Your (non-ride) "Must Do" for every WDW Trip

eporter66

DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR
We have a few traditions, things we do everytime we go to WDW.

1. Picture of our DD in front of the entrance to MK
2. Spend an hour or two at the Boardwalk checking out the shows, taking in the movie being shown on the Beach at the Beach Club, and having ice cream
3. A sandwich (or two) at the Earl of Sandwich in DTD
4. Fish & Chips at the Yorkshire Fish & Chips Shop in EPCOT.
5. At least one Monorail ride

We have a few others, on one of our "relaxing" days, I like to hop a bus to a resort and explore. We have been to most of the resorts, and last year had a ball walking the trail between the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. We saw some deer, and then explored Ft. Wilderness (got to go in the horse barn and pet the horses), and loved it. Spent some time relaxing by the water, and just walking around the trails. Really enjoyed all the decorations that were out for Thanksgiving, seems like such a cool place.

I know I listed a few - so, share your traditions, I would love to hear what special moments everyone has at WDW

Breakfast at Olivia's whether we are staying at OKW or not.
WPE at the MarketPlace for breakfast or lunch.
Earl of Sandwich for breakfast or lunch.
Mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens.
Of course riding the monorail and stopping at all 3 resorts.
Ride Big Thunder Railroad.
Do something we have never done for the 1st time.

All pretty standard stuff but we enjoy it.

Eat lunch at the Plaza on arrival day.
Enjoy Tea at Garden View Room in Grand Floridian.
Take a photo in front of the castle.
Watch Epcot fireworks from the Boardwalk.
Visit the train room at VWL.
Visit "our brick" near the monorail entrance at MK.
Watch Carousel of Progress. We are from NY and saw it several times at the 1964 NY World's Fair in Flushing, NY.

Get a chocolate chip cookie from the French bakery in Epcot
Eat dinner at Boma, then walk around AKL/AKV looking at the animals
Listen to Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Ray's
Take at least one boat ride between a park and a resort or between a resort and DTD
If it's a F&W trip, get a glass of Neige Bubble in Canada

• Dinner at Columbia in Celebration
  • Followed by dessert at Kilwin's
  • A visit to DTD, including a sandwich at Earl of Sandwich (we also often hit Earl of Sandwich at the Turnpike service plazas driving up and back.)
We take in "La Nouba" every couple of years. We are due to see it again next trip.

Last year, we took BFF and family with us in an OKW 2 BR, but it's too soon to tell if that will become "traditional." We would love it, but it's a big expense for them even with us handling the lodging.

We also took part in the OKW Christmas Tree last year for the first time -- and that will certainly become a tradition whenever we go during the holidays.

Take kids pics in front of MK

Buy Xmas ornament at DTD

Eat a character meal our first full morning - usually Crystal Palace

Take kids pics with the Mine Birds in front of Nemo ride

Lunch or dinner WPE

Dd and I shop at Grand shops and do tea while DS and DH go to Disneyquest

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have to concur with getting a xmas ornament. Every trip with the year. We have 2 different ones for years we go twice. By the way Hallmark has a mickey ornament hanger for their Disney collection but we are using for our trip ornaments.

Our other must do is a family picture. No set place....but always one as a family in front of a landmark...castle, spaceship earth, etc. I also must buy/find an exclusive pin....and have once found a Disneyland cast member pin for trade on a Disney world CM. Of course I had to snag it.

Dinner and FW @California Grill &
Tripping thru the Boardwalk
Going to miss the Christmas lights @ DHS

We are also in the Christmas ornament contingent!

We also always try to do something new each trip.

Rent watercraft

Eat at Crystal Palace our first morning or towards the beginning of the trip.

While our two boys complete the special agent mission in World Showcase, my wife and I follow them around with "grown-up" beverages and enjoy the people-watching.

Put Stacey on the TV as soon as we get in the room. It can be annoying but it screams 'we're here' so we are drawn to it every time.
Dole whip floats
Train ride around MK
Christmas ornament
Popcorn souvenir bucket
Mug for my coffee every morning
Try to see the electrical water pageant

Do or eat one thing we haven't done yet. Could be a show or a snack.

Buy something we use (or see) at home. One year we bought chopsticks in Japan that we use whenever we have take out. Another year we bought decorative soaps at the Basin that we keep on our bathroom shelf.

Every year I say we are not going to buy t-shirts but every year we buy t-shirts.

The same must do rides and food - including EoS at least one time and dragging my family on Small World.

* Pic of DD next to light post in China
* Pic of kids on Main St
* Blown glass ornament from Germany
* "Orange Cremescicle" slushi from France kiosks (you know what I mean, the grey goose one)
* Character breakfast of some sort

Put Stacey on the TV as soon as we get in the room. It can be annoying but it screams 'we're here' so we are drawn to it every time.

I do this too, my family thinks I am nuts!

Crystal Palace before opening for breakfast on our MK day

Kona Cafe for breakfast

Monorail ride on our first night from MK to Epcot, stopping in at the resorts for a snack, drink or just to enjoy the atmosphere

I think we'll need to add the Christmas ornament to our must do list this year, great idea! :thumbsup2

My top three would be:
1. Staring Rolls in HS for a lite breakfast or snack.
2. Try a table or quick service restaurant that I have never been to.
3. Spend the last night strolling around Epcot's world showcase.

It is not every time we do this, but DH and I enjoy a dinner at the Wave, and then a trip to TOTW to see the fireworks! Our next outing like this will be October 3rd to see the Hallowishes fireworks!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Eat at La Cantina de San Angel. It is nothing fancy, but all three of my boys love to eat here.

Dinner at Ohana.

At least 2 trips to the Magic Kingdom one by monorail and one by ferry.

Resort day. We spend an entire day at the resort we are staying at and just discover the details.

Pool hop, we try to get to resorts we have not stayed at and take them in including eating a meal there to experience a new restaurant.

We are on vacation, so we try to do at least one full blown desert every day.

I like the idea of buying something useful at home.....like the chopsticks....to bad we aren't at Epcot on this short little trip we're on right now. Only have park tickets for Halloween party tonight.

I could add buy and drink a beer......but I'm pretty sure that's not a disney trip exclusive thing :drinking1

Used to be "watch entertainment in Epcot" but the recent layoffs may have put an end to most of that

Same here! It used to be that a must was shouting "Grail! Grail! Grail!" along with all the other "silly tourists". Now my only "Must-Do" is reduced to eating a blueberry muffin from the Boardwalk Bakery. Gotta finda new "Must-do" this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter