Your dream resort they'll never build

yep - i'm really tempted to visit the marriott near DL paris. (i'd have to use my nonDVC timeshare for the trade. last year i traded for marriotts in the caribbean and southern cal coast.)

http://www.yesterland.com/parisvillas.html

my dream DVC is still the VGF unless the execution turns it into a debacle... (not sure i'd "die for it" but i might overspend a little to stay there a few times.)

We visited, Marriott’s Village d’Ile-de-France in 2009. We absolutely LOVED it! We booked a 3 BR for 5 adults, 2 teens and an infant. The villa was roomy and very nice. The staff was amazing....very friendly and accommodating.

I would love a DVC in Paris. Actually,...anywhere in Europe. I'd even buy more points.;)

My dream would be a DVC cruise ship.
Second this vote! I'd buy enough points for a cruise in low season, inside cabin every year. They'll never do it, too many un-fixed costs, but that would be spectacular.

I believe that eventually they will create DVCs in Paris/HK/Tokyo ... it only makes sense for them to sell near the parks, but its probably a long long ways off. I've seen Tahoe in people's surveys, which would be great, or really any DVC ski resort would be wonderful but a lot less likely ...

I'd love an indoor water park resort. For when there is thunder and to cold outside to swim.
I love Disney at Christmas, but last time we went we froze. I would love the option to be indoors, and play in the pool, even if the parks at 45 out, and you are done walking around Epcot with 2 hoodies on and socks on your kids hands..... cause you didn't pack gloves.

Maui - Wailea or Makena. Or I'd settle for Kauai - north shore - Hanalei. Some individual bungalows in the mix please. OR - get the old Coco Palms location on Kauai.

and again I know I would be in the minority- but would love to see
a partial DVC at -POR- mansions in particular. To me- everytime I visit POR- it just feels warm and home-y, and has a great counter service too.

But I would also love to see a Christmas 365 days a year dvc too;)

I would love to see over water bungalows on Bay Lake that are part of the Poly. 1,2, and 3br units that are fashioned similar to THV, but just over the water and with a beach-y feel.

I will also add, and I think this makes it so unlikely. That they could move the shoreline (kinda like they are at GFV) and rather then back fill it, actually make it like a huge infinity pool. Then make it a saltwater infinity pool with some tropical fish and make the bungalows with a glass floor feature in the living room.

Imagine the point charts for those every night... Poly DVC, with above water bungalow, with a MV view... :scared1:

I've always said the only place that would make me want to sell my BWV would be GF. But not at almost 3 times the price I paid. My other dream resort came true - VGC, wish they would add more rooms.

1. Polynesian
2. New England preferably Maine or Vermont but New Hampshire wound work!

My dream would be at Ft Wilderness - individual luxury cabins 1, 2 and 3 bedroom (2 baths in the 1 bedroom like BLT & AKV) free standing buildings with grills, and all the peacefulness of Ft. Wilderness :cloud9:

I would take parts from a bunch of different resort and add in a few extra features

-First it would be in the Epcot resort area

-It would have the lobby from Wilderness Lodge

-The Boardwalk from the Boardwalk :rolleyes1

-Beach Clubs pool :beach:

-The monorail would be extended with a loop that took you to AK/MK/DTD/both
Water Parks (keep boats/walking to DHS/Epcot)

-The food court from a Moderate(my choice would be Port/Riverside)

-It would have a larger Beaches N Cream restaurant on the boardwalk

-A larger ESPN Club :cheer2:

-A couple nice restaurants on the Boardwalk

-Camp fires at night like at FW with movies :3dglasses popcorn::

-Better Wi-Fi :thumbsup2

Things I would add

-there would be a slide that went to the pool from every floor of the hotel :yay:

-there would be an outside elevator that you could take to/from the pool so you
don't have to go through the lobby/building soaking wet to get to your room

-A roof top deck that you can watch Illuminations from every night

-A dedicated room to do your bag check-in so it doesn't clog up the lobby,
maybe a number machine so you don't have to stand in line

What do you think and what would you want to add? :teacher:

maybe the slide from the BW pool? :clown: :rotfl2:

My dream DVC, or even resort, would be restored vintage trailers at FW. I don't have the time off to trailer to a destination, nor the room to park an RV. However if I could book a small 50's to 60's era Shasta ie. a studio, or larger ie. one bedroom w/ kitchenette and bath, or even bigger full size vintage Airstream I'd be in heaven. Of course my idea would take up a lot of real estate, so there would not be a lot of them, and would probably book up quickly for people that love the vintage trailers like I do.

I believe that eventually they will create DVCs in Paris/HK/Tokyo ... it only makes sense for them to sell near the parks, but its probably a long long ways off. I've seen Tahoe in people's surveys, which would be great, or really any DVC ski resort would be wonderful but a lot less likely ...

I don't know if everyone is aware of the 5 DVC's that were never built. At least 2 were officially announced.

1) Beaver Creek Colorado (near Vail). Site is now the Hyatt Mountain Lodge timeshare.
2) Newport Coast California. Site is now Marriott Newport Coast Villas timeshare.
3) New York City, proposed combination hotel/DVC. Site is now a Westin hotel.
4) Disneyland Paris. Site is now Marriott Village d'ile-de-France timeshare.
5) Eagle Pines at WDW. Scrapped in favor of SSR.

I've stayed at 1, 2, and 4, and all would have been great DVC resorts.

And the best thing ... it is almost turn-key, ready to go, currently listed for sale. Just need the right developer to purchase and reopen the Warner Springs Ranch in North East San Diego county. Located on the Pacific Crest Trail with ~2500 acres, ~200 units, lodge, hot springs fed pool, cold pools, equestrian center, golf course, private air strip, miles of trails ... endless family fun!

Even better being on the West coast as we are!!

~Marilyn

I would love to see over water bungalows on Bay Lake that are part of the Poly. 1,2, and 3br units that are fashioned similar to THV, but just over the water and with a beach-y feel.

I will also add, and I think this makes it so unlikely. That they could move the shoreline (kinda like they are at GFV) and rather then back fill it, actually make it like a huge infinity pool. Then make it a saltwater infinity pool with some tropical fish and make the bungalows with a glass floor feature in the living room.

Imagine the point charts for those every night... Poly DVC, with above water bungalow, with a MV view... :scared1:

This would be great and makes sense with the Poly theme!

~Marilyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter