Your dream resort they'll never build

I don't know if everyone is aware of the 5 DVC's that were never built. At least 2 were officially announced.

1) Beaver Creek Colorado (near Vail). Site is now the Hyatt Mountain Lodge timeshare.
2) Newport Coast California. Site is now Marriott Newport Coast Villas timeshare.
3) New York City, proposed combination hotel/DVC. Site is now a Westin hotel.
4) Disneyland Paris. Site is now Marriott Village d'ile-de-France timeshare.
5) Eagle Pines at WDW. Scrapped in favor of SSR.

I've stayed at 1, 2, and 4, and all would have been great DVC resorts.
Very cool thanks for sharing. I'd heard about the Disneyland Paris one, didn't realize it became the Marriott. I know that they owned the Marriott land on Newport Coast California. Never knew about Vail ... that would be spectacular, as would an NYC DVC. Probably the only way I'll ever be able to afford the NYC trip I really want ... :laughing:

I would like WDW (or DLR) ti take the DVC idea and create a ride sponsorship program, like the corporations have. It would take $1,000 people contributing $1,000 to equal $1M. 10,000 people willing to contribute $1,000 would bring in enough to refurb a ride and keep it going. In addition, there could be a "buy-in" price and a minimum contract period (like corporate sponsors). Club 33 has a huge waiting list, so why can't Disney take this idea and extend it?

For their efforts, the "sponsors" would get to vote on ride ideas/changes, make unsolicited suggestions to the ride's Disney management team and/or imagineering, use the ride's private lounge (which could work like concierge), and be invited to special events for sponsors within the park.

This could help Disney Parks of set costs for rides who do not have a corporate sponsor now (especially those needing updating) and maybe provide the funds needed to make some other changes (bringing TTA back to DLR, new monorail trains, create a new pavilion in EPCOT or redo the Wonders of Life pavilion, and maybe even extending the monorail line to DTD/AK resort area).

Just some thoughts on how Disney Parks could take the current idea and expand it to help in other areas.

I've always thought a Hollywood Hotel themed DVC at HS would be great. A spooky/villain theme would be fun. I'd want it to be walking distance to the park (unlike AKV).

I've also never understood why they built Vero where they did instead of Port Canaveral. It would be great to have a DVC right near the cruise terminal for short before and after stays.

A resort on the water in Sister Bay, Wisconsin

I am origionally from Wisconsin and not to rip the Cheese heads too much... but the weather is WI is why DVC has so customers. Its has like an average temperature of 20 Dec - Feb...

Who would want to go to sister bay from Nov - April??? Like some ice fisherman and snowmobile folks??? I can't see many DVC'ers vacationing in the "Great White North"....

Take a puddle jumper into Greenbay at a ridicules price and drive??

Wisconsin is great in fall and summer but absolutely ridicules the rest of the year... I don't think DVC want a part time resort.

However, I still love the PACK!!!!

Maui - Wailea or Makena. Or I'd settle for Kauai - north shore - Hanalei. Some individual bungalows in the mix please. OR - get the old Coco Palms location on Kauai.

Watched Elvis Presley in "Blue Hawaii" last night and am even more convinced that DVC ought to get the Coco Palms. :thumbsup2 Such a beautiful resort even if you had to cross the road to the beach. I did note that there was much less traffic at the time the movie was filmed though than there was a couple of years ago. But the rooms from the movie looked just like they still did in the 80's. :lmao:

It will never happen in my lifetime but my dream DVC would be Tranquility Base. Kennedy Space Center is right down the road and the DCL buses already go past.

Cool idea, and entirely doable - I'd add a computer system that would control the mirrors and can even have a ghost 'favorite' you and decide to haunt you. Of course, if your new best bud annoyed the living... er... I mean to say, bothered you, it could be remedied with a visit to the front desk or a call to ghostly services. ;)

Hahah ghostly services! Love this!

Dziactor said:
That sounds awesome. Like a Haunted Mansion/Tower of Terror hotel. That has my vote and money.

This is an AWESOME idea! I would love a resort like this!!!

My Dream DVC resort would allow pets.:dogdance: There was chatter about something in FW that would allow pets, and since I love FW, that would be mine!

My dream DVC would be a DVC resort INSIDE the world showcase in Epcot. It can be connected to any pavilion and should be themed to that country. If I had my preference, the theme would be Japan or China just because the buildings are so pretty. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter