Your dream resort they'll never build

zavandor

DIS Veteran
I had the idea for this thread from the FW DVC rumors, where a lot of people wrote that they really would like a pet friendly DVC resort.

There is resort in a place or with some feature that you would die for? Nothing really impossible like a DVC resort on the moon, but an option you don't really have much hope for, but secretly you dream about?

For example, I really would like a DVC resort in Disneyland Paris, it's much nearer where I live and I would be able to enjoy it easily with my whole family every year. DVC thought about this many years ago but then dropped the idea.

We always felt that, for our four person family, 1 BRs were to small but 2 BRs were too big and expensive. We finally pulled the trigger when BLT came along with its extra bathroom and sleeper chair. I'd like to have a second home near Epcot too, so I'm voting for Yacht Club Villas with the roomier 1 BR's.

Don't ask me where they'd build it though.

My mother is from France, born and raised in Paris, so it would be neat if those of us in the USA had an option in Europe.

My ultimate would be in the Caribbean, on any island, or the Bahamas. I would love a place we could visit in the winter. We love the warm weather, and WDW can be hit or miss in Dec-March. I don't want to wear gloves at Disney, so we tend to go late summer to mid-fall.

I think it would be a premier destination, I know it's been brought up a bunch of times before and generally the consensus is that it would never happen....not sure why.

For example, I really would like a DVC resort in Disneyland Paris, it's much nearer where I live and I would be able to enjoy it easily with my whole family every year. DVC thought about this many years ago but then dropped the idea.

yep - i'm really tempted to visit the marriott near DL paris. (i'd have to use my nonDVC timeshare for the trade. last year i traded for marriotts in the caribbean and southern cal coast.)

http://www.yesterland.com/parisvillas.html

my dream DVC is still the VGF unless the execution turns it into a debacle... (not sure i'd "die for it" but i might overspend a little to stay there a few times.)

My little twist on this topic, return OKW to its former self before the refurb. The furnishings while I'm getting used to are not OKW themed.

For me, it would be a place similar to the Tanque Verde Ranch. Not only 'pet friendly' but 'equestrian friendly' it would have a full equestrian program including guided trails, lessons and tested, independent rider programs. Local owners could opt for a 'day use' system, be permitted to board horses on property, have access to resort amenities. The property should include miles of hiking and riding trails, natural hot spring pools, and be tucked away in a remote area with year-round great weather.

My mother is from France, born and raised in Paris, so it would be neat if those of us in the USA had an option in Europe.

My ultimate would be in the Caribbean, on any island, or the Bahamas. I would love a place we could visit in the winter. We love the warm weather, and WDW can be hit or miss in Dec-March. I don't want to wear gloves at Disney, so we tend to go late summer to mid-fall.

I think it would be a premier destination, I know it's been brought up a bunch of times before and generally the consensus is that it would never happen....not sure why.

This would be my dream as well. I actually thought about this when we were in the bahamas in March!!!

My dream would be a DVC cruise ship. On land the Grand Floridian was always a dream of mine. Dreams do come true!

There is resort in a place or with some feature that you would die for? Nothing really impossible like a DVC resort on the moon, but an option you don't really have much hope for, but secretly you dream about?.

So it needs to be something I "would die for," that I "don't really have much hope for," but I "secretly dream about." That is very simple: WiFi in the rooms that actually works well.

So it needs to be something I "would die for," that I "don't really have much hope for," but I "secretly dream about." That is very simple: WiFi in the rooms that actually works well.
:rotfl2: Sadly, too true!

I would like to see a resort built on that island in Bay Lake. You could only arrive by boat. It would be a haunted resort. The lobby would have strange footsteps, mirrors with ghosts and secret passages. The rooms would have strange noises,doors would shut randomly, light turn on by themselves and ghosts would roam the grounds. There would be murder mystery dinners, scary stories at the camp fire and fog machines.

I would like to see a resort built on that island in Bay Lake. You could only arrive by boat. It would be a haunted resort. The lobby would have strange footsteps, mirrors with ghosts and secret passages. The rooms would have strange noises,doors would shut randomly, light turn on by themselves and ghosts would roam the grounds. There would be murder mystery dinners, scary stories at the camp fire and fog machines.

I guess it will be pretty much kid free!!! :lmao:

That sounds awesome. Like a Haunted Mansion/Tower of Terror hotel. That has my vote and money.

My little twist on this topic, return OKW to its former self before the refurb. The furnishings while I'm getting used to are not OKW themed.

I agree with this. I also wouldn't mind if they converted all of the Poly to DVC - you said this was fantasy, right? ;)

I, too, would love to see DVC at the international parks - Paris, Toyko, etc. We've always wanted to go and that would remove one more obstacle.

I would love a Yacht Club version of DVC as well as one at the Poly.

And if we were thinking of an off-park location, in addition to the Caribbean (which seems quite popular in this post), I would love a resort somewhere in the beautiful Rocky Mountains - maybe a ski-in, ski-out location.

For me, it would be a place similar to the Tanque Verde Ranch. Not only 'pet friendly' but 'equestrian friendly' it would have a full equestrian program including guided trails, lessons and tested, independent rider programs. Local owners could opt for a 'day use' system, be permitted to board horses on property, have access to resort amenities. The property should include miles of hiking and riding trails, natural hot spring pools, and be tucked away in a remote area with year-round great weather.

OMG this would be amazing!!! What a great dream/idea!! :thumbsup2

~Marilyn

OMG this would be amazing!!! What a great dream/idea!! :thumbsup2

~Marilyn
And the best thing ... it is almost turn-key, ready to go, currently listed for sale. Just need the right developer to purchase and reopen the Warner Springs Ranch in North East San Diego county. Located on the Pacific Crest Trail with ~2500 acres, ~200 units, lodge, hot springs fed pool, cold pools, equestrian center, golf course, private air strip, miles of trails ... endless family fun!

That sounds awesome. Like a Haunted Mansion/Tower of Terror hotel. That has my vote and money.

Cool idea, and entirely doable - I'd add a computer system that would control the mirrors and can even have a ghost 'favorite' you and decide to haunt you. Of course, if your new best bud annoyed the living... er... I mean to say, bothered you, it could be remedied with a visit to the front desk or a call to ghostly services. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter