. We have been doing this with DS8 since his first trip when he was 2-1/2 years old. DW and I always get chills and all choked up; because for us, this little performance reminds us why we love our Disney trips so much. While everyone starts to make their way into the park, we always hang out at the end to wave to Mickey . . . and he always wave back. Love it!

EPCOT- Cool Zone, Mouse Gear, frozen beer in Japan

We like to hit all main modes of Disney transportation: bus, monorail, all the different boats.

Zebra domes at Animal Kingdom lodge:cool1:

-At least one Waterpark day with the whole family, however DW gets to take off after lunch for an afternoon at the Spa (either at GF or SSR, depends on where we stay) cause she deserves it;
-Never go to the park the first day, get to know the resort and relax
- late night swim with the kids after the parks
- last day we spend at DTD and have lunch there and then head out of town (we drive)

Our must-do list for every trip:

Eat a meal at Chef Mickey's -- I have pictures from every trip starting with DD as an infant in my arms and our DS at 3 and on our last trip, our 18 year old DS is taller than his dad, and DD is almost as tall as me.

Buy a Christmas ornament in DTD, and our DS always gets buys some Legos from the Lego store.

Hot fudge sundaes at Ghiradellis.

We like to always play mini golf and I have at least one creme brulee at Wolf Gang Puck Express. Also like to alternate park days with relaxing at resort days.

Pizza at Via Napoli, takes me back to all my Italy visits. We also visit TOWL several times for drinks and appetizers.

The whole family asks for a big bag of assorted chocolates at Ghirardelli at DTD. We eat about half of them during our stay and bring the rest home, where they only last a few days. We almost always get a Red Velvet Cream Cheese cupcake at Starring Rolls, and DH buys a new golf hat.

Ours:
* First day is most often a non-park day. Just relax and unwind at either our resort or another favorite resort.
* "Rent" movies from the DVC Community Center, store or specified locations for that resort.
* Use the in-room jetted tub.
* Run laundry. (We always do ... might as well list it here?)
* ... and at least every 3rd trip: we visit Basin White at the Grand Floridian to stock up on bath supplies!

#1 Must Do for each trip is enjoying a treat from French Bakery and tea from UK while watching Illuminations. Never Gets Old!!

Ice cream from Ghiradelli.

One day of relaxation at resort we're staying at - sleep in, pool time, explore the resort, and end with dinner at nice restaurant - Flying, Fish, bluezoo, Yachtsmen Steakhouse, etc.

MK--have kids take pics with the Indian statue on Main St.
Plus I cry when I first see the castle, does that count?
Epcot--Off Kilter...whoops! Not anymore. Guess I'll have to settle for my fiesta margarita.
DHS--ToT and RnR.
AK--as of this last trip I must have the dole whip with rum in it.
Daisyx3

Day one always has to be MK no matter how crowded
DC have their haircuts at the barber shop on main st.
Picture in front of the castle
We buy a xmas ornament
We buy a fridge magnet from that year.
DD has to ride Dumbo
Must see meet Mickey

Love our Disney traditions :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter