Your Leaving Disney For The Last Time

Ride Spaceship Earth at Epcot (which is the ride I always take when I leave WDW at the end of the vacation). The last photo is also of the globe.
I should say, though, that the last 2 times I left Disney it was with the thought that it was the last time I would visit.

I'm riding right behind pdchris. Then I'm taking a photo of the cotton ball (as my DS refers to it), at night, because it's just too big for me to get my arms around it to give it a hug. For me, EPCOT is the hope and inspiration of the community of tomorrow that I'll never long enough to see. And that's a fitting end to my vacation, always unsure if I'll have the great fortune to return.

Interesting thread...

(A tad depressing, but interesting) ;)

Even though it's not my favorite ride, I think I would ride Peter Pan's Flight, and then - like others have said - grab an ice cream cone on Main Street USA and just sit on a bench and watch the people and families go by...

All the while reflecting on how much WDW has meant to me for almost all my entire life, along with my friends and family members who have experienced the wonder with me, (some still here, some long gone) and be thankful that I was lucky enough to be granted the privilege of being part of Walt and his magic.

I kind of had this experience a few weeks ago. We were moving to Romania in a week, and I knew that I was going to be in the Magic Kingdom for the last time in a couple of years (a long time considering we made 6 trips last year).

My wife took the kids back to Beach Club and let me have some time in the park by myself. I had two fast passes for Space Mountain, so I rode twice, and took the long way towards Fantasyland to catch Philharmagic. Then I walked through the castle and down Main Street. at the train station I turned around and got one more photo of the castle.

Luckily I knew it would not be my last visit, so I didn't get too sentimental. Plus now I have the excuse of going to Disneyland Paris!

The last couple of trips my thoughts have been that this is the final time! But I keep coming back! Sadly I'm getting older and it's harder to go the many miles AND there are things on my bucket list I haven't done! Still going again in Oct. Doing MNSSHP and riding all I want at MK for a last hooray before I begin that list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter