Your favorite Disney resort and why?

What is your favorite resort? (Please vote for the type then post which one in my thread please)

• Deluxe

Votes: 119 69.6%
  • Moderates

Votes: 29 17.0%
  • Values

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Shades of Green

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Swan/Dolphin

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Disney Spring Resorts

• Offsite

• Total voters
We like to try a new resort whenever we go to Disney, so far nothing compares to Kidani or OKW. We try to stay a few days at one of these resorts each year, in May we have four days at Kidani at the end of our week long Poly visit. What we like about these resorts is what most people don't like about them, we both have anxiety disorders and feeling far away from the business of the parks helps us cope. My favourite thing to do is to sit on my balcony at Kidani to watch the animals, sometimes I don't even want to leave the room because this is so much fun.
So you like that OKW is far from everything? Is there anything else you like about it? We’ve never stayed there and people don’t normally mention it but we’ve definitely considered it before based on the price point

My favorite is Fort Wilderness .. considered a moderate. We’ve stayed both in the cabins and travel trailers. The cabins are like a suite with 1 bedroom & full kitchen. The campsites allow up to 10 people. After spending a day in the hustle and bustle at the parks I love coming back to the laid back feel of the campground. One of my favorite things is even though we always have a coffee maker on site we get the refillable mugs and every morning I walk, bike or golf cart down to Pioneer Hall for coffee and a visit to the horse barns and marina. So peaceful.

Yes, the Shades of Green is military only. My husband did 10 years in the Air Force. Got to experience SoG twice and was so glad we did! Good point about the values. If you're going to be in the parks the majority of the day, then why pay the price for what the deluxes and moderates can offer you?

Wait what is this? Do you have to be retired or active duty or any veteran? I did 8 yrs w army, honorable discharge, would I qualify? Are they nice? I need to google.

My favorite resort (and the only one I’ve been to) is art of animation which is a value resort which blows my mind!!! We got a beautiful 1 bedroom suite, 2 bathrooms!! Couch and dining table both fold out into adorable beds. Amazing big blue pool. My kids love Nemo so it was a no brained. And I love lion king and little mermaid so just walking around taking pictures was amazing. No table service options but the cafeteria had good food. Buses were a pain w the stroller but it’s free transport and once the gondolas go in it’ll be amazing.

We haven't stayed at many, AoA, POP twice, YC once and have that booked again for this Augusts. I'd say it depends on the trip. If we are just there a night or two pre or post cruise we'll pick a value (so far that's been POP but I'm open the All Stars). If we are there for longer we like Yacht Club for being close to two parks and the great pool area. We take more breaks on "just Disney" trips so it works for us on those. I had wanted to try one of the monorail resorts this summer but we talked about it and with the price difference, and how much we loved Yacht Club, we just stuck with that again.

We like to try a new resort whenever we go to Disney, so far nothing compares to Kidani or OKW. We try to stay a few days at one of these resorts each year, in May we have four days at Kidani at the end of our week long Poly visit. What we like about these resorts is what most people don't like about them, we both have anxiety disorders and feeling far away from the business of the parks helps us cope. My favourite thing to do is to sit on my balcony at Kidani to watch the animals, sometimes I don't even want to leave the room because this is so much fun.

What do you love about OKW??

I voted deluxe, but I think it is important for me to share that I would never have done so 3 years ago. I still do not feel that they are at all worth the money compared to moderates. I have been to the parks so much, though, that I enjoy more pool time now. I also get into them much cheaper using DVC points.
For the money, I like the moderates the best. I feel you get the most bang for your buck.

So you like that OKW is far from everything? Is there anything else you like about it? We’ve never stayed there and people don’t normally mention it but we’ve definitely considered it before based on the price point
I can tell you a lot of things I love about OKW - beautiful grounds, huge rooms, huge screen porches and balconies, boat to DS, Olivia’s, close parking....etc..but to me - the best part of OKW is just how wonderfully relaxing our vacations have been. I’ve stay at almost all the WDW DVC properties and I pretty much love them all for a variety of reasons/seasons...

I voted deluxe, but I think it is important for me to share that I would never have done so 3 years ago. I still do not feel that they are at all worth the money compared to moderates. I have been to the parks so much, though, that I enjoy more pool time now. I also get into them much cheaper using DVC points.
For the money, I like the moderates the best. I feel you get the most bang for your buck.
This is how we are now. We only do deluxe if it’s a good deal. I’m not sure if we will ever get to contemporary or poly but maybe one day. We do so many pool/rest days and like to hang out so deluxe resorts are more our speed

I can tell you a lot of things I love about OKW - beautiful grounds, huge rooms, huge screen porches and balconies, boat to DS, Olivia’s, close parking....etc..but to me - the best part of OKW is just how wonderfully relaxing our vacations have been. I’ve stay at almost all the WDW DVC properties and I pretty much love them all for a variety of reasons/seasons...
Thanks! I think we’ll probably consider it sometime. OKW and ssr show up often for me as cheaper than most of the deluxes but we’ve been hesitant to book either of them

Of the ones I've stayed at, I'd rank them: CR, AoA (suite), Sports. Although never seeing the rooms themselves in person, I've been to GF, Poly, Pop. CR is still my favorite. I love the feel of the place, especially staying in the tower. You walk out of your room and see all the excitement happening down below. Yeah, you can hear Chef Mickeys from the room a little, but I love it. So many people having so much fun. Also love that them monorail runs right through it. While most people don't like the decor, I think it's quite nice. I've stayed there twice (tower room and garden wing room), but doubt I'll go back though. Just can't justify the price, when we don't spend much time there.

The resort is very spread out so you don’t feel as though you are tripping over other people. The studio rooms are very big and you don’t feel squished. There are several quiet pools that are rarely busy, and the theming is very laid back. The boat ride to Disney Springs is also very relaxing.

We’ve done deluxe with a few pre stays at value resorts. Our favorites are Polynesian followed by Wilderness lodge and Beach club. All three of these resorts feel relaxing to me, so this is why the Grand Floridian didn’t make my cut. Polynesian hands down, has the best customer service.

I have stayed at BC (x2), Poly (X1), POFQ (x4) and Pop (x1).

Port Orleans French Quarter is my favorite. Pretty, quaint and charming, it feels like a little neighborhood to me. As a solo, I appreciate the manicured grounds, wrought iron railings and good sightlines. And I know I'm odd, but at WDW I'm actually more comfortable with the exterior corridors than with a long, winding interior hallway. (That's only at WDW, though.)

BC wins hands down for location, and I'm fine with Pop (and would like to stay there again once the Skyliner is open), but my heart belongs to POFQ.

I have stayed at BC (x2), Poly (X1), POFQ (x4) and Pop (x1).

Port Orleans French Quarter is my favorite. Pretty, quaint and charming, it feels like a little neighborhood to me. As a solo, I appreciate the manicured grounds, wrought iron railings and good sightlines. And I know I'm odd, but at WDW I'm actually more comfortable with the exterior corridors than with a long, winding interior hallway. (That's only at WDW, though.)

BC wins hands down for location, and I'm fine with Pop (and would like to stay there again once the Skyliner is open), but my heart belongs to POFQ.
Dh and I also love the exterior hallways. We have always been lucky though and have been to wdw during nice weather so we’ve never dealt with walking in the rain or anything

The resort is very spread out so you don’t feel as though you are tripping over other people. The studio rooms are very big and you don’t feel squished. There are several quiet pools that are rarely busy, and the theming is very laid back. The boat ride to Disney Springs is also very relaxing.
You’ve really convinced me that Dh and I need to give OKW a real chance. I think it would be a good one if the price is right and we were doing more of a resort trip. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter