Your favorite Disney resort and why?

What is your favorite resort? (Please vote for the type then post which one in my thread please)

• Deluxe

Votes: 119 69.6%
  • Moderates

Votes: 29 17.0%
  • Values

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Shades of Green

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Swan/Dolphin

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Disney Spring Resorts

• Offsite

• Total voters

Tiggerlover91

DIS Veteran
Hi! I'm curious to what the favorite resort is of you awesome DISers! I like reading through the posts of people trying to choose one and then see what advice DISers have for that poster.

In the years I've been to Disney, I have only stayed at two resort types....the values and Shades of Green. LOVED the Shades of Green and it's location to the MK. I do the values because even as a FL resident, the deluxe resorts are out of my budget. :worried: I've never looked into the moderates and done a price comparison on one of them and the values. I think of the value resorts, I REALLY enjoyed Pop Century on our stay back in 2015. We're doing All Star Sports again in June as that's where my son picked he wanted to stay. His trip....his decision! :goodvibes I also have to take our kosher diet into consideration. I need a resort that has the kosher foods available in their food court. All of the values do except Art of Animation. I know that some moderates do and the Animal Kingdom does also.

Would love to hear from the DISers on favorite resorts and why. Even if it's offsite. I'm leaving an option for that on the poll!

We like the deluxes. We are a family of 5 and we all fit comfortably in one room. We like the amenities, the pools, the smaller size of the resorts, better food and entertainment options. Also the closeness to the parks. Our first choice is the Beach Club, second would be the Polynesian, third the Yacht Club.

Favorite resort is the Grand Floridian. I love the ambiance and whole style of the resort. My favorite time there is right before sunset, I feel like it really highlights all the beauty there. I also love the convenience to the MK, just a short monorail or boat ride away.

POFQ, I appreciate the smaller size. I love the atmosphere. The beignets are worth a trip to the food court every morning. The live entertainment in the bar area is fun ( albeit, not every night).

Animal Kingdom Lodge, it's like experiencing a vacation within a vacation. I absolutely love it there.

I "ve stayed at both resorts twice, each time for a week.

Polynesian Village Resort. The relaxed Hawaiian vibe, scent, and music lowers my blood pressure as soon as I enter. Our room in Raratonga was large and comfortable. The close proximity to Magic Kingdom is awesome. I only wish that the volcano pool was larger. We actually love ‘Ohana, especially for breakfast. We really like Captain Cooks quick service, and the pool bar food is also great. Trader Sams is so fun.

My favorite used to be the Beach Club mostly because of Stormalong Bay.

I have never and will never stay at Shades of Green because isn't that for military only?
No one in my family is or was in the military.

I picked value resorts.
I've stayed at all of the values and my favorite by far is POP.
I like the theme, I like how the rooms are situated, I like that it has its own bus line, I like that while its the farthest from MK it has the most direct route...
I like values in general because while I'm at Disney I'm usually in the parks from morning til night.

I've stayed at 2 mods.
Coronado Springs which I dislike and POR in the Royal Rooms which I loved and I'd stay there again in the future.

This summer I'm staying at my first deluxe and while I think I'll enjoy the experience I also think I could just as easily go back to a value after that.
We decided to splurge and stay where I've wanted to stay since I was a child and that's The Contemporary. We're doing theme park view club level.

I have never and will never stay at Shades of Green because isn't that for military only?
No one in my family is or was in the military.

I picked value resorts.
I've stayed at all of the values and my favorite by far is POP.
I like the theme, I like how the rooms are situated, I like that it has its own bus line, I like that while its the farthest from MK it has the most direct route...
I like values in general because while I'm at Disney I'm usually in the parks from morning til night.

I've stayed at 2 mods.
Coronado Springs which I dislike and POR in the Royal Rooms which I loved and I'd stay there again in the future.

This summer I'm staying at my first deluxe and while I think I'll enjoy the experience I also think I could just as easily go back to a value after that.
We decided to splurge and stay where I've wanted to stay since I was a child and that's The Contemporary. We're doing theme park view club level.

Yes, the Shades of Green is military only. My husband did 10 years in the Air Force. Got to experience SoG twice and was so glad we did! Good point about the values. If you're going to be in the parks the majority of the day, then why pay the price for what the deluxes and moderates can offer you?

I couldn’t pick a favourite. I have 3 favourites at each category level. POP, POFQ and The Poly.

I’ve stayed at other resorts, but these 3 resorts make me happy. I really have no desire to stay elsewhere at this point. I try to alternate between the 3. We spend tons of time at each resort when we go. I’m just as happy to spend a full day hanging at Pop as The Poly. :)

I picked deluxe. The Contemporary and the Beach Club are my two favorite resorts.

CR - I like that there isn’t much theming. Cali. Grill, The Wave, & Contempo Cafe and all great. I like sitting at the Outer Rim and people watching. And grabbing a coffee/tea at Contemporary Grounds right before walking to MK is something I always do when I stay there. Speaking of that, being able to walk to MK is great. The monorail running through the hotel is still a fun thing to watch. Sitting on a bayside view room at night and watching the electric light parade go by is a nice way to end the night.

BC - being able to walk to two parks is the biggest plus to me (especially Epcot, since that’s my favorite park). The boardwalk being a short walk away is also a plus. Stormalong Bay pool is the best pool in WDW.

And just an aside of The Who can stay at Shades of Greens, it not just military memebers. Current and retired DoD employees (and families) can also stay there. There are also a few other groups that can as well. The attacked list is from the Shades of Green’s website on who can stay.

https://www.shadesofgreen.org/accommodations/eligibility

I can’t really vote on your poll because I normally don’t pick my resorts by category. I’ve had great trips at pop, pofq, and bc even though they are all different levels. I would say pofq is probably my favorite because of the size and theming but we also really liked bc last time we stayed there. We normally do split stays and split between a moderate and deluxe to help our budget out. We have a trip coming up in about 15 days that’s 3 nights at yc and 3 nights at cbr.

I’ve stayed at ASMu, Dolphin, Pop, AK Kidani, POFQ, BLT, Swan, WL, AKL Jambo, SSR, BC, and off site. We have yet to have a bad stay anywhere.

I definitely like being on property better than off, so that ranks Swan/Dolphin lower than the others. However, I’d go back in a heartbeat. I also like the regular Disney hotels as opposed to the DVC rooms (not a big fan of the sofa beds).

I guess if I really had to pick out all of these AKL Jambo was my favorite, but AK Kidani was my least favorite. However, I honestly would stay at any of them.

I'd love to stay at a Deluxe but I just can't see paying that much of my hard earned money. Coronado was enjoyable, but with the new tower I'm not sure. We've thoroughly enjoyed staying at the Swan Dolphin several times, love the Deluxe room for the Moderate price and the location is ideal. But excited to check out Port Orleans French Quarter for our next trip, unless Swan comes in with a great price.

Yes, the Shades of Green is military only. My husband did 10 years in the Air Force. Got to experience SoG twice and was so glad we did! Good point about the values. If you're going to be in the parks the majority of the day, then why pay the price for what the deluxes and moderates can offer you?
We honeymooned at SOG - except it was called Disney Golf Resort back then...I think we were the only non-golfers there. We literally had the pool all to ourselves most days as everyone one else was out playing golf...ugly room - beautiful grounds. I voted Deluxe as we’re are DVC...

So far ,Polynesian - the theming makes it feel so special and vacation like. I appreciate the size of the room greatly. I hate going on "vacation", somewhere to relax, and having to squeeze into a small room. I can't easily deal with a smaller room, just seems so not relaxing and vacation like to me.

Swan/Dolphin -
If the DP doesn't work for you,
If Magical Express doesn't matter to you,
If you like nice pools,
If you like Epcot
If you like Hollyweird
The Boardwalk is your back door.
If you wanna be at either park in 15 minutes or less.
Three of their restaurants are generally in every conversation about "best on property."
PRICE!!!
Heavenly Beds.

I'm a fan.

Plus...Costco! Actually, last I checked, there were also few of the "Disney Owned" Resorts offering pkgs through Costco. Not sure if that's still the case. I recall seeing Boardwalk, Saratoga, CBR, and All Star. Not sure what the deal is with those, but my Swan/Dolphin pkgs were "no-brainers" for price + amenities.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!